Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:48 AM

My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. (31735 Views)

My Husband Flirt With Girls Alot Help Me !! / Help: My Younger Brother Disrespects Me Alot / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Aristotle2019: 11:05pm On May 24, 2019
Focus on completing your program. Forget all the things that happened.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by ceeceeuwa: 11:17pm On May 24, 2019
GoTV:
sad Put Sn*per in her Tea
Demon!!!
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by ghettochild4u(m): 11:19pm On May 24, 2019
firstbornson:
Haven't done this before, but I want to know your honest, experienced and well thought out opinions. I'm really depressed but I won't take Snipper (that devil is a liar). If you don't have anything serious and reasonable to say, please, just read comments (I know as e dey be for here, sometimes).

Its quite a long read. Apologies for any grammatical or typographical error encountered.

Here is my story.

My younger sister who is staying with me disrespects me alot, and she doesn't take my advice. My parents stay very far away and I feel responsible for her. It frustrates me whenever I tell her something and she will wait to do it at her own time or not do it at all. She even sometimes abuses me indirectly.

She is 19, came to stay with me last year November, for a Predegree program, after staying at home for two years without admission. After the first semester of her program, her result was released and it was very disappointing. She made 51% in only one course of four courses, while others are below that. To be honest, I felt I failed in my responsibilities of giving her the right counsel, motivating her, and all that. All she does is press her phone all night long, that's if she isn't watching a movie with her phone. She'll sleep and wake up the next morning by 8 or 9am.

Recently, there's this guy who happens to be my late landlord's first son in the compound where we stay that she has been spending too much time with in dark corners and I can tell in my gut that he's up to no good. He doesn't go to work, school, church, nowhere. He just seats at home all day, smoking weed and any other smokable substance he can lay his hands on. Sometimes, his friends come around and they smoke and play PES 2011 on a laptop. Lest I forget, he's also a cultist. He has tried on several occasions to make me a yahoo boy, but I had to consciously refuse.

My apologies for the long read.

About a week ago, this guy asked her to cook indomie for him, and she did, using our gas, without telling me. This got me really up set. I had to take several deep breaths. I calmed down and allowed her finish. After she was done, I asked her to seat down and we started talking. While we were talking, she started responding rudely to me.

This made me hit her for the first time in 19 years (I hate hitting them). To my utmost surprise, she hit me back. That singular act made her receive a very hard beating that she sustained lots of injuries. She immediately called home and my parents where now shouting at me on phone. My dad came the next day and said lots of things. My mom said lots of things on phone which just piss me off the more, called me all sought of names. Said I shouldn't allow the devil that is controlling take me close to my sister.

Right now, I hate all of them. My dad, mum, and sister. If I was financially buoyant enough, I would have moved out of this house. I feel really depressed, being having nightmares and I so much hate the fact that am still living here.

By the way, am male, 24, studying Biochemistry, should have finished my first degree last year but I'm having an extra year (3 spill over courses).

How do I move from here? Advice me.
Go n play 1xbet n rent ur own apartment
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by JewelBukky(f): 11:39pm On May 24, 2019
Hmmm... Oga boss! Wehdone Sir... Bro Erujeje wink
Kobicove:

Put your foot down and show her who's boss.

You also have to set a good example by making sure you excel is everything you do.

I'm a also a first born but my younger siblings tremble when I talk, the whole 5 of them!

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Elliot2(m): 11:45pm On May 24, 2019
I have this cousin who was very stubborn. Boy joined cult at the age of 11 and started smoking at the same time. Everyone was very disappointed,but not me. Everyone in the family was just using me to judge him, but I always tell them to stop. Everyone can't be good. In fact I encouraged him to be bad(every family needs some bad eggs especially if you are living in B.Y; they are not always that bad). At least because of his ruggedity, we had peace of mind from other bad boys who would have found it easy to intimidate us.
The day this boy turned a new leaf just surprised everyone. He had gone out with friends and got drunk to stupor during a highness competition and passed out. His friends just left him there suffocating in his own vomits after taking pictures of him. It was some good Samaritans that brought him to the house; and it took him over a week to gain himself with the injuries he sustained in free falls. That singular incidence taught my boy that OYO is his case when the chips are down for a wayward child.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by shegzydave(m): 11:51pm On May 24, 2019
wooow let me tell you what I did during my own time with my immediate younger sis, it happens that she behaves exactly like your sis too, but I never raise my hand to beat her, one day we fight so much that mum and dad have to talk to me that what if they are dead won't I be acting or be in position of a dad to her? they talk to me and I also realize they are saying the truth, after about two weeks after the whole thing has settle down, I call my sis into my room, I call her three times and I said baby mi, first of all please what ever u think am during wrong that u dont like let me know and pls forgive me and i ask her what have I done to you to deserve all this from you, you know how.much I love you with passion, I talk to.her mehn that night she cried kneeling down to beg me that she is sorry that I should just forgive her and she promise me never to be rude to me again, that day I also cried we both cried then we hug each other and kissed each other, peck her lips, peck and kissed her forehead...and that's how we end out fight, so one day it happen I woo one of her friend that I don't know they are both friends, that one is calling me by name instead of bro because I woo her, my sis hear this and lavish the girl with Insult I was so happy that day....
so all am just trying to say is to sit her down first of all pet her and apologize for your past behaviour towards her and beg her, I swear she will also apologize and beg you too, and also the truth is that if u have money she will respect you the more, today this my sis am talking about wil call me and ask big bro what should I.cook down for you, what do u wanna eat, why because I give her money and feed her....so.please just be calm to her, with time she will change, she is still in her teen age, that's the stage they get attracted to boys I understand her, also use that to talk to her....she will change am sure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Damfostopper(m): 12:22am On May 25, 2019
before I even finish ur story... I knew that you only senior her at least 4 or 5 years..... ur not stamping ur authority as a man......she feels Yu are in her age bracket . and it seems ur parents ain't helping matters......

I don't have a sister.... my junior brother/siblings can't try this with me ......whether it's 10yrs or 1yr Age differences ......

them no born you well to go against my word
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by tomdon(m): 3:40am On May 25, 2019
You're also a juvenile in this matter with little life experience and poor restraint capability. If you had been the first to report to your parents, you would've been the Victor, but you're the villain now cos you feel you know too well what should be done. You need a more matured mind to enable you curtail your anger against her and be on top of situations. Be humble enough to always report her rather than hit her because she will always want to enforce her rights and not be dominated even when she's wrong and you'll inadvertently push her into fire and problem not solved. Don't let the devil use you, just keep warning her, don't be shy or scared to do that at every chance everytime diplomatically so you can be free. What you owe her is love not how to live her life, that's her business.
Good luck young man, relationship with siblings sometimes is not rosy cos everyone go de claim right

2 Likes

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by castro316: 6:41am On May 25, 2019
Mariangeles:
Nice !

Thanks Mariangeles. Did you watch "the rich also cry" back In the days?v
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by IAmTobore(m): 7:19am On May 25, 2019
firstbornson:
Haven't done this before, but I want to know your honest, experienced and well thought out opinions. I'm really depressed but I won't take Snipper (that devil is a liar). If you don't have anything serious and reasonable to say, please, just read comments (I know as e dey be for here, sometimes).

Its quite a long read. Apologies for any grammatical or typographical error encountered.

Here is my story.

My younger sister who is staying with me disrespects me alot, and she doesn't take my advice. My parents stay very far away and I feel responsible for her. It frustrates me whenever I tell her something and she will wait to do it at her own time or not do it at all. She even sometimes abuses me indirectly.

She is 19, came to stay with me last year November, for a Predegree program, after staying at home for two years without admission. After the first semester of her program, her result was released and it was very disappointing. She made 51% in only one course of four courses, while others are below that. To be honest, I felt I failed in my responsibilities of giving her the right counsel, motivating her, and all that. All she does is press her phone all night long, that's if she isn't watching a movie with her phone. She'll sleep and wake up the next morning by 8 or 9am.

Recently, there's this guy who happens to be my late landlord's first son in the compound where we stay that she has been spending too much time with in dark corners and I can tell in my gut that he's up to no good. He doesn't go to work, school, church, nowhere. He just seats at home all day, smoking weed and any other smokable substance he can lay his hands on. Sometimes, his friends come around and they smoke and play PES 2011 on a laptop. Lest I forget, he's also a cultist. He has tried on several occasions to make me a yahoo boy, but I had to consciously refuse.

About a week ago, this guy asked her to cook indomie for him, and she did, using our gas, without telling me. This got me really up set. I had to take several deep breaths. I calmed down and allowed her finish. After she was done, I asked her to seat down and we started talking. While we were talking, she started responding rudely to me.

This made me hit her for the first time in 19 years (I hate hitting them). To my utmost surprise, she hit me back. That singular act made her receive a very hard beating that she sustained lots of injuries. She immediately called home and my parents where now shouting at me on phone. My dad came the next day and said lots of things. My mom said lots of things on phone which just piss me off the more, called me all sought of names. Said I shouldn't allow the devil that is controlling take me close to my sister.

Right now, I hate all of them. My dad, mum, and sister. If I was financially buoyant enough, I would have moved out of this house. I feel really depressed, being having nightmares and I so much hate the fact that am still living here.

By the way, am male, 24, studying Biochemistry, should have finished my first degree last year but I'm having an extra year (3 spill over courses).

Bros, I thought it was only she. I suggest you invite your parents, hold a meeting in which your sister too will be present. Tell them everything she is been doing, and inform them about her score too. After that, make it known to them that her chances are numbered. Let them know that you might ask her to go get her own room if she doesn't behave herself.

Don't mind your parents if they say bad things against you, or support her. Some families are like that. Because they are family doesn't mean they can't be toxic. Take whatever trash they say like a pinch of salt. I am 25 years old, and I don't think I have the capability to take responsibility for a younger sibling (if I had any) not to talk of a 19 years woman. So, my guy, you tried. If it's your sister's choice to be wayward, then let her be. A 19 years old woman can't say she doesn't know what's right for her. But before then, call everybody's attention to it. Let them know that you don't have room for waywardness, and that if she is keen on being wayward, you can no longer be responsible for her.

I'm sorry to say this, but from the look of things, it seems like your parents spoilt her with too much pampering. May God give you the wisdom to go about it. Don't let any trash make you depressed. Believe me, I have been depressed before, and it not good.

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by ImaIma1(f): 7:33am On May 25, 2019
Acidosis:
Listen man, focus on your spillover courses. You both have your individual goals to pursue. You're older. So what? Few years from today, your sis would end up with a man, with or without a degree. You should be very concerned about your future as you have more people to look after in the nearest future. If you scold or beat up your sister for failing, who's going to scold you for the 3 spill over courses in one session?
Doing the work of your parents shouldn't be at your own detriment.

Op is patient. I would have sent her back to the people that gave birth to her and trained her. I can't stand rudeness.

2 Likes

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Nobody: 8:15am On May 25, 2019
I was facing the same issue with my brother sometimes back.
He is 20years and well built.

This is what I did
I ignored him.
No, do this or talking to him like that except for compulsory occasions. I still supported his dreams and all but it wasn't more than than
Then he calmed down a bit
One of the times, he was quiet and not really busy I called him to speak to him.

Results
He is not really respecting me like he should but it is better than before

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by frozen70(f): 8:31am On May 25, 2019
A drowning person is not expected to save a fellow who is also drowning

You are too young to be subjected to handling siblings, even when you yourself needs help

As for your sister,
Girls when they are growing or grown, they try to prove that they are if age but they are only passing through juvenile delinquency

I suggest you send her home for being naughty, let your parents experience her naughtiness

What ever help you need to offer can be transferred to her wherever she is

Your parents are beefing for you because they don't know what you are enduring in her, let them have a taste of it

As a first born, if you do t take charge now, by the time you start working, you will experience worst

Learn to be decent so that you can instill discipline in them

Women get wahala ohhh

And women they give wahala if you don't have the gurts to handle them

Take charge and whoever that doesn't want to obey shouldn't be under your roof

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Brightdude007: 10:58am On May 25, 2019
I respect your love for the good of your family, it's clear she didn't learn those ill behaviors from you, that is what you get wen u roll with the wrong cliq. When an inexperienced teen girl is inlove n determined to explore, it takes the grace of God to bring her back on track. Trust me your parents are also not helping matters, no matter what happened they shouldn't have scold you that way in her presence, they should have done that secretly and believe me that teen sister of yours will always leverage on that to continue disrespecting you. Visit home and sit your parents down, and make them see reasons with you, I believe they don't know the gravity of things. Lastly encourage them to bring her back home so you can have all the peace of mind and total focus you need to tackle your academic challenges and future which is paramount and all you need right now
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Lekozy(m): 11:13am On May 25, 2019
firstbornson:

Here is my story.

bro the problem is we the first born we command respect which is unnecessary if she disrespect u...leave her alone and you face you studies and build your life other than fighting with her trust me when u re successful nd don't argue with her anymore u will earn re respect same thing happen to me and my younger sis too 3years ago...i was force to beat her she beat me back ooo...but since then i left her with her issue....nd face my path she is d one calling me now...nd begging though that spirit enters her at times to fight but i will just leave her because i have other things to think about than to hit her....she will come around trust me...dont command respect...EARN IT...
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by firstbornson(m): 1:58pm On May 25, 2019
Thanks everyone for your comments. Having so many persons to talk to at the same has inspired hope in me - helped me gather my thoughts.

I must confess; reading your comments and experiences actually breeds some sort of confusion as regards what to do, but certain opinions and ideas are recurring. Again, thanks alot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by firstbornson(m): 1:59pm On May 25, 2019
From OP:

Thanks everyone for your comments. Having so many persons to talk to at the same has inspired hope in me - helped me gather my thoughts.

I must confess; reading your comments and experiences actually breeds some sort of confusion as regards what to do, but certain opinions and ideas are recurring. Again, thanks alot.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by decatalyst(m): 2:51pm On May 25, 2019
castro316:
My honest advice

I am a first son. As you and have 6 sisters. How do I manage them. Hmm bro it's the grace of God. My prayer is for God to give me all boys because girls are really difficult to cater for esp in their adolescent stage.

Ignore her completely, act like she does not exist. The reason why she is disrespecting you is because you are giving her too much attention. Do the dishes yourself. Clean your house by yourself. Ask her to raise her legs so that you can sweep the floors. Whenever you see her with her crew of guys don't say a word. Do this for a month she will realize she is On her own. She will start getting scared and start seeking attention else where. When she gets negative attention and see the selfishness of the people she is with, and reality of life sets in she will find her roots. Pls don't interfere with this process because you will ruin everything. They are probably having sex but don't kill yourself. That's life for you. I have a sister though not wayward but she is very stubborn. It took me 4 yrs to bring her to her senses. Now she realizes she needs a brother.

Bringing her to her senses
Maybe after a month or two she may need your opinion about something. Reply her with calmness and never relate it to any of her lifestyles. Its possible you judge her all the time about her lifestyle that's why she disrespects you. Its probably doesn't like the life but don't know how to change so be objective in your communication with her with time she will see you as someone to look up to. Always encourage her to do the good things and reward her when she does them. You may never get her to your side but you will get your respect back. Abi is that not what you always wanted?

By the way when is your birthday and when is hers so that I can couch you better?

You have valid point bro.

I have two sisters and a brother, it has been tough getting them to do stuffs, but they respected me shall unlike the dude that created this thread. I sat down and tried to figure out how to get the results I desire. I simply started acting unconcerned, uncaring and have no time for them, though I send money when it is necessary and important. My last born who is the most stubborn...dunno if anyone is more stubborn than her, broke finally! She cried and pointed out that I don't call, care and unconcerned about her...lol! Since that day, she has changed and we talk more and I am enjoying it my brother. The truth is, solution to any problem or concern is not far from the problem if we look inward and around. grin

@firstbornson stay calm

3 Likes

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by firstbornson(m): 5:30pm On May 25, 2019
decatalyst:

You have valid point bro.

I have two sisters and a brother, it has been tough getting them to do stuffs, but they respected me shall unlike the dude that created this thread. I sat down and tried to figure out how to get the results I desire. I simply started acting unconcerned, uncaring and have no time for them, though I send money when it is necessary and important. My last born who is the most stubborn...dunno if anyone is more stubborn than her, broke finally! She cried and pointed out that I don't call, care and unconcerned about her...lol! Since that day, she has changed and we talk more and I am enjoying it my brother. The truth is, solution to any problem or concern is not far from the problem if we look inward and around. grin

@firstbornson stay calm

She was like this while she was still at home.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by sapeleboi(m): 6:18pm On May 25, 2019
stop washing your dirty knee knees outside bro , go and look for something to do , she will respect you

2 Shares

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Image123(m): 6:32pm On May 25, 2019
Eeyah, your junior sister doesn't see any line of difference, familiarity breeds contempt. You're both dependents, waiting for dad and mum to send rent money, pocket money etc. Which is not wrong BTW. You'll need to earn her respect, not just demand it. Many factors can influence or change that as many have suggested. You failed to graduate, she also failed matriculate. In her view, you have no moral grounds or higher pedestal. She does not see you up there, as a role model or someone to look UP to, follow. When she was at home, she saw you up there, but as she came to school na, she saw that you are both failing together, and she has your mates and seniors now as boyfriends. So become that person up there. Like some have said, money easily makes anybody that. Another thing can be godliness, maturity, achievement in whatever context e.g acquisition of things can give respect, just like your young new landlord who is befriending her gets his respect. Even seemingly intangible/weird stuff like becoming a father or husband, and so on. So work on adding value to yourself, and you will be respected.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by creepsyme(f): 10:09pm On May 25, 2019
firstbornson:

Here is my story.

Eeyyaaaaa small boy... don't worry when you are grown things will change. For now please take heart.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Roksman1551(m): 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
ghettochild4u:

Go n play 1xbet n rent ur own apartment

The best advice smiley

In order not to use the computer and not to get frustrated - download their application, it’s even more pleasant to hang there. Start with football, and then how it goes

If suddenly there are problems installing the application - https://xbet-app-in.com/
This resource has instructions on how to properly download and install.

But seriously, it's just a dead end. In fact - go to work and become financially independent

1 Like

Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by blingxx(m): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2020
FindX:
You're also a failure that's why she is disrespecting you.

Now let the little girl be and put your miserable life in other first.

if not for the internet I suppose slap your with my left hand angry ...you heard me right , I have siblings too undecided you are a FOOL sir
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by blingxx(m): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
LesbianBoy:
Three things are wrong with you

1. You don't have money

2. There is no mystery about you

3. You don't do what your mates do so they underate you. Things like having a girlfriend, drinking beer etc. You will be surprised how these little things bring respect!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

life no just balance ... ;-\
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by OmoOduduwa01: 7:37pm On Jun 15, 2020
FindX:
You're also a failure that's why she is disrespecting you.

Now let the little girl be and put your miserable life in other first.

Ogbeni, keep quite if you don't have any reasonable things to say!!!
You are so rude
Kai! undecided

@op, I'll advise you to get yourself busy with whatever good thing you can lay your hands on
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Nenegi: 10:54pm On Dec 18, 2021
Me too�
Ok I'm 17 ,and my younger sister is 15.
I just blame it on me because I happen to be a very nice person, especially when I was young.
My younger sister is caring but she always disrespects me out of my 2 siblings
She always does that ,and it's painful.
Sometimes she cries when my mom yell at her
And sometimes I cry when I see her crying.i can't even stand her crying though she disrespects me so much
I can't even fight with her because when we were younger I mistakenly broke her hand because we got into a fight
So when ever she disrespects me,I always remember the day I broke her hand.then I'll stay patient because I don't want to hurt her for the second time
At times I wished I had two sisters.
Re: My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2021
prepare delicious food then serve am to am but before you give am put otapia pia no be ota koM kom o, real ota pia pia. Repeat am otapia pia with small rat poison so that E no go too test. Her belle go big dey shine untop bed next time she no go try am again if she even c next time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet The Alleged Oldest Man In Anambra State - 122 Years Old / Website To Buy Wedding Engagement Rings: Family Making / DNA Test Palava (What Do I Do?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.