Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (968165 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 10:29am On Jan 31
Kingdemu:
Type no further, sir. It's clear that you're more stewpid than the mechanic.

Quote me again fidelis !

Make I tie nuclear bomb for that your small penis
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kingdemu: 2:54pm On Jan 31
Ivan18888888888:

Quote me again fidelis !

Make I tie nuclear bomb for that your small penis
I'm just glad you ditched continuing that story, thereby saving yourself the embarrassment of publicly portraying yourself as a big fóôl wey illetrate kazeem they use him brain do ping-pong. cheesy Mumu man cheesy wink
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 4:22pm On Jan 31
Kingdemu:
I'm just glad you ditched continuing that story, thereby saving yourself the embarrassment of publicly portraying yourself as a big fóôl wey illetrate kazeem they use do ping-pong. cheesy Mumu man cheesy wink

Is that the reason why you have a small prick. ? 😆

Oponu ! 😺

You really are no match for me. It's better for you to go battle with your mates before I embarrass / annihilate/ humiliate you ,and send you straight to the realms of no return .
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 11:02pm On Jan 31
shagamite:

UPDATE!!!
On the W211 E320 SBC stuff.
This evening the brake guy called me to come check the car and took me on a test drive on the highway, sped and apply brake the response was great, brakes well that I heard the screeching sound as he smashed it and release quickly nd I smiled lol. He told me he's finishing the job tomorrow(some wheels still needs work on and of course the red light on the dash still appears with the beep sound, hopefully when he finishes it'll stop or else using it that way)so I can pick. He assured me I need not worry about sbc no more , u get like e don be normal standard brake with every car that's converted . Anyways when I get the car and drive like a week or two then I'll give una feedback again.
So interested in this.
Asides braking without the wheels locking (cos of lack of abs), I would also like to know if the red screen would be off too.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 7:04am On Feb 01
leTrizzle:

So interested in this.
Asides braking without the wheels locking (cos of lack of abs), I would also like to know if the red screen would be off too.
The red screen stays on but brakes are fine nd I can shift gear from p to d and back without it hanging. I'm enjoying it now but red lights dey dere
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 7:47am On Feb 01
shagamite:

The red screen stays on but brakes are fine nd I can shift gear from p to d and back without it hanging. I'm enjoying it now but red lights dey dere
Kai, the beeping nko?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 8:00am On Feb 01
leTrizzle:
Kai, the beeping nko?
same. as you begin drove all day , you go dey used to am
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 8:44am On Feb 01
Someone is happy that his brakes have been bypassed and unfortunately, he may not know the risk this poses.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 8:55am On Feb 01
shagamite:

same. as you begin drove all day , you go dey used to am
Isorit, thanks for your time.
When you are up for it kindly let me know what exactly the mech did.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kingdemu: 12:00pm On Feb 01
kingreign:
Someone is happy that his brakes have been bypassed and unfortunately, he may not know the risk this poses.
And that's one area one should never ever attempt to compromise.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 6:42am On Feb 13
shagamite:

Bro how are you coping with the beep noise shocked .Also when I used to have issue with ABS warning light coming on, (before it was fixed miraculously) the steering used to enter safe mode and this makes driving so hard and stressful,so am I confused now how this is working for you
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 12:32pm On Feb 13
Ivan18888888888:
Posted this a while ago on car section ————————————————————————-

I really had the craziest experience with this mechanic named Tayo the other day. So here what happened ; I call this dude up to help fix my back shock absorber because he had already worked on my front shocks a few weeks ago.,
meanwhile, prior to when I fixed my front shock he already told me the back shocks would cost 60 thousand naira , so on calling him that faithful day , we talk for a little while and I agreed on sending him the 60k right away, so he can go on to do my job really fast .
so after like 30 mins later after sending him the money, this dude called me saying the shocks were no longer 60k rather it was 95k, he was like “ oga dollar done go up” well the dollar has made the price skyrocket. he said even the front shocks we bought for 100k is now over 160k
I was like, "What the hell?" But eventually, I agreed to send him 35k. So after I send him all the money ,I also told him I'd be at his workshop in 30 minutes to an hour time, so he could start working on taking out my shocks.

So fast forward to after I got to Tayo's workshop. I arrived around exactly 9:30 am in the morning and had to wait for about an hour before they started working on removing the shocks. while they were loosening the shocks, Tayo tells me that he never order the shock in the first place! He wanted to check my bushing to see if it was alright before ordering everything together. I was like, "Okay, fine." So, after about 2 hours, they finally took out the shock and bushing. guess what ? just like I Expected, Tayo tells me that my bushing is bad and it'll cost me an extra 25k to replace it. I agreed to send him the money to order both the shock and the bushing .

So, about an hour later, I asked Tayo if he had managed to order the parts. He said yes !! but they were looking for a bike to transport them. Apparently, the bike they had in mind was busy delivering some other goods at Mile 2 . After a while, I went back to Tayo for an update, but he was just beating around the bush. Finally, he said they found a bike, but it was charging a certain amount. He offered to cover that cost, as he usually helps his customers out. You know what funny? Even if he had asked me to pay, I would've been fine with it. I have no problem with that. So, after another two hours again, I met up with him again, and guess what he said this time ? The bike never call me Oga! I was like, "Dude, you just told me you found a bike. How come it never called you?" I was so confused and felt really bad. At that point, I decided to let him do whatever he chooses to do.

Now here is where things got really bad and took a turn for the worse. After waiting for another extra 2-3 hours again, I noticed the mechanic holding two of my shocks. He was removing some parts and instructed one of his boys to put a battery into his car, giving the impression that he was about to take the shocks elsewhere. This whole time, I was sitting in his workshop, feeling aggravated and at the same time concerned about where he could possibly be going with my loosened shocks. As I sat in his workshop , for more and more minutes , various thoughts raced through my big head. I found myself wondering where he could possibly be going with the loosened shocks. I hoped that he wouldn't take them somewhere-else to spray them. While at the same time, a part of me urged me to wait and see what would happen, and another part of me believed that it would be better to approach him proactively. After all, prevention is always better than having to deal with a problem later. Determined, I made up my mind, telling myself, "Alright, I'm going to meet with him and confront this idiot to clear things up."

I approached him and asked, "Hey, Na where you dey go? Where are you taking my shock to ?" He admitted that he intended to take both shocks along “not just one oooooo, but two of them” in order to use them as prototypes and find a nearby place where he could purchase them. . This confused me even further, because he had previously stated that good spare parts for Mercedes couldn't be found in this area. I questioned him, saying, "But wait, nor be you talk say person dey come from the trade fair? So Why then are you changing plans even without informing me? It's important to be transparent , Remember ?

I kept expressing my frustration, saying, "So you changed your plans without informing me ? , even though I'm right here with you?" He responded with this aggressive words, going on about how it wasn't my concern and that he would do the job whether I was present or not, regardless of whether he communicated with me. I couldn't even believe what I was hearing. I reminded him, "This is my car we're talking about right ?, and to matter worst I'm sitting right next to you, not like I am absent or something." His reply shocked me even further as he stated, "It's none of your business Oga." At that moment, it occurred to me that he might be under the influence of drugs or Maybe dis guy hide enta one beer-pallor go drink ogorogo.

To be continued……….. tired of typing abeg
Continuation…………………………

So We kept engaged in a back-and-forth argument, and this dude went on a rampage, continuously insulting me. But the insult that stood out was when he belittled my parents, and told me that even if they subtracted the years he spent as a mechanic from my age, I would still be a baby sucking my mother's breast. That really got to me, and that's when everything escalated. My anger skyrocketed “ my anger went from like 100 to 10million right away”, and I confronted him, demanding that he repeat what he had just said. So this dude, with his loud and obnoxious voice, tried to backtrack and said, " Oga see I go do your job, and you go enjoy am." I told him that's not what he said initially and asked him to repeat his previous statement. Seeing my boiling anger, the useless man started to withdraw, but I was so furious at that point that I wanted to physically fight him. I was ready to beat him up. The only reason I held back was because they didn't take my shocks out to spray and bring them back, claiming they were new. If they had done that, I would have shown them what real madness looks like.

Meanwhile, while all this was happening, other mechanics and people nearby gathered around, including those who came to get their cars fixed. There were like 20-30 people witnessing the altercation, pleading with me to calm down. I was adamant that he should continue running his mouth, refusing to back down. Seeing that things were escalating, Tayo began making phone calls, pretending to speak to the seller and blaming them for logistical issues. I told him there was no need to make that malicious call and simply asked him to fix the shocks he had taken out and put them back in my car. He responded with his jbl voice, saying, "Of course, I go fix am Oga. I never chop your money. Look, Look ! it's still dey my account” But you'll have to pay for my workmanship. I reluctantly agreed, saying okay. So I stood there, waiting for the shocks to be re-coupled.

At that moment, a mature man who had come to get his car fixed, a 2017 or 2018 Lexus LX570, approached me. He was three times my age and said, "Please, you don't have to do this. Almost all mechanics in Lagos are bad, and even if you go somewhere else, you'll likely have the same experience." I pondered his words for a min …………….

Will continue Later tonight
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kingdemu: 3:21pm On Feb 13
Ivan18888888888:

Continuation…………………………

So We kept engaged in a back-and-forth argument, and this dude went on a rampage, continuously insulting me. But the insult that stood out was when he belittled my parents, and told me that even if they subtracted the years he spent as a mechanic from my age, I would still be a baby sucking my mother's breast. That really got to me, and that's when everything escalated. My anger skyrocketed “ my anger went from like 100 to 10million right away”, and I confronted him, demanding that he repeat what he had just said. So this dude, with his loud and obnoxious voice, tried to backtrack and said, " Oga see I go do your job, and you go enjoy am." I told him that's not what he said initially and asked him to repeat his previous statement. Seeing my boiling anger, the useless man started to withdraw, but I was so furious at that point that I wanted to physically fight him. I was ready to beat him up. The only reason I held back was because they didn't take my shocks out to spray and bring them back, claiming they were new. If they had done that, I would have shown them what real madness looks like.

Meanwhile, while all this was happening, other mechanics and people nearby gathered around, including those who came to get their cars fixed. There were like 20-30 people witnessing the altercation, pleading with me to calm down. I was adamant that he should continue running his mouth, refusing to back down. Seeing that things were escalating, Tayo began making phone calls, pretending to speak to the seller and blaming them for logistical issues. I told him there was no need to make that malicious call and simply asked him to fix the shocks he had taken out and put them back in my car. He responded with his jbl voice, saying, "Of course, I go fix am Oga. I never chop your money. Look, Look ! it's still dey my account” But you'll have to pay for my workmanship. I reluctantly agreed, saying okay. So I stood there, waiting for the shocks to be re-coupled.

At that moment, a mature man who had come to get his car fixed, a 2017 or 2018 Lexus LX570, approached me. He was three times my age and said, "Please, you don't have to do this. Almost all mechanics in Lagos are bad, and even if you go somewhere else, you'll likely have the same experience." I pondered his words for a min …………….

Now, you want us to judge who is more stewpid between you and the mechanic or what's the moral of this story that keeps exposing your fóôlishness and street unworthy-ness? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 7:18pm On Feb 13
cbrass:

Bro how are you coping with the beep noise shocked .Also when I used to have issue with ABS warning light coming on, (before it was fixed miraculously) the steering used to enter safe mode and this makes driving so hard and stressful,so am I confused now how this is working for you
the beep is there idc abt it as I play my music while driving. I don't have any issue with steering at all. Do you mean limp mode as stated in the manual, that's the gear not changing. Happens when you floor the accelerator quickly and it goes into limp mode or safe mode. Just off and on engine it'll reset as gotten from the car manual

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 11:14pm On Feb 14
I have an issue with my W211 E320, the rear right tyre has been binding for ages now and it wear my pads really fast. Once I get new pads, it reduces until that one wears out and the issue becomes pronounced again.
I have changed callipers even swapped the brake disks (left to right) to see if the issue would change position and that would mean getting new disks but no, it's still on the same wheel.
Does anyone have an idea of what the issue could be, even my mech doesn't seem to know what to do at this point.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jceesquare(m): 6:32am On Feb 15
leTrizzle:
I have an issue with my W211 E320, the rear right tyre has been binding for ages now and it wear my pads really fast. Once I get new pads, it reduces until that one wears out and the issue becomes pronounced again.
I have changed callipers even swapped the brake disks (left to right) to see if the issue would change position and that would mean getting new disks but no, it's still on the same wheel.
Does anyone have an idea of what the issue could be, even my mech doesn't seem to know what to do at this point.
Trace the brake lines and flexible hose. If pinched or bent abnormally tight, replace.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 6:40am On Feb 15
leTrizzle:
I've had same exact problem too , changed pads tire until i finally blocked it after went as far as removing the whole caliper sef for like a month until when my SBC became worse nd had flat brake . Now I got it all fixed and working but the red light and beep still stays but no issues with all for wheels binding
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 8:14am On Feb 16
shagamite:

I've had same exact problem too , changed pads tire until i finally blocked it after went as far as removing the whole caliper sef for like a month until when my SBC became worse nd had flat brake . Now I got it all fixed and working but the red light and beep still stays but no issues with all for wheels binding

What is the wheel binding thing. What does it mean
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 12:53pm On Feb 16
Kingdemu:
Now, you want us to judge who is more stewpid between you and the mechanic or what's the moral of this story that keeps exposing your fóôlishness and street unworthy-ness? cheesy

I get it , You're clearly obsessed with me,

but who's more STUPlD here - you that spend a significant amount of your time reading my story or my harmless self or story?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Asquare84(m): 3:30pm On Feb 16
This machured men that come here to display their childish attitude can't there be a way that the mod can place a ban on them, how can a machured men be insulting themselves as if there is a trophy to be won from insult.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 6:06pm On Feb 16
Asquare84:
This machured men that come here to display their childish attitude can't there be a way that the mod can place a ban on them, how can a machured men be insulting themselves as if there is a trophy to be won from insult.

Who's insulting who? Can't you see the bullies on here ? Why not call them out ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 6:11pm On Feb 16
Asquare84:

Can't you see? I innocently posted, and someone came after me. And I had to clap back!

And now you wanna act blind, ignoring the insults and attacks towards me
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 6:18pm On Feb 16
Asquare84:

The truth is Most of y'all choose to be blind sided, ignoring the real bullies and trouble makers on here.

If you really wanna be fair, why not call them out and stop being indifferent?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 8:55pm On Feb 16
Ivan18888888888:

Continuation…………………………

Last part ………

After the man spoke to me, I took some time to reflect on everything. However, what kept replaying in my mind was the insult. This guy really insulted me ehn , and it made me even more angry.I couldn't just let it slide, Nevertheless, out of respect for the elderly man, I just told him, that I would forgive him, but he still had to fix my shocks and refund my money. Surprisingly, he complied. Despite resolving the issue, I still feel upset about it.
I believe one reason this mechanic treated me this way is because I am generally a calm person. And People, especially Nigerians, tend to take advantage of me.

Pls As I share this story, I hope others will be more cautious when dealing with mechanics in Nigeria because once they perceive you as an easy target, they will exploit you.
As they normally say mugu fall , guy man chop

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 9:05pm On Feb 16
cbrass:

What is the wheel binding thing. What does it mean
when a wheel isn't spinning freely cos the brake on such wheel malfunction and holds the wheel as you drive which results to hot disc and wear out the pads quickly on such wheel.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 1:00am On Feb 17
jceesquare:

Trace the brake lines and flexible hose. If pinched or bent abnormally tight, replace.
Thanks bro, will do so.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 4:58am On Feb 18
shagamite:

when a wheel isn't spinning freely cos the brake on such wheel malfunction and holds the wheel as you drive which results to hot disc and wear out the pads quickly on such wheel.
Okay thanks. This will most likely affect the tire too
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 12:15pm On Feb 18
cbrass:

Okay thanks. This will most likely affect the tire too
I don't think it does, asides the pads and discs wearing out faster than they should, the only thing is higher fuel consumption as more work is done by the engine in trying to overcome the resistance from the brakes.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 7:41pm On Feb 18
I had a strange encounter this evening, drove out and all was good, some 5 mins into the drive the caution triangle sign comes up, got a safe place to park and check the car. After the physical checks, didn't see anything and attempted to continue my movement but couldn't get the gear out of park, I had to use the emergency release switch only to move and notice the car had gone into limp mode.
I continued moving on just gear two for another 10 or more mins when all of a sudden I heard a few beeps and the caution sign, check engine light that was there initially as a result of abs and the abs all vanished and the car picked speed. All lights went off.
Just wondering what exactly happened there.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 10:10pm On Feb 19
leTrizzle:
I had a strange encounter this evening, drove out and all was good, some 5 mins into the drive the caution triangle sign comes up, got a safe place to park and check the car. After the physical checks, didn't see anything and attempted to continue my movement but couldn't get the gear out of park, I had to use the emergency release switch only to move and notice the car had gone into limp mode.
I continued moving on just gear two for another 10 or more mins when all of a sudden I heard a few beeps and the caution sign, check engine light that was there initially as a result of abs and the abs all vanished and the car picked speed. All lights went off.
Just wondering what exactly happened there.

you see that car call benz ehn grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 12:12am On Feb 20
If i am not able to raise enough money for my new business i may sell my E320 2004 model.
I don't go out often like that.
Please is this a wise move?

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.