Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (966401 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 7:19am On Jul 09, 2022
dannybrasky:

Get a good mechanic,a good benz mechanic .

Your mechanic should inspect both front and back SAM (FUSE BOX). As it stands, water must have compromised it.

Beautiful car you've got there,kindly don't allow any cutting and joining of wire to avoid stories that touch.

I agree about water intrusion and SAM.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 7:23am On Jul 09, 2022
dannybrasky:

SAM (FUSE BOX) is very sensitive. Get it removed and well cleaned and dried by an mechanic who knows how. If it doesn't work after installation,I guess it's time to buy a new SAM. Budget from 200k and above for that. I repeat again,don't allow any cutting and joining of wire,if you don't trust the mechanic,make sure you are with whoever is getting it fixed when it's being done. I am speaking from experience,before dem go carry denso toyota FUSE add join your benz SAM. Good luck champ.

Example of my ordeal below,denso toyota FUSE inside Mercedes Benz sam,I learnt the hard way grin

That’s a simple relay, not a fuse and it’s universal.

I’m sure that Mercedes made their connector proprietary thus the finagle.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 7:36am On Jul 09, 2022
Chelseafan1:

Lol, naso, but we are addicted...I've driven Lexus, Avalon, Highlander, they are really nice cars but I love my Mercedes.

I eventually took my car away from those bastards, took it a rewire in IB who deals with Benz only around UCH, the guy solved all my problems in just a day, it happened that my SAM wasn't faulty at all as those idiots suggested. He changed some things under the front rug and my lights, wipers, horn, trafficators all came back to life.

I've been so happy, now I can enjoy my Mercedes in peace.

All I spent was we changed three of those things, each costing 23k, he charged me 5k for Workmanship, I no even price am, I was still thanking him.

Most of these big Autoshops are useless.

They could have gotten a new front SAM for 260k as they said and that wouldn't have solved my problems.

I'd have left there with over 500k debt, I didn't spend more than 74k at this Rewires place.

My fan also stopped blowing aggressively non stop, it now works very fine, picks up once AC is powered on and it's silent.

Please share his details.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 8:24am On Jul 09, 2022
dru23:

I import directly from the USA. No 3rd party involve or middle men ......

We are actually out of Mobil 1 now .. We are loading a container soon .... Follow my post for updates

We also import other brands and many more auto parts items..

How much is the car wash? I forgot to put some in my truck.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
I have a GL450 coming from Los Angeles. It has two known issues when I picked it up but I didn't have time to sort it out over there.

1) Engine rpm systematically hunts up and down. I know it's due for a service.

2) There is a shudder from the transmission when warmed up. From research it might be the converter.

None of this is alarming and is reflected in the purchase price but I need the right mechanic/shop here locally.

Is there a Gazzuzz or RadAutoWorks of Mercedes in Ibadan? A real shop with demonstrated Benz experience not a shade tree Tiamiyu like me.

Thanks.

She’s finally home and safe in Elebu.

Customs did me something so did the offloading monkeys at the port but God pass them.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by dru23(m): 10:08am On Jul 09, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

How much is the car wash? I forgot to put some in my truck.

6k naira .. I think I have few left in stock. You can call the business line to verify. 09019171592
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by FEGEITOK: 10:30am On Jul 09, 2022
mejai:

That report on the image about R350..... pure truth!
SeaTrade perspective.... pure truth!
Will u be able to sell it up to 1m.... hmm!
R500 pros.... I can’t say. But like SeaTrade said, an old luxury Benz na money pit. Forget the hype!

Appreciated
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by izang87(m): 10:31am On Jul 09, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Please share his details.

Congrats on your ride Sir.
I also know of an expert Mercedese rewire around the location that @Chelseafan1 referred to.
Precisely behind the popular Kunle Ara pharmacy.
Perhaps the same person.
If Chelseafan1 does not get back to you soon, I will send his details.
Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by FEGEITOK: 10:33am On Jul 09, 2022
Chelseafan1:

Lol, naso, but we are addicted...I've driven Lexus, Avalon, Highlander, they are really nice cars but I love my Mercedes.

I eventually took my car away from those bastards, took it a rewire in IB who deals with Benz only around UCH, the guy solved all my problems in just a day, it happened that my SAM wasn't faulty at all as those idiots suggested. He changed some things under the front rug and my lights, wipers, horn, trafficators all came back to life.

I've been so happy, now I can enjoy my Mercedes in peace.

All I spent was we changed three of those things, each costing 23k, he charged me 5k for Workmanship, I no even price am, I was still thanking him.

Most of these big Autoshops are useless.

They could have gotten a new front SAM for 260k as they said and that wouldn't have solved my problems.

I'd have left there with over 500k debt, I didn't spend more than 74k at this Rewires place.

My fan also stopped blowing aggressively non stop, it now works very fine, picks up once AC is powered on and it's silent.

Lots of understated wisdom with the kazeems.

Congratulations, no wonder Nigerians are able to drive these cars without breaking the bank.

Those guys rely on pure word of mouth recommendations

They are not online and that is a problem.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Customs did me something so did the offloading monkeys at the port but God pass them.

Welcome home .... Have you named him/her?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 10:52am On Jul 09, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Welcome home .... Have you named him/her?

Thanks Chairman. Her name is Ursula grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 10:54am On Jul 09, 2022
izang87:

Congrats on your ride Sir.
I also know of an expert Mercedese rewire around the location that @Chelseafan1 referred to.
Precisely behind the popular Kunle Ara pharmacy.
Perhaps the same person.
If Chelseafan1 does not get back to you soon, I will send his details.
Best regards.

Thanks Sir.

I don't need one but it's always good to have such in the contact book when one is in a relationship with an older german lady grin

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 10:56am On Jul 09, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Lots of understated wisdom with the kazeems.

Congratulations, no wonder Nigerians are able to drive these cars without breaking the bank.

Those guys rely on pure word of mouth recommendations

They are not online and that is a problem .

That is what I want to change in Ibadan.

We may laugh at the crudeness of some of these guys but they are trying especially with lack of formal education, tools and experience.

Some of them need the exposure, while some needs to be used to fill potholes.

7 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by radautoworks: 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I see you already spoiling her grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
radautoworks:
I see you already spoiling her grin

I didn't have time to do anything to her in LA so I'm having to do it all here grin

I ran amok inside Walmart.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2022
SeaTrade:
Old age.
Wear and tear will burn a whole in your pocket.
You're better off with a sienna if you really need a minivan.
Please what is your candid take on this 2003 ML500. Hope it is not like R500?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Baker77: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
Please where can I raise this B class...I've worked on the exhaust twice.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by awesome9ja: 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Go Ladipo.
Baker77:

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
awesome9ja:

Except for both being V8 engine..... Nothing similar on them
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2022
Baker77:

Please what model is this and how much is something like this?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Baker77: 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
awesome9ja:
Go Ladipo.
You get plug?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Manuella4ace: 1:46am On Jul 11, 2022
Good morning all, my w203 c200 k when I drive for the first 5mins my gear select well, but after that I'm stuck to just gear 1 and my speedometer dies off, reading 0, my mechanic said it's my speed sensor on the rear wheel, I've changed both, but honestly no positive changes.
I need help.
Awaiting your positive suggestions
Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mejai(m): 5:10am On Jul 11, 2022
Manuella4ace:
Good morning all, my w203 c200 k when I drive for the first 5mins my gear select well, but after that I'm stuck to just gear 1 and my speedometer dies off, reading 0, my mechanic said it's my speed sensor on the rear wheel, I've changed both, but honestly no positive changes.
I need help.
Awaiting your positive suggestions
Thanks
Scan the car and save ursef from headache and trial experiment...... +ve suggestion oooo grin
I hope the gear is not about to wish u goodbye..... -ve suggestion tongue
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Baker77: 8:46am On Jul 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Please what model is this and how much is something like this?
B200 2008..might be upto to 3M now.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 8:49am On Jul 11, 2022
Baker77:

Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2022
Baker77:
Be careful with ladipo. If you are in Lagos trinity apapa,codered, gazzuzz (buy orijin along).
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Baker77: 10:13am On Jul 11, 2022
Kewtt:

Be careful with ladipo. If you are in Lagos trinity apapa,codered, gazzuzz (buy orijin along).
Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kayb2gx(m): 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2022
Hello everyone, I drive a 2010 w204. I scanned the car recently after a CEL came up and I got a P0496 code.
The car still drives well and I haven’t noticed any issue with it apart from the code.
I need to mention that this is about the third time this code will come up. I usually just clear it and it comes back up after about 2K miles.
I really want to solve it this time.
How do I go about resolving this issue please?
Cc: kingreign
Nurey
Kewt
Heavenlybang

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 3KINGZ18: 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2022
awesome9ja:

Nice car, drives very well the v8 engine on this is nothing I'd ever seen so far, it's a beast, it runs like crazy, just watch out for over heating issues and the fan belt tends to cut once it overheats, my best advice is once you get it take it to a good mechanic to mod the fan that way overheating reduce.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2022
3KINGZ18:

Nice car, drives very well the v8 engine on this is nothing I'd ever seen so far, it's a beast, it runs like crazy, just watch out for over heating issues and the fan belt tends to cut once it overheats, my best advice is once you get it take it to a good mechanic to mod the fan that way overheating reduce.

Warning: entering danger zone.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 3KINGZ18: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Warning: entering danger zone.

Lol, you're not touching the main fan, they just add little side fans to aid the cooling, it's a suggestion by most mechanics so you can actually do without it
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by EgunMogaji2: 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2022
3KINGZ18:

Lol, you're not touching the main fan, they just add little side fans to aid the cooling, it's a suggestion by most mechanics so you can actually do without it

Oga mi, no vex o but it’s my standard suggestion o grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.