Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (972048 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 12:16am On Feb 20
cbrass:
If i am not able to raise enough money for my new business i may sell my E320 2004 model.
I don't go out often like that.
Please is this a wise move?
Do you have another car? If you don't, you might want to hold on to it for now oh. Prices ain't smiling and probably wouldn't for a long time.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 6:21am On Feb 20
cbrass:
If i am not able to raise enough money for my new business i may sell my E320 2004 model.
I don't go out often like that.
Please is this a wise move?
Not a nice move at all if that's ur only car. check car prices these days na big money. I would be regretting I sold my car when the sbc was giving me tough time until I get it worked out. Now I appreciate it more than anything, no sell anything oo bro. if u sell ur car now u fit no use car again oo lol

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by ashimiyy(m): 7:36am On Feb 20
Having changed my w204 4matic front absorber 3 times in 2 years, all new, I think I want to try the direct tokunbo ones. What difference will it make anyways!. It's interesting to note that the bushings have stood strong in the same timeframe!.

There's this absorber maker that have caught my interest, Bilstein

Where can I get this please. I'll appreciate the nairalanders help.

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 8:44am On Feb 20
shagamite:

Not a nice move at all if that's ur only car. check car prices these days na big money. I would be regretting I sold my car when the sbc was giving me tough time until I get it worked out. Now I appreciate it more than anything, no sell anything oo bro. if u sell ur car now u fit no use car again oo lol

He may not be able to afford a car again. That's the Tinubu plan
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 6:08pm On Feb 20
shagamite:

Alright bro grin grin
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 6:09pm On Feb 20
leTrizzle:

Do you have another car? If you don't, you might want to hold on to it for now oh. Prices ain't smiling and probably wouldn't for a long time.
No I don't. That's my only car
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 8:16pm On Feb 20
cbrass:

No I don't. That's my only car
Please keep it.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 12:37am On Feb 21
leTrizzle:

Please keep it.

Okay bro 👍
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 12:20pm On Feb 24
Please there is something I noticed about my car,when the car is off the rear mirror becomes clear and I can see the back well but when the car is working the rear mirror becomes dim and dark and I will be struggling to see the car behind. Please is there a way to correct this?

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 4:27pm On Feb 24
cbrass:
Please there is something I noticed about my car,when the car is off the rear mirror becomes clear and I can see the back well but when the car is working the rear mirror becomes dim and dark and I will be struggling to see the car behind. Please is there a way to correct this?

this issue is likely caused by the auto-dimming feature on your rearview mirror. The auto-dimming feature is designed to reduce glare from headlights behind you at night, but it can sometimes malfunction and dim the mirror too much during the day.

To correct this issue, you need to run a diagnose and determine if the auto-dimming feature needs to be repaired or replaced.

you can try adjusting the settings on your own though , but that can be a little bit complicated

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Asquare84(m): 7:34pm On Feb 24
Good evening, I just noticed my if I start my car the cooling fan begin to work immediately on like before that it will start working when the engine is warm, please what the potential cause and any solution from anyone that have experience this, note: their is no direct connection to the fan.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by 2shure: 8:46pm On Feb 24
Leave it like that.its already a naija used car and not toks anylonger.why una dey stress unaself ontop naija cars.abegi
Asquare84:
Good evening, I just noticed my if I start my car the cooling fan begin to work immediately on like before that it will start working when the engine is warm, please what the potential cause and any solution from anyone that have experience this, note: their is no direct connection to the fan.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 9:04pm On Feb 24
Asquare84:
Happened to me one time, my AC guy just cleaned the socket and plugged back, that solved the problem.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Asquare84(m): 9:20pm On Feb 24
leTrizzle:

Happened to me one time, my AC guy just cleaned the socket and plugged back, that solved the problem.

I appreciate, please which socket
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by searchng4love: 12:29pm On Feb 25
Asquare84:

Fan socket

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 3:19pm On Feb 25
Please what can cause some AC vent to be blowing very cold air while others will just be normal air?
I noticed that the driver side vent is just ordinary then after a long drive or very cold weather it will then be cold but the other vents are constantly chilling
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jceesquare(m): 8:46pm On Feb 25
cbrass:
Please what can cause some AC vent to be blowing very cold air while others will just be normal air?
I noticed that the driver side vent is just ordinary then after a long drive or very cold weather it will then be cold but the other vents are constantly chilling
Probably fault with the switching valves that controls individual climate settings.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 6:38am On Feb 26
jceesquare:

Probably fault with the switching valves that controls individual climate settings.
Okay,hope it's not that the AC has is reducing
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Abbeyismo(m): 7:00am On Feb 26
cbrass:
Your car is low on cooling gas

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 7:07am On Feb 26
Abbeyismo:

Your car is low on cooling gas
Okay thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 10:58am On Feb 26
Asquare84:

The one for the fan, it's a single socket.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by jceesquare(m): 4:12pm On Feb 26
cbrass:

Maybe and maybe not. Remote diagnosis would be impossible.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 5:43am On Mar 01
cbrass:

Low Refrigerant level... Top up your gas

Nothing is wrong with you ac system

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 5:50am On Mar 01
Asquare84:

Check your thermostat sensor
Check your thermostat as well
Also check the sensor switch at the condenser below the car, if that switch is bad or broken it can lead to you thermostat being bypassed and fan work directly.

Avoid bad roads that makes your vehicle hits the ground.

Ensure you take your car to only a mechanic that understands Mercedes Benz so when. The uncouple they couple back correctly. These routines can lead to some car faults and problems.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Asquare84(m): 8:07am On Mar 01
Felicity001:

Check your thermostat sensor
Check your thermostat as well
Also check the sensor switch at the condenser below the car, if that switch is bad or broken it can lead to you thermostat being bypassed and fan work directly.

Avoid bad roads that makes your vehicle hits the ground.

Ensure you take your car to only a mechanic that understands Mercedes Benz so when. The uncouple they couple back correctly. These routines can lead to some car faults and problems.

Thank you.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 9:37pm On Mar 06
OfficialDJ:
Ah, I see your retarded mother has opened her rabies infested dungeon of a vagina to let you out? grin

Missed the banter.
Ready to be annihilated this festive season? And fed to the dogs?

Yes please...
You're obviously evidence of God's sense of humor when creating people.

grin

Where the hell is that dog shit, the man that took the award for having the most tinniest weenie in Africa?! 🤮
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 9:44pm On Mar 06
is it necessary to change my gear oil , I feel like but I no want gear wahala lol, worse is that the 7speed 722.9 don't have dipstick to gauge the oil. And what gear oil can be used to service benz gear, dexron 2 or 3
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by udy4real(m): 3:07am On Mar 10
Good day pros in the house,Please what could be the problem of a Mercedes Benz Ml 350 2008 model that the battery gets drained after parking for 3 hours and over,I have to jump start it again to start
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by nakoks(m): 1:22pm On Mar 11
shagamite:
is it necessary to change my gear oil , I feel like but I no want gear wahala lol, worse is that the 7speed 722.9 don't have dipstick to gauge the oil. And what gear oil can be used to service benz gear, dexron 2 or 3
Dextron 2 or 3 abi?lol.Oga please get a star oil.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 3:29pm On Mar 11
udy4real:
Good day pros in the house,Please what could be the problem of a Mercedes Benz Ml 350 2008 model that the battery gets drained after parking for 3 hours and over,I have to jump start it again to start

There are several potential reasons,
Could be the battery is bad ,
Have you tried replacing the battery ?

Others reason ;
The alternator may not be charging the battery properly while the vehicle is running, leading to a drained battery after parking.

Also might be some Electrical system issues: There could be a problem with the vehicle's electrical system, such as a short circuit or faulty wiring, or maybe just electrical issues in general
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 4:23pm On Mar 11
udy4real:

I am also suffering something similar but mine is not as worse like that. My own still last for a day or two but if I don't remove the battery by the third day it will be flat. There is something draining your battery in the car. It could be the seat or some other feature draining the battery. My own solution is to always remove one leg of the battery when you park till you are finally ready to investigate the issue, I won't advice you calling a rewirer because many of them don't know how to check parasitic drain,just go to YouTube and watch some videos on how to do it yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (547) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.