Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (966946 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 8:42am On Jan 09, 2022
Victoronah1:
Guys, a Mercedes Benz c300 fan is not turning. I was playing with the fuse box because the pop up screen was not displaying. Then suddenly the fan just came on, without the ignition in it. After a while it stopped. But once I start the car, the fan doesn't start. Did I mess with the fan fuse? Who can help me highlight the fan .fuse or maybe bypass the fuse then I can change on Monday
Fans are not meant to come on when you start the car. They come on when the temperature reaches 87 degree Celsius. Depending on your thermostat rating. Hence you need to observe if it comes on after the coolant temperature reaches the mark 80/87 degrees..... Even then it is supposed to run for a few minutes and go off
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 9:10am On Jan 09, 2022
Praxtech:

Fans are not meant to come on when you start the car. They come on when the temperature reaches 87 degree Celsius. Depending on your thermostat rating. Hence you need to observe if it comes on after the coolant temperature reaches the mark 80/87 degrees..... Even then it is supposed to run for a few minutes and go off
Do you have a plug that sells c300 amplifier radiator and coolant compartment.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 9:19am On Jan 09, 2022
Felicity001:

Park car and book Uber till you find an electrician to fix it dont go and DIY and spoil things further.
Though I believe it's a minor issue shall.

I believe every car owner should have;

1) A competent mechanic they trust that can always rescue them in a desperate situation and that knows and can get good parts for your car.

2) An electrician who knows his onions and understands your car like the back of his palm

3) An AC technician who understands your car and knows what works best.

4) 2 or 3 part sellers that can assist with genuine parts when need arises.

All of these don't come easy and most times you would have spent money, quarell and time to gain the loyalty of these people because they call their office[b] WORK-CHOP[/b] and not Workshop.

Someone like me now, I've them plenty as contact, if I need good tires I know who to call, good mechanic I know where to go be it the educated one or the kazeem, Rewire and part seller I have them and their loyalty all because ive paid my dues and above all I'm still always loyal to them.

Some times I can just branch, park at their workshop and buy them drink, gist and off i go.

This has made car ownership very easy going for me.
who asked you all these?

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackgig(m): 10:01am On Jan 09, 2022
Hi everyone, what a great forum..

So my black c240 is misbehaving... the fuel consumption "bar" showing the average mpg while driving, goes up to the max 40L/100km when the car is idle, or under the 10km/h speed. Between 20-40 km/h it starts moving towards 20L/100km, and once the speed picks up above 50 km/h it goes back to normal around 10L/100km, showing average fuel consumption related to the actual driving and mileage I get..so I know that no fuel is leaking. And my consumption when I did a trip from Lagos to Ibadan at average speed of 100km/hr. was about 9.8l/100km so that checks out...

as far as know the only consequence from this is that it inflates my mpg if I stop/slow down often...

I've scanned with 6 different scanners but no fault codes.

any ideas what it might be?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 11:34am On Jan 09, 2022
Zino1011:
Do you have a plug that sells c300 amplifier radiator and coolant compar.tment.
What's that? Picture
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 11:36am On Jan 09, 2022
blackgig:

So my black c240 is misbehaving... the fuel consumption "bar" showing the average mpg while driving, goes up to the max 40L/100km when the car is idle, or under the 10km/h speed. Between 20-40 km/h it starts moving towards 20L/100km, and once the speed picks up above 50 km/h it goes back to normal around 10L/100km, showing average fuel consumption related to the actual driving and mileage I get..so I know that no fuel is leaking. And my consumption when I did a trip from Lagos to Ibadan at average speed of 100km/hr. was about 9.8l/100km so that checks out...

as far as know the only consequence from this is that it inflates my mpg if I stop/slow down often...

I've scanned with 6 different scanne.rs but no fault codes.

Is it consuming too much fuel in reality? If not please gboju

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Victoronah1: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
Praxtech:

thank you. The mechanic also said this, but I was scared to run the car before it over heats. I will start it again and watch if it passes 87° to 90 and the fan doesn't turn up, then I switch it off. While I was going through the fuse box, I noticed my mechanic bypassed alot of fuses which was blown. I went to buy everything and replaced exactly using the fuse box diagram manual. Now my radio turns up perfectly and screen pops up, but I still get a black screen on display. There was a wire the mechanic ran in the box, I removed the wire and placed with a new fuse, so I thought maybe that wire stopped the fan from turning.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Victoronah1: 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
guys, I left the car and the fan came on, after a while. everything works now. But I can't enter gear. If I select Drive or reverse, it works on the dashboard, I mean the dashboard will show me I selected drive or reverse, but there is not vibration to show that the car entered gear. So I'm stuck can't move. I recently removed the battery and put it back. Could it be my gearbox is damaged or what.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 3:08pm On Jan 09, 2022
Victoronah1:
guys, I left the car and the fan came on, after a while. everything works now. But I can't enter gear. If I select Drive or reverse, it works on the dashboard, I mean the dashboard will show me I selected drive or reverse, but there is not vibration to show that the car entered gear. So I'm stuck can't move. I recently removed the battery and. put it back. Could it be my gearbox is damaged or what.
Gauge the gear oil.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Victoronah1: 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2022
Praxtech:

Gauge the gear oil.
really, I'll do that. Thanks for the information. If it works, make I buy you small Andrea for your help smiley
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
Praxtech:

What's that? Picture

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Victoronah1: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2022
Guys please what is the best gear transmission oil for c300 4matic?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2022
Victoronah1:
Guys please what is the best gear transmission oil for c300 4matic?
Talk to nakoks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2022
[quote author=Zino1011 post=109221945][/quote]
Trinity Apapa Lagos
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nuwell(m): 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
blackgig:

I've scanned with 6 different scanners but no fault codes.

I believe the information you're viewing is your INSTANSTANEOUS MPG as against the AVERAGE MPG. The values you've quoted sound correct.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by theoilguy: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hello house. Can anyone please help with the contact of a Benz rewire with a proper scanner anywhere around ikeja? I have an abs problem on a w211..

Would appreciate quick responses..
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
OfficialDJ:
who asked you all these?

Look away

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2022
theoilguy:
Hello house. Can anyone please help with the contact of a Benz rewire with a proper scanner anywhere around ikeja? I have an abs problem on a w211..
Would appreciate quick responses..
You mean SBC brakes issue?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by theoilguy: 5:57am On Jan 11, 2022
Praxtech:

You mean SBC brakes issue?

I am not sure. Abs light is on, rewire says abs module. Changed twice and light still comes on. Steering becomes stiff after sometime.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 7:28am On Jan 11, 2022
theoilguy:

I am not sure. Abs light is on, rewire says abs module. Changed twice and light still comes on. Steering becomes stiff af.ter sometime.
What year is the vehicle?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by theoilguy: 8:12am On Jan 11, 2022
Praxtech:

What year is the vehicle?

2010 Mercedes Benz E350
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 8:13am On Jan 11, 2022
theoilguy:

2010 Mercedes Ben.z E350
Ok. No SBC. Just ABS.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by theoilguy: 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
Praxtech:

Ok. No SBC. Just ABS.

Yes.. I have had a hard time trying to get the matching abs module.

My part number is A212 431 29 12.

I am told there is a way to find interchangeable part numbers off the internet. Can anybody help me find them?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 5:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
theoilguy:

Yes.. I have had a hard time trying to get the matching abs mod.ule.

My part number is A212 431 29 12.

I am told there is a way to find interchangeable part numbers off the internet. Can anybody help me find them?
You'll need WIS software for that
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by theoilguy: 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
Praxtech:

You'll need WIS software for that

Is there anybody on the thread who Can help me out?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Herrmes: 5:07am On Jan 12, 2022
kingreign:

Lol, I've driven quite alot of cars, that saying is nothing short of fables. Totally untrue.

Driving pleasure depends on you as an individual. What tickles your fantasy. Are you an adrenaline junkie, speed demon, you're just a point A to B or someone who love sheer luxury pampering?

If you're into sports and speeds, a BMW an Aston Martin, A ferrari, a Lamborghini, even an Infiniti will trump an average benz.
If you want a boring ride from A to B with utmost reliability, a Toyota and a Honda will do just that for you.
If you want pure undiluted whisper quiet luxury, a Genesis and a Lexus on the average is more quieter than a benz of same era, has more softer suspension with much more softer supple leather interior than similarly priced benz. But a Bentley, a Rolls Royce will do extremely excellently well compared to a benz in those regards.

A benz is good, very very good, but there are equally very very excellent brands out there and a benz isn't the number 1 when it comes to these.
say i have 7m and looking to buy a car first time, which would you recommend?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:32am On Jan 12, 2022
Herrmes:

Sedan?
2013 Lexus GS350
2016 Honda Accord V6
2012-2014 Mercedes C350

All three do different things very, very well. It just comes down to what you prioritize. Personally, I'd probably go with the Accord. For a first timer, I wouldn't go for the GS.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 6:26am On Jan 12, 2022
Herrmes:
I'd recommend a Honda accord 2016, a Toyota Camry 2016 or a Lexus ES350 2012 a 2014 Mercedes C300/C350.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 9:37am On Jan 12, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Sedan?
2013 Lexus GS350
2016 Honda Accord V6
2012-2014 Mercedes C350

All three do different things very, very well. It just comes down to what you prioritize. Personally, I'd probably go with the Accord. For a first timer, I wouldn't go for the GS.
A 7m 2013 GS350 at the current exchange rate is probably a highly compromised GS350. That car price don go up oo. Minimum is 7.5 if he finds someone willing to sell off at dealer price.
The accord is not a bad choice to be honest.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:40am On Jan 12, 2022
9icetoo:

A 7m 2013 GS350 at the current exchange rate is probably a highly compromised GS350. That car price don go up oo. Minimum is 7.5 if he finds someone willing to sell off at dealer price.
The accord is not a bad choice to be honest.

Ah, that's bad. But that makes sense, I think 7m would have been doable 18 months ago. Car prices are daunting right now.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trevon91: 1:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Sedan?
2013 Lexus GS350
2016 Honda Accord V6
2012-2014 Mercedes C350

How bout 8-12m for a suv/cuv
For a first timer..
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Herrmes: 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Sedan?
2013 Lexus GS350
2016 Honda Accord V6
2012-2014 Mercedes C350

i appreciate it.

i’m also curious about why them and why not, again thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.