Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Suicide And Sniper - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suicide And Sniper (14377 Views)

Man In Agony As Envious Neighbor Poisons Fish Pond With Sniper, Kills Livelihood / Adewara Damilola Blessings Commits Suicide In Ogun By Drinking Sniper. Photos / Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide And Sniper by NinjaMetahuman: 10:09am On May 22, 2019
should we ban rope too?
Re: Suicide And Sniper by tommykiwi(m): 10:10am On May 22, 2019
K
Re: Suicide And Sniper by kaen1317: 10:10am On May 22, 2019
It's only during this suffering APC government that Nigerians started drinking sniper.
Re: Suicide And Sniper by lomprico(m): 10:10am On May 22, 2019
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWB8EV6OzV0

Should Sniper Be Banned In Nigeria?

Buhari should be banned instead.
Re: Suicide And Sniper by Sonnobax15(m): 10:11am On May 22, 2019
Wahala biqqer than yahoo yahoo is loadinq up!...just imaqine d level of insanity dah has befallen niqerians...sometimes,i think GOD should just call diz country a quit!...like am fed up!....
Re: Suicide And Sniper by officialJP(m): 10:11am On May 22, 2019
Person wey wan die go find anyway to die, why not banned third mainland bridge forget jor, we are too many, anybody wey wan go mak him go, to live no be by force, undecided
Re: Suicide And Sniper by yazga: 10:11am On May 22, 2019
Guys there's a website called Amina AI that helps you check your mental health (depression, anxiety, PTSD etc) and help you find the best ways to improve.

Please share to save a soul!

For those asking, here's the link to the platform. Your shares could help someone!

(link: https://test.amina.ai) test.amina.ai

You can also chat with their Messenger bot to help you get better.

(link: https://m.me/aminadotai) m.me/aminadotai

You all can also follow their Twitter page
@helloamina_ai
to keep up with their updates.
Re: Suicide And Sniper by InvertedHammer: 10:12am On May 22, 2019
JKisOK:
The way suicides have made it first choice, Sniper insecticide may just be attracting unhealthy attention from the authorities. Many Nigerians committing suicide have taken to gulping down the substance, with a highly fatal result.

Relatively new in the market, Sniper appears to have been formulated along the line of Otapiapia, which was also a local anti-pest solution. Otapiapia also in the 1980s and 1990s became a favourite suicide tool, especially in the South-East. Sniper seems to have taken over.

Should the government clamp down on Sniper, it may be shutting down a good business, resulting in job losses, investment trapping, with wide implications for those servicing and benefiting down the product's supply chain.

But this raises several questions.

Is there an iron-clad case to call for banning the production and sales of Sniper?

Does Sniper account for the majority of deaths and is Sniper the only way out for people bent on committing harakiri?

Should the manufacturers of Sniper be blamed for the abuse of their highly effective insecticide?

What will happen should Sniper be banned and depressed and desperate people embrace some other solutions?

/
Sniper is a case of one million ways to die choose one. When there is a will, there is a way.

//

1 Like

Re: Suicide And Sniper by rusher14: 10:12am On May 22, 2019
Let us ban suicide instead.

Oh wait...
grin
Re: Suicide And Sniper by Jogotai1: 10:13am On May 22, 2019
Because Sniper is abused does not mean that it should be banned. Tramadol taken as drug is a strong pain reliever, so should tramadol be banned?
Re: Suicide And Sniper by rusher14: 10:14am On May 22, 2019
kaen1317:
It's only during this suffering APC government that Nigerians started drinking sniper.

What was the vogue during PDP's government?

Re: Suicide And Sniper by wildikeman(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2019
GIVE PEOPLE JOBS AND COMBAT INFLATION JARE... LAzY GOVERNMENT.
Re: Suicide And Sniper by evoblaze(m): 10:15am On May 22, 2019
Majority if suicide we have heard if Recent,has something to do with SNIPER, now living me to the question: Was sniper made mainly for human to hasten their deaths of for insectide, rodent and the rest.

My 2cents
Re: Suicide And Sniper by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2019
Why sniper, when there are trillion reasons to be alive?
Once you beat Suicide thoughts,you’ll achieve greatness.
Re: Suicide And Sniper by AK481(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2019
Dangerous substances that can lead to suicide should not be easily assessible,sniper is very assesible.

I think the govt should ask sniper company to reduce the concentration of sniper because even people using it to kill mosquitoes dilute it with kerosine.

If it’s going to be very assisble then it should be diluted.
Re: Suicide And Sniper by Starkid3010(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2019
They should cancel jamb grin

1 Like

Re: Suicide And Sniper by guru90: 10:19am On May 22, 2019
So, they wanna shutdown person business..........

Did they force them to take sniper and die.....

1 Like

Re: Suicide And Sniper by Naijaarchive(m): 10:20am On May 22, 2019
Just improve standard of living and sniper nd suicide will be forgotten
Re: Suicide And Sniper by wildikeman(m): 10:24am On May 22, 2019
so if you ban sniper ,the suicide question is solved.. Bollinger said something like this oooo.. The rot in the Nigerian mind is so much... What a land or people?

They will only cause more unemployment.
Re: Suicide And Sniper by kalvoken(m): 10:26am On May 22, 2019
JKisOK:
The way suicides have made it first choice, Sniper insecticide may just be attracting unhealthy attention from the authorities. Many Nigerians committing suicide have taken to gulping down the substance, with a highly fatal result.

Relatively new in the market, Sniper appears to have been formulated along the line of Otapiapia, which was also a local anti-pest solution. Otapiapia also in the 1980s and 1990s became a favourite suicide tool, especially in the South-East. Sniper seems to have taken over.

Should the government clamp down on Sniper, it may be shutting down a good business, resulting in job losses, investment trapping, with wide implications for those servicing and benefiting down the product's supply chain.

Is there an iron-clad case to call for banning the production and sales of Sniper?

Does Sniper account for the majority of deaths and is Sniper the only way out for people bent on committing harakiri?

Should the manufacturers of Sniper be blamed for the abuse of their highly effective insecticide?

What will happen should Sniper be banned and depressed and desperate people embrace some other solutions?

So awolowo is also from the east.

Issorite

Re: Suicide And Sniper by okoroemeka(m): 10:30am On May 22, 2019
As a farmer I know there are many farm pesticides that are fatal if ingested by humans deliberately and in big quantities,action 40,magicforce, best action,crush,doom,and the most toxic is a soil treatment called wormforce,these pesticides are meant to be used as soil fumigates and killing harmful pests/insects and not meant for human consumption, there's always a disclaimer on the packs of these products that clearly stated if you drink it you will die,and it's very difficult to stop a coward that is hell bent on taking his or her own life.
Re: Suicide And Sniper by kernel01: 10:32am On May 22, 2019
JKisOK:

Which South East, Yoruba man? Which state has more suicide tendency than Lagos?

Anyway let me help you with data from
released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)

https://www.legit.ng/971791-recession-7-nigerian-states-unbelievably-high-suicide-cases.html

Re: Suicide And Sniper by Neddstark: 10:35am On May 22, 2019
If any of your loved ones were victims of suicide and try sniper perhaps, you all will reconsider your stance.
Suicide is like a spirit. It pushes you to think of killing yourself. With sniper nearby, there is a chance it might win. The stress of taking a ride to the bridge and taking a jump may actually get one to change his mind on the course.
It's just like a hornyy husband who will consider having sex with his nearby maid than lodging in a hotel with a prostitute.
Ban sniper. By the way, it is for professional agricultural use. Not home use. Using it for home pests is abuse.
Re: Suicide And Sniper by Mac2016(m): 10:44am On May 22, 2019
Even electricity is a good way to end it all... So shd we ban electricity?
Churches and mosques and other institutions especially religious ones have a whole lot to do. Preach against suicide not just request for pecuniary contributions every now and then and add to present economic burdens of victims. Government too should improve the economy small. If life is truly sweet nobody go wan go. Schools shd not be harsh. Bf/Gf relationship turning bitter shd be small small and not drastic. At least leave a listening ear or an ear to communicate with even when you're quitted. E saanu aje
Re: Suicide And Sniper by Cmanforall: 10:49am On May 22, 2019
My take will be...
Re: Suicide And Sniper by hustla(m): 11:15am On May 22, 2019
So as them dey jump enter lagoon for 3MB,make them drain lagoon too?
They need to fix Nigeria or else, it will continue
Re: Suicide And Sniper by Mryacks: 11:19am On May 22, 2019
yourFEARS:
You can't blame the high rate of suicide on the production of sniper. The manufacturers made the product for domestic rodents and insects.

Ban Sniper, and people will find something else to commit suicide with.

Depression and Hopelessness are the major causes of Suicide. And believe me, the moral decay in our contemporary society adds to those factors. The economy is bad, people are losing jobs, families are separating, people no longer respect relationships and the social media is Making life seem it's about the cars, houses and jobs. When events, situations and circumstances leave you empty and void, and things you've fed your thoughts on, can fill the emptiness and void, or you may see nothing worth holding onto in Life.

When all the happiness you have in life is derived from money, wealth, academic attainment, family, etc, you never can escape depression, when you lose those things.

Give your existence more essence and you'll never contemplate suicide. The Holy scripture puts it that, "If in this life alone we have hope, we are of all men most miserable".

I wish we could go back to the days when Religious organizations paid attention to issues of the soul. Today, it is quite pathetic that you can get depressed right inside the Church.

#noToSuicide
No matter what, look at the brighter side of Life.

When there's life, there's hope. I've seen people get healthy from cancer and life threatening issues. I've seen family reunite after decades of separation. I've seen wealthy people come out of excruciating poverty.

You case is not the worst.
Work on your mind and soul. Don't just be RELIGIOUS

This is an absolute gem....petmit me to copy this. God bless ya!

1 Like

Re: Suicide And Sniper by Jman06(m): 11:19am On May 22, 2019
kelvinnaira:
See enn.. My problem is not even with people drinking sniper or reading suicide news again.. Nowadays, I laugh after reading suicide news and simply say to myself "another idiot gone again"

These people committing suicide do so, to know how much they will be missed by their friends and loved ones..how many people will cry, how they will cry, who will cry more etc.. It is more like, they want to witness their own death while still alive.. Really crazy.. Because before now, suicide was - kill yourself and go your way..

But now, suicide is - take pictures with sniper, post it on social media, pose, post short video crying, write series of posts and then die, just to get social media attention. undecided

That thing is not depression...it is either there is a mumu spirit telling these persons to do it and see how they will be missed/how much they are loved OR they are just being plain stupid.

Social media has really made people stupid and vissionless.. Not sniper..

What do I even know sef undecided just saying my own
You know nothing about life and what people are going through!
Re: Suicide And Sniper by Kelvinmick: 11:23am On May 22, 2019
Hey guys sorry for posting here but it great offer as a company is doing bonaza and i want to also advertise it please try your luck me too I've won that's why I'm can proudly post https://bitlylink.com/MR1Pp
Re: Suicide And Sniper by seunlayi(m): 11:25am On May 22, 2019
If not for the fact that I m a Christian by now, I should have followed this step since. My God whom I serve W will not be happy with me but I know he will surely deliver me from the grips of debt that is tormenting me. I shall live to be great in Jesus name. I m made up and determined to continue.. The worst those I owe can do is to sent me to prison..... All I know is that when God answers me I will ask pay their money. SAY NO TO SUCIDE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover / The Return Of One Chance Criminals In Umuahia: My Experience / Nigerian Man Arrested As Police Bust International Drug Peddling Racket In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.