Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos (22719 Views)

I Don’t Regret Getting Married To Abounce – Yvonne Jegede / Prostitute And Imeh Bishop "Okon Lagos" & The N70k Sex Proposal (Photos) / Ime Bishop 'Okon Lagos’ Leaked DM, Whatsapp Messages With A Lady Surface Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 7:25am On May 25, 2019
ityP:

Of course they don't. It isn't a gender war, both the prostitute and patronizers do not have any iota of dignity... They are both shameless individuals
Define dignity.
They are adults whatever they choose to do with their body is no one else's shame.

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by bibiking7(m): 7:25am On May 25, 2019

Another way to put it is that, if the police had offered the ladies money for the sex, it would have been okay. The only reason why it's rape is because money did not exchange hands. Taking something that is for sale without paying is theft. Which is what okon believes to have happened.
The bone of contention is dignity. He is entitled to his opinion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Emceesaka: 7:25am On May 25, 2019
Upcoming Artist we don hear you. Abeg next
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by FreemanUYB(m): 7:31am On May 25, 2019
GrowYourSales:
Trying to confuse us with his defensive remarks undecided

Has your business sales dropped in this recession? Check my signature

how can you persecute a thief from stealing from a thief

how can you say police fvcking an oloshoo is rape??

they are both dignitaries and both have no dignity!!!
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:31am On May 25, 2019
kaen1317:
Okon should swear that he has never patronized a prostitute
So what if he did in the past? Does that make prostitution good?
So because you stole a pen in your primary school means you should look the other way when someone steals?
Because you did exam malpractice in school means you should look the other way when your wards do it?
Because you've committed fraud in the past means you should support Internet fraudsters of today?
You men speak from both sides of your mouth..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by kaen1317: 7:36am On May 25, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

So what if he did in the past? Does that make prostitution good?
So because you stole a pen in your primary school means you should look the other way when someone steals?
Because you did exam malpractice in school means you should look the other way when your wards do it?
Because you've committed fraud in the past means you should support Internet fraudsters of today?
You men speak from both sides of your mouth..
okay na. Go and arrest and kill all of them. Thank God man is not God Mr righteous.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:36am On May 25, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:

Define dignity.
They are adults whatever they choose to do with their body is no one else's shame.
It is this generation's 'not my business' attitude being copied from the west that has led to the watering down of our pride and culture..the society is deteriorating because everyone is minding his business..people are now proud to steal and flaunt their ill gotten wealth because everyone is minding their business..no communal growth..tell me if you will be proud to have a daughter grow up to be a prostitute? Unless you are one yourself.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by MikeBetty(m): 7:37am On May 25, 2019
Stand On The Truth, Always Stand Alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Keke4higherpurc: 7:37am On May 25, 2019
Me too I don't regret saying honey is sweet.... Mtcheeeww......

Meanwhile keke for sale in port Harcourt
Check my signature

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by tsinzu: 7:39am On May 25, 2019
He is right
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:39am On May 25, 2019
kaen1317:
okay na. Go and arrest and kill all of them. Thank God man is not God Mr righteous.
Who said anything about killing? Why are you Nigerians inclined to violence? Since when has telling the truth and condemning societal vices become an act of 'judgement'?? You lots keep supporting Internet fraudsters, prostitution and all manner of evil because 'nobody holy pass'..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by holuwajobar(m): 7:41am On May 25, 2019
Emceesaka:
Upcoming Artist we don hear you. Abeg next

Upcoming?

You must be joking
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by SoNature(m): 7:42am On May 25, 2019
Shelloween:
Like he doesn't patronise them.

And why would it matter to you if he does?
Get his point, young man: he made it abundantly clear that prostitution is evil.
Yes, I am throwing my weight behind him.
Even if he he patronizes them, that still doesn't make it right.
In all, something caught my attention: his English is impeccable.
Given that he's a standup Nollywood clown, I never expected that from him grin
He must have been a sterling English or Literature student back in the day in secondary school
Finally, I like this guy die!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by EllaCynthia(f): 7:43am On May 25, 2019
axcerin:
GistMore.com

Nollywood actor, Ime Bishop Umoh, popularly known as Okon Lagos, was recently criticised heavily for a video he posted about some policemen who allegedly raped some prostitutes in Abuja. In the video, he described what the policemen did as similar to stealing.

This evidently did not go down well with a lot of social media users, who accused him of justifying rape.

In an exclusive interview with Saturday Beats, the comic actor noted that he would never justify rape and stressed that the reason why he decided to comment on the issue was because he noticed that people were condemning the act of rape and ignoring the fact that prostitution was an immoral act.

“I live my life in such a way that I live for the best and hope for the worst so things hardly shock me. I saw the backlash coming but I didn’t know it was going to get that sort of attention. I saw it coming; I knew I might be misunderstood depending on the level of comprehension of my audience. Humour waters down the sensitivity of some issues. Euphemism is saying something that is very harsh in a mild way. I didn’t justify rape in any way,” he said.

He revealed that the grouse people had with him was largely because he likened rape to theft.

“The issue people had with what I said was that I likened rape to theft and that I said prostitutes do not have dignity. My assertion was to clarify the fact that raping a prostitute is theft and they don’t have dignity. My assertion is metaphorical. If I wanted to use a simile, I would say rape is like theft. Rape is taking a woman’s dignity without her consent. I don’t regret saying that prostitutes do not have dignity; no one would be proud to introduce themselves as a commercial sex hawker.

“I wanted to be fair in my analysis; I was trying to point out the fact that prostitution is a wrong act, so we shouldn’t be malicious by talking about only rape. Why are we canonising one criminal act and demonising the other? Both acts are morally wrong. I believe in humanism; as humans, we should observe the golden rule. I am not trying to say that I am a saint; in fact, I don’t want to be one so that there would be a difference between Jesus and me. It is unfortunate that some women were raped by policemen.

“I am not saying it serves them right, but I am also concerned about the immoral act; prostitution. The level of moral decadence in the country is worrisome. I even saw some public figures with verified social media accounts supporting the idea that prostitution should be legalised; I don’t want to call names. I won’t make comments about something insensitive like that. Rape is bad, but prostitution should be addressed as an issue as well,” he told Saturday Beats.

He further described his respect for women as inevitable, adding that he didn’t owe anyone an apology for his comments on prostitutes.

“Everybody around me is a woman; I have a wife and two daughters; my respect for women is inevitable. I am not going to be shaken; a prostitute is not a dignified person. According to Lucky Dube; ‘the terrible thing about the truth is that, when you say it, you always stand alone.’ I am brave enough to say the truth and nothing will happen to me. I don’t owe anyone an apology,” he added.

See more; http://gistmore.com/i-dont-regret-saying-prostitutes-have-no-dignity-okon-lagos
Okay oh...
Mean while....
Celebrate me..... Its my birthday

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Chinashopping84: 7:49am On May 25, 2019
Depends on what he meant by olosho......I believed he married his wife as a virgin...we ship your goods from China to Nigeria.check siggy
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by deavicky(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2019
Why is everyone complaining? When it is clear that no dignity in prostitution.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 7:51am On May 25, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

It is this generation's 'not my business' attitude being copied from the west that has led to the watering down of our pride and culture
pride and culture keh let me ask you a question is culture not dynamic does it not change like time? And besides is it not humans that make this culture? ..
the society is deteriorating because everyone is minding his business
The society has always been deteriorating and the mind my business attitude concerns how people want to live their private life..
people are now proud to steal and flaunt their ill gotten wealth because everyone is minding their business..no communal growth
There is no communal growth because the people and those in charge do not want it..
tell me if you will be proud to have a daughter grow up to be a prostitute? Unless you are one yourself.
If my daughter as an adult chooses to become a prostitute it is not my business or your own because I recognisebthe fact that she is an adult capable of making decisions and is not a replica of me. Girl would be living life on her own terms cool not on mama's terms cool

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by bukkysam(f): 7:51am On May 25, 2019
..iPhone 6plus on icloud locked for swap with manageable android. https:///2348029947417

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 7:51am On May 25, 2019
internationalman:
Why do Nigerians like judging one's way of earning a living..

One would also say you don't have a dignity for the kind of role you play in a movie sometimes..
Same way no one should judge a thief for his way of earning a living because life is all about earning a living . Decency does not mean anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by chima4UK(m): 7:52am On May 25, 2019
EllaCynthia:

Okay oh...
Mean while....
Celebrate me..... Its my birthday
Happy birthday Ella. Remain blessed.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by buchilino(m): 7:55am On May 25, 2019
Shelloween:
Like he doesn't patronise them.

NIGERIANS WILL ALWAYS LOOK 4 EXCUSES 2 DEFEND EVIL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by buchilino(m): 7:56am On May 25, 2019
Nukilia:
Enjoy your 30 minutes fame Mr Righteous Bishop Ime.... Me think you should shut your mouth because village people are watching you in 3D... cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by toolovely(m): 7:56am On May 25, 2019
Any guy condemning okon obviously patronise prostitutes.
Can you guys be brave to introduce your sisters or daughters mothers as prostitutes?
The fact still remains that prostitutes have no dignity. There's nothing like judging anyone. Evil is evil and it remains so.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by buchilino(m): 7:57am On May 25, 2019
13ShadesOfMay:
I thought this man foolishness, mumuism was restricted to movie making alone, little did I know that it was actually engraved in your DNA... Who are you to judging now?!

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by nobisgod: 7:58am On May 25, 2019
Too many prostitude and their patronizers on this thread encouraging immorality. God have mercy.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AgegeDanceChallenge: Tekno Challenges Fans To Dance As He Sets A N1m For Winner / Adekunle Gold Hosted By BBC World Service (Photos) / Bisola Aiyeola Stuns In Red And Black Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.