Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos (22754 Views)

I Don’t Regret Getting Married To Abounce – Yvonne Jegede / Prostitute And Imeh Bishop "Okon Lagos" & The N70k Sex Proposal (Photos) / Ime Bishop 'Okon Lagos’ Leaked DM, Whatsapp Messages With A Lady Surface Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by somehow: 3:43pm On May 25, 2019
Christians support prostitution more than any other religion in the world.

Nigerian Christians like me.

Praying God takes me away from the midst of a typical Nigerian Christian.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by ityP(m): 3:46pm On May 25, 2019
FreemanUYB:

you mustn't sleep with one before you will shameless
if you have ever slept with a girl that has slept with other guys then you are shameless

if you have slept with more than one girl you are super shameless
extra shameless!!!

Ok
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by ityP(m): 3:49pm On May 25, 2019
sweetrace:
Okon, prostitutes have no dignity. You’re absolutely right. But, they have rights. The policemen who raped them violated those rights instead of protecting them as citizens.

You are the only person who have said something sensible. This is what I expected people to call him out for. Not to be glorifying prostitution...

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by ityP(m): 3:52pm On May 25, 2019
Khaleell001:

The are definitely exceptions to the rule, but prostitution as a job is not in anywhere dignifying.
No woman who does it has her virtue intact.
A virtue that is for sale is no virtue.

Support OKons 100% on this.

it seems we have become too dense that we now sympathetize with people with the most queer character.

This sort of "mind your business " approach to issue is what is emboldening some lazy people to keep on doing what they do even when it is clearly wrong.

The idiocy in all these is, many of you think every thing the white man does is valid and reasonable hence we should do the same,but forgetting everyone has its own guiding principle.

You're right abeg. If my daughter chose prostitution as a job, I will disown her that moment. Some fools here are glorifying the shameful act. May their daughters be prostitutes... Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by ityP(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2019
tintingz:
Lol, don't confuse prostitution to fraudulent and thieves.

Prostitutes are not forcing anyone to have sex with them and pay them, since human need sex naturally, prostitutes offer those who are interested to patronize them as an advantage to earn money. And also prostitution has been a good service in the society, take prostitution away and see the increase in rape.

Yahoo Yahoo which is fraudulent and thieves is another thing entirely. Yahoo boys dupe people by scamming and tricking them, taking away their things, do you know how the victim will felt? Thieves forcefully take away your thing without your consent.

Now tell me, is prostitution same as fraudulent?

But like yahoo and stealing, it is illegal. Next
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 25, 2019
okon calabar, hmm so all those caly and ak girls you groove dont have dignity?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by okpanachipeter: 6:46pm On May 25, 2019
He is correct, prostitution is the worst thing a woman can do in life. So, both the prostitutes and their patronizers are shameless, and they lack integrity and dignity. Forget about the messanger and concentrate on the message.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by nzechu(m): 7:24pm On May 25, 2019
grandstar:

You made no comment
I have modified it
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by grandstar(m): 7:42pm On May 25, 2019
nzechu:
is it safe to say DT since people would also engage in killing, kidnapping and stealing, these vices should Also be regulated

Prostitution is different from kidnapping and stealing.

In prostitution, the parties involved are mutual beneficiaries in the transaction.

On the other hand. Stealing and kidnapping are strictly win lose transactions. Only one party gains while the other party loses out. It may even mean death.

Most importantly, prostitution is like a business though an immoral one.

There are advocates for instance of drugs legalisation for instance. Their argument is that making drugs illegal is simply handling control of the drug trade to criminals. The primary reason drugs are very expensive is that it's illegal. A kilo of cocaine goes for $1,000 in Bolivia but will hit $35,000 a kilo on American streets.

Legalise drugs and government can tax it heavily and drive the drug dealers out of business. Next, the tax revenues earned can be used to treat drug addicts. Presently , the drug wat is consuming resources by way of policing cost and putting hundreds of thousands of dealers behind bars. I'm talking from the American view.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Khaleell001(m): 9:39pm On May 25, 2019
ityP:

You're right abeg. If my daughter chose prostitution as a job, I will disown her that moment. Some fools here are glorifying the shameful act. May their daughters be prostitutes... Nonsense

May God not make our daughters or female relative have anything to do with prostitution.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by internationalman(m): 11:00pm On May 25, 2019
sweetrace:

But you know that you will believe what you want to believe. So, back to the topic, prostitutes do not have any dignity. Neither do those that patronize them. However, prostitutes have rights and the police infringed on and abused those rights.
Don't evade my question
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by sweetrace(f): 11:01pm On May 25, 2019
internationalman:

Don't evade my question

Seriously
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by internationalman(m): 11:02pm On May 25, 2019
sweetrace:

Seriously
I will only take you seriously when you give a direct answer to my question
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by seguno2: 4:22am On May 26, 2019
grandstar:
It is one thing to say prostitution is not dignifying profession and it's another thing to say they have no dignity. There is no way that will come out right.

I have never walked a mile in their shoes. I don't know where they are coming from.

A vast majority of prostitutes were coerced into it. They deserve pity. Many are sex slaves. They hate their existence more than Okon would ever imagine. Some are HIV positive. Others are dead from AIDS. Many carry all types of STD's. And many are in sexual, mental and physical bondage.

Many demand that the prostitutes change. Change is never easy for anyone especially if you've been involved in it so early in life and don't forget they were coerced. For others, prostitutes were the role models they had when growing up and see nothing wrong in the profession

Okon should realise that those who advocate for the legalisation of prostitution are only being pragmatic rather than living in denial.

In an immoral world that Okon said we live, people will always patronise prostitutes. It is better then to legalise it so it can be regulated. Monthly medical checkups on the ladies will bar those suffering from HIV and compel those suffering from any STD to get treated. It will also check the use of underaged girls. It will reduce a lot of the criminality associated with the industry.

I wish all prostitutes will change but I know this won't be the case.

Thanks for your comprehensive comment.
The (probably hypocrite) of a celebrity would be better off joining others to work on the highlighted areas instead of simply condemning people rather than their work.
Many thanks.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by obinnawhyte(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2019
internationalman:
Why do Nigerians like judging one's way of earning a living..

One would also say you don't have a dignity for the kind of role you play in a movie sometimes..
Truth be told some ways should be judged. You seem generalizing it here, so if it's stealing, killing ( rituals), fraud, etc are you also saying it shouldn't be judged. That prostitution is ok for you doesn't imply it should be for another or a honorable occupation. So don't judge people for their opinion about things. I don't support prostitution because I can't stand seeing my sister, girl child, etc as one and no prostitute wish to remain prostitute ( they're not really happy doing that) , hence no dignity in it
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Laurene: 10:43am On May 26, 2019
tintingz:
Lol, don't confuse prostitution to fraudulent and thieves.

Prostitutes are not forcing anyone to have sex with them and pay them, since human need sex naturally, prostitutes offer those who are interested to patronize them as an advantage to earn money. And also prostitution has been a good service in the society, take prostitution away and see the increase in rape.

Yahoo Yahoo which is fraudulent and thieves is another thing entirely. Yahoo boys dupe people by scamming and tricking them, taking away their things, do you know how the victim will felt? Thieves forcefully take away your thing without your consent.

Now tell me, is prostitution same as fraudulent?
but prostitution is a crime according to Nigerian law. isn't it?
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by tintingz(m): 11:59am On May 26, 2019
Laurene:
but prostitution is a crime according to Nigerian law. isn't it?

Then it should be legalized, any prostitution activities should be into registration, screening and licensed.

Some brothels and clubs are screened and licensed.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Laurene: 12:42pm On May 26, 2019
tintingz:

Then it should be legalized, any prostitution activities should be into registration, screening and licensed.

Some brothels and clubs are screened and licensed.
until then but for now prostitution is a crime with jail time penalty. crime na crime just like no sin is big or small in God's eyes.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by tintingz(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2019
Laurene:
until then but for now prostitution is a crime with jail time penalty. crime na crime just like no sin is big or small in God's eyes.

Lol, there are licensed clubs and brothels everywhere in Lagos and other southern states, why are they not penalized?

It's only illegal activities that's illegal, in the northern Nigeria prostitution is illegal due to sharia influence. The case of this thread happened in the North (Abuja).
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Laurene: 2:36pm On May 26, 2019
tintingz:

Lol, there are licensed clubs and brothels everywhere in Lagos and other southern states, why are they not penalized?

It's only illegal activities that's illegal, in the northern Nigeria prostitution is illegal due to sharia influence. The case of this thread happened in the North (Abuja).
oga calm down, you are confusing club with brothel. they are two different things. a club can be operated legally in most parts of the world but a brothel houses slüts which runs a prostitution ring so it's illegal that's why most times you hear of the police raiding sluthouses but less likely in a club unless they are operating illegally or indirectly conducting sex for money transactions... lol
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Laurene: 2:38pm On May 26, 2019
tintingz:

a club is where strippers operate while a brothel is for ashawos... mind you strippers are not prostitutes.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by nzechu(m): 3:04pm On May 26, 2019
grandstar:

Prostitution is different from kidnapping and stealing.

In prostitution, the parties involved are mutual beneficiaries in the transaction.

On the other hand. Stealing and kidnapping are strictly win lose transactions. Only one party gains while the other party loses out. It may even mean death.

Most importantly, prostitution is like a business though an immoral one.

There are advocates for instance of drugs legalisation for instance. Their argument is that making drugs illegal is simply handling control of the drug trade to criminals. The primary reason drugs are very expensive is that it's illegal. A kilo of cocaine goes for $1,000 in Bolivia but will hit $35,000 a kilo on American streets.

Legalise drugs and government can tax it heavily and drive the drug dealers out of business. Next, the tax revenues earned can be used to treat drug addicts. Presently , the drug wat is consuming resources by way of policing cost and putting hundreds of thousands of dealers behind bars. I'm talking from the American view.
I understand what you are saying but for argument sake, d people involved in kidnapping also take it as a business, they make money by releasing captives, win win situation for d the relatives and the kidnappers.

For argument sake if your wife mentioned to u that she would like to start prostitution as a business would u invest in it for her, that is get her all the clothing's required of such 'business'

Actually am trying to drive d point DT no matter how u wud want to see it as a transaction, it shouldn't be, it's a vice just like the other vices
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by tintingz(m): 3:05pm On May 26, 2019
Laurene:
oga calm down, you are confusing club with brothel. they are two different things. a club can be operated legally in most parts of the world but a brothel houses slüts which runs a prostitution ring so it's illegal that's why most times you hear of the police raiding sluthouses but less likely in a club unless they are operating illegally or indirectly conducting sex for money transactions... lol
You can find prostitutes in club house, you can take them home or to a guest house, there are rooms in some clubs.

There are clubs that has rooms where you can take prostitutes to have fun. And there are brothels openly known and licensed to operate but they don't call brothels, they usually call it a guest house.

The reasons the authorities raid some clubs and brothels are because they were not screened, illegal activities are run in this places, human traffic, sex slaves, drugs, underage girls etc are some reasons these places are raided. An approved club and brothels shouldn't violent this laws or it will be shut down.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by tintingz(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2019
Laurene:
a club is where strippers operate while a brothel is for ashawos... mind you strippers are not prostitutes.
Have you been to clubs before?
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by ityP(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2019
Laurene:

Thank u... If u are an ashawo, u're a criminal
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Insectkiller: 3:58pm On May 27, 2019
Well said...

Prostitutes can't be raped shocked.. because the pussyy grin is opened to be bleeped in d first place.

Police only bleeped them without payment.. that's stealing..

Okon is justified. grin grin grin shocked
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 27, 2019
internationalman:

Are you trying to say there's dignity in the illegal things you do.

Or are you trying to say you don't do anything illegal?

I said there is no dignity in illegality; What don't you understand about that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beyoncè, Miley Cyrus Win Big At The 2014 MTV Vma's: See The Complete List / How Gymnast Breaks Her JUMPSUIT While Watch How She Reacts In Front Of 2000 Fans / Tee Billz Birthday Message To Tiwa Savage As She Turns 36 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.