Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Tribute To HungerBAD - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tribute To HungerBAD (1274 Views)

Visiting Hungerbad's Mother To Show Solidarity After Four Years Rememberance / Remembering Hungerbad, Nairaland Most Iconic Figure That Passed Away / Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To HungerBAD by Sanchez01: 7:06am On May 24, 2019
I am yet to come to terms with the knowledge that you've passed on. We were never really close at first even though you jokingly asked Ishi who Sanchez01 was on a thread in 2017.
https://www.nairaland.com/3798162/urhobo-proud/1

The posts made me bray with laughter for most part of that day. Ishilove has always been a clown but you outdid her on that day. So funny was the thread that Syphax made a meme out of it.
https://www.nairaland.com/3800634/hilarious-memes-odunlade-adekolas-pose/1#56550083

A year after, we exchanged contacts and I recall our first conversation which lasted over two hours. You talked freely like we had known each other for years. Being a conversationist, I recalled spending most part listening to you; your passion for Nigeria and your ideas for the lesser people. You were so excited about meeting a brother and you asked if I knew other Urhobo folks on the forum. You wanted to keep them close...

Our second was when you were in the hospital. I was cooling off at the hospital at the time as well and you were so much interested in my 19-days 'flexing'. You never stopped asking if the hospital was convenient in the course of our 2-hours discussion on the phone. And even when I cleared my hospital bills at the end of my 19-days stay, you insisted on reimbursing me to the last kobo. The money was a lot but you insisted still. I recall you told me we would fight when I never sent my account details. You told me helping others gave you joy and you would never stop as long as God is alive. I recall we laughed at each other on our hospital beds and how I was at an advantage as Starch and Banga soup would get me up in no time, being in Nigeria.

You wanted to set up an NGO in Nigeria aimed at assisting those in need after your retirement. I questioned its plausibility and you went on to share your ideas and the story behind it. I wondered how one could care so much about the problems of others and burden himself with them. You shared some threads about those in need and how you'd prioritize their needs the moment you left the hospital. It turned out my altruism was only an apprentice where yours was.

Indeed you lived. While we are pained by your passing and noting you passed at a fairly young age, the lives you touched from thousands of miles away are the testament that you lived. Your dedication and selflessness towards others will echo through the posts and threads of this forum. You met with strangers and treated them as blood and never for once took to heart those who attacked you for holding a different political viewpoint.

Rest well, Oniovo. You'll forever be remembered.

Ishilove
Fratermathy
Efewestern
JasonScoolari
Lalasticlala

38 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Skyfornia(m): 7:08am On May 24, 2019
I never had one on one conversation with him but I have seen his input many times on Nairaland. Seeing the name 'HungerBad' on nairaland the first time..I was amused with the name and deep down I know the personality behind such name would be someone that fights hunger.

Rest in peace brother! You have a place in heaven and may God give your family the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by donphilopus: 7:09am On May 24, 2019
cry cry cry cry :'
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Nobody: 7:15am On May 24, 2019
cry
He was one those few intelligent nairalanders with interesting threads. RIP legend

1 Like

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Efewestern: 7:16am On May 24, 2019
Sad one for us, never had much communication with him, but I always see him as an okpako, a senior man. I admired him from afar and wished I could touch souls like he always do.

I heard he grew up in Lagos, thou a proud Urhobo man and a Deltan. Hungerbad lived, may his wife and kids never lack anything in life.

RIP SIR.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Sundrus: 7:18am On May 24, 2019
RIP Mr Hungerbad +++
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Nobody: 7:31am On May 24, 2019
HungerBad Why does death come early for those who do good?

Rest well, Oniovo.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Preshy561(f): 7:40am On May 24, 2019
He was a funny dude.
Thought he was really hungry cos of his moniker.
God gives, and God takes.
RIP. cry
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Timtim007(f): 7:45am On May 24, 2019
May his beautiful soul rest in Peace..
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by yenereal(m): 8:02am On May 24, 2019
Like the person above said, I thought he was this clown kind of person trying to battle hunger cos of his Moniker. My condolences to friends and family members he's left behind.
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Ishilove: 8:38am On May 24, 2019
Sanchez01, you definitely made me smile. I can remember that day because I was at work and I kept braying laughter in the office.

It's always so terribly tragic when a young person dies. It's like a tree bearing ripe and unripe fruits is cut down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by JasonScoolari: 9:48am On May 24, 2019
Sanchez01, my heart cold when I receive the news.... It's really painful cos I enjoyed how he makes me laugh when he sings the praises of Buhari.

I really don't wanna get too emotional.

God rest your soul HungerBad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by corisande: 9:49am On May 24, 2019
I remember his post was always Ftc or on the first page.

Very Intelligent comments he made.

Rest In Peace Hungerbad.

Valar Moghulis!

1 Like

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Sanchez01: 9:54am On May 24, 2019
Ishilove:
Sanchez01, you definitely made me smile. I can remember that day because I was at work and I kept braying laughter in the office.

It's always so terribly tragic when a young person dies. It's like a tree bearing ripe and unripe fruits is cut down.
It is. I have not been able to sleep since 12:50am when I saw the post on Frontpage. I have never stopped asking why him. Death could have reached for someone much older who is done living but no, it just had to be a young life with so much to live for.

Someone said the spirit world see our world as a reality TV show. I'm beginning to buy that school of thought. I have been hoping and praying that this isn't nothing but me caught in a vicious cycle of nightmare I can't break off, and that I'd wake up at some point to realize it was never real.
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Theyoungmatron: 9:58am On May 24, 2019
I wish you eternal rest sir. Quite painful that you are no more.

Remain that dude, Nwaamaikpe. Somebody should reach out please cos the suspense is killing. We are losing the intelligent dudes that makes nairaland a livable place.
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by crackhaus: 10:21am On May 24, 2019
When someone makes no public show of his goodwill and generosity, is not interested in getting accolades for the things he does for other people, is not all about trying to detect scammers or investigating who to aasist...when all he is about is just being good and doing everything from the depths of his heart and without ill will, you know that he is/was the real MVP.

Firmiter et Fideliter HungerBad

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by destiny4luv(m): 10:27am On May 24, 2019
Rest in peace Bro, may God counsle ur family at this trying time. Rest on Hunger bad. We (Nairalanders) will miss u dearly.
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by middlebeltboy: 12:37pm On May 24, 2019
I started having this feeling that something was wrong with hungerbad. no single day passes that I will not check on his profile and view his last seen. I sincerely missed his iconic comments

RIP Hungerbad

1 Like

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 24, 2019
I knew him to be a Philanthropist, rest on brother. You've made great impact in the lives of many.
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by fratermathy(m): 7:54am On May 25, 2019
Rest in peace HungerBad. We interacted on this virtual space for years and my impression of him was based on his philanthropy, humour, simplicity, intelligence and straightforwardness. Adieu as you journey to the world beyond...

Tedefa akpo, Oniovo!

1 Like

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by IeatPussy: 8:08am On May 25, 2019
I always thought people that rush to book FTC on nairaland are jobless hungry people and his moniker implies he maybe one of them. On seeing his philanthropic nature towards people here on nairaland I changed my views on him. In as much as he's a buharist and anti-pdp, he didn't care about the insults he received here everyday. The insults didn't deter him from creating threads and helping people.

We shouldn't insult and banter people online because they have different political views than ours. No one knows what the future can tell. Everyone is praying for better Nigeria using different political parties and views. Who would thought that He's even 44 years and kids of 18 years will be insulting who they can't even stand face to face with. Talk more of being American soldier.

Rest well Brother. Loving memories last forever, I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort With your families.

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by OnyeMmeri: 2:16pm On May 25, 2019
cry cry

I saw this thread by chance and I'm shocked beyond words! I can't believe this. What a really sad news.

I know his moniker very well. His posts are always full of wisdom, wit and intelligence. I always loved reading his posts.

I remember how he told the story of how his kinsmen from the Niger Delta could not help him secure a job in his community after his graduation, and how he finally made it through dint of hard work.

Even more so, I remember how he opened a thread here to help some undergraduates with 10 thousand naira each. That singular act of his remained indelible in my mind and I vowed to do same in the near future.

Why do kind and generous people die young! So so sad right now. I don't know him personally but I feel like I've lost a family member.

May his kind soul rest in perfect peace. Amen

1 Like

Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by sisisioge: 8:22pm On May 25, 2019
cry cry cry cry cry

Sleep well Marshall... I hope you finally found the rest you deserved. Pele...you were so brave to stay atop everything, you refused to complain. Rest well soldier!
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 25, 2019
sisisioge:
cry cry cry cry cry

Sleep well Marshall... I hope you finally found the rest you deserved. Pele...you were so brave to stay atop everything, you refused to complain. Rest well soldier!
Rest well soldier.

Jakandeola please come and pay tribute
Re: Tribute To HungerBAD by sisisioge: 9:55pm On May 25, 2019
FortifiedCity:
Rest well soldier.

Jaka please come and pay tribute

What has happened to you bayi? Show some respect biko.

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witness,who Is Against Blood Transfusion. See Their Sick Child (video) / Nairalanders I Just Made My First Million / Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend After His Mum Asked Her To Wash Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.