Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) (74199 Views)

World's Highest Infinity Pool Opens On 50th Floor Of Palm Tower In Dubai(Photos) / China Opens World’s Highest Motorway Tunnel / Plane Crashes Into Parked Helicopters Near Mount Everest, Kills 3 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Abini2012: 7:10pm On May 27, 2019
One need to the watch the movie "Everest" to really appreciate this thread. Well done Explorers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:19pm On May 28, 2019
Seamus Lawless, 39, fell to his death last week while descending the mountain following a successful summit.

He sent text to his pregnant wife he'd 'done it', just hours before falling to his death on mountain where his body will remain.

11 dead now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7077201/Irish-climber-39-told-wife-hed-just-hours-falling-death-Everest.html
Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Wayne4uall(m): 6:49pm On May 28, 2019
Explorers:
Seamus Lawless, 39, fell to his death last week while descending the mountain following a successful summit.

He sent text to his pregnant wife he'd 'done it', just hours before falling to his death on mountain where his body will remain.

11 dead now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7077201/Irish-climber-39-told-wife-hed-just-hours-falling-death-Everest.html
Lalasticlala

CANT THEY USE oxygen to climb
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by sonofElElyon: 9:52pm On May 28, 2019
But is anyone sharing gifts on top of Everest

Explorers:
The death toll from a traffic jam of climbers on Mount Everest in the Himalayas, the world’s highest summit, has risen to 10, officials said on Saturday, as a record number of people tried to use a brief window of good weather to make it to the top.

The death toll for the 2019 climbing season on the 29,000-foot mountain currently stands at 17 over all, according to government tallies, the worst in decades, excluding major natural disasters such as avalanches and earthquakes.

Climbers waiting in queues while climbing are sucking up mountaineers' limited oxygen supply and exposing them to the harsher winds for longer.

Pictured:

A line of climbers at 150metres away from the summit waiting to reach the summit of Mount Everest on Wednesday.

The lines appear to have contributed to several deaths.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/25/world/asia/everest-death-traffic-jam.html

8 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Bode3: 9:55pm On May 28, 2019
hahn:
Who send dem message?
I like this your Yoruba English

5 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by sonofElElyon: 9:55pm On May 28, 2019
Which Yeye well done? Selfish people taking unnecessary risks and dying just for the thrill of climbing Everest while not considering the sorrow they could cause for their loved ones...

Abini2012:
One need to the watch the movie "Everest" to really appreciate this thread. Well done Explorers.

2 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by grandstar(m): 9:56pm On May 28, 2019

1 Like

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 28, 2019
I just saw it on BBC.

Na wa o. Climbing high altitude with low oxygen level, icy, and high number of climbers at a time is a time bomb.

2 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by PotatoSalad(m): 9:56pm On May 28, 2019
After watching the movie "Everest", I couldn't do anything for the rest of the day lol. Climbing up isn't the problem but climbing down, where you have to walk across thin rocks with just a rope protecting you. Goddamn. I wouldn't even try for a billion naira.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by martineverest(m): 9:57pm On May 28, 2019
Asquare84:

I learnt there body are left in natural frozen condition and do not decompose
true
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by colossus91(m): 9:57pm On May 28, 2019
n.a. to go climb a so rock remain
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by nicepoker101(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2019
Ishilove:

Na overfeeding dey worry dem. What exactly are they looking for in that icy burial ground??
Most of them are from developed countries. They reason differently

10 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 28, 2019
Ishilove:

And the painful thing is the body can't be brought down. It will stay there forever and ever and ever

That place is a morgue. I have seen documentaries of bodies on that mountain. Anywhere anyone dies there, especially if they are few, if their burial ground.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by nicepoker101(m): 10:00pm On May 28, 2019
A lot of inventions led to death and today we are benefitting from those inventions. We should stop reasoning like lazy folks.

10 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by dfrost: 10:00pm On May 28, 2019
Wayne4uall:

They do but oxygen is for breathing. What of other associated risks apart from breathing?

2 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by matrixme(m): 10:01pm On May 28, 2019
sonofElElyon:
But is anyone sharing gifts on top of Everest

Oyinbo people are very stupid. One won't blame yahoo boys while attempting to dupe them. It's just like an African proverb that says you chop belefu, you come dey look for something to take burst belle.
Imagine this one has a pregnant wife at home but decided to go after wild passions. And to think they paid so expensively to die!

10 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by lexrichy(m): 10:02pm On May 28, 2019
Seems they are looking for one piece

1 Like

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by nicepoker101(m): 10:03pm On May 28, 2019
rheether:
Blacks won't even dare this rubbish.
It's not rubbish. That's an adventure

7 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 28, 2019
Explorers:
The death toll from a traffic jam of climbers on Mount Everest in the Himalayas, the world’s highest summit, has risen to 10, officials said on Saturday, as a record number of people tried to use a brief window of good weather to make it to the top.

The death toll for the 2019 climbing season on the 29,000-foot mountain currently stands at 17 over all, according to government tallies, the worst in decades, excluding major natural disasters such as avalanches and earthquakes.

Climbers waiting in queues while climbing are sucking up mountaineers' limited oxygen supply and exposing them to the harsher winds for longer.

Pictured:

A line of climbers at 150metres away from the summit waiting to reach the summit of Mount Everest on Wednesday.

The lines appear to have contributed to several deaths.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/25/world/asia/everest-death-traffic-jam.html
climbing this mountain is better than buhari's administration

2 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Jonra(m): 10:05pm On May 28, 2019
matrixme:

Oyinbo people are very stupid. One won't blame yahoo boys while attempting to dupe them. It's just like an African proverb that says you chop belefu, you come dey look for something to take burst belle.
Imagine this one has a pregnant wife at home but decided to go after wild passions. And to think they paid so expensively to die!

A 4 million naira license to die!

10 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Orpe7(m): 10:08pm On May 28, 2019
When u af chop belleful
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Bloggingscope: 10:11pm On May 28, 2019
Explorers:

Yea, because the temperature averages -19°C in summer and -36°C in winter.

They might be preserved as fossils

3 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by Bluffly: 10:11pm On May 28, 2019
rheether:
Blacks won't even dare this rubbish.
Expedition not rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by jaxxy(m): 10:12pm On May 28, 2019
This is just crazy

1 Like

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by dehi: 10:12pm On May 28, 2019
Just imagine someone like me searching for job all over Lagos like mad now will have time to start that kind suicidal journey..... They don chop belle full... Some people can like playing gamble with their life

5 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by PotatoSalad(m): 10:13pm On May 28, 2019
Wayne4uall:

Someone climbed the Everest without oxygen tanks
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by double3(m): 10:14pm On May 28, 2019
Asquare84:

Why can't they use oxygen
Limited bottle supply, u might ask why not carry more, the weight would make climbers fatigue easily. So climber carry about 2 to 3 bottles. With some stored at various camps.

10 Likes

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by OlawaleBammie: 10:14pm On May 28, 2019
Wayne4uall:
I will love to be there Some day

just tell me wetin u go tell God if u finally cross d bridge why do u wan to voluntarily sign ur death sentence??

1 Like

Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by OlawaleBammie: 10:15pm On May 28, 2019
MissJoy29:

Me too.
just tell me wetin u go tell God if u finally cross d bridge why do u wan to voluntarily sign ur death sentence??
Re: World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) by barackodam: 10:15pm On May 28, 2019
Abini2012:

I'm telling you. I find it fascinating. I consider Kilimanjaro though, if I ever get buoyant enough to. But I'd most likely start with Nigeria's. I love mountaineering, even as I can't afford it cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) / Malawian Bride Dies In Motor Accident On Her Wedding Day (Photos) / Usuma Dam, Abuja: You Won't Believe This Is Nigeria (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.