Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos (22747 Views)

I Don’t Regret Getting Married To Abounce – Yvonne Jegede / Prostitute And Imeh Bishop "Okon Lagos" & The N70k Sex Proposal (Photos) / Ime Bishop 'Okon Lagos’ Leaked DM, Whatsapp Messages With A Lady Surface Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by SoNature(m): 8:02am On May 25, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
That is why they are called, "women of little virtues".

And we have all laid with olosho disguised as babe.

I think the emboldened is capable of sparking a new wave of debate.
You see, let's face it, there are many girls, hundreds of thousands of them, who were willing to stay chaste until they marry.

But a guy comes into her life, studies and understands that she is impressionable and can toy with her emotions.
He actually does that, giving her one thousand and one reasons why he is her Prince Charming.

Some months down the line, she's deeply attached to this guy in a way that she cannot wean herself off him. And the guy finds out that she's in madly love, and he throws up a caveat: let me sleep with you or it is OVER!

Given that she is deeply involved with this dude and has shared unthinkable things with him, she reluctantly opens her legs to the guy. Afterwards, the guy 'makes her a woman' and walks away when the taste of the same 'honey pot' becomes monotonous and tasteless.

She's heartbroken, and the next guy comes, claiming to have the magic wand to drain her sorrows. Unfortunately, he does the same thing her ex did, and even adds insult to injury by calling her a cheap girl.

Although I am not saying there are no bad girls out there, most terribly bad girls you see today were once good girls whose paths crossed with those of bad boys.

Please let's be fair to women

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Gift84(f): 8:06am On May 25, 2019
Let whom is SIN free cast the first stone!

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Ejusni(m): 8:09am On May 25, 2019
Nukilia:
Enjoy your 30 minutes fame Mr Righteous Bishop Ime.... Me think you should shut your mouth because village people are watching you in 3D... cheesy cheesy

Not everyone patronise prostitutes like you.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 8:09am On May 25, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:

Define dignity.
They are adults whatever they choose to do with their body is no one else's shame.

Dignity, self respect, is lacking in anyone who offers his or her body in exchange for monetary gain.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Ejusni(m): 8:10am On May 25, 2019
kaen1317:
Okon should swear that he has never patronized a prostitute

Wetin dey worry una...not everyone lacks self dignity and training To go and patronise a sex worker..jeez!!
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Aidejay(m): 8:10am On May 25, 2019
My intention was not to comment initially because I don't care what this imp has to say but scrolling and seeing this thread at the top just pushed me to this comment section
Okon prostitution, armed robbery, terrorism and all other sins are the same thing in the eyes of "God"
If you have sinned today you don't have dignity you and a prostitute are both in the same boat

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 8:14am On May 25, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

So what if he did in the past? Does that make prostitution good?
So because you stole a pen in your primary school means you should look the other way when someone steals?
Because you did exam malpractice in school means you should look the other way when your wards do it?
Because you've committed fraud in the past means you should support Internet fraudsters of today?
You men speak from both sides of your mouth..

Bros its not speaking from both sides of the mouth, the problem here is stupidity and blunt idiocy, and as well, the alarming rate With which its growing in our country. Peruse some comments here and see for yourself.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 8:14am On May 25, 2019
iodineadamatine:

Dignity, self respect, is lacking in anyone who offers his or her body in exchange for monetary gain.
Tell that to the people who do it. If dignity help them.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by castro316: 8:15am On May 25, 2019
Prostitution like every other businesses encounter losses like bad biz fk and no pay rape ad other hazards like diseases. So if you don't want to be raped and not pitied, do not prostitute. Find a better business to do other than prostitution.
I ca see moral decadence in society e live in to pity a prostitute if you don't put yourself out there to have sex with 20 men a day why should I pity you if you get raped? If you do biz with me and don't pay, you are raping me of my earned money or my services so does you a fking prostitute
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by ityP(m): 8:22am On May 25, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:

Define dignity.
They are adults whatever they choose to do with their body is no one else's shame.

Dignity def.
The state of being dignified or worthy of esteem: elevation of mind or character.
No prostitute or persons patronizing them is worthy of esteem; or can be said to possess an elevation of character.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 8:23am On May 25, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:

Tell that to the people who do it. If dignity help them.

There would be no need to, as the gentle actor had said so to them already. No one is actually saying they should stop. Only telling them that they can't eat their cake and have it. If you must engage in prostitution know also that you have as much dignity as the commodity you by in the market, cheapened by the reality of having a pricetag. The policemen would have thought twice if they were not sex sellers. One can either have prostitution as a job or have dignity, you can't have both.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by vicfajeze: 8:23am On May 25, 2019
dhtml1818:
Since the P have no dignity, their dignity cannot be taken, so r.a.p.ing them is not taking away their dignity. Therefore police ra.pi.ng them have commited no crime -- that is what he is trying to tell us under all the big grammar.
He is m.a.d
U ARE TALKING BROS
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 8:23am On May 25, 2019
ityP:

Dignity def.
The state of being dignified or worthy of esteem: elevation of mind or character.
No prostitute or persons patronizing them is worthy of esteem; or can be said to possess an elevation of character.
OK.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 8:24am On May 25, 2019
iodineadamatine:

There would be no need to, as the gentle actor had said so to them already. No one is actually saying they should stop. Only telling them that they can't eat their cake and have. If you must engage in prostitution know also that you have as much dignity as the commodity you by in the market, cheapened by the reality of having a pricetag. The policemen would have thought twice if they were not sex sellers. One can either have prostitution as a job or has dignity, you can't have both.
OK.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by blowjohn(m): 8:25am On May 25, 2019
axcerin:
GistMore.com

Nollywood actor, Ime Bishop Umoh, popularly known as Okon Lagos, was recently criticised heavily for a video he posted about some policemen who allegedly raped some prostitutes in Abuja. In the video, he described what the policemen did as similar to stealing.

This evidently did not go down well with a lot of social media users, who accused him of justifying rape.

In an exclusive interview with Saturday Beats, the comic actor noted that he would never justify rape and stressed that the reason why he decided to comment on the issue was because he noticed that people were condemning the act of rape and ignoring the fact that prostitution was an immoral act.

“I live my life in such a way that I live for the best and hope for the worst so things hardly shock me. I saw the backlash coming but I didn’t know it was going to get that sort of attention. I saw it coming; I knew I might be misunderstood depending on the level of comprehension of my audience. Humour waters down the sensitivity of some issues. Euphemism is saying something that is very harsh in a mild way. I didn’t justify rape in any way,” he said.

He revealed that the grouse people had with him was largely because he likened rape to theft.

“The issue people had with what I said was that I likened rape to theft and that I said prostitutes do not have dignity. My assertion was to clarify the fact that raping a prostitute is theft and they don’t have dignity. My assertion is metaphorical. If I wanted to use a simile, I would say rape is like theft. Rape is taking a woman’s dignity without her consent. I don’t regret saying that prostitutes do not have dignity; no one would be proud to introduce themselves as a commercial sex hawker.

“I wanted to be fair in my analysis; I was trying to point out the fact that prostitution is a wrong act, so we shouldn’t be malicious by talking about only rape. Why are we canonising one criminal act and demonising the other? Both acts are morally wrong. I believe in humanism; as humans, we should observe the golden rule. I am not trying to say that I am a saint; in fact, I don’t want to be one so that there would be a difference between Jesus and me. It is unfortunate that some women were raped by policemen.

“I am not saying it serves them right, but I am also concerned about the immoral act; prostitution. The level of moral decadence in the country is worrisome. I even saw some public figures with verified social media accounts supporting the idea that prostitution should be legalised; I don’t want to call names. I won’t make comments about something insensitive like that. Rape is bad, but prostitution should be addressed as an issue as well,” he told Saturday Beats.

He further described his respect for women as inevitable, adding that he didn’t owe anyone an apology for his comments on prostitutes.

“Everybody around me is a woman; I have a wife and two daughters; my respect for women is inevitable. I am not going to be shaken; a prostitute is not a dignified person. According to Lucky Dube; ‘the terrible thing about the truth is that, when you say it, you always stand alone.’ I am brave enough to say the truth and nothing will happen to me. I don’t owe anyone an apology,” he added.

See more; http://gistmore.com/i-dont-regret-saying-prostitutes-have-no-dignity-okon-lagos

I think this man is mad.
Did he marry his wife a virgin?
Didn't other men mess around with her?
What's the difference between his wife before she got married to him and a prostitute in terms of dignity?
His head is not correct at all.
His explanation is even more annoying. He's mad.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by ityP(m): 8:25am On May 25, 2019
FreemanUYB:

just say we are all shameless!!!

I have never had sex with a prostitute and would never... If u have, u're as shameless as they are
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 8:33am On May 25, 2019
blowjohn:

I think this man is mad.
Did he marry his wife a virgin?
Didn't other men mess around with her?
What's the difference between his wife before she got married to him and a prostitute in terms of dignity?
His head is not correct at all.
His explanation is even more annoying. He's mad.

If I may, I think the only people that should find annoyance in the man's statement are people that engage in prostitution as a career, he's wife being a Virgin or not before marriage does not in anyway remove an iota of truth from the fact that prostitutes have no dignity or respect for themselves, reason why they were handled as such.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nukilia: 8:43am On May 25, 2019
Ejusni:

Not everyone patronise prostitutes like you.

Don't take personal... This is a publc forum cheesy

Enjoy your weekend
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Billy0naire(m): 8:44am On May 25, 2019
I have nothing against Prostitution, but I have something against Rape. The only concern I have about Prostitution is the spread of infection and the cost of good sex which has grown geometrically since pusssy is now used for fund-raising.

There are certain sexual fantasies that only the slay queens can offer, so for that reason, I truly think we should understand that prostitutes have their place in the society.

Without slay queens, our wives and girlfriends will reduce us to 'beggars of pussies' sometimes.

Have I ever patronize Prostitutes? Absolutely Yes, the very best and beautiful ones.
Will I patronize slay queens in the future? Motherfuccking Yes, I shall, if I feel too lonely any day, anytime.

Only hypocrites will deny the fact that some of their girlfriends are worst than prostitutes, just that they are coded.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Skyfornia(m): 8:45am On May 25, 2019
internationalman:
Why do Nigerians like judging one's way of earning a living..

One would also say you don't have a dignity for the kind of role you play in a movie sometimes..

I hope you didn't judge Evans?
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by nicepoker101(m): 8:48am On May 25, 2019
omocalabar:
U just ended up spitting gibberish, and nothing else
He made a lot of sense. May be you didn't comprehend. Why do some people supports what's bad. That's what you just did.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by gcof(m): 8:49am On May 25, 2019
ttshems:
Rape na Rape,
Thief na Thief,
Prostitution na Prostitution,
Yahoo na Yahoo
Corruption na Corruption
If u like support am or not
Bad thing na Bad thing
i second you
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Makuos19: 8:49am On May 25, 2019
nobisgod:
Too many prostitude and their patronizers on this thread encouraging immorality. God have mercy.

Also any woman dressing or looking like a Prostitute in her appearance has no dignity!!!!!!
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by gnykelly(m): 8:51am On May 25, 2019
ttshems:
Rape na Rape, Thief na Thief, Prostitution na Prostitution, Yahoo na Yahoo Corruption na Corruption If u like support am or not Bad thing na Bad thing
But stealing is not corruption
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by gcof(m): 8:52am On May 25, 2019
nicepoker101:
He made a lot of sense. May be you didn't comprehend. Why do some people supports what's bad. That's what you just did.
Some people you meet in Nigeria..a lot of people no longer have guts to speak againt what is evil, Simi’s and Marley’s remarks on fraud comes to mind

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by nicepoker101(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2019
SiobhanMeadow:

Define dignity.
If armed robbers invaded your home and cart away all your properties pls just sit back and relax they are adults using their body to do what's suits them. Is no one else's shame. grin

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by alphaNomega: 8:54am On May 25, 2019
dhtml1818:
Since the P have no dignity, their dignity cannot be taken, so r.a.p.ing them is not taking away their dignity. Therefore police ra.pi.ng them have commited no crime -- that is what he is trying to tell us under all the big grammar.
He is m.a.d

Nigeria government has made life so hard for you guys that you all missed the joke! Anyway, following your analogy

1. Raping them is not taking away their dignity - I agree with you

2. Therefore police raping them have committed no crime - I don't agree with you, they committed a crime of stealing!

You must either be too frustrated or too slow not to get this
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2019
Did anybody say prostitutes have dignity! I don't think someone in his right mind will say they have dignity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wizkid Celebrates His 26th Birthday Today / Nancy Isime Celebrates 27th Birthday With Beautiful Photos / "Succinct" The Cult Olamide And Phyno Belongs To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.