Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,209 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? (5557 Views)

Why Didn't Ancient Igbos Settle On The Coast Instead Of Inland And Landlocked? / Forgotten African High Jump Game –african History / Do We Overestimate The Importance Of African Juju? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 9:44am On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

So Atwill's Ceasar's Messaiah have become your innerant bible? I would post some of the criticism of the main points stated in his book, and I want you to read them as well before I get motivated to read the entire book.

You aren't making any sense.

There are thousands upon thousands of serious minded historians that agree with the position that the Jesus story was fabricated.

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 9:45am On Mar 23, 2021
Amujale:

Is the Christian bible a true account of history?
The Christian bible is not one book but a collection of 27 different letters, scripts, and then some books. You are saying the Romans wrote all 27 of these different books( some contradicting some others) to create a new religion, when it would have been easy for them to just write one big unified book.
See why your theories are absurd and not taken seriously? see why it is you who need to provide proof of your outlandish theories?
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 9:46am On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

The Christian bible is not one book but a collection of 27 different letters, scripts, and then some books. You are saying the Romans wrote all 27 of these different ( some contradicting some others) to create a new religion, when it would have been easy for them to just write one big unified book.
See why your theories are absurd and not taken seriously? see why it is you who need to provide proof of your outlandish theories?

Are you a believer in the Christian bible as being the word of your god?
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 9:48am On Mar 23, 2021
Amujale:

You aren't making any sense.

There are thousands upon thousands of serious minded historians that agree with the position that the Jesus story was fabricated.
Give me five of these serious minded historians. I only know of two main mythicysts who have a PhD in new testament history ( Robert Price and Richard Carrier) and even they do not take Atwill seriously. All new testament history professors in academia and the other doctors consider Jesus historical.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 10:02am On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

..I only know of two main mythicysts who have a PhD in new testament history ( Robert Price and Richard Carrier) and even they do not take Atwill seriously. All new testament history professors in academia and the other doctors consider Jesus historical.

Robert Price argues that the Christian bible is a combination of fakery and falsehood.

Cite these historians that claim Jesus as being a real person.

You still haven't answered my question.

Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 10:04am On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

All new testament history professors in academia and the other doctors consider Jesus historical.

Then, it shouldn't be hard for you to prove.

Go ahead provide us with the evidence.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 10:52am On Mar 23, 2021
Amujale:

Robert Price argues that the Christian bible is a combination of fakery and falsehood.

Cite these historians that claim Jesus as being a real person.

You still haven't answered my question.

My man before you decide to lecture on or argue a matter, it is better to be well versed in whatever you are arguing. You don't know what you are arguing and you don't even know about scholarship on this issue, you just read conspiracy theories and you think you know.
I already told you, all historians specializing on the ancient world and new testament except a few like Robert Price and Richard Carrier, say Jesus existed. So go check up any new testament historian. I gave the link to the names of all scholars who have degrees on this matter in my reply to musicwriter, go look it up.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 10:54am On Mar 23, 2021
Dr Henrik Clarke broke down this topic meticulously and I paraphrase him below:

The Eurocentric ideologues didn't only colonise the innocent people of the continent, they began to colonise information about the people. In order to attempt at achieving this, they had to attempt to forget, or attempt to pretend to forget all that they'd previously known about the African
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 10:56am On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

I already told you all historians specializing on the ancient world and new testament except a few like Robert Price and Richard Carrier, say Jesus existed. So go check up any new testament historian. I gave the link to the names of all scholars who have degrees on this matter in my reply to musicwriter, go look it up.

You're a confused soul.

The new testament and all the other aspects of the Christian bible is solely based on fakery and falsehood.

You can pass me with all that nonsensical rhetoric.

Provide us with the evidence.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 10:57am On Mar 23, 2021
Amujale:

You're a confused soul.

The new testament and all the other aspects of the Christian bible is solely based on fakery and falsehood.

You can pass me with all that nonsensical rhetoric.

Provide us with the evidence.
You give me evidence of the bolded.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 10:58am On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

I gave the link to the names of all scholars who have degrees on this matter in my reply to musicwriter, go look it up.

That's all rhetoric and has already been rubbished in my previous response.

Again, answer my question.

Does you or doesn't you believe that the Christian bible is the word of your god?

It isn't a trick question.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 11:03am On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

You give me evidence of the bolded.

The onus is on you to provide the proof of your false narratives and fictional characters.

One cannot prove the nonexistence of characters that never existed in the first instance.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 11:06am On Mar 23, 2021
Amujale:

The onus is on you to provide the proof of your false narratives and fictional characters.

One cannot prove the nonexistence of characters that never existed in the first instance.
Lol, it is okay for you to hold on to your belief. I am just saying that your explanations as to why you hold these views do not hold water neither do they align with academia on this issue. You have to read up more and be open.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

Lol, it is okay for you to hold on to your belief. I am just saying that your explanations as to why you hold these views do not hold water neither do they align with academia on this issue. You have to read up more and be open.

You're argument is flawed.

It's similar to me telling you that one plus one equals two and not providing you with the proof and then asking you to prove that one plus one doesn't equal two.

The burden of proof is on you dude.

Now provide us with the proof of your fictional characters and false narratives.

Go!
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2021
Amujale:

You're argument is flawed.

It's similar to me telling you that one plus one equals two and not providing you with the proof and then asking you to prove that one plus one doesn't equal two.

The burden of proof is on you dude.

Now provide us with the proof of your fictional characters and false narratives.

Go!
I gave you proof and you came up with conspiracy theories to refute them. I said the book of Galatians had Paul speaking of Jesus brother of James, and this Jesus which he called Christ. Josephus also spoke of Jesus brother of James, who was called christ by his followers. You then came up with conspiracy theories of Rome creating the book of Galatians. This is why the onus of proof is on you.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 11:20am On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

Lol, it is okay for you to hold on to your belief..

You're attempt of reverse psychology has failed you.

These foreign extremist ideologies are solely based on a diabolic, false, fake and counterintuitive belief system, one that you subscribe.

In all reality, it's you who's been brainwashed to subscribe to narratives that has no historical basis.

I'm simply telling you that according to history, the Jesus character, story line and all the other narratives peddled by the authors of the Christian bible is completely and utterly fictional.

Therefore, the burden of proof is on you and anyone else who makes false assertions to the contrary.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by Amujale(m): 11:23am On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

I gave you proof and you came up with conspiracy theories to refute them. I said the book of Galatians had Paul speaking of Jesus....

And that has already been rubbished as the nonsense that it is. Go back and read the journal that was posted earlier.

Furthermore it isn't a conspiracy theory to state the fact that the Jesus story line is a typography of Titus Flavians military campaign.

You simply need to compare and contrast these two parallels, something you obviously haven't partaken.

https://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

https://www.news24.com/news24/mynews24/jesus-fictional-character-indeed-part-1-20120713
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
Amujale:

And that has already been rubbished as the nonsense that it is. Go back and read the journal that was posted earlier.

Furthermore it isn't a conspiracy theory to state the fact that the Jesus story line is a typography of Titus Flavians military campaign.

You simply need to compare and contrast these two parallels, something you obviously haven't partaken.

https://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

https://www.news24.com/news24/mynews24/jesus-fictional-character-indeed-part-1-20120713
I have read both of your links and I wonder how they disprove the existence of jesus.
In your first link, Atwill is of the opinion that the Romans created a new sect to pacify the Jews and left us puzzles, but this is unnecessary and would be a useless move because the Romans didn't need to do that. There were so many peaceful jewish sects in Judea which they could elevate. Even the pharisees and saducees at a point in the first century became loyal. Only the messianic sects known as the zealots were ready to take up arms and the Romans had all the military might to quench any rebel whenever they wanted to which they did in AD 70 and AD 123. From what we know of Rome they loved to show their military prowess, they loved to conquer and dominate rather than go through the struggle of creating a new religion with 27 books which they in turn later spent time persecuting and trying to wipe out across the empire.
Even if we are to agree to this your pet theory ( which has no basis), it still doesn't make sense to promote christianity.
1) The Christians did not worship caesar or the pagan gods, they worshipped a slave Jesus who was given the worst death penalty ( crucifixion) which was a stigma in ancient Rome.

2) The Romans of the first and early 2nd century didn't speak well of christianity, they called them cannibals who ate the flesh of their god and drank his blood.

3) Christianity was as divisive as any other jewish sect until the 4th century ( the time of constantine) where Constantine united it in a way.

4) There was persecution of christianity because the early Christians did not promote the worship of pagan gods or Ceasar.

5) It would be stupid for the Romans to accept 27 different books with contradictory topics and internal quarrels for instance Paul in Galatians to the book of James about faith and works, etc.

etc etc.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by sonmvayina(m): 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
Amujale:

And who were these so-called early Christian church?

It most definitely hadn't anything to does with the Jesus character.

As stated earlier, the people that Eurocentric historians refer to as the early Christians were the followers of the Church of Serapis.

Christian historian use that false narratives in an attempt to try and justify the horrific atrocities that this foreign extremist ideology perpetrated on the continent.

Exactely, this is what i have always maintained.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by sonmvayina(m): 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2021
GeneralDae:

Give me five of these serious minded historians. I only know of two main mythicysts who have a PhD in new testament history ( Robert Price and Richard Carrier) and even they do not take Atwill seriously. All new testament history professors in academia and the other doctors consider Jesus historical.

This is from Emperior julian. In his famous book "Against the galileans" has this to say

Book I Edit

39.[9] It is, I think, expedient to set forth to all mankind the reasons by which I was convinced that the fabrication of the Galilaeans is a fiction of men composed by wickedness. Though it has in it nothing divine, by making full use of that part of the soul which loves fable and is childish and foolish, it has induced men to believe that the monstrous tale is truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by sonmvayina(m): 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2021
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
sonmvayina:

This is from Emperior julian. In his famous book "Against the galileans" has this to say

Book I Edit

39.[9] It is, I think, expedient to set forth to all mankind the reasons by which I was convinced that the fabrication of the Galilaeans is a fiction of men composed by wickedness. Though it has in it nothing divine, by making full use of that part of the soul which loves fable and is childish and foolish, it has induced men to believe that the monstrous tale is truth.
So how does this quote prove that Jesus does not exist or that christianity was created by Romans and why should we believe Julian?
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
sonmvayina:

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Against_the_Galileans
is Julian arguing that Jesus did not exist? I don't see that there. However this is not proof of anything.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by sonmvayina(m): 10:02am On Mar 24, 2021
GeneralDae:

is Julian arguing that Jesus did not exist? I don't see that there. However this is not proof of anything.

He calls the story a fabrication....Julian is closer to the beginning of christianity than us. He was a roman emperior. So he must have had a lot of evidence to conclude as such..

I wont pass that up..

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 10:24am On Mar 24, 2021
sonmvayina:

He calls the story a fabrication....Julian is closer to the beginning of christianity than us. He was a roman emperior. So he must have had a lot of evidence to conclude as such..

I wont pass that up..
ok so if I show you people closer than Julian to christianity and yet accepts it, would you accept them? Also he never says Jesus did not exist, he even called Christians the Gallileans to mock them because the religon began with fishermen of Galilee who were illiterate, so he believes in that part of the story. What he doesn't believe is the miracles and the Christians' claim to special morality. He says the morality of the Galilleans are not new.

Also according to scholars, the miracles and some of the stories are most likely formulated, this does not mean there wasn't a Gallilean called Jesus but there are invented fables about him. It's different from saying there wasn't a Jesus at all.

There are always invented fables about ancient heroes, it's nothing new and historians know this, so they apply other criterias to determine if there was a Jesus. I have listed those criterias in my reply to musicwriter.

Your arguement is different, you are saying there was no Jesus at all. We are not talking about the miracles and stories, but whether there was an original Jesus and fishermen Gallilean disciples.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by sonmvayina(m): 10:43am On Mar 24, 2021
GeneralDae:

ok so if I show you people closer than Julian to christianity and yet accepts it, would you accept them? Also he never says Jesus did not exist, he even called Christians the Gallileans to mock them because the religon began with fishermen of Galilee who were illiterate, so he believes in that part of the story. What he doesn't believe is the miracles and the Christians' claim to special morality. He says the morality of the Galilleans are not new.

Also according to scholars, the miracles and some of the stories are most likely formulated, this does not mean there wasn't a Gallilean called Jesus but there are invented fables about him. It's different from saying there wasn't a Jesus at all.

There are always invented fables about ancient heroes, it's nothing new and historians know this, so they apply other criterias to determine if there was a Jesus. I have listed those criterias in my reply to musicwriter.

Your arguement is different, you are saying there was no Jesus at all. We are not talking about the miracles and stories, but whether there was an original Jesus and fishermen Gallilean disciples.

Yes, i hold the opinion that there was no jesus at all. The gospels where all wriiten in Greek.
Come to think of it, the jews where all looking forward to the messiah coming to save them from their enemies, ending oppression of any kind and ushering peace. And all of a sudden somebody is presenting a story about a man who was cruxified , as the messiah...
One thing i am 1000% sure is that the gospels was not written by jews. We can confidently rule them out. They dont have the idea of demi god as part of judaism. It is a Greek/Roman idea.
The idea of miracles is not how the messiah will be recognised. Infact the jews where warned to not follow anyone who does magic.

So there are just many contradiction with the old testament. I think it is just the Greeks/Romans making a mockery about the jewish God. That was why they added it at the back of the jewish Tanakh..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 11:13am On Mar 24, 2021
sonmvayina:

Yes, i hold the opinion that there was no jesus at all. The gospels where all wriiten in Greek.
Come to think of it, the jews where all looking forward to the messiah coming to save them from their enemies, ending oppression of any kind and ushering peace. And all of a sudden somebody is presenting a story about a man who was cruxified , as the messiah...
One thing i am 1000% sure is that the gospels was not written by jews. We can confidently rule them out. They dont have the idea of demi god as part of judaism. It is a Greek/Roman idea.
The idea of miracles is not how the messiah will be recognised. Infact the jews where warned to not follow anyone who does magic.

So there are just many contradiction with the old testament. I think it is just the Greeks/Romans making a mockery about the jewish God. That was why they added it at the back of the jewish Tanakh..
The gospels were all written in Greek because they were written most likely between 40-60 years after Jesus by people who heard the oral stories of Jesus. However before them, there was already a Paul who was writing Just 15-20 years after Jesus. That's too early to develop myths. Besides the disciples were Fishermen and mostly illiterates, you don't expect them to write much in an era were only a privileged few could write.

The jews were all looking forward to the messaiah coming to save them from their enemies, and that's why presenting a crucified man as the messiah makes no sense, except there was actually a jesus whom his followers believed he was the messaiah and then he shamefully ended up being crucified. isn't that a more realistic possibility?

The gospels were most likely written by Hellenistic jews( like the gospel of John) and some gentiles ( like the authors of Luke and Mark) who have been immersed in Greek culture but who became disciples of the followers of jesus, and they simply recounted all myths and stories they heard about him. This is the position of academia on the matter, and it's more reasonable.

Greeks/Romans would not create a religon where the messaiah was crucified.
If you check the gospels especially the gospel of Luke and Mark, you would see how embarrassed they are about the crucifixion and how they try to explain it away by using old testament scripture to their rescue, they didn't have to go through that stress.
There was no need to invent a crucified messaiah. Crucifixion was a stigma but to Jews and Greek/Romans. Crucifixion was also an hindrance to the message of the early Christians.
Paul said the jews rejected jesus because it was weakness( because according to the law, cursed is anyone hung on a tree, and messaiah should be saving them from Rome, not getting crucified).To the Gentiles, it was foolishness that the hero of a religion should be crucified( for Romans it was the worst death penalty reserved for only slaves, for Greeks it made no sense) and paul admitted all these problems he encountered in the book of 1 Corinthians.
Also creating a religion that has 27 books and it's also contradictory within itself ( for instance it has disputes among the early followers such as peter and paul) makes no sense. They could have just written one or two non contradictory books to make it more believable. Whichever way you look at it, it makes no sense to scholars.

So I'll advise you look into sound scholarship on this matter and not just your baseless theories that comes from gut feelings which proves nothing.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by musicwriter(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
GeneralDae:

Please concentrate on the people you're talking to and stop mentioning me every now and then. You offered nothing to me that's worth any knowledgeable person looking at, so please spell out your response to whomever you're talking to and keep me out of it.

Before I close: one thing you need to understand is that both the SCHOLARSHIP sorounding Christianity and CHRISTIANITY itself as a religion are both sides of your enslavement. If we colonized Europeans, we would've given them Ogun, Shango, Amadioha etc to worship and we'll give them the scholarship to back it up. So, you're doubly enslaved. This's why it's difficult to help you see the light. You need to first free yourself from Christianity or it's scholarship (by researching out of church tradition), then you'll begin to see lies and cover-ups everywhere in the scholars you're fun of quoting. You think I don't know those new testament scholars?? The only person I can say knows what he's doing it Bart Erhman, just check my threads, I did post one Erhman writing sometime ago. Yet, none of them have any proof whatsoever there was a Jesus, all they have is a case of "based on the literature it looks like Jesus may have existed" but no proof has ever been given to back it up because Jesus has no history outside the bible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
musicwriter:

Please concentrate on the people you're talking to and stop mentioning me every now and then. You offered nothing to me that's worth any knowledgeable person looking at, so please spell out your response to whomever you're talking to and keep me out of it.

Before I close: one thing you need to understand is that both the SCHOLARSHIP sorounding Christianity and CHRISTIANITY itself as a religion are both sides of your enslavement. If we colonized Europeans, we would've given them Ogun, Shango, Amadioha etc to worship and we'll give them the scholarship to back it up. So, you're doubly enslaved. This's why it's difficult to help you see the light. You need to first free yourself from Christianity or it's scholarship (by researching out of church tradition), then you'll begin to see lies and cover-ups everywhere in the scholars you're fun of quoting. You think I don't know those new testament scholars?? The only person I can say knows what he's doing it Bart Erhman, just check my threads, I did post one Erhman writing sometime ago. Yet, none of them have any proof whatsoever there was a Jesus, all they have is a case of "based on the literature it looks like Jesus may have existed" but no proof has ever been given to back it up because Jesus has no history outside the bible.
Lol, it's okay. I know what the problem is with you and the op. You are fixated on black power movement and of course you detest the Europeans for destroying black culture and of course you all blame christianity for it. I also blame European christianity for it ( especially christianity from Constantine). But no matter how we feel, it is better to argue with facts, not feelings or conspiracy theories. The christianity of the first 300 years was already in Ethiopia and spreading across the Empire before it even became the religion of Europe or was totally accepted in Rome.
You don't have to be a Christian to admit that combining the book of Galatians and the writings of Josephus on James the brother of Jesus ( who was called christ), that there was most likely a crucified Jesus tainted in myths and mystery.
It doesn't change the fact that the whites use their version of christianity to enslave blacks and other races.

I could be a worshipper of Shango and hate the whites for how they use christianity to enslave us and still admit that Jesus most likely existed.

We are interested in facts here not feelings or conspiracy theories.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by musicwriter(m): 1:39pm On Mar 24, 2021
GeneralDea:

Lol, it's okay. I know what the problem is with you and the op. You are fixated on black power movement and of course you detest the Europeans for destroying black culture and of course you all blame christianity for it. I also blame European christianity for it ( especially christianity from Constantine). But no matter how we feel, it is better to argue with facts, not feelings or conspiracy theories. The christianity of the first 300 years was already in Ethiopia and spreading across the Empire before it even became the religion of Europe or was totally accepted in Rome.
You don't have to be a Christian to admit that combining the book of Galatians and the writings of Josephus on James the brother of Jesus ( who was called christ), that there was most likely a crucified Jesus tainted in myths and mystery.
It doesn't change the fact that the whites use their version of christianity to enslave blacks and other races.

I could be a worshipper of Shango and hate the whites for how they use christianity to enslave us and still admit that Jesus most likely existed.

We are interested in facts here not feelings or conspiracy theories.

So, you think I wasn't a christian like you? Six years ago I was still in darkness thinking Jesus has set me free because even as I knew that whites enslaved us with Christianity but I felt it was about God, not realizing that he who gives you a God sets the context for what it should mean, be, do, want, etc and what it shouldn't mean, be, want, do. In other words, if someone gives you a God that says jump off a cliff at age 40 to meet your savior deep down or kill your mother at age 40, you'll gladly do so and even thank God for making you reach age 40. So, at no time did I challenge it because I never questioned Jesus or anything in the bible until I actually began to research the history of christianity to discover to my dismay the whole thing called Christianity is a product of Roman imperialism and politics, not spiritually.

That's that....

No, even the Christianity practiced in Ethiopia today isn't the right one or rather it could have been the right one but an Ethiopian prince (I believe one of Menelek's or Solomonic dynasty) who was born in the Middle East, (probably Hellenized) came back to Ethiopia, brought the European bible and polluted, yes, indeed, the original Christianity that was already in Ethiopia before the conversation of Europe. But that original Christianity practiced by the original Jewish sect (Ethiopians) plus the Hellenized Ethiopians who call themselves Jews today was completely destroyed by Constantine. It didn't survive. So, if you're still hanging on on christianity because of the Ethiopian connection you're wrong. The bible they use is the 1611 AD version already polluted by Greeco-Romans but edited by King James in Britain. It's neither here no there.

@All

For anybody out there who want to know the Ethiopian connection and how all these things originated out of Africa, see the best lecture by brother James Small below. Just in case you're new into the research, the below lecture is not to encourage you to be a christian but to show you how Europeans have taken over an African practice, bastardized it, corrupted it, and used it to rule the world.

The origins of religion by professor James Small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYOMB2orvMo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by GeneralDae: 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
musicwriter:

So, you think I wasn't a christian like you? Six years ago I was still in darkness thinking Jesus has set me free because even as I knew that whites enslaved us with Christianity but I felt it was about God, not realizing that he who gives you a God sets the context for what it should mean, be, do, want, etc and what it shouldn't mean, be, want, do. In order words, if someone gives you a God that says jump off a cliff at age 40 to meet your savior deep down or kill your mother at age 40, you'll gladly do so and even thank God for making you reach age 40. So, at no time did I challenge it because I never questioned Jesus or anything in the bible until I actually began to research the history of christianity to discover to my dismay the whole thing called Christianity is a product of Roman imperialism and politics, not spiritually.

That's that....

No, even the Christianity practiced in Ethiopia today isn't the right one or rather it could have been the right one but an Ethiopian prince (I believe one of Menelek's or Solomonic dynasty) who was born in the Middle East, (probably Hellenized) came back to Ethiopia, brought the European bible and polluted, yes, indeed, the original Christianity that was already in Ethiopia before the conversation of Europe. But that original Christianity practiced by the original Jewish sect (Ethiopians) plus the Hellenized Ethiopians who call themselves Jews today was completely destroyed by Constantine. It didn't survive. So, if you're still hanging on on christianity because of the Ethiopian connection you're wrong. The bible they use is the 1611 AD version already polluted by Greeco-Romans but edited by King James in Britain. It's neither here no there.

@All

For anybody out there who want to know the Ethiopian connection and how all these things originated out of Africa, see the best lecture by brother James Small below. Just in case you're new into the research, the below lecture is not to encourage you to be a christian but to show you how Europeans have taken over an African practice, bastardized it, corrupted it, and used it to rule the world.

The origins of religion by professor James Small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYOMB2orvMo
ok so you agree there was an original christianity or what? Let's be clear:
1) I am not defending the Christian religion. I am presenting scholarship on the issue that says Jesus more than likely was a historical figure. You are against that, but you have not being able to show why the arguement from majority of scholars ( or even Bart Erhmann) are wrong. Show why these argurments are wrong and why your theories are right. I can subscribe to African religions and accept our proud history, hate christianity to my bones, and still say that Jesus more than likely existed based on the facts on ground.

2) We are arguing history here not religion, race, or spirituality.

3) It is all about history and the historical method, not religion, race, or spirituality.

4) Again look up 2 and 3 above.
Re: Why Didn't Eurocentric's Write A Correct Version Of African History? by musicwriter(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
GeneralDae:

ok so you agree there was an original christianity or what? Let's be clear:
1) I am not defending the Christian religion. I am presenting scholarship on the issue that says Jesus more than likely was a historical figure. You are against that, but you have not being able to show why the arguement from majority of scholars ( or even Bart Erhmann) is wrong. Show why these argurments are wrong and why your theories are right.

2) We are arguing history here not religion, race, or spirituality.

3) It is all about history and the historical method, not religion, race, or spirituality.

4) Again look up 2 and 3 above.

I now know enough to know that even the SCHOLARSHIP sorounding Jesus is Euro-centric. Do you understand?

How can I believe the same culture that gave me Jesus to tell me he did not exist?

If we (Africans) were in our right state of mind, the question of Jesus's existence should not be of concern to us because there's no place in Europe or Middle East where the existence of Ogun, Amadioha or Shango is of any significance. You and I should concentrate all our energies on African Gods, African scholarship about them, African world view, African culture, African spiritually, African history. Just look at how many man hours that you and I have spent talking about a Jesus whom we know nothing about except what Europeans have told us. Who is this modafuker called Jesus that didn't stop my parents from being enslaved by Europeans?? Who is this bastard called Jesus that I must read to know him in a European book?? When will you and I write a holy book about African God and give it to Europeans to read?? There're no Chinese people wasting human hours talking about Jesus existence. Because whether Jesus existed or not it doesn't matter!! But you and I have been enslaved to believe that it matters. To hell with Jesus!!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Ekiti Person Never Loses An Argument / African Culture Compared To European / Online English To Igbo Translator ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.