Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,015 members, 7,835,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... - Crime (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... (3092947 Views)

"New Generational" Aye Cult Member Addresses His Colleagues In A Viral Video / Ikorodu Cult Group Kills A Rival Cult Member (Disturbing Video) / My Story As A Cult Member, Initiation Phase Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (644) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Fistop: 9:49am On Apr 11, 2020
If Benue is this hot as we are reading here, why can't they gather together and chase out the Fulani herdsmen there? Just thinking aloud.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by GreenArrow1(m): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2020
Fistop:
If Benue is this hot as we are reading here, why can't they gather together and chase out the Fulani herdsmen there? Just thinking aloud.

That is more evidence to tell you that cultism is useless to the society. It only benefits the evil ones against the benefit of general society.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Kenturkey048(m): 10:24am On Apr 11, 2020
NoBones:

It's well, God will Provide all your hearts desire according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus......
God Bless you
Amen my brother....same prayers for you too...

4 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by voyy: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2020
veteranExboy:

You guys should read before commenting.I never suggested that cultism is non existent.Like your point here about your guy; the event didn't happen to you in person but your friend, which leaves room for scrutiny that if investigated may be found to be true,half true or entirely false.Just because white men visit a native doctors shrine doesn't validate anything.White people also believe in astronomy which is unscientific and baseless.

I called that guys write up on juju fiction because I've heard same story way back in secondary School same way some myths like madam koskos one shoe was wide spread amongst children in my childhood days.

Do you know a lot of people are using third party expression to talk about some experiences? No need arguing with you, its a waste of time.

20 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by xtremerules: 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
Guys abeg, make una die this juju fiction matter. veteranexboy, no need to argue again. your point has been made. forward ever.

3 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2020

7 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
Fistop:
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha.....Don't mind them they are all cowards...

I remember this incidence that year that Benue state was hit very hard by the Fulani herdsmen and the state decided to do a mass burial for the deceased and the federal Government said"No"

The Governor of Benue State went ahead with his plan and the mass burial took place, so this enraged the Hausa's in Benue because according to them there were pockets of reprisals in parts of Makurdi and the Government didn't not respond.....That was how this Hausa guys from wadata to Mai Adikpo down to Ikeja street (Arab Squad zone) came out and started burning Tiv houses and all that.

You need to hear gunshots that day as some of the this Hausa guys were even exchanging gun fire with our security personnel, all the strong men in Wadata and Around that Naka Street Area ran to Adikpo street down to NUJ House since that was the safest Haven for them, if you read in our write up you will see that Area Adikpo street down to NUJ House is a strong hold for the SVC in Makurdi, then Wadata, Naka Street NBM.......The first time in Makurdi history NBM and SVC guys team up to fight.

Na so when these boys move from Ikeja street dey shoot gun come na so egede men and Vikings dey run Helter skelter for their lives oooo, so they now came together oboy wetin you get for inside house, na so one guy for my area run enter house go commot with kitchen knife, another one go bring him papa old cuttlass, some go the bring stick and stones.

Na so we Jew Men fall out go laugh them small come back ooooo, we been just dey ask amongst ourselves say where all the guns and cuttlass wey these boys dey carry chase themselves for street wey Dem no dey allow us rest for area.........

That thing been teach so many of us lesson......Na cowards all cultists be

43 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
Bonesbrigante:
This happened in gyado villa , makurdi.
I left that area on this very day an hour later this happened.
As a student in makurdi . U have to be aware at all times.
I avoid social gatherings alot even as a jew you will just be living in fear.

I also attended BSU and I must confess that this issues of Cultism in that Gyado Villa was not that rampart in BSU and it's environs those days, it's not like there were no cultists there but the issue is that the then Vice Chancellor BSU who took the University to it's enviable heights as the best state University in Nigeria that time was a no nonsense man, after the killing of Kiniki K4 in Benue State University that year so many measures were put in place to check mate cult activities in the University and it's environs known as " Off K" since so many students were also staying off K.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
Continued......
Most of the Vice Chancellors that came after Prof David Ker were just after only infrastructure and neglected this very important aspect of check mating Cultism.

Then in school we had this GST in second semester 100 Level ( Philosophy and Logic) the major part of that course we were taught about Cultism, it's origin in Nigeria, types of cult groups in Nigeria, there colours, mode of innitiation, greetings, handshake, slangs(language), names they call God, how to identify a Cultist and what to do if they are troubling you, there was this book we were given during our screening" catch them young" I have forgotten the name of the author.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Bonesbrigante: 2:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
NoBones:

I also attended BSU and I must confess that this issues of Cultism in that Gyado Villa was not that rampart in BSU and it's environs those days, it's not like there were no cultists there but the issue is that the then Vice Chancellor BSU who took the University to it's enviable heights as the best state University in Nigeria that time was a no nonsense man, after the killing of Kiniki K4 in Benue State University that year so many measures were put in place to check mate cult activities in the University and it's environs known as " Off K" since so many students were also staying off K.
Now gyado villa is a haven of cultist. 70% of bsu students are cultist

2 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Bonesbrigante: 2:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Bonesbrigante: 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
this one happened right inside school campus. 18years after kiniki's death . this happened opposite school library around 7pm when we were preparing for exams school was filled.
strong men retailation. they shot in the air everybody around that premises fled.
they now used axe to cut him severally

2 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Bonesbrigante: 2:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Crazy

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
Continued.........
Then to get admission into Benue State University was another thing and to pass through the screening was another thing, then while collecting your papers for screening they will take time to look at you very well, I remember what happened to this young guy then having waited on the line for hours only for him to reach there and was almost screened out, what happened was that he had this hand band on and when he was asked what's that for the young man was reluctant to explain or just remove it and throw away, we had to come to his aid to help him plead but the man said he should go to the security Dept and explain to them the meaning of the hand band, I never saw him again till we graduated I just hope he was able to make it.

Those days the fear of BSU security was the beginning of wisdom, any guy that threatened you then just report him to school security fast and he will have the rest of his days of campus to regret, when you are made to come to the security Dept every morning to sign in and also when you are going you come around to sign out, by the time you are made to sign an undertaking that if anything bad happens to the student you will be held responsible.

BSU and it's environs was cold then like Ice water,then we could walk any time of the day from from first camp to second camp through "Damascus" without the fear of anybody pouncing on you.

24 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
Continued...........
There was only one or two incidence I could recore but death was not involved,one was inside the campus and the other outside the campus.

The one outside the campus was when some SVC guys came to threat one of their members on doing, news went round that the said guy was sent for an assignment and he went and messed up, the said guy was even in my department, they were outside one gin joint outside second camp around 11:30pm thereabouts when these guys came and shot at him in close range the the shot got him on the leg he stood up ran into some bushes and the guys didn't follow him and so dey drove close to the security gate and shot into the school premises for like 10mins unchallenged and they now drove away, no police patrol even came around.

The second incidence was also in the second camp when some guys came and stabbed someone in that management science park, the guy ran towards the hostel and his assailants didn't bother to pursue, we came and could only trace the blood to a certain place where it stopped and we didn't see the person that was stabbed or the girl that was with him to ask what happened.

Save for this two incidence and some robbery cases outside the campus which to me might not be cult related, BSU and it's environs was very peaceful.

12 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Bonesbrigante: 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
NoBones:
Continued...........
There was only one or two incidence I could recore but death was not involved,one was inside the campus and the other outside the campus.

The one outside the campus was when some SVC guys came to threat one of their members on doing, news went round that the said guy was sent for an assignment and he went and messed up, the said guy was even in my department, they were outside one gin joint outside second camp around 11:30pm thereabouts when these guys came and shot at him in close range the the shot got him on the leg he stood up ran into some bushes and the guys didn't follow him and so dey drove close to the security gate and shot into the school premises for like 10mins unchallenged and they now drove away, no police patrol even came around.

The second incidence was also in the second camp when some guys came and stabbed someone in that management science park, the guy ran towards the hostel and his assailants didn't bother to pursue, we came and could only trace the blood to a certain place where it stopped and we didn't see the person that was stabbed or the girl that was with him to ask what happened.

Save for this two incidence and some robbery cases outside the campus which to me might not be cult related, BSU and it's environs was very peaceful.
Today Bsu is a serious warzone.. 2nd camp is where most of the cultist are especially NBM.. when you walk around Off campus , some people will be staring at you like they want to come and cut off ya head.. i use to wear glasses steady to avoid eye contacts in my 100level it was that bad

7 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by harakiri(m): 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
Cultism will not disappear anytime soon. Its already ingrained and rooted deep in our society. A lot of gangstas run away to European countries. I am yet to hear of NBM members chasing Vicki boys in campuses over there. Why? Tight security amongst other things.

The OP and a few others are in law enforcement agencies...I respect what the OP has done but in saner climes, I doubt if he would have made it into the DSS after screening. We have little to no database in Nigeria.

All the same great work...SAYNOTOCULTISM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
Continued.......
Just last month here a student was even killed in first camp close to the library and a host of others that were killed due to Cultism, it's not enough to ban some weird type of dressings on and hairstyles on campus, the school authorities should go back and review some of Prof David Kers policies that helped him to reduce and curtail the activities of these blood sucking demons in his tenure as the Vice Chancellor of Benue State University.
Enough is Enough.
#Shuncultism

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Bonesbrigante: 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
NoBones:
Continued.......
Just last month here a student was even killed in first camp close to the library and a host of others that were killed due to Cultism, it's not enough to ban some weird type of dressings on and hairstyles on campus, the school authorities should go back and review some of Prof David Kers policies that helped him to reduce and curtail the activities of these blood sucking demons in his tenure as the Vice Chancellor of Benue State University.
Enough is Enough.
#Shuncultism

2 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
Bonesbrigante:

This very picture is that of the Political Science student that was killed on campus by Cultists around the school library, Bro it's so pathetic BSU was not like this ooooo, if you remember around that 2004 that the went to innitiate some guys around one village at that Air Force Base that the villagers went and called Police, that night police bursted them and a host of them were arrested, the school authorities came and were able to identify the students amongst them and they were expelled immediately.

5 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Some ways of curbing Cultism on our University campuses.

1- There has to be a synergy between our Universities both public and Private, they should have a forum where the dean's of student affairs and Security department meet yearly to review cases of students who are expelled on cult related activities and check the profile of the new intakes in each of the universities.

Why am saying this is that in that 2003 when Kiniki K4 was killed, all the students who were expelled that period from BSU in relation to the cult activities, an almanac was(calenders) were distributed to various universities in the North Central at that time, for instance I remember going to Kogi state University in 2004 to check a friend I saw the poster In the security post at the University gate.

2- There should be a good working relationship between the various school security department and the Nigerian police where the schools should be meeting at least on a quarterly bases with the school authorities to review the security situation on the various campuses and the police will also furnish the school authorities with a list of suspected cultists for the authorities to review and see if some students or prospective students are involved.

Please you can add yours
Thank you

12 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by jmaine: 5:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
This may account for the gun proliferation in Benue State.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/amp/tori-47797254?__twitter_impression=true
Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
Like I suggested earlier on if there is a synergy between universities in Nigeria this Menance on our campuses will reduce drastically, for instance the incidence I gave above of those Cult boys that were bursted in Makurdi during innitiation, the police would done us good by publishing the names of some of those cultists and a list of the the ones who are students published in the various notice board of every department in tertiary institution and security Dept for everybody to see and stay clear of this students.

some of these guys who were bursted during innitiation, those among them who were recognize to be students of BSU or University of Agriculture Makurdi were expelled from school and this guys moved on and immediately some wrote JAMB and proceeded to either Kogi state University or Nassarawa State University, University of Jos or some even came far north to continue their education.

If there is a synergy between this universities some of these bad eggs won't be readmitted into any higher institution to continue their nefarious activities.

My question is that do our law enforcement agencies or Government authorities see Cultism as a crime?

Do we see Cultism as a crime like armed robbery or ritualism, or drug abuse?

I like to call on various Governments and higher institutions of learning to take the gauntlet and proscribe these cult groups in our land.
God Bless you

15 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Teeboy15(m): 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
NoBones:
Like I suggested earlier on if there is a synergy between universities in Nigeria this Menance on our campuses will reduce drastically, for instance the incidence I gave above of those Cult boys that were bursted in Makurdi during innitiation, the police would done us good by publishing the names of some of those cultists and a list of the the ones who are students published in the various notice board of every department in tertiary institution and security Dept for everybody to see and stay clear of this students.

some of these guys who were bursted during innitiation, those among them who were recognize to be students of BSU or University of Agriculture Makurdi were expelled from school and this guys moved on and immediately some wrote JAMB and proceeded to either Kogi state University or Nassarawa State University, University of Jos or some even came far north to continue their education.

If there is a synergy between this universities some of these bad eggs won't be readmitted into any higher institution to continue their nefarious activities.

My question is that do our law enforcement agencies or Government authorities see Cultism as a crime?

I like to call on various Governments and higher institutions of learning to take the gauntlet and proscribe these cult groups in our land.
God Bless you

Bro I admire your passion about putting an end to this menace.

However, the point you mentioned about universities working in synergy to ensure expelled cultist don't get to continue with their studies in another vanity may not happen.

Three reasons:

1. We have a very poor data base system in this country.
Almost zero

2. In Nigeria, cult related cases are not adequately
investigated. You hardly see a case where someone was
convicted by a court for cultism. Sometimes police
falsely tag innocent people as cultist, just by being at
the wrong place at the wrong time. Not just that, they
carry out illegal raid and pick up innocent students
sleeping at home then tag them cultist, especially
during hits. In some cases the school authority get wind
of the situation, institute a panel (in absentia) and
decide the fate of the students.

2. Even if the real cultists are fished out and expelled, our
university system has been long compromised with the
spiralling of bungalow universities springing up
everyday like polling units, all in the name of 'private
uni'. These days you see these schools advertising that
even if you scored 15 in jamb, come and buy form. As
long as you have the money to pay fees you're good to
go. Save for government institutions and some microscopic few
private varsities, the worse cultists would keep moving
from school to school until they finally graduate. That's
if death doesn't come

10 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Teeboy15(m): 7:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
NoBones:

God Bless you

Bro I admire your passion about putting an end to this menace.

However, the point you mentioned about universities working in synergy to ensure expelled cultist don't get to continue with their studies in another varsity may not happen.

Three reasons:

1. We have a very poor data base system in this country.
Almost zero

2. In Nigeria, cult related cases are not adequately
investigated. You hardly see a case where someone was
convicted by a court for cultism. Sometimes police
falsely tag innocent people as cultist, just by being at
the wrong place at the wrong time. Not just that, they
carry out illegal raid and pick up innocent students
sleeping at home then tag them cultist, especially
during hits. In some cases the school authority get wind
of the situation, institute a panel (in absentia) and
decide the fate of the students.

2. Even if the real cultists are fished out and expelled, our
university system has been long compromised with the
spiralling of bungalow universities springing up
everyday like polling units, all in the name of 'private
uni'. These days you see these schools advertising that
even if you scored 15 in jamb, come and buy form. As
long as you have the money to pay fees you're good to
go. Save for government institutions and some
microscopic few private varsities, the worse cultists would keep moving from school to school until they finally graduate. That's if death doesn't come.

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Teeboy15(m): 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
So the koko still remain that more stringent measures aside expulsion should be taken on such unscrupulous elements in our society. A 10 year prison time, without option of fine should be passed to law in order to make it less attractive.

If you check very well, cultism is the bane of 98% of societal ills.

Yahoo cartel, mostly cultist.
Drug cartel, cultist
Robbery, cultists
Kidnapping, cultist
The list goes on and on...

14 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
@Teeboy15 as painful as this Menance is to our society and some of us will do anything to see that it's reduced drastically, all what you said is just the whole truth, our prayers is that God should purge our land.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
NoBones:
@Teeboy15 our prayers is that God should purge our land

AMEN

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Sterope(f): 11:04am On Apr 12, 2020
Don't mind them. It is intuition, many people have that. By the nature of what he does and his personality, it is not surprising that it got stronger.

It is also what is called Holy spirit. It doesn't require having faith in any religion.

hustla:
Quick question

Almost everyone who has told a story or two has talked about using Juju or My or Muyen as they call them.. And they have said it protects them or gives them signals or warns them etc

For example, saynotocultism talked about that time he was having his bath and it gave him signal to leave immediately. Someone else said his leg would start itching him anytime sometimes was to happen to him

For Someone that finds its difficult to believe a lot of spiritual stuff, can someone explain how true these things are.

What happens when the other person who's coming for you also has the exact type of what you have? What then Happens? What if the my fails? Your own don be?

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 12, 2020
NoBones:

God Bless you
LOL,my dear, about 10 senior lecturers in my school are members of different frats. though,NBM dominated the school other frats like SVC,Kegite,Apache and SEC still operate in the school with those lecturers heading them.
I got to know these because in my school they don't hide any of their activities, jara,jolly,matter, and so on.

The lecturers always sat with them while observing all these.

To crown it all,the school security committee are headed by these lecturers.
When I think it's save I would like to share my encounter with them and police involved.

5 Likes

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 12, 2020
A friend of mine just posted this in his status on WhatsApp, can you imagine what this guy re doing to themselves. Gosh
#saynotocultist

1 Like

Re: My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included... by NoBones: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
EDDYBABA01:
A friend of mine just posted this in his status on WhatsApp, can you imagine what this guy re doing to themselves. Gosh
#saynotocultist
Graphic.........God should heal our land oooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (644) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.