Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (965663 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by princemedico: 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
Good it is back, we have really lost a lot in cartalk.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
Welcome back my mercedes people...
I hope the Mods have learnt their lesson and will pay attention to backing up data.
All the same its wonderful having the thread up and running again.
MB for LIFE cool
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by fizzle344: 1:08am On Jul 01, 2014
Hello Car Gurus, Happy New Month. Pls I need your urgent and reliable advice. Am about making out an order for a 2011 C300. Pls advice me on the likely problems associated with the car. God bless you all.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:07am On Jul 01, 2014
fizzle344: Hello Car Gurus, Happy New Month. Pls I need your urgent and reliable advice. Am about making out an order for a 2011 C300. Pls advice me on the likely problems associated with the car. God bless you all.
I am also working towards pre-ordering a W204 benz as well and i have done some research about the ride. very beautiful i must say but it has some common problems. The 2011 C300 you are interested in is a 4matic meaning all wheel drive and there are a lot of issues with it. Common problems:

Transmission since it works with the 4matic so once there's an issue with the 4matic it affects the transmission as well,(EIS) and/or the Electronic steering lock(ESL),etc but the major issues are the two i mentioned and am still doing more research on it before making my decision. If i must continue with the pre-order it definitely must be the 2010-2012 C350 Sports and not the C300 to avoid the 4matic and also it must be a key less start to also avoid the EIS or ESL issues.

I do not think it's possible to get a C300 without the 4matic atleast none that i am aware of. Finally some are lucky that throughout the period of usage of the same ride won't experience any issues but i am pointing out the 2 issues above based on users complaints.

Cheers
Eyop
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 02, 2014
My w201 restoration project.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by aikerism(m): 11:16am On Jul 02, 2014
smartchoice: My w201 restoration project.

Uncle Smartchoice...how is it coming?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2014
aikerism:

Uncle Smartchoice...how is it coming?

Bros I hail o...my car is now moving o
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
smartchoice:

Bros I hail o...my car is now moving o

With the hybrid engine or you found someone who could handle it? Is it a W210 or W201
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by segalex: 7:32am On Jul 03, 2014
Morning to all the gurus in the house, pls my benz c220 is displaing "ASD" on the dash board and I'm not really sure of the meaning. Pls your advice will be appreciated vis-a-vis the danger associated with such a display. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2014
cne010:

With the hybrid engine or you found someone who could handle it? Is it a W210 or W201

A w210.....pictures coming

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
any idea of cost of brake pads pls?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by lordmayor4(m): 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
Please i want to know the cost of the grill on Mercedes its urgent

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
smartchoice:

A w210.....pictures coming
grin Nice... How is the engine compared to the previous one?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
roars like a lion and cool but I need a transmission replacement.

0rex:
grin Nice... How is the engine compared to the previous one?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
smartchoice: roars like a lion and cool but I need a transmission replacement.

cool cool... what happened to your transmission?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
water invasion due to a faulty radiator!

0rex:
cool cool... what happened to your transmission?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
smartchoice: water invasion due to a faulty radiator!

Oh...sorry about that. It should be repairable na or do you prefer to just buy a 'new' one?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
it has been flushed and refilled but it engages slowly and does not change from gear 1

0rex:
Oh...sorry about that. It should be repairable na or do you prefer to just buy a 'new' one?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
smartchoice: it has been flushed and refilled but it engages slowly and does not change from gear 1

Sorry... a simple flush and refill can't solve that problem. It's either a complete overhaul or replacement. undecided
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
I will prefer a compleat replacement...no no to overhauling

0rex:
Sorry... a simple flush and refill can't solve that problem. It's either a complete overhaul or replacement. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
smartchoice: I will prefer a compleat replacement...no no to overhauling

It's better bro. To save yourself from unnecessary headache.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
0rex:
It's better bro. To save yourself from unnecessary headache.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheGrandMaster: 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hello everyone, can someone please help me with a reputable MB spare parts dealer? Its really urgent. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
TheGrandMaster: Hello everyone, can someone please help me with a reputable MB spare parts dealer? Its really urgent. Thanks

Contact Odubee he can hook you up
0802 949 8260

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nannymcphee(f): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
Pls I want to buy a C class 2001 model, what are the common problems associated with this model?

how available are its parts & how costly are they?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
nannymcphee: Pls I want to buy a C class 2001 model, what are the common problems associated with this model?

how available are its parts & how costly are they?
I'm looking at something like that too, a 2004 c320 for my wife, but I'm concerned about its infamous rusty body
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
yungboss:
I'm looking at something like that too, a 2004 c320 for my wife, but I'm concerned about its infamous rusty body
How do you mean @ the bolded? Are you driving it in a rusty environment?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by yungboss(m): 8:58am On Jul 12, 2014
Eyop:
How do you mean @ the bolded? Are you driving it in a rusty environment?

no, haven't driven it as an owner. Made a few inspection and noticed rust bubbles (these Mercedes' have that issue) in some parts of their bodies. I'm sort of looking out for a good '03/04 c320...I'm not saying it's a major issue, its just me considering it.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:08am On Jul 12, 2014
yungboss:
no, haven't driven it as an owner. Made a few inspection and noticed rust bubbles (these Mercedes' have that issue) in some parts of their bodies. I'm sort of looking out for a good '03 c320...I'm not saying it's a major issue, its just me considering it.
That shouldn't bother you. Just inspect anyone you intend buying very well for any rust issues before payment. The one with rust issues will be cheaper than a clean one without any rust in and out.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Fritz007(m): 9:54am On Jul 15, 2014
Greetings to you all, I have been following you guys and I must say this is a great thread. please I do like to ask a question am a Benz lover, but on a low income. I drove my in laws Benz and really wish to own mine. my problem is what range or model of Benz can a low earner afford and comfortable maintain and fuel.....thank in advance for all ur kind responses
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Eyop: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2014
Fritz007: Greetings to you all, I have been following you guys and I must say this is a great thread. please I do like to ask a question am a Benz lover, but on a low income. I drove my in laws Benz and really wish to own mine. my problem is what range or model of Benz can a low earner afford and comfortable maintain and fuel.....thank in advance for all ur kind responses
What's your budget?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.