Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos (22752 Views)

I Don’t Regret Getting Married To Abounce – Yvonne Jegede / Prostitute And Imeh Bishop "Okon Lagos" & The N70k Sex Proposal (Photos) / Ime Bishop 'Okon Lagos’ Leaked DM, Whatsapp Messages With A Lady Surface Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by nzechu(m): 8:55am On May 25, 2019
grandstar:
It is one thing to say prostitution is not dignifying profession and it's another thing to say they have no dignity. There is no way that will come out right.

I have never walked a mile in their shoes. I don't know where they are coming from.

A vast majority of prostitutes were coerced into it. They deserve pity. Many are sex slaves. They hate their existence more than Okon would ever imagine. Some are HIV positive. Others are dead from AIDS. Many carry all types of STD's. And many are in sexual, mental and physical bondage.

Many demand that the prostitutes change. Change is never easy for anyone especially if you've been involved in it so early in life and don't forget they were coerced. For others, prostitutes were the role models they had when growing up and see nothing wrong in the profession

Okon should realise that those who advocate for the legalisation of prostitution are only being pragmatic rather than living in denial.

In an immoral world that Okon said we live, [/people will always patronise prostitutes. It is better then to legalise it so it can be regulated. Monthly medical checkups on the ladies will bar those suffering from HIV and compel those suffering from any STD to get treated. It will also check the use of underaged girls. It will reduce a lot of the criminality associated with the industry. To your bolded statement, is it also safe to say DT since people would also kidnap, steal, and kill, these vices should also be regulated

I wish all prostitutes will change but I know this won't be the case.

is it safe to say DT since people would also engage in killing, kidnapping and stealing, these vices should Also be regulated
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by nicepoker101(m): 8:58am On May 25, 2019
gcof:
Some people you meet in Nigeria..a lot of people no longer have guts to speak againt what is evil, Simi’s and Marley’s remarks on fraud comes to mind
It's getting very bad bro. They will curse the already corrupt police and politicians and same people will support Internet fraud.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by alphaNomega: 8:58am On May 25, 2019
careytommy37:
The man should have remained silent. This explanation has shown how parochial his mentality is.

His explanation was to bring the slow members of the populace up to speed but unfortunately it is as if they are slow for life.

People make jokes about worse crimes like murder and suicide yet we laugh about it. Ordinary fuçk wey the women they do on a normal na im d entire slow people dey vex
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by DerideGull(m): 9:00am On May 25, 2019
It is plan idiocy to say that a person has no dignity because of the line of his/her job. Every human being has dignity. It is only in Africa that this flash of ignorance is very common.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by alphaNomega: 9:02am On May 25, 2019
All you mótherfuckers vexing because Okon stated the obvious "ashewo no get dignity" marry an ashewo or allow your brother get married to one let us know how dignifying it is.

I know you would love to marry one or let your sibling have one as a spouse. Dolts angry

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Makuos19: 9:03am On May 25, 2019
DerideGull:
It is plan idiocy to say that a person has no dignity because of the line of his/her job. Every human being has dignity. It is only in Africa that this flash of ignorance is very common.

Also any woman dressing or looking like a Prostitute in her appearance has no dignity!!!!!!
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 9:05am On May 25, 2019
You are 100% right...moral decadence is alarming...they get no respect from me too.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 9:06am On May 25, 2019
DerideGull:
Allow your daughter do the job then...how can you call it a job...it is what moral decadent,lazy people resort to. Stop encouraging nonsense...do you know 70% of our ladies in urban areas are resorting to prostitution, it is going to be an epidemic soon...

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by grandstar(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2019
[quote author=nzechu post=78698900][/quote]

You made no comment
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Makuos19: 9:18am On May 25, 2019
distributeinc:

Allow your daughter do the job then...how can you call it a job...it is what moral decadent,lazy people resort to. Stop encouraging nonsense...do you know 70% of our ladies in urban areas are resorting to prostitution, it is going to be an epidemic soon...

Also any woman/girl dressing or looking like a Prostitute in her appearance has no dignity!!!!!!
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 9:19am On May 25, 2019
Makuos19:

Also any woman/girl dressing or looking like a Prostitute in her appearance has no dignity!!!!!!
I didn't say looking like...Okon said prostitutes have no dignity, which I completely agree with him.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Makuos19: 9:22am On May 25, 2019
distributeinc:

I didn't say looking like...Okon said prostitutes have no dignity, which I completely agree with him.

But Prostitutes are known by their dressing/outlook.... (Proverbs 7:10, Genesis 38:15)
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by seangy4konji: 9:22am On May 25, 2019
Howbmany times arwnyou going to repeat this news.

I think some people pay you new media to purposely try to make someone look terrible in public view..

Cos the re post is unnecessary
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by cardoctor(m): 9:24am On May 25, 2019
Even in real life he doesn't have sense.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by 989900: 9:34am On May 25, 2019
Ode ni boboi sha!
#hypocrisyhour
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by rafindo(m): 9:34am On May 25, 2019
13ShadesOfMay:
I thought this man foolishness, mumuism was restricted to movie making alone, little did I know that it was actually engraved in your DNA... Who are you to judging now?!

If we are not to judge then what is the essence for having laws and rule,if it not meant to bring sanity.
I swear your reasoning is in chaos mood.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by FreemanUYB(m): 9:35am On May 25, 2019
ityP:

I have never had sex with a prostitute and would never... If u have, u're as shameless as they are

you mustn't sleep with one before you will shameless
if you have ever slept with a girl that has slept with other guys then you are shameless

if you have slept with more than one girl you are super shameless
extra shameless!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by fishguide(m): 9:37am On May 25, 2019
EllaCynthia:

Okay oh...
Mean while....
Celebrate me..... Its my birthday

Happy birthday... Long life in good health and wealth
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 9:38am On May 25, 2019
what is the different between a commercial prostitute and the prostitutes we call our "girlfriends"

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Jowanson: 9:50am On May 25, 2019
axcerin:
GistMore.com

Nollywood actor, Ime Bishop Umoh, popularly known as Okon Lagos, was recently criticised heavily for a video he posted about some policemen who allegedly raped some prostitutes in Abuja. In the video, he described what the policemen did as similar to stealing.

This evidently did not go down well with a lot of social media users, who accused him of justifying rape.

In an exclusive interview with Saturday Beats, the comic actor noted that he would never justify rape and stressed that the reason why he decided to comment on the issue was because he noticed that people were condemning the act of rape and ignoring the fact that prostitution was an immoral act.

“I live my life in such a way that I live for the best and hope for the worst so things hardly shock me. I saw the backlash coming but I didn’t know it was going to get that sort of attention. I saw it coming; I knew I might be misunderstood depending on the level of comprehension of my audience. Humour waters down the sensitivity of some issues. Euphemism is saying something that is very harsh in a mild way. I didn’t justify rape in any way,” he said.

He revealed that the grouse people had with him was largely because he likened rape to theft.

“The issue people had with what I said was that I likened rape to theft and that I said prostitutes do not have dignity. My assertion was to clarify the fact that raping a prostitute is theft and they don’t have dignity. My assertion is metaphorical. If I wanted to use a simile, I would say rape is like theft. Rape is taking a woman’s dignity without her consent. I don’t regret saying that prostitutes do not have dignity; no one would be proud to introduce themselves as a commercial sex hawker.

“I wanted to be fair in my analysis; I was trying to point out the fact that prostitution is a wrong act, so we shouldn’t be malicious by talking about only rape. Why are we canonising one criminal act and demonising the other? Both acts are morally wrong. I believe in humanism; as humans, we should observe the golden rule. I am not trying to say that I am a saint; in fact, I don’t want to be one so that there would be a difference between Jesus and me. It is unfortunate that some women were raped by policemen.

“I am not saying it serves them right, but I am also concerned about the immoral act; prostitution. The level of moral decadence in the country is worrisome. I even saw some public figures with verified social media accounts supporting the idea that prostitution should be legalised; I don’t want to call names. I won’t make comments about something insensitive like that. Rape is bad, but prostitution should be addressed as an issue as well,” he told Saturday Beats.

He further described his respect for women as inevitable, adding that he didn’t owe anyone an apology for his comments on prostitutes.

“Everybody around me is a woman; I have a wife and two daughters; my respect for women is inevitable. I am not going to be shaken; a prostitute is not a dignified person. According to Lucky Dube; ‘the terrible thing about the truth is that, when you say it, you always stand alone.’ I am brave enough to say the truth and nothing will happen to me. I don’t owe anyone an apology,” he added.

See more; http://gistmore.com/i-dont-regret-saying-prostitutes-have-no-dignity-okon-lagos

Gbam! Correct guy! I stand with you on this....Prostitutes don't have dignity and that is the plain truth. No apologies!

When you see how they behave in their den is that how proper ladies should behave?

If there are no prostitutes, there will be no men patronizing them.

So no one should come and justify this act however old it may be..what is wrong is wrong and what is bad is bad! Am not judging. There is no dignity in act of prostituting.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Laurene: 9:55am On May 25, 2019
bibiking7:

Another way to put it is that, if the police had offered the ladies money for the sex, it would have been okay. The only reason why it's rape is because money did not exchange hands. Taking something that is for sale without paying is theft. Which is what okon believes to have happened.
The bone of contention is dignity. He is entitled to his opinion.

exactly what people failed to understand in him... trust Nigerians with over sentimentality..
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Summerbody: 9:55am On May 25, 2019
Okon tell your wife to use the domestic BROOM to loose postpartum fat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGWITo8t11k
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by MartinsD12(m): 9:56am On May 25, 2019
axcerin:
GistMore.com

Nollywood actor, Ime Bishop Umoh, popularly known as Okon Lagos, was recently criticised heavily for a video he posted about some policemen who allegedly raped some prostitutes in Abuja. In the video, he described what the policemen did as similar to stealing.

This evidently did not go down well with a lot of social media users, who accused him of justifying rape.

In an exclusive interview with Saturday Beats, the comic actor noted that he would never justify rape and stressed that the reason why he decided to comment on the issue was because he noticed that people were condemning the act of rape and ignoring the fact that prostitution was an immoral act.

“I live my life in such a way that I live for the best and hope for the worst so things hardly shock me. I saw the backlash coming but I didn’t know it was going to get that sort of attention. I saw it coming; I knew I might be misunderstood depending on the level of comprehension of my audience. Humour waters down the sensitivity of some issues. Euphemism is saying something that is very harsh in a mild way. I didn’t justify rape in any way,” he said.

He revealed that the grouse people had with him was largely because he likened rape to theft.

“The issue people had with what I said was that I likened rape to theft and that I said prostitutes do not have dignity. My assertion was to clarify the fact that raping a prostitute is theft and they don’t have dignity. My assertion is metaphorical. If I wanted to use a simile, I would say rape is like theft. Rape is taking a woman’s dignity without her consent. I don’t regret saying that prostitutes do not have dignity; no one would be proud to introduce themselves as a commercial sex hawker.

“I wanted to be fair in my analysis; I was trying to point out the fact that prostitution is a wrong act, so we shouldn’t be malicious by talking about only rape. Why are we canonising one criminal act and demonising the other? Both acts are morally wrong. I believe in humanism; as humans, we should observe the golden rule. I am not trying to say that I am a saint; in fact, I don’t want to be one so that there would be a difference between Jesus and me. It is unfortunate that some women were raped by policemen.

“I am not saying it serves them right, but I am also concerned about the immoral act; prostitution. The level of moral decadence in the country is worrisome. I even saw some public figures with verified social media accounts supporting the idea that prostitution should be legalised; I don’t want to call names. I won’t make comments about something insensitive like that. Rape is bad, but prostitution should be addressed as an issue as well,” he told Saturday Beats.

He further described his respect for women as inevitable, adding that he didn’t owe anyone an apology for his comments on prostitutes.

“Everybody around me is a woman; I have a wife and two daughters; my respect for women is inevitable. I am not going to be shaken; a prostitute is not a dignified person. According to Lucky Dube; ‘the terrible thing about the truth is that, when you say it, you always stand alone.’ I am brave enough to say the truth and nothing will happen to me. I don’t owe anyone an apology,” he added.

See more; http://gistmore.com/i-dont-regret-saying-prostitutes-have-no-dignity-okon-lagos
There is no dignity in prostitution that's the bitter truth whether those Oloshos like it or not
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nobody: 9:59am On May 25, 2019
Okon is right!

I heard about the brouhaha involving the prostitutes arrested in Abuja, it was said that these ladies of easy virtue recounted their ordeal in the hands of some of the officers where they were even molested and dispossessed of their personal effects. They were even raped by these policemen who sometimes used "pure water sachets" as make-shift condoms. This goes a long way to show that their is no gain in prostitution no matter what.

For a man not to give you as a lady the dignity of buying a packet of condom for well below N100 to have his way with you means alot! If only they can sit, think and retrace their steps! Not trying to justify what the policemen did but hey...there is dignity in labor.

Some ladies out there engage themselves in one form of legal vocation like hair dressing, tailoring, petty trade and they still survive! Work hard as a young woman and God will bless the works of your hand rather than "slaying with your body" and end up being humiliated!
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by tintingz(m): 10:00am On May 25, 2019
StoneLucifer:
How can a public tool have dignity. A tool every d1ck and harry of all manner penetrates. Tufiakwa!! Those encouraging prostitution are crazy.
There's no dignity in sex, sex is just natural and people are free to have sex the way they want to(we're just higher animals having sex like every other animals do), some people have turn this sex is dignity into a cliché.

It's the "human rights" that has to be respected as long as it doesn't hurt a fellow human, a prostitutes should have her rights regardless of what she do/does has earning infact she's doing a good service to the society, take prostitution away and see the rate of rape increases.

If prostitution is to be fully legalized to reduce rape, I fully support it.
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Laurene: 10:02am On May 25, 2019
Billy0naire:
I have nothing against Prostitution, but I have something against Rape. The only concern I have about Prostitution is the spread of infection and the cost of good sex which has grown geometrically since pusssy is now used for fund-raising.

There are certain sexual fantasies that only the slay queens can offer, so for that reason, I truly think we should understand that prostitutes have their place in the society.

Without slay queens, our wives and girlfriends will reduce us to 'beggars of pussies' sometimes.

Have I ever patronize Prostitutes? Absolutely Yes, the very best and beautiful ones.
Will I patronize slay queens in the future? Motherfuccking Yes, I shall, if I feel too lonely any day, anytime.

Only hypocrites will deny the fact that some of their girlfriends are worst than prostitutes, just that they are coded.

yes prostitutes should havea place in the society just like yahoo boys and thieves should also..
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by varicszoe: 10:07am On May 25, 2019
ttshems:
Rape na Rape,
Thief na Thief,
Prostitution na Prostitution,
Yahoo na Yahoo
Corruption na Corruption
If u like support am or not
Bad thing na Bad thing
Atleast some one His here that can support the truth...God Bless You

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Billy0naire(m): 10:08am On May 25, 2019
Laurene:
yes prostitutes should havea place in the society just like yahoo boys and thieves should also..

Have you ever fu,cked and expected money from your boyfriend, if Yes, it is called Prostitution.

Have you ever taken money or meat from the home of your parents or lover without informing them? It is theft.

Have you ever used Whatsapp, or any social media app to chat and request for money from someone while lying about the purpose? It is Yahoo Yahoo.

I know you are perfect, but I do not aspire to be perfect, in fact, perfection is boring.

So, Yes, I do not like Rape, but do not take away the Prostitutes and Slay Queens. Men know how important those girls are, once in a while.

I have no reason to pretend, not to you, not to God, not to Lucifer and certainly not to myself.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by Nweike1: 10:12am On May 25, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
That is why they are called, "women of little virtues".

And we have all laid with olosho disguised as babe.

You too much
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by flames01: 10:13am On May 25, 2019
Shelloween:
Like he doesn't patronise them.

Because he patronises them doesn't mean they have dignity. How will you feel if your sister or daughter introduces herself as a prostitute in the open?
Re: I Don’t Regret Saying Prostitutes Have No Dignity – Okon Lagos by tintingz(m): 10:15am On May 25, 2019
Laurene:
Lol, don't confuse prostitution to fraudulent and thieves.

Prostitutes are not forcing anyone to have sex with them and pay them, since human need sex naturally, prostitutes offer those who are interested to patronize them as an advantage to earn money. And also prostitution has been a good service in the society, take prostitution away and see the increase in rape.

Yahoo Yahoo which is fraudulent and thieves is another thing entirely. Yahoo boys dupe people by scamming and tricking them, taking away their things, do you know how the victim will felt? Thieves forcefully take away your thing without your consent.

Now tell me, is prostitution same as fraudulent?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija’s Neo Settles Beef With Venita Amid Breakup Rumour With Vee (Video) / "Succinct" The Cult Olamide And Phyno Belongs To / Burnaboy Allegedly Assaults A Salesgirl In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.