Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968126 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Herrmes: 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
kingreign:
I'd recommend a Honda accord 2016, a Toyota Camry 2016 or a Lexus ES350 2012 a 2014 Mercedes C300/C350.
i appreciate it, if you don’t mind i’m also curious about your reasons.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 1:38pm On Jan 12, 2022
Herrmes:
i appreciate it, if you don’t mind i’m also curious about your reasons.

Reliability and availability of parts for repairs and maintenance. They're more forgiving compared to their competitors.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 9icetoo(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
Trevon91:

How bout 8-12m for a suv/cuv
For a first timer..
Please repost on the car comparison thread. Let's respect the Benz crew. wink

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2022
Victoronah1:
guys, I left the car and the fan came on, after a while. everything works now. But I can't enter gear. If I select Drive or reverse, it works on the dashboard, I mean the dashboard will show me I selected drive or reverse, but there is not vibration to show that the car entered gear. So I'm stuck can't move. I recently removed the battery and put it back. Could it be my gearbox is damaged or what.
A proper diagnosis will determine that.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
theoilguy:
Hello house. Can anyone please help with the contact of a Benz rewire with a proper scanner anywhere around ikeja? I have an abs problem on a w211..

Would appreciate quick responses..
call me 08092757438.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2022
Trevon91:

For a first timer..
bmw X3, X5
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2022
Adedam2021:
Compliment of the season to everyone in the house, guru's in the house please kindly help me out with my C180 kompressor it keep turing off after starting it ,the engine shut itself off few seconds after starting it ,and also the indicator light on the park gear goes off .pls guru's in house any advice or solution
a proper diagnosis will tell you what's up.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 5:30pm On Jan 12, 2022
Jamie1000:
A 2011/2012 V6 Honda Accord. Who have an experience of this car. What are the pros and cons?
very good car, will not disappoint you. But a caveat, don't joke with the maintenance if you want to enjoy your car, Hondas don't take abuse like Toyotas

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
Dew360:
Please help!

I have ML500 W164. It won't start when engine is hot.

I have changed the kick starter, crankshaft sensor and fuel pump but still not responding, but when cold it will start.

What can I do again?
Have you done any form of diagnosis?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by MOTIONTECH(m): 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
arma19:
Please i need help
i have a 2014 c300 4matic, the car was losing coolant, and overheating. so we changed the head gasket, but after changing the head gasket the car is not starting, No spark in three of the six plugs, pls does anyone has any idea what could be wrong with car? someone is telling me it might be the brainbox that have problem
How far with your car now, has it been fixed.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Victoronah1: 10:58pm On Jan 12, 2022
My c300 is a mystery. I scanned the car using obd2 scanner and didn't detect any gear issues. So my car's gear is okay, however it won't enter gear until I push the panic button on the key hob and immediately it starts beeping and I unlock the car and put in gear, my car works. I noticed this anytime my battery dies, the car won't go into gear, and the panic won't work for a while, but immediately it beeps, then it goes into gear. But if I remove the battery and connect in the morning, automatically gears enters. I'm planing to change the transmission fluid tomorrow though
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:40am On Jan 13, 2022
Trevon91:

For a first timer..

RX350.
ML350.
Acura ZDX.
Acura MDX.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:41am On Jan 13, 2022
Victoronah1:
My c300 is a mystery. I scanned the car using obd2 scanner and didn't detect any gear issues. So my car's gear is okay, however it won't enter gear until I push the panic button on the key hob and immediately it starts beeping and I unlock the car and put in gear, my car works. I noticed this anytime my battery dies, the car won't go into gear, and the panic won't work for a while, but immediately it beeps, then it goes into gear. But if I remove the battery and connect in the morning, automatically gears enters. I'm planing to change the transmission fluid tomorrow though

This doesn't seem like a problem related to transmission fluid at all.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

This doesn't seem like a problem related to transmission fluid at all.

E be like them don rewire the transmission or flooding don happen

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Trevon91: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

RX350.
ML350.
Acura ZDX.
Acura MDX.
bro
Whats your opinion on 2013-2015 Glk 350
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by danny34(m): 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2022
Go here and check:

https://www.euspares.co.uk/original-parts/mercedes-benz

Select Ur model and year... Select the part u want, u will see all matching parts.

theoilguy:

Yes.. I have had a hard time trying to get the matching abs module.

My part number is A212 431 29 12.

I am told there is a way to find interchangeable part numbers off the internet. Can anybody help me find them?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:23pm On Jan 13, 2022
Trevon91:
bro
Whats your opinion on 2013-2015 Glk 350

Good cars. A bit too popular for my liking.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OgaKazeem(m): 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2022
Victoronah1:

1. is your OBD2 scanner able to scan the transmission or just the engine?
2. you need to do a full system scan. somehow it sounds like you might have a CAN communication problem. probably when you press the key fob, it sends a wake up signal via the CAN network and that is why you can start it.
this is just a guess. kindly start with scanning all the systems and then analyse the codes you retrieve.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Victoronah1: 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2022
OgaKazeem:

1. is your OBD2 scanner able to scan the transmission or just the engine?
2. you need to do a full system scan. somehow it sounds like you might have a CAN communication problem. probably when you press the key fob, it sends a wake up signal via the CAN network and that is why you can start it.
this is just a guess. kindly start with scanning all the systems and then analyse the codes you retrieve.
I'm not sure. But I use torque app for scan. They say it can scan transmission as well. I'm only getting 02 sensor and powertrain
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OgaKazeem(m): 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2022
Victoronah1:
I'm not sure. But I use torque app for scan. They say it can scan transmission as well. I'm only getting 02 sensor and powertrain
The systems of your car are much more complex than what that scanner can handle.
which means you can't confidently rule out transmission fault until you do a full system scan.
where is your location?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Victoronah1: 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2022
OgaKazeem:

The systems of your car are much more complex than what that scanner can handle.
which means you can't confidently rule out transmission fault until you do a full system scan.
where is your location?
Enugu boss?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bennayou(m): 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2022
Nairalanders help me with job!

Any type of a good job on water, land and air in any part of the country/world/universe with accommodation and perhaps feeding.

Computer literate. I can drive anything 4,3 and 2 wheels tyres.
Please 07061536243

I can MacGyver the heck out of anything grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackgig(m): 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2022
Yes it is. There is also black soot in the exhaust.

Praxtech:

Is it consuming too much fuel in reality? If not please gboju
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by blackgig(m): 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2022
Hi peeps, please can anyone recommend a fuel system cleaner for C240... thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
blackgig:
Yes it is. There is also black soot in the e.xhaust.

Solve it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2022
blackgig:
Hi peeps, please can anyone recommend a fuel system cleaner for C240... .thanks.

Liquimoly
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:54am On Jan 16, 2022
awesome9ja:
2021 Appreciation List
I want to say thank you to these guys for the valuable feedback I got from them last year. Una thank you.
Kingreign
Nakok
Bizzle2
OfficialDJ
Kewtt
Autologic

I hail bro,Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:55am On Jan 16, 2022
Victoronah1:
Get a star scanner or Launch and scan the transmission of that car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 8:59am On Jan 16, 2022
arma19:
Please i need help
i have a 2014 c300 4matic, the car was losing coolant, and overheating. so we changed the head gasket, but after changing the head gasket the car is not starting, No spark in three of the six plugs, pls does anyone has any idea what could be wrong with car? someone is telling me it might be the brainbox that have problem

Wrong diagnosis and careless mechanics.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 9:02am On Jan 16, 2022
blackgig:
Hi everyone, what a great forum..

So my black c240 is misbehaving... the fuel consumption "bar" showing the average mpg while driving, goes up to the max 40L/100km when the car is idle, or under the 10km/h speed. Between 20-40 km/h it starts moving towards 20L/100km, and once the speed picks up above 50 km/h it goes back to normal around 10L/100km, showing average fuel consumption related to the actual driving and mileage I get..so I know that no fuel is leaking. And my consumption when I did a trip from Lagos to Ibadan at average speed of 100km/hr. was about 9.8l/100km so that checks out...

as far as know the only consequence from this is that it inflates my mpg if I stop/slow down often...

I've scanned with 6 different scanners but no fault codes.

any ideas what it might be?
There is nothing wrong with your car.That is how it should be.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
Zino1011:
Please I what ATF and engine oil will you recommend for a glk 350 2012 and the 2010 c300
Mercedes star oil
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Victoronah1: 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2022
nakoks:

Get a star scanner or Launch and scan the transmission of that car.
hell sir. I just scanned the car and this is what I get. How much can the repair cost?

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.