Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:04 AM

My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. (31734 Views)

My Husband Flirt With Girls Alot Help Me !! / Help: My Younger Brother Disrespects Me Alot / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Rule4God(m): 5:39pm On May 24, 2019
Firstly, those things make man to be.
Meanwhile, I can simply say you're not capable enough yet to accommodate & take your sister's responsibility. Reason being that she may have been dating someone of your age or most likely older than you.
You might be caring & concern but your view is different from your parent, thereby giving her the room for arrogant.
If you don't mind, I'll advise you to pretend from now on till they see things themselves & invite your token. You've done your part, you don't have to hate them but pretend & continue thriving to succeed in your career because you have your life to live & she have hers.
Stay blessed & try hard to avoid your parent curse(s), it's dangerous & most times irreversible.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Pat081: 5:40pm On May 24, 2019
Preshy561:

Someone - be it sibling can't give me wahala under my roof.
Send her to your parents.
abi now
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by leonard509(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:
Haven't done this before, but I want to know your honest, experienced and well thought out opinions. I'm really depressed but I won't take Snipper (that devil is a liar). If you don't have anything serious and reasonable to say, please, just read comments (I know as e dey be for here, sometimes).

Its quite a long read. Apologies for any grammatical or typographical error encountered.

Here is my story.

My younger sister who is staying with me disrespects me alot, and she doesn't take my advice. My parents stay very far away and I feel responsible for her. It frustrates me whenever I tell her something and she will wait to do it at her own time or not do it at all. She even sometimes abuses me indirectly.

She is 19, came to stay with me last year November, for a Predegree program, after staying at home for two years without admission. After the first semester of her program, her result was released and it was very disappointing. She made 51% in only one course of four courses, while others are below that. To be honest, I felt I failed in my responsibilities of giving her the right counsel, motivating her, and all that. All she does is press her phone all night long, that's if she isn't watching a movie with her phone. She'll sleep and wake up the next morning by 8 or 9am.

Recently, there's this guy who happens to be my late landlord's first son in the compound where we stay that she has been spending too much time with in dark corners and I can tell in my gut that he's up to no good. He doesn't go to work, school, church, nowhere. He just seats at home all day, smoking weed and any other smokable substance he can lay his hands on. Sometimes, his friends come around and they smoke and play PES 2011 on a laptop. Lest I forget, he's also a cultist. He has tried on several occasions to make me a yahoo boy, but I had to consciously refuse.

My apologies for the long read.

About a week ago, this guy asked her to cook indomie for him, and she did, using our gas, without telling me. This got me really up set. I had to take several deep breaths. I calmed down and allowed her finish. After she was done, I asked her to seat down and we started talking. While we were talking, she started responding rudely to me.

This made me hit her for the first time in 19 years (I hate hitting them). To my utmost surprise, she hit me back. That singular act made her receive a very hard beating that she sustained lots of injuries. She immediately called home and my parents where now shouting at me on phone. My dad came the next day and said lots of things. My mom said lots of things on phone which just piss me off the more, called me all sought of names. Said I shouldn't allow the devil that is controlling take me close to my sister.

Right now, I hate all of them. My dad, mum, and sister. If I was financially buoyant enough, I would have moved out of this house. I feel really depressed, being having nightmares and I so much hate the fact that am still living here.

By the way, am male, 24, studying Biochemistry, should have finished my first degree last year but I'm having an extra year (3 spill over courses).

How do I move from here? Advice me.
tell her it's her life, and whatever counsel you give her is for her own good, and you won't suffer the consequences of her wrong doings with her.. that if she means well for her self, she should go on living the way she living..
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Obason22(m): 5:42pm On May 24, 2019
My advice to u is this, send her back home and if u fail to do so, one those boys will attack u too. Since she have equal right to cook indomie on ur own gas for men, it means she have no regard for u.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Pat081: 5:46pm On May 24, 2019
Op just make sure that you always keep your boxers away from her in case they ask for it and don't say anything about her again after 9 months pregnant ur people will understand wot u re telling them since

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Orpe7(m): 5:48pm On May 24, 2019
Make money
Before everyone else start disrespecting u
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by tile07(m): 5:54pm On May 24, 2019
U no get money u dey talk of disrespect?
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by ThothHermes: 5:54pm On May 24, 2019
Are you are learner
Mariangeles:
Wisdom man .
Wisdom is better than strength. Nevertheless the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are not heard Ecclesiastics 9:16

Argue with the Bible grin grin cheesy
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Jamesayo: 5:54pm On May 24, 2019
You have tried a lot. Please face your life, make it meaningful, and ignore her. Turn your failures to successes without noise. If you are asked about her, be straightforward and extremely calm about things. Enough of your stress over her. Let Life teach her some lessons as you are learning yours.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by ThothHermes: 5:55pm On May 24, 2019
tile07:
U no get money u dey talk of disrespect?
Mariangeles see again grin grin grin
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by osobase01(m): 6:09pm On May 24, 2019
Stillthebest:
Op, first don't commit suicide lol... I know you won't....see, if you think yours is big you need to see other family affairs. A worst case happened to me recently( a lil similar to yours)

Bible says respect your parents but don't be fooled by that statement to accept what you will regret later. The way your parents treat you now might be how they will treat you forever if you don't maintain a stand..so while maintaining your stand try and respect them.
Has it occurred to you that parents always mind their language to a tough child and they tend to love the child more even when they are not aware of it?

This is what you should do, let the child leave or you leave her and let it be known to your parents while you won't live with her

If the girl needs your help in distance do it if you have it.

And, also reduce your rapport with her and your parents but make sure you still respect your parents...and help them accordingly when you have it.

Some parents are always like yours especially if they are not educated.

You still are going to face a lot of challenges that will test your stand in the family later in the future. For now begin to man up. Your parents acted on your weakness which has been known incontiously by them over the years.

As for your sister, distance and authority are all you need. She doesn't respect you yet. Hey don't think of you have money she will it is a fallacy. Respects are earned. Your tough stand but with modesty and civility coupled wit personality will earn you that.

Bestest answer....thumbs up bro...op you can see to this and finally I can see something to bank on..ain’t a first born but first male so much on my head and it’s not easy...but I know deep down maintaining your stand and less rapport is one of the best especially to parents.....
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Nelchuksmandela(m): 6:10pm On May 24, 2019
Bro I'm a first son too like u sometimes I do encounter such.......since u parents are unhappy with u after hitting her all u need to do now is;
firstly, work hard and pray to pass ur degree exam.
Secondly, from now henceforth if she does what u feel is wrong call her and correct her. If she repeat d same mistake u REPORT HER TO UR PARENTS , REPEAT THIS PROCESS if u discover she's bitting more than she can chew then you can now threat her fvck up...... I assure ur parents will blame her and support u this time.
Thank me later.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Bayoibee: 6:17pm On May 24, 2019
Most times money brings respect, she just sees you as a guy that still depends on your parent for everything and you’re hardly different from her except the age, make enough money and make rules and see if she’ll not follow them...that’s just my opinion bro. And maybe you should accept your landlord son’s offer �, it might help a lot.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by markkuss: 6:24pm On May 24, 2019
FindX:
You're also a failure that's why she is disrespecting you.

Now let the little girl be and put your miserable life in other first.

You are more of a failure...Buhari get sense pass you walaitalai
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by poyet(m): 6:34pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:
Haven't done this before, but I want to know your honest, experienced and well thought out opinions. I'm really depressed but I won't take Snipper (that devil is a liar). If you don't have anything serious and reasonable to say, please, just read comments (I know as e dey be for here, sometimes).

Its quite a long read. Apologies for any grammatical or typographical error encountered.

Here is my story.

My younger sister who is staying with me disrespects me alot, and she doesn't take my advice. My parents stay very far away and I feel responsible for her. It frustrates me whenever I tell her something and she will wait to do it at her own time or not do it at all. She even sometimes abuses me indirectly.

She is 19, came to stay with me last year November, for a Predegree program, after staying at home for two years without admission. After the first semester of her program, her result was released and it was very disappointing. She made 51% in only one course of four courses, while others are below that. To be honest, I felt I failed in my responsibilities of giving her the right counsel, motivating her, and all that. All she does is press her phone all night long, that's if she isn't watching a movie with her phone. She'll sleep and wake up the next morning by 8 or 9am.

Recently, there's this guy who happens to be my late landlord's first son in the compound where we stay that she has been spending too much time with in dark corners and I can tell in my gut that he's up to no good. He doesn't go to work, school, church, nowhere. He just seats at home all day, smoking weed and any other smokable substance he can lay his hands on. Sometimes, his friends come around and they smoke and play PES 2011 on a laptop. Lest I forget, he's also a cultist. He has tried on several occasions to make me a yahoo boy, but I had to consciously refuse.

About a week ago, this guy asked her to cook indomie for him, and she did, using our gas, without telling me. This got me really up set. I had to take several deep breaths. I calmed down and allowed her finish. After she was done, I asked her to seat down and we started talking. While we were talking, she started responding rudely to me.

This made me hit her for the first time in 19 years (I hate hitting them). To my utmost surprise, she hit me back. That singular act made her receive a very hard beating that she sustained lots of injuries. She immediately called home and my parents where now shouting at me on phone. My dad came the next day and said lots of things. My mom said lots of things on phone which just piss me off the more, called me all sought of names. Said I shouldn't allow the devil that is controlling take me close to my sister.

Right now, I hate all of them. My dad, mum, and sister. If I was financially buoyant enough, I would have moved out of this house. I feel really depressed, being having nightmares and I so much hate the fact that am still living here.

By the way, am male, 24, studying Biochemistry, should have finished my first degree last year but I'm having an extra year (3 spill over courses).

How do I move from here? Advice me.send her home!
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by mondayaudu(m): 6:50pm On May 24, 2019
You have to be very careful. The cultist boy will soon impregnate her and your parent will blame you.
Your case is not different compared to other first born with younger siblings. I have my simple policy..... any of my younger sibling that disrespect will be vanished immediately. I don’t tolorate nonsense from any of them.
You must understand that you only have responsibility for your life. There is a sowing time and result of the seed. Time will tell her the result of her escapades.
You wouldn’t like my advice, but it will be better for you if you take it seriously. Send her back home with immediate effect!
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by scrupulousblog: 7:16pm On May 24, 2019
FindX:

That's a very stupid thing to say. It's people like you that mislead the children of this generation.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by KukumaKillMe: 7:47pm On May 24, 2019
FindX:

How dumb can you get?
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by ikemesit4477: 8:01pm On May 24, 2019
castro316:
My honest advice

I am a first son. As you and have 6 sisters. How do I manage them. Hmm bro it's the grace of God. My prayer is for God to give me all boys because girls are really difficult to cater for esp in their adolescent stage.

Ignore her completely, act like she does not exist. The reason why she is disrespecting you is because you are giving her too much attention. Do the dishes yourself. Clean your house by yourself. Ask her to raise her legs so that you can sweep the floors. Whenever you see her with her crew of guys don't say a word. Do this for a month she will realize she is On her own. She will start getting scared and start seeking attention else where. When she gets negative attention and see the selfishness of the people she is with, and reality of life sets in she will find her roots. Pls don't interfere with this process because you will ruin everything. They are probably having sex but don't kill yourself. That's life for you. I have a sister though not wayward but she is very stubborn. It took me 4 yrs to bring her to her senses. Now she realizes she needs a brother.

Bringing her to her senses
Maybe after a month or two she may need your opinion about something. Reply her with calmness and never relate it to any of her lifestyles. Its possible you judge her all the time about her lifestyle that's why she disrespects you. Its probably doesn't like the life but don't know how to change so be objective in your communication with her with time she will see you as someone to look up to. Always encourage her to do the good things and reward her when she does them. You may never get her to your side but you will get your respect back. Abi is that not what you always wanted?

By the way when is your birthday and when is hers so that I can couch you better?
best comment so far! Kudos!

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by legendarygeo: 8:19pm On May 24, 2019
uote author=firstbornson post=78663311]Haven't done this before, but I want to know your honest, experienced and well thought out opinions. I'm really depressed but I won't take Snipper (that devil is a liar). If you don't have anything serious and reasonable to say, please, just read comments (I know as e dey be for here, sometimes).

Here is my story.

How do I move from here? Advice me.[/quote]
your junior
Good evening sir.
Firstly,I commend your style of writing; your content,it is absolutely lovely.
It's normal in some situations for junior ones to be stubborn and disobedient to their elder ones, I was once like that to my elder sister. Well, the first problem is that you don't have a GOOD RELATIONSHIP with your junior sister,the first thing you can do to anyone who's junior to you is to learn how to submit and humble yourself to them!, What do I mean by this? You make them realize that they are so valuable to you.
If you actually build a relationship with her (I don't know how you would love to start that since there's no good relationship between you guys now),things would change for good.
She has a very short time to spend with you, tell her the consequences of her results if she does not eventually pass;(her wasted time,year,parents money,effort/labour,her going back home as a failure;she's aware that you are not supposed to be in school anymore,maybe you should "SINK" that into her understanding also.
You are a good example but she has chosen to live her lifestyle,you have to make her know her worth as a lady;she used your gas to cook indomie for the guy
because love is "freaking her", apologize for beating her,ask her for forgiveness and let her know you are sincere, let's just conclude that she's "dating" that guy.
Ask her about her relationship;if she's dating anyone else, she would be surprised, ask her to be sincere with you, anything she tells you don't doubt her even if she's lying, whatever answer she gives, since you are suspecting the guy to be a play boy and you have known him for a longer time than her, ask her if she has had sex with him,if she says yes, don't mis-behave,this might get her mad.... Just be like wow! and smile,ask her how many times?, ask her if she has even taken the risk of having sex with him or anyone else without protection. If you do this interrogation successfully, draw her closer to yourself, drag her chin, ears in love and tell her you love her, ask her not to misbehave,ask her to turn a new leaf that you love her and want the best for her. I'm telling you the truth,she will love you and confide in you than anyone else, anytime she's about to make any decision, she would be free to ask you for opinions,even your parents at home would be surprised and if she had not started having sex,since you have lived on campus for over 4 years,you should have experience of campus life, give her gist of what you have seen, passed through, the challenges,what some other persons have passed through.
Don't hate your parents please, don't hate anyone for any reason,that is all I have to say for now.
All the best my real gee.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by legendarygeo: 8:36pm On May 24, 2019
legendarygeo:
uote author=firstbornson post=78663311]Haven't done this before, but I want to know your honest, experienced and well thought out opinions. I'm really depressed but I won't take Snipper (that devil is a liar). If you don't have anything serious and reasonable to say, please, just read comments (I know as e dey be for here, sometimes).

Here is my story.

your junior
Good evening sir.
Firstly,I commend your style of writing; your content,it is absolutely lovely.
It's normal in some situations for junior ones to be stubborn and disobedient to their elder ones, I was once like that to my elder sister. Well, the first problem is that you don't have a GOOD RELATIONSHIP with your junior sister,the first thing you can do to anyone who's junior to you is to learn how to submit and humble yourself to them!, What do I mean by this? You make them realize that they are so valuable to you.
If you actually build a relationship with her (I don't know how you would love to start that since there's no good relationship between you guys now),things would change for good.
She has a very short time to spend with you, tell her the consequences of her results if she does not eventually pass;(her wasted time,year,parents money,effort/labour,her going back home as a failure;she's aware that you are not supposed to be in school anymore,maybe you should "SINK" that into her understanding also.
You are a good example but she has chosen to live her lifestyle,you have to make her know her worth as a lady;she used your gas to cook indomie for the guy
because love is "freaking her", apologize for beating her,ask her for forgiveness and let her know you are sincere, let's just conclude that she's "dating" that guy.
Ask her about her relationship;if she's dating anyone else, she would be surprised, ask her to be sincere with you, anything she tells you don't doubt her even if she's lying, whatever answer she gives, since you are suspecting the guy to be a play boy and you have known him for a longer time than her, ask her if she has had sex with him,if she says yes, don't mis-behave,this might get her mad.... Just be like wow! and smile,ask her how many times?, ask her if she has even taken the risk of having sex with him or anyone else without protection. If you do this interrogation successfully, draw her closer to yourself, drag her chin, ears in love and tell her you love her, ask her not to misbehave,ask her to turn a new leaf that you love her and want the best for her. I'm telling you the truth,she will love you and confide in you than anyone else, anytime she's about to make any decision, she would be free to ask you for opinions,even your parents at home would be surprised and if she had not started having sex,since you have lived on campus for over 4 years,you should have experience of campus life, give her gist of what you have seen, passed through, the challenges,what some other persons have passed through.
Don't hate your parents please, don't hate anyone for any reason,that is all I have to say for now.
All the best my real gee.
And she needs prayer.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Ishilove: 8:45pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

I pray it doesn't come to that before she realizes herself.
Thanks.
What is taking you so long before reporting her to your parents?
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by MrStealYourGirl(m): 8:56pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

Here is my story.

Carry her back to village to suffer and know what life is about. Gbam.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by luminouz(m): 8:57pm On May 24, 2019
Rozan10:

It's not the gender. I have a younger brother and since he turned 17 last year and graduated secondary school it's being one stressful, annoying experience after another. The boy is similar to a brick wall. Doesn't listen and will never do what he's supposed to without shouting and fight. Even disrespects my dad too and the man is so calm.

End point is from what I've experienced with him in about a year. I do not think I want kids anymore sef. I see something for that guy hand.
C'mon, dont be like that babe...our kids will do just fine...I'm a strong man who knows how to handle kids,so I got u 100% kiss
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by ayoevans6: 9:11pm On May 24, 2019
FindX:

hey you have to calm down being your remark on the writer is too poor being saucy dosent help in anyway
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Ayodehji202: 9:18pm On May 24, 2019
GoTV:
sad Put Sn*per in her Tea
see the kind of murderous view coming from a self acclaim born again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by budaatum: 9:35pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:

Here is my story.

Dude, you seriously make me laugh! Young sister is eating your food, slapping you, reporting you to parents who are cursing you, and you did not tell them to take their daughter and go! Is there something you are not telling us here, like she's not really your sister but your child instead, or the one that pays the rent and buys the food you eat or worked so you could go to school? Would you allow your wife to treat you like she does?

You are ruining her life! Because of you, she can play around, failbexams, not take life serious and still have food in her belly and a roof over her head! If you had been like she was in your parent's house would you have food to put in her belly and a roof over her head?

Send her back to her parents please and let them ruin it for her instead, or what is wrong with you!? Hopefully, she's not the only sister you have. Let one of the more serious ones come and live and benefit from you!

Sniper, my ass! I'm so annoyed with you that I want to come over where you are and sniper you myself! angry
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by LordsApostle: 9:40pm On May 24, 2019
FindX:

This is funny mhen!!!/the funniest I have ever read cheesy cheesy
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by LordsApostle: 9:43pm On May 24, 2019
Preshy561:
So sad.
I really hate disrespectful siblings.

Our last born is stubborn but I can't beat her cos she's stronger than me. cry
All I do is to avoid arguments with her or threaten not to give her any of my belongings or give her money.

The truth is that, she'd start respecting you when she sees you can now Carter for yourself and for anybody. Same thing with your parents scolding you.

Relax and make money, and all these nonsense will stop.
If she chooses to date the useless landlord's son, then leave her, all the regret will be bore by her alone. Just do your best.

But why are some landlord's first sons almost very useless? undecided undecided
As old as u are ur last sister is stronger than you, very shameful thing to say, wetin u use all ur strength do? Pitiable ..
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Mizwisdom(f): 9:57pm On May 24, 2019
Lol it seems your parents are disappointed in you even beyond what happened between you and your sister. Do you want to kill their precious daughter? you need to become more independent so that your parents and siblings will respect you. How did you manage to get extra year while your mates are getting First class?
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:36pm On May 24, 2019
Sorry that's one of the challenges of life she will change as time goes on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet The Alleged Oldest Man In Anambra State - 122 Years Old / Website To Buy Wedding Engagement Rings: Family Making / DNA Test Palava (What Do I Do?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.