Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) (74183 Views)

World's Highest Infinity Pool Opens On 50th Floor Of Palm Tower In Dubai(Photos) / China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel / Plane Crashes Into Parked Helicopters Near Mount Everest, Kills 3 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by dehi: 10:17pm On May 28, 2019
nicepoker101:
A lot of inventions led to death and today we are benefitting from those inventions. We should stop reasoning like lazy folks.
man this is not science... This is suicide.... If it's science chopper can easily drop you there

5 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by nasirujj(m): 10:17pm On May 28, 2019
And so what, what's the benefit of what they are doing to humanity, if I wan climb that mountain I will use chopper shikenan
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Slurity(m): 10:18pm On May 28, 2019
Ishilove:

And the painful thing is the body can't be brought down. It will stay there forever and ever and ever
You don't mean it?
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by barackodam: 10:19pm On May 28, 2019
sonofElElyon:
Which Yeye well done? Selfish people taking unnecessary risks and dying just for the thrill of climbing Everest while not considering the sorrow they could cause for their loved ones...

Not selfish. It's passion. Oyinbo chases passion, blacks kill passion. If you watch the Everest he recommended, you'd see the story of a man whose community contributed money for him to climb. Yes, he couldn't afford it and his local community contributed money for him to

3 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 28, 2019
Ishilove:

Na overfeeding dey worry dem. What exactly are they looking for in that icy burial ground??

To think the Climbing they are climbing is not even for free sef. Paying 4million to go and die. No,Thank you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by kernniejay(m): 10:19pm On May 28, 2019
I watched a documentary on Discovery Channel about climbers on Everest and fear gripped me. People froze alive like iced fish just because they want to reach a height that does not matter to their lives.

5 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by QuickStandard: 10:19pm On May 28, 2019
Explorers:

Climbers waiting in queues while climbing are sucking up mountaineers' limited oxygen supply and exposing them to the harsher winds for longer.

Pictured:

A line of climbers at 150metres away from the summit waiting to reach the summit of Mount Everest on Wednesday.

The lines appear to have contributed to several deaths.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/25/world/asia/everest-death-traffic-jam.html

Please, am just curious @Explorer.

What exactly are they searching for at the summit that will make them risk their lives?

2 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by nicepoker101(m): 10:20pm On May 28, 2019
dehi:
man this is not science... This is suicide.... If it's science chopper can easily drop you there
Go and tell Edmund Hillary who first made it there.

2 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by BIXYBABE: 10:20pm On May 28, 2019
This world still remain wonder 2 me. How i go climb diz, neva
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by fikiman7000(m): 10:21pm On May 28, 2019
hahn:
Who send dem message?
This is the reply of an average Nigerian grin we don't care,especially in situation like this
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by fikiman7000(m): 10:21pm On May 28, 2019
hahn:
Who send dem message?
This is the reply of an average Nigerian grin we don't care,especially in a situation like this
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by sonofElElyon: 10:22pm On May 28, 2019
Risk your life for selfish passion? Not reasonable.
Dying just for the adrenalin rush and throwing your family into sorrow and disarray is utterly selfish..
Engage in your passion responsibly...

barackodam:

Not selfish. It's passion. Oyinbo chases passion, blacks kill passion. If you watch the Everest he recommended, you'd see the story of a man whose community contributed money for him to climb. Yes, he couldn't afford it and his local community contributed money for him to

6 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by skyhighweb(m): 10:23pm On May 28, 2019
wait oh 4m to climp to my death
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Gentlewarrior1(m): 10:23pm On May 28, 2019
matrixme:

Oyinbo people are very stupid. One won't blame yahoo boys while attempting to dupe them. It's just like an African proverb that says you chop belefu, you come dey look for something to take burst belle.
Imagine this one has a pregnant wife at home but decided to go after wild passions. And to think they paid so expensively to die!
Las las u dey vert foolish. See your mumu mouth wey u use dey castigate oyinbo. Yet you stupidly dey use phone dey use electricity and many white man invention.. white people get mind pass black and dey are ready to take risky na from all this dem dey follow learn things and come acoss ideas and all. So shut up

5 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by profmallor: 10:24pm On May 28, 2019
It is same curiosity and will to explore and discover by their ancestors that has made them who they are, while the fear to try anything brave other than having sex has relegated us (Blacks) to user of what the discover. The comfortable weather of our continent has led us to be lazy.

6 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by barackodam: 10:24pm On May 28, 2019
PotatoSalad:
After watching the movie "Everest", I couldn't do anything for the rest of the day lol. Climbing up isn't the problem but climbing down, where you have to walk across thin rocks with just a rope protecting you. Goddamn. I wouldn't even try for a billion naira.

Yes you would. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by barackodam: 10:26pm On May 28, 2019
sonofElElyon:
Risk your life for selfish passion? Not reasonable.
Dying just for the adrenalin rush and throwing your family into sorrow and disarray is utterly selfish..
Engage in your passion responsibly...

Chasing passion has done more good than harm to them.

Not chasing passion has caused more regrets than "thank God I didn't do it" to us

2 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by barackodam: 10:28pm On May 28, 2019
AryaSand:

To think the Climbing they are climbing is not even for free sef. Paying 4million to go and die. No,Thank you!

The thing I find annoying, but interesting.
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by matrixme(m): 10:28pm On May 28, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Las las u dey foolish. See your mumu mouth wey u use dey castigate oyinbo. Yet you stupidly dey use phone dey use electircity and many white man invention.. white people get m8nd pass black and dey are ready to take risky na from all this dem dey lerlarn things and come acoss ideas and all. So shut up
What have you ever invented in your life? We are talking about people living carelessly and ending their lives prematurely you're here talking about electricity and inventions.
How exactly is climbing mount Everest making life better for humanity? Lerlarn things and come across ideas kó, cross-carpeting nii. Use your brain for once, if there is any iota of it left, that is! Idiot.

8 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by OlawaleBammie: 10:28pm On May 28, 2019
matrixme:

Oyinbo people are very stupid. One won't blame yahoo boys while attempting to dupe them. It's just like an African proverb that says you chop belefu, you come dey look for something to take burst belle.
Imagine this one has a pregnant wife at home but decided to go after wild passions. And to think they paid so expensively to die!
Man laff wan kee me, a no know who sendem work
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by barackodam: 10:29pm On May 28, 2019
kernniejay:
I watched a documentary on Discovery Channel about climbers on Everest and fear gripped me. People froze alive like iced fish just because they want to reach a height that does not matter to their lives.

It doesn't matter to you. It matters to them. We all have some crazy goal we'd love to accomplish. Can be foolish to others, but it makes every sense to us.

That's their goal. Someone climbed all 7 peak without dying.

Their time to die reach, na why

2 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:30pm On May 28, 2019
We dey climb 25 storey buildings for Nigeria when elevators are not functional.
We don climb Cocoa House, UBA Headquarters etc. All of us na climbers jare!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Mydazz(m): 10:30pm On May 28, 2019
Here is the picture of your grandpa, he died while trying to reach the summit of Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world.

American Boy: Wow, what an historic act,..... I wish I met him, he must be very brave (continues to stare at picture)

NaijaBoy : Foolish man,..... when people dey find money to sort generations unborn this idiot go waste money travel to climb useless mountain, omo ale jatijati

16 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 28, 2019
Dem still die ontop there #4m
wellder body wont eveb decompose sha.
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by OlawaleBammie: 10:33pm On May 28, 2019
barackodam:

and d man eventually kpahin for der...
irinajo aloide grin
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Nheeeky1(f): 10:33pm On May 28, 2019
Where dem dey go sef... Oniranu

1 Like

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by sonofElElyon: 10:34pm On May 28, 2019
Passion to invent, that will better society, improve standard of living, solve societal problems, save, the vulnerable etc yes... But this, kind of passion is just for the "feel good, feeling"... Utterly worthless.. Again I say, chase your selfish passions, responsibly with your loved ones in mind.. why should your children suddenly become fatherless and your wife a widow just for adrenaline rush?

barackodam:

Chasing passion has done more good than harm to them.

Not chasing passion has caused more regrets than "thank God I didn't do it" to us

5 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by barackodam: 10:35pm On May 28, 2019
matrixme:

What have you ever invented in your life? We are talking about people living carelessly and ending their lives prematurely you're here talking about electricity and inventions.
How exactly is climbing mount Everest making life better for humanity? Lerlarn things and come across ideas kó, cross-carpeting nii. Use your brain for once, if there is any iota of it left, that is! Idiot.

Man, it's perfectly normal. They're who they are, we're who we are. We don't bother to chase passion. At infant, parents discourage children from pursuing their talents, wanting them to be what they want. Killing the passion the child has. Whereas, they, they get encouraged to, and even get enrolled in music, filming classes, even football academies at young age.

These people have passion for something, and you know, if your ever had passion for something, you won't get satisfied until you get it done.

Same with them. Climbing it has been their life goal. And they won't forgive themselves if they don't

5 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by barackodam: 10:38pm On May 28, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

and d man eventually kpahin for der...
irinajo aloide grin

Well, he accomplished the mission. He just didn't live to tell the tale

1 Like

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by deltateam: 10:39pm On May 28, 2019
They paid #4million for death permit?

1 Like

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by barackodam: 10:41pm On May 28, 2019
sonofElElyon:

Passion to invent, that will better society, improve standard of living, solve societal problems, save, the vulnerable etc yes... But this, kind of passion is just for the "feel good, feeling"... Utterly worthless.. Again I say, chase your selfish passions, responsibly with your loved ones in mind.. why should your children suddenly become fatherless and your wife a widow just for adrenaline rush?

Well, you have a point. I agree
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by sonofElElyon: 10:44pm On May 28, 2019
thanks bro.. sweet dreams

barackodam:

Well, you have a point. I agree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) / Malawian Bride Dies In Motor Accident On Her Wedding Day (Photos) / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.