Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,376 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (974656 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 4:01am On Dec 29, 2021
santakris:
Attention:
Who sells Benz parts here or direct me to where I can get speed sensors for my w202. It's not shifting gear anymore and scanner pointed to right speed sensor
changed mine at ladipo... ML suv

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 4:12am On Dec 29, 2021
Gravatar:

Lol I didn't say that bros, I was specific about the models I was referring to

W205s are manufactured in the USA. Their vin numbers start with 5.

Also I gave an example showing that some W204 models were manufactured in South Africa using kits from Germany.

W164 and W166 MLs have vin numbers starting with 4, those ones were manufactured in the USA

W163, W164 and W166 are American manufactured, Tuscaloosa to be precise

You are correct bro... I learnt a few things from you

Compliments bro

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 4:16am On Dec 29, 2021
nakoks:

Me i change transmission fluid every 31st December

Change of fluid after purchase of tokunbo is a safe practice
I think transmission fluid can rubuor9 2 years depending on usage.... First check the viscosity
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 5:20am On Dec 29, 2021
For sale: Autocom Delphi Tcs Cdp PRO PLUS wired/Bluetooth Car Scanner

Autocom cdp can do the following:

*manufacturer specific serial diagnosis

*scan function

*eobd/obdii communication

*serial systems

*engine

*ignition

*climate

*abs

*service reset

*srs

*immobilizer

*instrument

*comfort system

*gear-box etc

features:

with cars, you are able to perform brand specific diagnostics for cars and light vans from 1988 to 2020 A total of 47 different brands.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 9:30am On Dec 29, 2021
ariesbull:
I think transmission fluid can rubuor9 2 years depending on usage.... First check the viscosity

Yes it can, but i just dont like taking chances cos am always on the road
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by santakris(m): 8:01am On Dec 30, 2021
ariesbull:
changed mine at ladipo... ML suv

Thanks sir. I got it at Ladipo
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 9:37am On Dec 30, 2021
santakris:

Thanks sir. I got it at Ladipo
that is great.. We are here to help each other
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ariesbull: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2021
nakoks:

Yes it can, but i just dont like taking chances cos am always on the road
oh if you are always on the road... The timing is okay
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Princelumide: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2021
If it has not been fixed yet, have your mechanic or rewire check the fan-body under the gear to asertain it if it's not the issue you're having.
tetralogyfallot:
Mercedes Benz w202 gear is now fixed. The only thing is that it doesn't select until the car gets warm, I have to cover like 2 km on gear one then restarts the car before it starts selecting to other gears. Gurus in the house what do u think may be the cause of this. My mechanic here said I should continue driving that it will fix itself. And I noticed if I put it on D I hear a jerk sound.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 9:22am On Dec 31, 2021
kingreign:

Why would anyone in Africa go thru such stressful and wasteful venture just to get better fuel economy?
Isnt it better to sell off the C280 and get a C180 or C200 or C220?
Hian
It's more like penny wise pounds foolish.

Well, to each his own!!!

Azin enh!! We Nigerians enh... We too like wahalagrin

So boss does it mean I can decide to swap the M271 engine with M111 (red top?) still maintain my gearbox and car will still be okay?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 9:29am On Dec 31, 2021
Praxtech:
For sale: Autocom Delphi Tcs Cdp PRO PLUS wired/Bluetooth Car Scanner

Autocom cdp can do the following:

*manufacturer specific serial diagnosis

*scan function

*eobd/obdii communication

*serial systems

*engine

*ignition

*climate

*abs

*service reset

*srs

*immobilizer

*instrument

*comfort system

*gear-box etc

features:

with cars, you are able to perform brand specific diagnostics for cars and light vans from 1988 to 2020 A total of 47 different brands.

Make una dey try add price to una ads na me I no like stress to dey ask "how much?" gringrin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 10:57am On Dec 31, 2021
Felicity0001:

Azin enh!! We Nigerians enh... We too like wahalagrin

So boss does it mean I can decide to swap the M271 engine with M111 (red top?) still maintain my gearbox and car will still be okay?

Boss, this question get as e be o. The motor go turn kolomental o.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Praxtech: 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2021
Felicity0001:

Make una dey try add price to una ads na me I no like stress to dey ask "how mu.ch?" gringrin
Clearance sale. Best offers will be taken.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity0001: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2022
kingreign:

Boss, this question get as e be o. The motor go turn kolomental o.

Lol... No strenght

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2022
I dey find who go buy/swap
Need 3 row, this baby too compact and family dey expand. Service history dey intact. Halla!

https://www.nairaland.com/6919682/2006-ml500-v8-beast-sale

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:43am On Jan 02, 2022
toyeoye:
I dey find who go buy/swap
Need 3 row, this baby too compact and family dey expand. Service history dey intact. Halla!

https://www.nairaland.com/6919682/2006-ml500-v8-beast-sale

Sweet ride. It's a ride I'd recommend at anytime and at any day. We'll maintained carefully driven.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2022
kingreign:

Sweet ride. It's a ride I'd recommend at anytime and at any day. We'll maintained carefully driven.

Thank you boss �

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aaidel(m): 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
Good evening house I drive a 2013 E350 is there a way to disable the radio when leaving the car for washing/detailing as the last 3 times i left the car at the car wash when i come to pick it up the battery is always too weak to start the car.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 4:22am On Jan 03, 2022
aaidel:
Good evening house I drive a 2013 E350 is there a way to disable the radio when leaving the car for washing/detailing as the last 3 times i left the car at the car wash when i come to pick it up the battery is always too weak to start the car.

No way, you should give the detailers/car wash guys a stern warning not to turn on your audio system or find another car wash guy /detailer.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 4:32am On Jan 03, 2022
kingreign:

No way, you should give the detailers/car wash guys a stern warning not to turn on your audio system or find another car wash guy /detailer.

Unless he wants to be removing FUSE every time he takes his car to the car wash cheesy Not advisable as sensitive uncle SAM might just go gaga one-day grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2022
dannybrasky:

Unless he wants to be removing FUSE every time he takes his car to the car wash cheesy Not advisable as sensitive uncle SAM might just go gaga one-day grin

Una dey give carwash people una key?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aaidel(m): 1:19pm On Jan 03, 2022
kingreign:

i thought as much this is the second car wash doing the same thing i might have to start washing at home
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 1:22pm On Jan 03, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Yes o, so that them go drive am go buy fufu and egusi soup, then crash the car. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Only the old well known carwash guys. Newbies na impossible matter grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2022
Please I what ATF and engine oil will you recommend for a glk 350 2012 and the 2010 c300
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2022
dannybrasky:

I just changed mine and the cost wasn’t nice at all
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
Zino1011:
The expression on your face and pocket when you were told the price of the items would be > shocked angry cry
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Zino1011(m): 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2022
kingreign:

The expression on your face and pocket when you were told the price of the items would be > shocked angry cry
Still had to pay the street guys who reside at the location the car broke down to avoid story that touches the heart
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2022
Zino1011:
Still had to pay the street guys who reside at the location the car broke down to avoid story that touches the heart

Chai
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dannybrasky(m): 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2022
Zino1011:

It does cost an arm,getting one that works with your car is another disaster,mostly when it's a struggle to get same serial that matches yours. Uncle SAM done show me something for this life cry
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dru23(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2022
Zino1011:
Please I what ATF and engine oil will you recommend for a glk 350 2012 and the 2010 c300

Google is ur friend... U can actually go to Google and download the manual that is specific to ur car . This is the same exact manual u will find in the car ........

For Glk below........ And when it comes ATF don't start changing it anyhow unless needed . If the ATF is still pinkish in color don't change it o. Don't go and look for trouble .. Parts are expensive now .......

We also have Mobil 1 5w40 . This is the European Formula .. Limited supply .. Your glk will love you and thank you........

Lets be wise with our pockets this year . And avoid penny wise pound foolish syndrome

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheOldGods: 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2022
hello everyone. Please welcome me to the latest Benz users. I'm getting a Mercedes c300 on Thursday. I'll update with the pictures. The price will actually waw everyone. Please let me know if there is anything, I need to know. Cost and maintenance. How high is it my location is Enugu

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.