Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,082 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Mercedes Benz Thread - Car Talk (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz Thread (966532 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes Benz Releases Details On 9G Tronic Nine Speed Auto / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Asquare84(m): 9:13am On Mar 29
shagamite:

23 litres is about 14k at 580 price. so by ur gauge it's normal, I bought 25k at 580 price and it went over half almost reached the point b4 1. w211 e320 same model as urs. what's ur mileage? I'm at 117k and change engine oil every 5k miles

What I normally do is that by end of month I will go to NNPC mega station in Abuja, 45 k @ 617, I will fill my tank to the brim, that will take me for almost 3 weeks plus. One of the secret I discovered is that once I do full thank the fuel doesn't born very fast unlike when I by in piece meal.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 11:08am On Mar 29
Asquare84:

What I normally do is that by end of month I will go to NNPC mega station in Abuja, 45 k @ 617, I will fill my tank to the brim, that will take me for almost 3 weeks plus. One of the secret I discovered is that once I do full thank the fuel doesn't born very fast unlike when I by in piece meal.
Nnpc here in ogun sell @580, why's Abuja different?. well I used roughly 28k fuel per week , it's my daily driver with AC always on. what's ur mileage at and are you also driving a w211
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheOldGods: 11:08am On Mar 29
londonerr:

Male or female? But you can use straw or a tiny hose. Step one. Strip the fibreglass.... Get a foil to wrap the two ends then insert both ends inside the straw or hose to ensure they're always aligned.
female boss
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheOldGods: 12:23pm On Mar 29
londonerr:

Male or female? But you can use straw or a tiny hose. Step one. Strip the fibreglass.... Get a foil to wrap the two ends then insert both ends inside the straw or hose to ensure they're always aligned.
so the whole idea is to loop that red light back to the 2nd opening?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Asquare84(m): 1:58pm On Mar 29
shagamite:

Nnpc here in ogun sell @580, why's Abuja different?. well I used roughly 28k fuel per week , it's my daily driver with AC always on. what's ur mileage at and are you also driving a w211

NNPC is the cheapest here in Abuja, some station even sell 680-700 in Abuja. I drive 211 I only drive from office to back home every day, I leave in outskirts of Abuja and if I want to buy on weekly bases 12 - 15 thousand weekly is ok for me. I think the fuel consumption is even far better than other brand of cars.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 5:33pm On Mar 29
shagamite:

23 litres is about 14k at 580 price. so by ur gauge it's normal, I bought 25k at 580 price and it went over half almost reached the point b4 1. w211 e320 same model as urs. what's ur mileage? I'm at 117k and change engine oil every 5k miles
Okay thanks .my millage is around 175k
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by cbrass(m): 5:37pm On Mar 29
Asquare84:

NNPC is the cheapest here in Abuja, some station even sell 680-700 in Abuja. I drive 211 I only drive from office to back home every day, I leave in outskirts of Abuja and if I want to buy on weekly bases 12 - 15 thousand weekly is ok for me. I think the fuel consumption is even far better than other brand of cars.
You are right on that fuel consumption,I get confused when people always pitty me because of fuel consumption. And I am someone that always use AC. I hardly drive without it and I still don't feel like the car is consuming fuel
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by omoISEYIN(m): 6:22pm On Mar 30
Hello everyone.
I am a new Benz user.
C280 2007 4Matic
1 The key can't lock, unlock and open booth. I use manual key to unlock the driver's side.
How can I set/program the key to function well.
2 The car radio is Japanese, can I program it to English or I will have to buy another one?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 8:20pm On Mar 30
omoISEYIN:
Hello everyone.
I am a new Benz user.
C280 2007 4Matic
1 The key can't lock, unlock and open booth. I use manual key to unlock the driver's side.
2 The car radio is Japanese, can I program it to English or I will have to buy another one?
Check the batteries in the keyfob.
There should be a way to change language on the command. Try you tube.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AADukku: 2:12pm On Mar 31
Hey guys. I want to find out about the availability of competent and trustworthy Benz mechanics in Abuja, pls. This is one factor I was told to consider before joining the club. Lol
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by shagamite: 6:12pm On Mar 31
Battery protection; convenience functions temporarily unavailable. I get this message on my cluster after changing alternator.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by AADukku: 6:24pm On Mar 31
AADukku:
Hey guys. I want to find out about the availability of competent and trustworthy Benz mechanics in Abuja, pls. This is one factor I was told to consider before joining the club. Lol

Abuja peeps
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by kingreign(m): 7:58pm On Mar 31
AADukku:

Abuja peeps
DM 07034581213
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TT20: 3:13am On Apr 02
Hi guys,

Which of the c class is most reliable among the w203 variants.

c230, c240, c280 or c320 ? , fueling isn't a problem.

Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 5:23am On Apr 02
TT20:
Hi guys,

Thanks
C320. Very sweet in the middle.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 5:24am On Apr 02
shagamite:
Battery protection; convenience functions temporarily unavailable. I get this message on my cluster after changing alternator.
Is your auxiliary battery ok?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kewtt: 5:26am On Apr 02
omoISEYIN:
Hello everyone.
I am a new Benz user.
C280 2007 4Matic

Is your booth lock connection intact? Language can be changed. As advised look for a YouTube video on that.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by wilsontonye: 8:44am On Apr 02
Felicity001:

Visit a competent electrician

Do you know any competent Benz mechanic that you can refer me to at Ibeju-lekki, Lagos. Thanks
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Felicity001(m): 10:36am On Apr 02
wilsontonye:

Do you know any competent Benz mechanic that you can refer me to at Ibeju-lekki, Lagos. Thanks

Most of the once I know are celebrity mechanic... A mechanic that will pull in in a G63 with his boys and tools to fix a C300 2015... My brother go to Trinity or ladipo and get a mechanic to come fi your car...

Contact me if you need help... 08035132876.

If you need a car to buy pls also feel free to contact me abeg... Patronize my business ooo...

Felicity Autos

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by wilsontonye: 3:40pm On Apr 02
Felicity001:

Most of the once I know are celebrity mechanic... A mechanic that will pull in in a G63 with his boys and tools to fix a C300 2015... My brother go to Trinity or ladipo and get a mechanic to come fi your car...

Contact me if you need help... 08035132876.

If you need a car to buy pls also feel free to
contact me abeg... Patronize my business ooo...

Felicity Autos

Thanks brother
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 5:20pm On Apr 02
TT20:
Hi guys,

Thanks

Probably do a research
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Ivan18888888888: 5:22pm On Apr 02
wilsontonye:

I have someone for you .

The guy seems to be really good .

What part of ibeju lekki are you located in ?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by omoISEYIN(m): 10:22pm On Apr 02
Kewtt:

Is your booth lock connection intact? Language can be changed. As advised look for a YouTube video on that.

I open the booth via a botton on the driver's door side.
Where can I get the remote to work, any recommendation.?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by TheOldGods: 7:13pm On Apr 05
londonerr:

I finally tried this, it didn't work. I guess there is a reason they actually made that loop bypass cable. Cause even though the lights from my optics were consistent, and not blinking meaning it's looping perfectly but no audio. I did at the amplifier and also the control interface module under the glove box. If anyone is having any audio issues on their mercedes, I am about to order the loop bypass cable. We can import together it will be cheaper.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by londonerr: 7:19pm On Apr 05
TheOldGods:
I finally tried this, it didn't work. I guess there is a reason they actually made that loop bypass cable. Cause even though the lights from my optics were consistent, and not blinking meaning it's looping perfectly but no audio. I did at the amplifier and also the control interface module under the glove box. If anyone is having any audio issues on their mercedes, I am about to order the loop bypass cable. We can import together it will be cheaper.

Pictures of what exactly you are on about.
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by leTrizzle: 11:15pm On Apr 05
TT20:
Hi guys,

Thanks
The C230 and C280 carry the same M272 engine, while the C240 and C320 are powered by the M112 engine mated to a 5 speed tranny the latter are matted to a 7 speed transmission.
While the M272 is not as rugged as the M112 (it's actually the immediate replacement for it) it is more fuel efficient and faster too.
The last I checked the M272 engine would buy 2 M112 engines plus one tranny.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by Kingdemu: 10:39am On Apr 07
Ivan18888888888:

Probably do a research
You have serious issues, young man. You mean someone coming to a Mercedes Benz forum to make enquiry is not part of research? Must you comment even if you have nothing reasonable to say?
Re: Mercedes Benz Thread by sample0s: 1:04pm On Apr 07
Ivan18888888888:

I have someone for you .

The guy seems to be really good .

What part of ibeju lekki are you located in ?

HI. Please i need the recommendation for a good mech. Need to do a fuel filter and sender unit swap
for a GL450; around Lekki. (not the celebrity mechanics please)
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (Reply)

Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.