Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu (2094 Views)

Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next / Reno Omokri: Biafrans Built This Armoured Car During The Civil War / Nigeria Procures Marauder Armoured Vehicle, Which Can Withstand IEDs, Explosives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by sarrki(m): 7:48pm On May 26, 2019
Enugu – Ahead of the sit-at-home summoned by the proscribed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) on May 30, men of the Enugu State Command of the Nigerian Police at the weekend rolled out an Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) during an exercise tagged “show of force.”

During the exercise, about 20 patrol vehicles were lined up behind the APC, fully loaded with battle ready policemen and men of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

The security operatives moved in a convoy around the streets of Enugu, apparently to show their readiness to confront trouble makers.

It was gathered that exercise might not be unconnected with the
sit-at-home summoned by the IPOB on May 30.

Emma Powerful, the spokesman of the secessionist group had warned that
anybody who flouted the sit-at-home deserves to be stoned.

When contacted on phone, Ebere Amaraizu, the spokesman of Enugu State Police Command, said the “show of force’ exercise was intended to warn all criminals.

a statement earlier, the Enugu State Command of the Nigerian Police advised parents and guardians not to allow their children and wards to be used by any person or group of persons to threaten the existing peace and safety in the state.

The command further warned those with such notion and intention to desist from it as it was working in partnership with sister security agencies and relevant stakeholders towards assuring residents of their safety and security.

According to the command, those fanning the embers of any unlawful act of Sit-At-Home- on 30th May, 2019 by law-abiding members of the public under any guise with a view to truncating the existing peace in the state will be fished out and made to face the consequences of their act in line with the law.

Meanwhile, Sulaiman Balarabe, the Commissioner of Police Enugu State, has enjoined all to be law abiding and go about their normal and lawful businesses in the state before, during and after the said 30th May 2019 without fear of any intimidation or molestation by any group of persons.

The Enugu State Command of the Nigerian Police had last week arrested no fewer than 140 persons, including 10 women who were believed to be members of IPOB.

All the arrested persons were immediately arraigned before an Enugu South Chief Magistrate Court, for conspiracy to commit felony and treason.

The Court refused to grant the suspects bail and remanded them in Prison custody.

For want of jurisdiction, the Court adjourned the matter to June 7 to enable Attorney General of Enugu State file information based on Director of public Prosecutions (DPP’S) Report.

The members of the outlawed group were arrested at Opi Nsukka axis of the state based on intelligence information in relation to their unlawful activities.

https://www.independent.ng/ipob-sit-at-home-police-roll-out-armoured-vehicle-in-enugu/
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by loveth360(f): 7:54pm On May 26, 2019
Nigeria is really a zoo.

Who is in advantage now ipob of the zoo called nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by loveth360(f): 7:54pm On May 26, 2019
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by sarrki(m): 7:54pm On May 26, 2019
IPods leadership should stop jeopardizing the lives of innocent or I say ignorant children

The Nigerian security agencies are not trained or I say dont even know there functions

They thought killing is the best way of handling situations
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by reccy(m): 7:55pm On May 26, 2019
Please anybody that misbehave among them, do not hesitate to show him the force.

No room for public nuisance all in the name of sit -at -home.,
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by Beremx(f): 7:56pm On May 26, 2019
showing of force on unarmed civilians is an act of cowardice.
Shame on the military

10 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by sarrki(m): 7:57pm On May 26, 2019
Also why will police roll out a tank ?

It's a sit at home

I tjink they didn't call for violence

They never asked anyone to forment or cause anarchy

It's also optional
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by sarrki(m): 7:59pm On May 26, 2019
reccy:
Please anybody that misbehave among them, do not hesitate to show him the force.

Am not a fan of Igbos

N will never be

On this the police got it wrong

If they call for rally or protest then there action May be justified

But a sit at home ?

I think they got it wrong
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by fukushaki(m): 8:00pm On May 26, 2019
grin
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by Okuda(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2019
reccy:

you would have sense if you said they did the same to boko haram amd fulani herdsmen... yeye people

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by BrokenTV: 8:10pm On May 26, 2019
Nigeria = ZOO REPUBLIC.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by phelonrays: 8:12pm On May 26, 2019
[s]
reccy:

[/s]
it's only an ignorant and uneducated fool like you that makes Buhari to behave like an Autocrats .........

*SPITS*

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by muykem: 8:54pm On May 26, 2019
sarrki:

Am not a fan of Igbos

N will never be

On this the police got it wrong

If they call for rally or protest then there action May be justified

But a sit at home ?

I think they got it wrong
You are the one that's wrong here. Preparing for any eventually is called bravery. If they sit at home then those things will not be used but if they want to enforce sit at home then it will be a different story.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by sarrki(m): 8:56pm On May 26, 2019
muykem:
You are the one that's wrong here. Preparing for any eventually is called bravery. If they sit at home then those things will not be used but if they want to enforce sit at home then it will be a different story.

The truth is the action is wrong
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by muykem: 8:58pm On May 26, 2019
IPOB should not force people to sit at home. They should not engage in demonstration or any other disturbances act.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by Lovelive: 9:07pm On May 26, 2019
reccy:

You no talk anything o. You just vapor d bad odor out of ya mouth.

I was told, after my reply, that the nairaland forum elders have noticed your kolomental virus and unanimously they have promised to do something about it.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by reccy(m): 9:12pm On May 26, 2019
Lovelive:

You no talk anything o. You just vapor d bad odor out of ya mouth.

I was told, after my reply, that the nairaland forum elders have noticed your kolomental virus and unanimously they have promised to do something about it.

Alright
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 26, 2019
sarrki:
Also why will police roll out a tank ?

It's a sit at home

I tjink they didn't call for violence

They never asked anyone to forment or cause anarchy

It's also optional
sarrki, try to be a straight forward person. Hypocrisy is bad
They should be dealt with according to the law of the land if they go ahead with sit at home order
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by sarrki(m): 10:27pm On May 26, 2019
bamidelee:

sarrki, try to be a straight forward person. Hypocrisy is bad
They should be dealt with according to the law of the land if they go ahead with sit at home order

Bro you know my stand on ipobians

They only call for sit at home

Which to me is not violence
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by Blue3k(m): 10:31pm On May 26, 2019
What a pointless display. Year after year the sit at home happens with no arrest. We have not seen one example of anyone being forced to stay home either. Next year the same dumb cycle will continue.

1. Sit at home declared
2. Police react in media
3. Nairalanders post pictures and discuss effectiveness
4. Repeat

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by sarrki(m): 10:32pm On May 26, 2019
Blue3k:
What a pointless display. Year after year the sit at home happens with no arrest. We have not seen one example of snyone being forced to stay home either. Next year the same dumb cycle will continue.

1. Sit at home declared
2. Police react in media
3. Nairalanders post pictures and discuss effectiveness
4. Repeat

100% correct

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:39pm On May 26, 2019
Funny Nigeria Police Force....why roll out Armoured car? .....common sit at home is now interpreted as war. ...
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 26, 2019
Okuda:

you would have sense if you said they did the same to boko haram amd fulani herdsmen... yeye people
Mai Tulare the Minna Niger state famous kidnapper is currently walking free while Evans and Yahoo boys in the south are been tormented.
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by Bede2u(m): 1:32am On May 27, 2019
sarrki:
IPods leadership should stop jeopardizing the lives of innocent or I say ignorant children

The Nigerian security agencies are not trained or I say dont even know there functions

They thought killing is the best way of handling situations
u are an idiat...shedding crocodile tears on the other thread for hungerbad...when ur heart is full of evil...people want to sit at home and honor their family members who died in a war and u are here gloating about police killing them.

Heartless monsters run nigeria and turn everybody into a bigot with their evil ideas and ways
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by sarrki(m): 2:01am On May 27, 2019
Bede2u:
u are in idiat...shedding crocodile tears on the other thread for hungerbad...when ur heart is full of evil...people want to sit at home and honor their family members who died in a war and u are here gloating about police killing them.

Heartless monster run nigeria and turn everybody into a bigot with their evil ideas and ways

Do you have comprehensive problems?

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by Bede2u(m): 2:04am On May 27, 2019
sarrki:

Do you have comprehensive problems?

the post i quoted deserved that reply...that ipob is endagering peoples lives by telling them to sit at home and honor their heroes....u edit it...i edit mine

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by sarrki(m): 2:07am On May 27, 2019
Bede2u:
the post i quoted deserved that reply...that ipob is endagering peoples lives by telling them to sit at home and honor their heroes....u edit it...i edit mine

You hate the truth

Innocent young men are being killed anytime Igbos organised any of there rallies or in whatever guise

Yet you still want this innocent kids Been maimed by happy trigger police men

What is it you don't understand in my post ?
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by OreMI22: 2:33am On May 27, 2019
I actually expect them to deploy T 72 tanks against unarmed civilians and murder them.

One day, the same civilians will begin coming to protest with their own RPGs to save their own lives and there would be no tanks to kill them anymore.

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by Peacemaker5128: 5:20am On May 27, 2019
Our gallant police officers Kudos to you
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by Nobody: 6:13am On May 27, 2019
sarrki:

Bro you know my stand on ipobians
They only call for sit at home
Which to me is not violence
am sure you're aware of the previous sit at home what ended it?
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by helinues: 6:14am On May 27, 2019
Police should leave this people alone now
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: Police Roll Out Armoured Vehicle In Enugu by capitalzero: 6:45am On May 27, 2019
the truth is that police action will make it easier for people to stay at home.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Hilarious Request A Nigerian Man Made To EFCC / Igwe Nnewi Commissions Road In Nnewi Built By Philanthropist,Chief Obuneme Nwogu / No More Military Check Point In Igboland ---MNK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.