Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968877 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by PromiseUche(m): 3:45am On Jun 12, 2022
Pls, I want to purchase ML 350 Benz, foreign used, kindly recommend a trusted & affordable Mercedes Benz Car dealer in Lagos.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mafioso47(m): 8:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
2010 Merc C350 non 4matic serving me for 3 years and counting .. no issues sides regular oil change, and linkages. bought with less than 70k miles on the dash ..
Tip - avoid fake parts .. majority of the New parts on sale are substandard or China

Use genuine parts only. At best go for tokumbo parts to be safe even at that avoid reworked parts.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:06am On Jun 15, 2022
mafioso47:
2010 Merc C350 non 4matic serving me for 3 years and counting .. no issues sides regular oil change, and linkages. bought with less than 70k miles on the dash ..
Tip - avoid fake parts .. majority of the New parts on sale are substandard or China

Use genuine parts only. At best go for tokumbo parts to be safe even at that avoid reworked parts.
Things we never knew....

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fave12345: 8:25am On Jun 19, 2022
You can check Mayfairr on Instagram

PromiseUche:
Pls, I want to purchase ML 350 Benz, foreign used, kindly recommend a trusted & affordable Mercedes Benz Car dealer in Lagos.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluwasoft(m): 8:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
My 2008 c300 front SAM was flooded with water (I don’t know how it happened) I asked the benz Rewire to check he said I might have to replace the SAM. What’s the price idea for the Front SAM
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by southsouthking(m): 6:39am On Jun 22, 2022
PromiseUche:

Hi bro, i have a clean foreign used ML 2013 model, never registered, clean and sweet.
You can come inspect it yourself at Lekki.
Everything top notch.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheOldGods: 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
oluwasoft:
My 2008 c300 front SAM was flooded with water (I don’t know how it happened) I asked the benz Rewire to check he said I might have to replace the SAM. What’s the price idea for the Front SAM
150k grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AutoMoTech(m): 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
TheOldGods:
150k grin
The gods are definitely not smiling undecided
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by oluwasoft(m): 5:55am On Jun 23, 2022
TheOldGods:
150k grin

Ah
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
TheOldGods:
150k grin

Yup, got mine for that price last year.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
oluwasoft:

Ah

Make sure you get the part number of the SAM you have presently so as to get the right SAM for your car when you want to replace it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
oluwasoft:
Don't park that car where water from the roof will be dropping on it. Secondly get a panel beater to through your drainage channels otherwise you will replace that SAM twice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2022
Rattling sound at start up, this product will stop it and make your engine run quietly.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by PromiseUche(m): 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2022
2011 is what I need and can afford.
southsouthking:

Hi bro, i have a clean foreign used ML 2013 model, never registered, clean and sweet.
You can come inspect it yourself at Lekki.
Everything top notch.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bizzyliss(m): 1:21am On Jun 26, 2022
Midoda:

Don't park that car where water from the roof will be dropping on it. Secondly get a panel beater to through your drainage channels otherwise you will replace that SAM twice.
was there any recall for that, the 2010 ml 350 has same issue with the back boot too thereby damaging the back sam when it’s raining
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 10:02am On Jun 26, 2022
Bizzyliss:
was there any recall for that, the 2010 ml 350 has same issue with the back boot too thereby damaging the back sam when it’s raining

Non that i know of. I advice you change the boot rubber.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by David275(m): 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
I usually see some car owners using nylon/Polybags to cover SAM front and back SAM, is it really advisable?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
Bizzyliss:

Actually this was an issue. I had the same problem with my 06 Ml I tell you. Water damage from washing the car/rain and I had to replace shortly after changing the damaged one! We ended up resealing the rubber that runs from the boot down to the rear headlights and I wouldn't advice you to do this but I used a clear plastic bag to cover the bloody SAM. No issues with it till date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
David275:
I usually see some car owners using nylon/Polybags to cover SAM front and back SAM, is it really advisable?

No one even told me this trick but I used for the rear SAM.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2022
toyeoye:

Actually this was an issue. I had the same problem with my 06 Ml I tell you. Water damage from washing the car/rain and I had to replace shortly after changing the damaged one! We ended up resealing the rubber that runs from the boot down to the rear headlights and I wouldn't advice you to do this but I used a clear plastic bag to cover the bloody SAM. No issues with it till date.
ordinary flesh did NOT reveal this to you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by toyeoye(m): 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kewtt:

ordinary flesh did NOT reveal this to you

No idea what you're trying to say but I cannot be bothered
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
that you did well.

toyeoye:

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Itsrm(m): 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2022
toyeoye:

Matthew 16:17
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 9:45pm On Jun 26, 2022
PromiseUche:

Have you gotten one yet?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2022
Midoda:

I'm looking at getting a new ride... So is there a spec like this?

C200 Kompressor
2003-2005
1.8l or 2.0l engine

Now, the question is this which should be the best engine for this car? Red top (m111), black top (m271) or white tope (m_ _ _)

Pls kindly advise or suggest as I want to forward my request.

Thanks

cc: toyeoye, kewtt, kingreign, officialDJ and my other ogas
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 10:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
I will do the M111 anytime any day anywhere......... but never the 271.... a useless engine... personal opinion

Felicity001:

C200 Kompressor
2003-2005
1.8l or 2.0l engine

Now, the question is this which should be the best engine for this car? Red top (m111), black top (m271) or white tope (m_ _ _)

Thanks

cc: toyeo/ye, kewtt, kingr;eign, official;DJ and my other ogas

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Midoda: 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2022
Felicity001:

C200 Kompressor
2003-2005
1.8l or 2.0l engine

Thanks

cc: toyeoye, kewtt, kingreign, officialDJ and my other ogas

That Red top is a beast but its 2000 to 2002. You can't go wrong with that engine

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Wasky101: 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
awesome9ja:
Omo see as everywhere quiet!
All Benz issues resolved. Nothing to discuss.
Zero Benz issue for everyone.
Later these other guys go come dey talk say Benz no dey reliable.
Benz our No. 1 Brand. Lagos to Onitsha to Warri to Maiduguri to Europe.
Over and Over again we choose Benz.
Chairman, I don suffer for Mercedes hand in recent times.
My 06 e350 made a funny clinking sound one morning stopped abruptly on the road and never started again( after series of diagnosis was advised to change engine as it is not rebuild able)
Bought a c230 07 for re sale, run and drive good milage, no accident history) loss was recorded as " other" on the auction site.
Vehicle came in and wont start, it actually came in with no oil in it, put some oil and they it came on but wldnt run smooth and reported all cylinder misfire. Had to eventually change the engine after no solution.
Works fine now and no error code.
I don suffer my brother.
Ohh I forgot to say I cleared the car a 2.3m so now I am stuck with a 5m(cost of landing and repair) 07 c230
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by SeaTrade(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2022
Wasky101:

Chairman, I don suffer for Mercedes hand in recent times.
My 06 e350 made a funny clinking sound one morning stopped abruptly on the road and never started again( after series of diagnosis was advised to change engine as it is not rebuild able)
Bought a c230 07 for re sale, run and drive good milage, no accident history) loss was recorded as " other" on the auction site.
Vehicle came in and wont start, it actually came in with no oil in it, put some oil and they it came on but wldnt run smooth and reported all cylinder misfire. Had to eventually change the engine after no solution.
Works fine now and no error code.
I don suffer my brother.
Ohh I forgot to say I cleared the car a 2.3m so now I am stuck with a 5m(cost of landing and repair) 07 c230
You clear 07 C230 at 2.3m?
What kind of business decision is that?
Why import it in the first place?
You could have gone for newer models cos no one in their right senses will pay 5m for an 08 C300,let alone 07 C230.
Wasn't a very smart decision if you ask me.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Itsrm(m): 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2022
SeaTrade:
You could have gone for newer models cos no one in their right senses will pay 5m for an 08 C300,let alone 07 C230.

A lot of people were ambushed by customs and I also fell victim. The vehicles were on the sea when they came up with the e VIN nonsense. You either pay to clear it or leave it there to keep accumulating demurrage.

Going forward, no one in their right senses will buy a 2007 vehicle. Just save up to get a 2013. They all cost the same to clear

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Wasky101: 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2022
SeaTrade:
U could easily have asked why before feeling like Albert einstein on making smart moves.
Car was bought and enroute already before the new vin valuation, cleared a 2007 e350 couple of weeks before this and I cleared for 650k.
Only option I had was to abandon the car at the port, will u call that a wise business decision?

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Wasky101: 5:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
SeaTrade:

U could easily have asked why before feeling like Albert einstein on making smart moves.
Car was bought and enroute already before the new vin valuation, cleared a 2007 e350 couple of weeks before this and I cleared for 650k.
Only option I had was to abandon the car at the port, will u call that a wise business decision?

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.