Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (974358 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2023
searchng4love:

How are you proposing to fix yours?
SBC threshold reset. There is a device for doing that thing,can reset it to let's say 75% so those brake errors it used to show when you are driving will be gone
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2023
cbrass:

SBC threshold reset. There is a device for doing that thing,can reset it to let's say 75% so those brake errors it used to show when you are driving will be gone

Have you bought it yet?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 4:46pm On Dec 25, 2023
OfficialDJ:
Ah, I see your retarded mother has opened her rabies infested dungeon of a vagina to let you out? grin

Missed the banter.
Ready to be annihilated this festive season? And fed to the dogs?

Yes please...
You're obviously evidence of God's sense of humor when creating people.

grin

Oponu !!!!!
50k local nairaland scammer !!!

Does it still change the fact that you enjoy Eating freshly homemade maggot, straight from your mom pussy .

can't believe your whole family thought it was a good idea to share your mom soured pussy maggots as Xmas souvenirs . Yucks 🤮🤮🤮🤢

And As regards coming on here , want you to know I have way better things happening in my life , Even when I've got some free time, I won't waste it on chit-chat or arguing with some broke insure nairaland midget.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2023
@ Seun do something about these kinds of unruly behaviours.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2023
nakoks:

You see this removing of catalyst ? I am taking it very personal. My place is close to a mechanic village and they come around my hood to do that rubbish. I have told guys around to watch out for them. The next one i catch its kiri kiri straight...even if the owner intervenes he must reach kiri kiri.See except you get the follow come catalyst for the 4 which can cost you about 800k that ride will never be the same.Thank Goodness mine is still intatct.
We can also run straight pipe. Deleting the cats....
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 7:41pm On Dec 25, 2023
onlinediva:

Your brain is block*d, which is the reason you couldn't decode where I said the issue has been resolved.

Besides, go back to the original posts as regards that, and you will see that you need to look for a weight lifter to hit a sledge hammer on your head to see if your brain could reset, but I doubt if it will ever reset because it is rotten.
You mean... you sat down to type all these?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2023
searchng4love:

Have you bought it yet?

No I haven't,been looking for it on Jumia or any other store but I haven't found it except on Alibaba. So I guess that's what I will do next. The only time the break error show in my own case is when I drive for long, but once I park ,and switch off the engine,the system will ask me to start the car again and the brake error will disappear till maybe another hours of driving. So what I have resorted to is not to go for long journey until I buy the device
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 9:02pm On Dec 25, 2023
searchng4love:

We can also run straight pipe. Deleting the cats....
This is true. And the engine performance will increase drastically but there will be some noise sha
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 7:08am On Dec 26, 2023
cbrass:

No I haven't,been looking for it on Jumia or any other store but I haven't found it except on Alibaba. So I guess that's what I will do next. The only time the break error show in my own case is when I drive for long, but once I park ,and switch off the engine,the system will ask me to start the car again and the brake error will disappear till maybe another hours of driving. So what I have resorted to is not to go for long journey until I buy the device
It's on jumia

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2023
cbrass:

But wait a minute the SBC doesn't even spoil like that except your car is older than 25 years which I doubt . Is your brake still catching? If yes, have you considered doing SBC threshold reset? .
it's a 2005 e320 and yes the brake still catches but not as normal. anytime I did anything relating to brakes that's the problem I face. I know it'll still disappear when I turn off and on engine
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 7:59am On Dec 26, 2023
cbrass:

This is what I get too when I drive it for long and sometimes it's when I park I get the brake error. That sbc na pure rubbish. I've tried to convert it but the gear won't come out of park
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 8:04am On Dec 26, 2023
Already made up my mind to sell it (E320 05) abeokuta ..everything works fine aside the general sbc issue but I'll be driving it till I see who got interested.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 10:35am On Dec 26, 2023
shagamite:

This is what I get too when I drive it for long and sometimes it's when I park I get the brake error. That sbc na pure rubbish. I've tried to convert it but the gear won't come out of park
Ah, conversion keh 😦😦 you want to spoil the car niyen. There is nothing actually wrong with the SBC, it's Mercedes Benz that set the SBC to start doing that trigger when you have reached a certain threshold in the life of the car. So for every time you press the brakes it counts and send the signal to the SBC so all you need is just to add more to increase the threshold from the one set by benz
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 10:41am On Dec 26, 2023
searchng4love:

It's on jumia
Good ,but it will still be shipped from China,and you will wait for like three weeks or so. It worth it sha
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 12:19pm On Dec 26, 2023
cbrass:

Ah, conversion keh 😦😦 you want to spoil the car niyen. There is nothing actually wrong with the SBC, it's Mercedes Benz that set the SBC to start doing that trigger when you have reached a certain threshold in the life of the car. So for every time you press the brakes it counts and send the signal to the SBC so all you need is just to add more to increase the threshold from the one set by benz
How do one increase the threshold and when you do , how many brake presses one get. many times I just scan and clear the errors and luckily sometimes it works for the main time
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2023
shagamite:

How do one increase the threshold and when you do , how many brake presses one get. many times I just scan and clear the errors and luckily sometimes it works for the main time
Well I don't know when you bought the car but I have a feeling you didn't buy it new,so all the time the car was used by the previous owner the number of times they pressed the break would have added to the counts(I am not very sure here sha) i think you can continue with your strategy sha,as for me i am not a heavy user,its jut during this christmas time that i noticed it due to the long distance and many places i went,normally i rarely go out or far like that so i don't the error. I will seel the car next year sha.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2023
cbrass:

Well I don't know when you bought the car but I have a feeling you didn't buy it new,so all the time the car was used by the previous owner the number of times they pressed the break would have added to the counts(I am not very sure here sha) i think you can continue with your strategy sha,as for me i am not a heavy user,its jut during this christmas time that i noticed it due to the long distance and many places i went,normally i rarely go out or far like that so i don't the error. I will seel the car next year sha.
I take the car to work and back everyday so it's always in use

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2023
cbrass:

But wait a minute the SBC doesn't even spoil like that except your car is older than 25 years which I doubt . Is your brake still catching? If yes, have you considered doing SBC threshold reset? .

SBC like every other part of a car can fail given the right abuse or faulty operation or circumstance for it to fail.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2023
shagamite:
Already made up my mind to sell it (E320 05) abeokuta ..everything works fine aside the general sbc issue but I'll be driving it till I see who got interested.
Pictures
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2023
shagamite:

I take the car to work and back everyday so it's always in use
Oh..no wonder

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2023
kingreign:

SBC like every other part of a car can fail given the right abuse or faulty operation or circumstance for it to fail.
True
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 4:56am On Dec 27, 2023
searchng4love:

Pictures
okay
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mattbass(m): 2:45am On Dec 29, 2023
Good evening all.... Please I have a question for a friend that wants to buy a Nigerian used Mercedes C230.
V6
But the compressor is bad meaning ac not working and according to the guy to fix it will amount to 50k.
The power stirring has issue meaning is very stiff and to fix according to him will cost 35k.
And the cost price is at 1.5m.
Please is it a good buy and to fix all those things will amount to what price. Thanks.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 3:11am On Dec 29, 2023
mattbass:
Good evening all.... Please I have a question for a friend that wants to buy a Nigerian used Mercedes C230.
V6
But the compressor is bad meaning ac not working and according to the guy to fix it will amount to 50k.
The power stirring has issue meaning is very stiff and to fix according to him will cost 35k.
And the cost price is at 1.5m.
Please is it a good buy and to fix all those things will amount to what price. Thanks.
Find a 4 cylinder m111 engine to buy. C200 or C180 or C230 kompressor leave that particular engine alone. Replacement is above a million naira.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mattbass(m): 3:15am On Dec 29, 2023
searchng4love:

Find a 4 cylinder m111 engine to buy. C200 or C180 or C230 kompressor leave that particular engine alone. Replacement is above a million naira.
Here is the picture of the engine... Is it the m111 engine

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 3:25am On Dec 29, 2023
mattbass:

This is mercedes w203 c230 V6 I am referring to

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mattbass(m): 3:29am On Dec 29, 2023
searchng4love:

This is mercedes w203 c230 V6 I am referring to
No vex ohhh... I am more conversant with civics that's why. But I this his case, coz I can't still grab everything. With what I showed you on the pix and the engine displayed. Should he abort or continue from the pix I just shared.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 3:31am On Dec 29, 2023
mattbass:

Yours is the M112 engine pretty reliable.

https://www.car.info/en-se/mercedes-benz/c-class/c-230-kompressor-6633215/specs
This is the M111 4 cylinder engine C230 compressor
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 3:32am On Dec 29, 2023
mattbass:

No vex ohhh... I am more conversant with civics that's why. But I this his case, coz I can't still grab everything. With what I showed you on the pix and the engine displayed. Should he abort or continue from the pix I just shared.
His own his different. Has he ever used a mercedes before? If not I will advise the M111 engine.

Does he have a reliable technician to fix it? If not he should walk away.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mattbass(m): 3:36am On Dec 29, 2023
searchng4love:

His own his different. Has he ever used a mercedes before? If not I will advise the M111 engine.

Does he have a reliable technician to fix it? If not he should walk away.
No sir he hasn't at all.... From your previous statement you said his is still pretty reliable meaning it can serve him any pros and cons of that his type?? And could be their main differences with the m111 engine.... Sorry for the questions but I will appreciate in a more plain manner. Thanks so much.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 3:40am On Dec 29, 2023
mattbass:

No sir he hasn't at all.... From your previous statement you said his is still pretty reliable meaning it can serve him any pros and cons of that his type?? And could be their main differences with the m111 engine.... Sorry for the questions but I will appreciate in a more plain manner. Thanks so much.
Your engine is number four in the attached picture. In order of reliability and cost effectiveness I'll pick number one and three. And if money is not a problem number four (your engine)

The difference is simple. Cost of maintenance and fuel efficiency. They're quite far apart.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by mattbass(m): 3:42am On Dec 29, 2023
I understand now..... Consumes more fuel and more expensive to maintain. Thank you so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.