Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968908 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 2:46am On Dec 11, 2023
vivalavida:

Hope it is not a starter issue. I experienced same on my acura last two weeks. I had to change the kickstarter and all is well now.

Ehen..ah..want to ask a question,was your car vibrating at anytime before this happened. I noticed an usual vibration of the car when idle
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by vivalavida(m): 5:20am On Dec 11, 2023
cbrass:

Ehen..ah..want to ask a question,was your car vibrating at anytime before this happened. I noticed an usual vibration of the car when idle
Not vibrating. I stopped to get something. Car refused to start. Engine was finding it difficult to roll. Tried with my friends car battery, same thing. After like 45 minutes it started. Same thing happened the next day on my way home. After that, it refused to start till I changed the kickstarter.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 6:14am On Dec 11, 2023
cbrass:

I drive an e320 too 05 precisely, the first time it happened to me I shocked as per never experienced it. so I parked the car and off engine to get something, then soon I enter to start , turned the key nothing I had to call Rewire and checked everything all good so we decided to change battery and it started easily, and whenever such happens again I just remove the two battery clips and fix again then it come on again.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jceesquare(m): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2023
shagamite:

I drive an e320 too 05 precisely, the first time it happened to me I shocked as per never experienced it. so I parked the car and off engine to get something, then soon I enter to start , turned the key nothing I had to call Rewire and checked everything all good so we decided to change battery and it started easily, and whenever such happens again I just remove the two battery clips and fix again then it come on again.
You've not fixed the issue na. You're just managing it.
cbrass:
Hello,what could be wrong. My E320 w211 won't start, I drove somewhere today and everything was fine on my for me to enter my car to leave and the car starts rolling as if there is no petrol inside. I poured like 8liters inside but the car won't start, initially it was doing like it was going to start but the *slow* was so weak and it later went of since then it just rolls and nothing happens,so I just parked the car there so as not to kill the battery. Please what could be wrong..can it be spark plug issue?
Remote diagnosis would be difficult. It could be anything. Get a competent technician to scan the car and diagnose the cause.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 12:35pm On Dec 11, 2023
jceesquare:

You've not fixed the issue na. You're just managing it.

Remote diagnosis would be difficult. It could be anything. Get a competent technician to scan the car and diagnose the cause.

It was a fuse that got burnt,so no fuel was going to the engine,it has been fixed

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 12:36pm On Dec 11, 2023
shagamite:

That E320 is a funny car, some times I just laugh when anything out of the ordinary happen then the car will fix it self again
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2023
I think also Benz is not just ordinary car that you just jump in and start driving,you need to take your time to go through the manuals so you can be prepared for anything and you will know what the issue is even without waiting for a technician. Also try to learn on "the job" as your engineer is fixing pay attention so that you won't need to call him next time Incase it happens
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jceesquare(m): 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2023
cbrass:
I think also Benz is not just ordinary car that you just jump in and start driving,you need to take your time to go through the manuals so you can be prepared for anything and you will know what the issue is even without waiting for a technician. Also try to learn on "the job" as your engineer is fixing pay attention so that you won't need to call him next time Incase it happens
Until you burn something 😏
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 6:40pm On Dec 11, 2023
cbrass:

That E320 is a funny car, some times I just laugh when anything out of the ordinary happen then the car will fix it self again
what can you say about the braking system especially reduced braking pedal on the dash
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2023
shagamite:

what can you say about the braking system especially reduced braking pedal on the dash
Well this may sound strange but I will advice you to charge the secondary battery, or change it Incase it is bad. Also if your main car battery is no properly charged it may trigger that thing too

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2023
Sows anybody experience this? When the abs warning light come on the steering becomes hard but when the light goes off the steering becomes so light.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:06am On Dec 12, 2023
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 5:38am On Dec 12, 2023
cbrass:

Well this may sound strange but I will advice you to charge the secondary battery, or change it Incase it is bad. Also if your main car battery is no properly charged it may trigger that thing too
yea I noticed the braking is electric in some ways. what I do anytime I want to start the car is pump the brake and I won't experience it. w211 is a very solid car. Aside changing oil, I never did anything on engine or gear
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
shagamite:

yea I noticed the braking is electric in some ways. what I do anytime I want to start the car is pump the brake and I won't experience it. w211 is a very solid car. Aside changing oil, I never did anything on engine or gear
Sincerely that car is a machine.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 1:57am On Dec 13, 2023
cbrass:
Sows anybody experience this? When the abs warning light come on the steering becomes hard but when the light goes off the steering becomes so light.
What model of mercedes are you talking about?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 1:58am On Dec 13, 2023
Bolubaba:
Hello house. I'm Planning to convert my w202 to a manual transmission. I wouldn't know if I being over ambitious, Can I replace the 4g-tronic with a 6 speed manual transmission or I should just install the common 5 speed manual transmission?

What are the pros and cons of the change
(engine is m111.920)
Sell and buy the manual transmission
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 1:59am On Dec 13, 2023
Gwhizzy:
Please Gurus in the house. My ML 350 2014 engine got bad and the mechanic is telling me I have to replace the engine. Please can I know how much it will cost to buy a tokunbo Benz engine?
0803 335 7031
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bolubaba(m): 2:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
searchng4love:

Sell and buy the manual transmission

Please I need a reason Why should I sell it and not just convert to a manual transmission?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 2:52pm On Dec 13, 2023
Bolubaba:

Please I need a reason Why should I sell it and not just convert to a manual transmission?
Not worth the stress.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Bolubaba(m): 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2023
searchng4love:

Not worth the stress.

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2023
searchng4love:

What model of mercedes are you talking about?

Benz w211
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sexy74(m): 5:07am On Dec 16, 2023
Good day all
Please who can help me have an idea how much does a Mercedes Benz M112 BIG PISTON TYPE
1) COMPLETE ENGINE COST
2) COMPLETE ENGINE AND GEAR BOX
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by OfficialDJ: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
Ivan18888888888:

SHAMELESS SCAMMER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will forever remain a nairaland FRAUDSTER !!!! Forever and ever till eternity !!! Till death do you part !!!!,

And it's really mind-baffling how someone like you, a chronic sick scammer, manages to find a platform to spread your toxic opinions and insult people without any checks put in a place. Nairaland seriously needs to step up their game and start conducting thorough background checks on their users. It's high time they tighten up their screening and security process to ensure a safer and more positive environment for everyone!

and for the insult : may herpes / syphilis / staphylococcus aureus / gonorrhoea / HIV aids Ebola befall and kill you, plus your mama ,your papa, your children , your extended relation ,your entire generation (born and unborn included )!! be liquidated by untreatable infection
Ah, I see your retarded mother has opened her rabies infested dungeon of a vagina to let you out? grin

Missed the banter.
Ready to be annihilated this festive season? And fed to the dogs?

Yes please...
You're obviously evidence of God's sense of humor when creating people.

grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 8:56am On Dec 22, 2023
Any benz with sbc braking system should be avoided. I'm selling off my w211 e320 cos of that shifty sbc brake
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Asquare84(m): 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2023
Please who have idea of the price of steering rack of Mercedes E320, w211. I have been getting different quotation from mechanic which have left me confused.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 12:57am On Dec 25, 2023
shagamite:
Any benz with sbc braking system should be avoided. I'm selling off my w211 e320 cos of that shifty sbc brake
It can be fixed nw. I want to fix mine too
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 4:27am On Dec 25, 2023
cbrass:

How are you proposing to fix yours?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 7:39am On Dec 25, 2023
cbrass:

Yea I know. I asked some said about 150-200k would get me a Tokunbo. Have you ever changed sbc once cos I haven't and I just want to sell it off
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Asquare84(m): 7:53am On Dec 25, 2023
shagamite:

Yea I know. I asked some said about 150-200k would get me a Tokunbo. Have you ever changed sbc once cos I haven't and I just want to sell it off

It better you repair the car, SBC cost 160 k in Abuja. It not only a Mercedes problem, even Toyota Corolla have abs failure too.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:31am On Dec 25, 2023
Asquare84:

It better you repair the car, SBC cost 160 k in Abuja. It not only a Mercedes problem, even Toyota Corolla have abs failure too.
SBC has a higher failure rates because it's got a lifespan which depletes by each press of the brake (200k -500k presses). Toyota corolla ABS do not have lifespan and doesn't fail if there's no underlying electrical problem.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2023
shagamite:

But wait a minute the SBC doesn't even spoil like that except your car is older than 25 years which I doubt . Is your brake still catching? If yes, have you considered doing SBC threshold reset? .

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.