Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,341 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

My Facebook Account Blocked Not Long After A Scammer Called Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Facebook Account Blocked Not Long After A Scammer Called Me (607 Views)

How Long After You Meet A New Partner Do You Initiate Sex? / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy / They Called Me 'lord Of The Rings', Lady Set To Wed Boyfriend After 8years(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Facebook Account Blocked Not Long After A Scammer Called Me by Ademidd: 7:35pm On May 22, 2019
Good day nairalanders, I received a call from an unknown number around 4pm today, the caller said Facebook is giving out #20,000 that he needed 'some' of my account details. I told him immediately that I can't give out my account details. Then he asked for the name of my bank, I told him its sterling bank which is a lie. I don't have an account with sterling bank. Then he said 'I will send recharge cards instead' I didn't even pay attention to him, I hanged up...

On getting home now, trying to log into my Facebook account to check new post in a sewing group I joined recently, I got a reply that my account has been blocked.

What is getting me worried now is that six weeks ago, I tried calling my bank customer care line for almost 2days, the numbers were not going through. Since I am not on twitter, I decided to reach out to their customer care on Facebook. I sent a message to them and they replied and I deleted our conversations immediately. I didn't give any of my account details and even my account name even though it is my Facebook username.

Now, what do you think could have happened, I tried calling the customer care line not its not going through. What do you think the scammer is trying to get to and should I disconnect my number from that account( if there's anything like that)

Cc Dominique mynd44 lalasticlala kindly help me, I'm scared.
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked Not Long After A Scammer Called Me by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 22, 2019
go to ur bank and enquire if anything happened to ur bank account.as long as u did not give the scammers any if ur bank details i believe ur account is save.
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked Not Long After A Scammer Called Me by Ademidd: 7:55pm On May 22, 2019
@lefulefu, they would have closed by now. I'm even afraid to check my accounts balance.
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked Not Long After A Scammer Called Me by maynation(f): 8:02pm On May 22, 2019
Ademidd:
@lefulefu, they would have closed by now. I'm even afraid to check my accounts balance.

What do you mean you are afraid to check your balance?
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked Not Long After A Scammer Called Me by Ademidd: 8:38pm On May 22, 2019
maynation:

What do you mean you are afraid to check your balance?
so as not to receive the shocker of my life
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked Not Long After A Scammer Called Me by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 22, 2019
Ademidd:
if anything was happening to ur account then alerts would have been sent to d phone number u used wen u were openin an account. u have no reason to be worried abt ur bank balance.
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked Not Long After A Scammer Called Me by babyfaceafrica: 9:20pm On May 22, 2019
Ademidd:
why?
Re: My Facebook Account Blocked Not Long After A Scammer Called Me by bluefilm: 8:22am On May 23, 2019
Go to your bank and block all outgoing transactions now.

These yahoo men are highly sophisticated.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Shocks As Her Fiancée Married Another Lady And Dumped Her / 8 Interesting Facts About Condoms / I Have A Surprise If Nigeria Wins This Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.