Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym (2310 Views)

We Met At Akwa Ibom #ENDSARS Prayer Walk & Now We're About To Wed (Pictures) / Lady Was Disappointed By A Cute Guy She Met At A Bank Who Had Mouth Odour / Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met At A Motor Park 7 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Goterry0123: 8:25am On May 31, 2019
1. Macho Men: These Set of People are the reason Gym still Exist. They can lift anything not matter the weight in Size. As a new comer to the gym you don't let this set of people give you instructions cause they will send you to your early grave.

Gym instructors are even Afraid of them, they are the only ones allowed to use gym equipments with informing the gym instructor.

2. Equipments Testers: These set of people are not part of the gym house. They are just there to test all the machines. They jump from 1 machine to the other. They can be working on their abs right now, next thing they are working the bicep and triceps.

They don't even know the essence why they are there.

3. Improper Fracrions: These Set has trained to the extent they look abnormal. They have no routine of workout. They are just there to do anything they feel okay for them at the given period. You can easily spot them with Broad Shoulders, Big Tummy. Slim Laps and Thick Legs.

4. Oga know it All: These type don't like to take instruction from the gym instructors cause they have watched almost every body building video on youtube. They even go out giving instructions to other gym users like they are the deputy gym instructor.

You can spot this type easily cause they always go to their phone to watch a video before starting a new routine. God will help this type.

5. Music Listeners: They are the most boeing people in the gym. No smiling, no social life, just a phone and earphone plunged in.

Most people hate them, cause people that fall into this category are mostly Handsome guys and pretty ladies. You can't even hold a conversation with them cause the earphone plugged in sends a negative body language.

6. Spectators: These ones are actually looks to look and fantasised about other people's body. They can spend 2 hours in the gym but their workout is not up to 10 minutes.

These set can look at you and tell you what your body is gonna look like in the next 3 months.

7. Male Harrassers: These sets are mostly females. They confuse the male set with Flat Tummy, Round and Fat Ass, Thick Laps and not forgetting their Slim waist. These set makes the gym a beautiful place to be.

8.Mr Attention: These are the Male version of Number 7. They have a perfectly built body that got male and female jaw dropping. All the girls flicks around them in the gym. Touching them Anyhow, asking for work out routine and there making the rest male feel inferior.

Even the male folks also flock around them, though they hate it but you have no choice.

9. Mr and Mrs Serious: You All know this type. They are always at the gym 24/7.

10. Add Yours:
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Ninethmare: 8:28am On May 31, 2019
Never been to a gym
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by donbachi(m): 8:43am On May 31, 2019
I need visit one...my belle biiiiiiiiiiiiiig and my nyash come flat like cabin biscuit...pls wat do i do?
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by GOFRONT(m): 8:51am On May 31, 2019
Those wife snatchers that call themselves gym instructors.
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Nobody: 8:53am On May 31, 2019
The show-offs?
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by KristaPretty(f): 9:09am On May 31, 2019
i'M NO 2.. HAHAHAHHAHAA

2. Equipments Testers: These set of people are not part of the gym house. They are just there to test all the machines. They jump from 1 machine to the other. They can be working on their abs right now, next thing they are working the bicep and triceps. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Nobody: 9:15am On May 31, 2019
KristaPretty:
i'M NO 2.. HAHAHAHHAHAA

2. Equipments Testers: These set of people are not part of the gym house. They are just there to test all the machines. They jump from 1 machine to the other. They can be working on their abs right now, next thing they are working the bicep and triceps. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Depressedkidd: 9:44am On May 31, 2019
The ego lifters. These ones just come to the gym to opress others. They want to do bicep curls and they pick the heaviest dumbbell and start cheat curling. Not even one curl done with proper form. Or they try to squat heavier than they can and next Thing their legs are shaking and knees are bending inwards

The gisters: these ones come to the gym to talk to everyone about Ronaldo Vs Messi. Or they talk about the best workout routines without actually doing any actual workouts. They are the ones that will see you with your headphones concentrating on finishing your set but will still come and tap you to gist.

Camera addict: these ones have a banging body yeah, but they spend all their rest times taking selfies and videos. These ones are most likely models and oloshos.

Supplement gang: they bring a big bag to the gym and when they open it you have protein shakes, pre and post workout supplements, and every pill imaginable

Protect your body gang: these ones are probably new to the gym, they have waist belts, gloves, knee guards, helmets, mouth guards, special lifting shoes and every single piece of protection gear, but they can't even run 6 reps on an unloaded bar.

Newbies: they are amazed by everything at the gym. They tend to do whatever the biggest guy at the gym is doing. One moment you're doing squats on a full body routine and they're doing it too, the moment you switch to weighted pull ups they do it too.

Gym douche: they see a fat person at the gym doing his best and they start laughing. Stop it, I repeat stop.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Karemarealty288(m): 9:46am On May 31, 2019
GOFRONT:
Those wife snatchers that call themselves gym instructors.

Gigolos
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Nobody: 9:52am On May 31, 2019
10 The noise makers:- these ones are the set of bodybuilders that grunt like the silver back gorilla even if they lift common 5kg dumbbell
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Depressedkidd: 9:56am On May 31, 2019
donbachi:
I need visit one...my belle biiiiiiiiiiiiiig and my nyash come flat like cabin biscuit...pls wat do i do?
. Lose fat first. Go in and do high intensity lifts, keep the weights light, increase the reps and take a rest period of 30 seconds to 90 seconds. Do compound movements, squats, deadlifts, bench presses,shoulder presses, rows. Do hiit workouts 2 to 3 times weekly. Do steady state cardio once a week, jogging ie.

All these things don't matter except you keep a calorie deficit. This means you have to cut down on the food, and you'll have to cut down on certain foods. Garri and fufu. Food with excess oil. If you really need to eat swallow then go for plantain flour, eggs are your best friend. If you need to fry, go for olive oil instead of regular groundnut oil. Lots of fruits, cucumbers, carrots etc.

When you're in the gym try to follow what the instructor says. Also you can follow up some channels on YouTube for professional tips

Scott Herman fitness
Athlean X
Buff dudes
Eddf(every damn day fitness)
Shredded sports science.

These are the channels I recommend if you really need high quality and correct instructions on form and the best exercises.
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Depressedkidd: 9:58am On May 31, 2019
dannyrhymes600:
10 The noise makers:- these ones are the set of bodybuilders that grunt like the silver back gorilla even if they lift common 5kg dumbbell
Lmao. This one is annoying. Someone will lift small dumbbell before you know, arrghh, ungghh, whoo, yeahhh, huaaa, uhhhh. First set oh, if it's even a finisher set I would understand. But that's why I use my headphones. Blocks out all the noise and distraction.
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Nobody: 10:05am On May 31, 2019
Depressedkidd:

Lmao. This one is annoying. Someone will lift small dumbbell before you know, arrghh, ungghh, whoo, yeahhh, huaaa, uhhhh. First set oh, if it's even a finisher set I would understand. But that's why I use my headphones. Blocks out all the noise and distraction.
lol sometimes I just walk out of the gym before I punch someone in the mouth
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Goterry0123: 10:08am On May 31, 2019
Depressedkidd:
The ego lifters. These ones just come to the gym to opress others. They want to do bicep curls and they pick the heaviest dumbbell and start cheat curling. Not even one curl done with proper form. Or they try to squat heavier than they can and next Thing their legs are shaking and knees are bending inwards

The gisters: these ones come to the gym to talk to everyone about Ronaldo Vs Messi. Or they talk about the best workout routines without actually doing any actual workouts. They are the ones that will see you with your headphones concentrating on finishing your set but will still come and tap you to gist.

Camera addict: these ones have a banging body yeah, but they spend all their rest times taking selfies and videos. These ones are most likely models and oloshos.

Supplement gang: they bring a big bag to the gym and when they open it you have protein shakes, pre and post workout supplements, and every pill imaginable

Protect your body gang: these ones are probably new to the gym, they have waist belts, gloves, knee guards, helmets, mouth guards, special lifting shoes and every single piece of protection gear, but they can't even run 6 reps on an unloaded bar.

Newbies: they are amazed by everything at the gym. They tend to do whatever the biggest guy at the gym is doing. One moment you're doing squats on a full body routine and they're doing it too, the moment you switch to weighted pull ups they do it too.

Gym douche: they see a fat person at the gym doing his best and they start laughing. Stop it, I repeat stop.

Sir, it like you own a gym?
Can i see you body?
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Depressedkidd: 10:12am On May 31, 2019
Goterry0123:

Sir, it like you own a gym?
Can i see you body?
Lol I don't o.
And I don't have "the body" yet, I'm on a weightloss journey. Lost from 115kg down to 84. My goal is 70kg.
I've been at it since December.
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by meobizy(f): 10:14am On May 31, 2019
I've gone to a gym only six times, four times to gist and distract Nigerians there to keep up appearances and twice to workout.

Just like church-praying I believe exercise is something done best when learned and carried out by one's self.

I have kept in shape for fifteen years running using minimal to zero equipment.
My body looks and feels a lot better than people I know who visit gyms.
I have seen OP's list a lot of times but I can't relate to it because I do not know gym culture.

1 Like

Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Goterry0123: 10:18am On May 31, 2019
Depressedkidd:

Lol I don't o.
And I don't have "the body" yet, I'm on a weightloss journey. Lost from 115kg down to 84. My goal is 70kg.
I've been at it since December.

Wow that is an incredible feat to Achieve
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by luvyaself95(m): 10:20am On May 31, 2019
I gym at home so ah don't know all these set of people you're talking about...
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Depressedkidd: 10:23am On May 31, 2019
Goterry0123:

Wow that is an incredible feat to Achieve
Yeah thank you. It's not easy Tbh. There are periods when I just lose control and binge. But the main thing is to keep going. Hopefully by October I'll have reached my goal. Then from there I'll start focusing on muscle building.
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Goterry0123: 10:32am On May 31, 2019
Depressedkidd:

Yeah thank you. It's not easy Tbh. There are periods when I just lose control and binge. But the main thing is to keep going. Hopefully by October I'll have reached my goal. Then from there I'll start focusing on muscle building.

You should kip at it. You are really doing good.

1 Like

Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Goterry0123: 11:52pm On May 31, 2019
luvyaself95:
I gym at home so ah don't know all these set of people you're talking about...

Try hitting the gym a couple of time. You wouldn't regret
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by luvyaself95(m): 12:01am On Jun 01, 2019
Goterry0123:

Thanks but it not necessary...
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by luvyaself95(m): 12:01am On Jun 01, 2019
Goterry0123:

Thanks but it is not necessary...
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 01, 2019
Point Number 5, that's me exactly. You don't go to the gym to socialize. You go there to lift weights and go home.

Before I walk into the gym I put on my headphones and tune out the world. Don't talk to me because I will be too busy concentrating on the heavy weights i am lifting
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by DelilahMakinde(f): 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
dannyrhymes600:

I love gyms often smells of that musky man sweat.
The sounds also turn me on...
Like they are about to orgasm.

Bodybuilding supplement for Nigerian gym enthusiasts
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Goterry0123: 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
DelilahMakinde:

I love gyms often smells of that musky man sweat.
The sounds also turn me on...
Like they are about to orgasm.

Bodybuilding supplement for Nigerian gym enthusiasts

Bros How Far Now?
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by Goterry0123: 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
akinjojo1234:
Point Number 5, that's me exactly. You don't go to the gym to socialize. You go there to lift weights and go home.

Before I walk into the gym I put on my headphones and tune out the world. Don't talk to me because I will be too busy concentrating on the heavy weights i am lifting

Reps or Heavy Weight which is more important?
Re: Ten Type Of People You Met At The Gym by DelilahMakinde(f): 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
Goterry0123:

Bros How Far Now?

I hope it's not what I'm thinking...they just beat up one on my street yesterday. They're disgusting.

(1) (Reply)

How True Is This ( Bizzare) / My Ass Getting Big As A Boy / All Girls Are The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.