Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

#BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) (51436 Views)

RUGA: Fulani Not Planning To Install Emirs in Enugu, Asaba - MURIC / #BiafraRemembranceDay: The Effects Of The Civil War Between Biafra & Nigeria / 'see How Atiku Locked Down Nasarawa, Buhari’s Stronghold' - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by gidgiddy: 6:53pm On May 30, 2019
We remember all those we lost in war and agitation

Congratulations to IPOB on another successful sit at home

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Kfed4ril(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2019
Emoo96:
if people no wa go work or shop how e concern person. my eastern brothers abeg make it till next week. a proper remembrance for the children who EZE Igbo Gburugburu lead and later ran away to die of malnutrition.

My anger with people like you is that upon all the killings by the herdsmen you find one way to cover for them, but how people decide to stay at home and not go anywhere is bothering you is my concern.

Try and use your brain and realize IPob is not one of the problems of Nigeria but your herdsmen are.

2 Likes

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by monthz: 7:20pm On May 30, 2019
anybody with shuts of Imo State?
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by godwingold(m): 7:41pm On May 30, 2019
I'm in Enugu. There is nothing like "sit at home" today. I went to work today.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by kingzizzy: 8:34pm On May 30, 2019
hollah123:
Many people don't understand the logic behind this sit at home, it's not that people are pleased with it but they are afraid they can b attacked by hoodlums if they go out. N its due to the threat by nnamdi kanu that anybody who goes out on that day deserves to be stoned to death. I imagine how autocratic this biafra will b am sure North Korea will b child's play

What you are saying doesn't jell at all. The people sitting at home are much larger in population than IPOB so why would they sit at home if they dont want especially since IPOB is unarmed.

If what you are saying was true and the people felt threatened by IPOB, long ago would they have caught all IPOB members including Kanu, tied them up, given them a good beating and handed them over to the authorities.

The reason people sit at home is because they support what IPOB are doing

What is IPOB using to put fear in them? Is mere mouth?

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by kingzizzy: 9:17pm On May 30, 2019
Meanwhile, in London.....

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Ikechu12: 9:25pm On May 30, 2019
I keep seeing idiots trying to use words to try and defeat pictorial evidence.

People stay in Oshogbo dictating wtf is happening in another area grin grin. Wonders shall never end with Afonja. How does Ofe Nsala day concern Afonjas. ABI na them or Igbo Ipob addresses. Ndi Ekwensu and Ndi Ara

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by luluman: 9:36pm On May 30, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Road free for you indeed.
Wetin concern Osogbo brown roof dwellers with Biafra.

Won't you take that your scratched face and face your rusted roof in beggers Colony?
Don't you know that the stay at home reflect reach Lagos? We actually enjoy the free movement without refugees out as usual.Now we see why over population hit Lagos.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:42pm On May 30, 2019
pazienza:
Well, I didn't observe the sit at home due to the nature of my job, but my heart is 100% with Biafra. I'm sure there are many Igbos like me who didn't observe the sit at home today because of circumstances beyond their control. My folks down in Enugu told me that it was a total compliance in Enugu.

Not even partial compliance, but "total compliance"? Your imaginary folks lied to you:
https://punchng.com/sit-at-home-order-enugu-residents-ignore-ipob/
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/332538-ipob-sit-at-home-succeeds-in-awka-flops-in-enugu-ebonyi-imo.html
https://tribuneonlineng.com/215398/
https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/30/biafra-enugu-residents-shun-Igbos-sit-home-order/
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by kingzizzy: 6:41am On May 31, 2019
And in London again during the yesterdays sit at home......

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by pazienza(m): 7:02am On May 31, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Not even partial compliance, but "total compliance"? Your imaginary folks lied to you:
https://punchng.com/sit-at-home-order-enugu-residents-ignore-ipob/
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/332538-ipob-sit-at-home-succeeds-in-awka-flops-in-enugu-ebonyi-imo.html
https://tribuneonlineng.com/215398/
https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/30/biafra-enugu-residents-shun-Igbos-sit-home-order/

I had told you that Nigerian newspapers are nearly worthless like the country itself.
Sit at home in Enugu was successful, all the markets were closed.

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by achi4u(m): 9:59am On May 31, 2019
ngoxievergreen:
Ebonyi no follow abeg, abakaliki has always been an empty dry town, even if you snap this same area tomorrow it will still look empty and deserted even worse than this. Ebonyi govt should make the state economically viable so that Ebonyi people can make a living in their home state than migrating to other states just to hawk gala and bread

Nke a gbasara gi there.You except people to be roaming the express way just to prove a point.
Let me tell you,anywhere in the world that has a good number of roads will not be experiencing holdup and unnecessary traffic, again, Abakaliki don't do road side business like any other cities in this country.
About gala and bread hawking, it is already ending and not everyone you see on the traffic hawking is from Ebonyi state, every states is highly represented.
Ebonyi government can not start distributing money to everyone, let them provide infrastructure and conducive environment and watch how things change automatically.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by kingzizzy: 10:18am On May 31, 2019
Biafrans in Brazil observe Biafran heroes day

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Ebeano49(m): 11:58am On May 31, 2019
CoolAmbience:

I am not surprised that you want to argue.

It is laughable that you want me to agree to the falsehood that Igbos were at the helm of all the sectors in Nigeria at independence.

Which political party was the most dominant in Nigeria as at independence? Who was the most influential politician in Nigeria in the first republic? There were just three or four brigadiers in the entire Nigerian army between '60 and '64, were they all Igbos? Agriculture was the mainstay of Nigeria's economy, did Ndigbo lead in Agriculture too?

Please, be specific about how Igbos led in Medicine and Engineering. Were the first indigenous doctor and engineer in Nigeria Igbos? Are the sectors you pinpointed the only ones in Nigeria? What about the arts, construction, music, literature, law, politics etc?

Is not everything your dad or uncle tells you that you believe my brother. You should do some good research.

Please read Cambrige's Paul Anber's Modernisation and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos published in 1967. He's not Igbo or Nigerian so presents, i hope you'd agree, an unbiased assessment of Nigeria's status quo pre war.

This extract summarises my point: “With unparalleled rapidity, the Ibos advanced fastest in the shortest period of time of all Nigeria’s ethnic groups. Like the Jews to which they have frequently been likened, they progressed despite being a minority in the country, filling the ranks of the nation’s educated, prosperous upper classes… It was not long before the educational and economic progress of the Ibos led to their becoming the major sources of administrators, technicians, and civil servants for the country, occupying senior positions out of proportion to their numbers.”

Have a great day, brother.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by 77up(m): 2:14pm On May 31, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Are you a Biafran or a Nigerian??
nggae is confused grin
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 5:31pm On May 31, 2019
Ebeano49:

Please read Cambrige's Paul Anber's Modernisation and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos published in 1967. He's not Igbo or Nigerian so presents, i hope you'd agree, an unbiased assessment of Nigeria's status quo pre war.

This extract summarises my point: “With unparalleled rapidity, the Ibos advanced fastest in the shortest period of time of all Nigeria’s ethnic groups. Like the Jews to which they have frequently been likened, they progressed despite being a minority in the country, filling the ranks of the nation’s educated, prosperous upper classes… It was not long before the educational and economic progress of the Ibos led to their becoming the major sources of administrators, technicians, and civil servants for the country, occupying senior positions out of proportion to their numbers.”

Have a great day, brother.

I think you have a problem with comprehension.

Where did the man you quoted say that Igbos were at the helm of 'all the sectors' in Nigeria.

He emphasized Public Administration, Civil Service and Technical Expertise. How about the Arts, Agriculture, Politics, Media, Journalism, Literature, Finance, Military etc.

How does 'advancing rapidly ahead of all ethnic groups' mean the same thing as 'being at the helm of all sectors' in Nigeria?

I am Igbo too, and my point is simple. I do not subscribe to any tribe's claim of superiority over the other(s). You can't be better than others in all ramifications. There is something called comparative advantage.

I really don't know why this is hard for you to understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by ngoxievergreen(f): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
business? what other business does ebonyi people do except gala hawking and barrow pushing. ebonyi people are known for hawking gala and pushing barrow all over nigeria. there is no economic activities in abakaliki, the place is a dry land. your people should be empowered to contribute to the development of ebonyi state, the state is more or less non existent forget the nonsense your governor is building, that is not an average ebonyi person needs. you guys are poor

achi4u:
Nke a gbasara gi there.You except people to be roaming the express way just to prove a point.
Let me tell you,anywhere in the world that has a good number of roads will not be experiencing holdup and unnecessary traffic, again, Abakaliki don't do road side business like any other cities in this country.
About gala and bread hawking, it is already ending and not everyone you see on the traffic hawking is from Ebonyi state, every states is highly represented.
Ebonyi government can not start distributing money to everyone, let them provide infrastructure and conducive environment and watch how things change automatically.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by achi4u(m): 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2019
ngoxievergreen:
business? what other business does ebonyi people do except gala hawking and barrow pushing. ebonyi people are known for hawking gala and pushing barrow all over nigeria. there is no economic activities in abakaliki, the place is a dry land. your people should be empowered to contribute to the development of ebonyi state, the state is more or less non existent forget the nonsense your governor is building, that is not an average ebonyi person needs. you guys are poor

OK ooo at least they're not into crime like ur people who sees robbery, kidnapping and Ogwu-ego as a legitimate hustling. The number of imbe.ciles in ur community alone out numbers the normal people roaming.
You people are no longer happy because the Ebonyi u used to cajoled has left you in the mud, the table has turned.
I can't use because of what you said to cajole any state until you name ur state then we can't start from there, every state has a black spot.
Name ur state or remain mute forever.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by ngoxievergreen(f): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
what is this one talking about? i am from enugu state but i have to say the bitter truth. most the armed robbers caught in Enugu, Onitsha are people from Ebonyi. most of the kidnappers are from the same ebonyi state. ogwu ego? have you seen why ebonyi people are perpetually poor? you see rich people are ogwu ego people, the same people you run to their place to hawk gala. the same people you ebonyi people watch their gates for them. the same people you ebonyi people do menial jobs for.

there is no development in ebonyi state, you people are still not living in that jungle that has no drinking water. why not stay in abakaliki and hawk gala instead of running to enugu, onitsha, lagos etc.

cursed people

achi4u:
OK ooo at least they're not into crime like ur people who sees robbery, kidnapping and Ogwu-ego as a legitimate hustling. The number of imbe.ciles in ur community alone out numbers the normal people roaming.
You people are no longer happy because the Ebonyi u used to cajoled has left you in the mud, the table has turned.
I can't use because of what you said to cajole any state until you name ur state then we can't start from there, every state has a black spot.
Name ur state or remain mute forever.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by achi4u(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2019
ngoxievergreen:
what is this one talking about? i am from enugu state but i have to say the bitter truth. most the armed robbers caught in Enugu, Onitsha are people from Ebonyi. most of the kidnappers are from the same ebonyi state. ogwu ego? have you seen why ebonyi people are perpetually poor? you see rich people are ogwu ego people, the same people you run to their place to hawk gala. the same people you ebonyi people watch their gates for them. the same people you ebonyi people do menial jobs for.

there is no development in ebonyi state, you people are still not living in that jungle that has no drinking water. why not stay in abakaliki and hawk gala instead of running to enugu, onitsha, lagos etc.

cursed people

You're an imposter, cloning another person's moniker to cause confusion amongst us.
The ngozievergreen I know will not go down low to this ur level, everyone knows and avoid you like leprosy.
sniper ur life enwe
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by ngoxievergreen(f): 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2019
LOL.. are you scared because i hit it where it pains. Hopeless frustrated abakaliki miscreant. I am here for you henceforth cheesy

[s]
achi4u:
You're an imposter, cloning another person's moniker to cause confusion amongst us.
The ngozievergreen I know will not go down low to this ur level, everyone knows and avoid you like leprosy.
sniper ur life enwe
[/s]
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Sachiopropty(m): 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
Masterppower:

Are you still selling your public toilet shit?

Evil man

Yes I am selling Mobile Toilets not only do I sell I manufacture mobile toilets too.

You shall know the Truth And the Truth Shall set you free

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan / Shehu Sani Loses Polling Unit By Wide Margin / Lagos APC; Sanwo-olu Reacts After Ambode's Allegations Against Him. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.