Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) (34207 Views)

Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error / Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy / The VAR Controversy And Why Nigeria Needs To Be Careful Against Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Iseoluwani: 7:13am On Jun 01, 2019
Rednaxelot:
Na “sakamaje”

We are in Ramadan period. The Wydad Casablanca guys were fasting and tired on the pitch. They just needed an occurrence to ease themselves off the game to rest in the name of protesting a disallowed goal.

that's what their piss reli taught them. to always cause wahala at slightest provocation. but the Tunisians should be fasting too. I think they should be punished for 20yrs
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by oceaneverdry77: 7:14am On Jun 01, 2019
The Match officials are the Main cause of what happened, they are not professional in that away goal disallowed, and its very unfair to that away team, and Africa football, and am still expecting more unprofessional refs in the forth coming ACN that was why African referees are rated lower that other Continents.
May GOD HELP AFRICA.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Joshrob(m): 7:15am On Jun 01, 2019
PopeFlatino:
The Idiots no fit check am,...if na me play No BTS for bet9ja u go see them review am 3 times before d half finish to make sure say Dem cut my slip angry

me play 1x no bts..i just dey pray for my mind make he nor check am bcus na clear goal...my jnr brother just dey laugh me
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by mofedamijo(m): 7:16am On Jun 01, 2019
Some people are already blaming the whole of Africa for this problem like it is only in Africa that players abandon matches, it happens in America too, and for the record, the last world cup was mired in controversy, even after some referees checked the VAR, they still gave a wrong call........this is not an African thing, its a global phenomenon.

1 Like

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by mannatech: 7:18am On Jun 01, 2019
olaBC007:

As in... The shiit is getting out of hand, all they do is take bribe, they are one of the reasons African football would forever be crawling

Besides wydad Casablanca fvcked up, the code say NEVER GIVE UP, they ought to take motivation in this and fight hard for victory
How will the code help them when even a blind man can see- from the actions of caf and both officiating refs- that esperance were the appointed winners even before the finals kicked off.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Philinho(m): 7:19am On Jun 01, 2019
Ban both the club and the players then investigate the referee

1 Like

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by 175(m): 7:20am On Jun 01, 2019
My own in this matter is my betslip. I hope the bookmakers won't void the match for me cos I gave Esperance straight win ooo. . .and na 2 solid odds grin grin grin grin wink cheesy
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by sunkoye: 7:21am On Jun 01, 2019
fasho01:
Must africa bastardize everything that comes it's way? Didn't they see Tottenham in a worse situation, overturn an unfavorable game in a similar second half twist

Where then is the spirit of sportsmanship? Of Fairplay? Even after 2 hours of pleading with them..

They should be banned from the competition for a decade to serve as a deterrent cos they could have channeled their grievance in a civil way

As for that referee? See how you have brought shame to var? Even if you have been 'sorted', why make it so obvious?

If this would help add rules that would make the var more effective and view all incidences, then fine or better still have it scrapped. Var shouldn't be selective and at the prerogative of the referees.. Especially in our dear Africa
that is we Africans way of life. Selective justice. Becausehe knows he is the final...he can do anyhow.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by henryhemon(m): 7:21am On Jun 01, 2019
Englishgold:
If you can't beat them, you join them. Complete disobedience to lawful order of CAF.

They already knew they would loose the match.

No complain

Do people like ever sit down and think? Yen yen if you can't beat them quote. Go n read the rules....they were also robbed in the first leg with same VAR decision and tilt was same excuse that VAR was faulty n Caf couldn't fix it in the 2nd leg? In football every aspect of the game must be complete before any match n they scored a genuine goal n you tell them VAR has issues? Thunder fire your mouth there.

4 Likes

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 01, 2019
mannatech:

How will the code help them when even a blind man can see- from the actions of caf and both officiating refs- that esperance were the appointed winners even before the finals kicked off.
If they strive to score again and they disallow it. That would have been better.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Franking: 7:25am On Jun 01, 2019
Good for them. North Africans are masters of the dark art as far as football wayo is concerned. They can frustrate their opponents and match officials with their time wasting antics when they are leading and their diving is second to none. I wish they can play their own separate champions league and nation's cup joor.

1 Like

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by mokt(m): 7:29am On Jun 01, 2019
Iv always said it to my friends, the VAR is bullshit. Why did the ref refuse to check the VAR after the team requested?
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by agarawu23(m): 7:31am On Jun 01, 2019
Arabs are very stubborn, I know them for that.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by HMarshal(m): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2019
Do they expect the refs decision to be influenced by the plea of the players everyone?the ref has the final call in a match irrespective of whose favour his decision is.walking off & abandoning the match is indiscipline
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by otokx(m): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2019
really sad day for Africa
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Kanoute(m): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2019
olaBC007:

If they strive to score again and they disallow it. That would have been better.

Bros you did not watch this match... The reason for this your comment.. In the first leg, they were denied a penalty, and some referee errors also occured.. They petitioned the ref after the game and CAF had to suspend the referee for 6 months... In the second leg, the same thing is happening all over again... The signs were so obvious that ES Tunis have been ordained by CAF as the official winner... I love what they did.. I am in support of Wydad...No need to save face.. When justice is demanded and it is not giving, walk away on protest...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by fredoooooo: 7:34am On Jun 01, 2019
Ojoro VAR ..
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2019
Kanoute:

Bros you did not watch this match... The reason for this your comment.. In the first leg, they were denied a penalty, and some referee errors also occured.. They petitioned the ref after the game and CAF had to suspended the referee for 6 months... In the second leg, the same thing is happening all over again... The signs were so obvious that ES Tunis have been ordained by CAF as the official winner... I love what they did.. I am in support of Wydad...No need to save face.. When justice is demanded and it is not giving, walk away on protest...
Well, it's true I didn't watched it. African soccer issa poo
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Bluehill1051: 7:43am On Jun 01, 2019
I was scared as F! Imagine o, wey I dn stake 3k for betslip, remain this nonsense match. Tho I played over 0.5 . That was how I was just looking n couldn't sleep
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Badonasty(m): 7:44am On Jun 01, 2019
kikio1992:
It was a sad day for football in Africa as the 2019 Caf Champions League final between Es Tunis and Wydad Casablanca ended in embarrassment.

The first leg had ended 1-1 at Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium, Rabat with the Moroccans needing an away win to emerge as champions.

Fueled by a deafening noise inside Stade Olympique de Rades, Esperance took the lead in the 41st minute through Mohamed Belaili.

The game came to an abrupt end after the Moroccans walked off the pitch following referee Bakary Gassama's refusal to review Walid El Karti's disallowed strike for Wydad in the 58th minute.

With Wydad Casablanca failing to continue the game after more than two hours despite the intervention of Caf president Ahmad Ahmad, the Tunisians were crowned as champions.

Watch the video of the moment the players of Wydad Casablanca abandoned the game below;

Source: https://kikiotolu.com/wydad-casablanca-abandons-cafcl-final/

why should a final even have two legs in the first place
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by victorazyvictor(m): 7:44am On Jun 01, 2019
legendsilver:
I love their actions

Me too
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by PopeFlatino(m): 7:46am On Jun 01, 2019
grin guy u get luck oo,,if na me play am Dem fit even call them back from dressing room to check am...bet no dey favour me again at all,if I bet for u,them go first score u and u know wat day means.That VAR don kill me since it's invention

For example,d last dat happened this week Mali under 20 vs Saudi under 20..imagine I carry Mali x2 and under 4.5.........i on gen for night to watch am life because that was my last game,Mali started dominating d match as expected,on d break Saudi counters and scores,d thing vex me because the goal came too early in favour of my opponent which isn't good for me,my prayer now was for Mali to equalize anytime,more preferably second half so that they won't play over 4.5 ..Now guess what happened,u need watch dat from YouTube

MALI committed foul in their 18 yard box,The Reef waved play on,I was Happy then after almost 3 mins of play when d ball went out the Ref started receiving that useless call,after much wait he went to view d incident,upon all my prayers because am sure it wasn't dat intentional by d player,d ref pointed to d spot but the Saudi player Missed it,I was so happy and my hope revived once more,can u imagine as they blow for cornerkick which came after d penalty clearance,d Ref received another call,they ordered for d penalty retake cry embarassed gave d keeper yellow card even for Stepping one foot out of d line before d d kick,,,my man na there I died kpatakpata,I just knew village people don dey follow my only source of income at d moment..Alas Saudi scored,But Mali later won 4-3 killing my bet of under 4.5.....but if na over 1.5 I play,those boys will play 90 mins just 1 goal,the ref and VAR will even cancel many along d line...I have suffered cry
Joshrob:

me play 1x no bts..i just dey pray for my mind make he nor check am bcus na clear goal...my jnr brother just dey laugh me

4 Likes

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by eddybongo101: 7:47am On Jun 01, 2019
Future CAF leauque final
I suggest CAF should play a single final match @ a neutral venue to determine the winner instead of this home n away final fixtures.
Is the VAR machine faulty that they refuse to look @ it?
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by mannatech: 7:48am On Jun 01, 2019
olaBC007:

2 disallowed goals, 1 in both legs and with time trickling down, and messiah var is faulty, they did the right thing.

This just expose the caf organization as inefficient.

2 Likes

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by femi4: 7:54am On Jun 01, 2019
Mynd44:

They were robbed. The goal was not offside and the referee declined to use VAR which is the standard procedure because the "equipment was faulty". If the pitch is bad and can't be used, matches get postponed so why was the match allowed to commence when they knew a vital part of the game was not functional?

That is highly unfair and wrong.

CAF has once again showed how silly they are
How manage.....Africa oh my Africa
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by silent10(m): 7:58am On Jun 01, 2019
BETPAWA:
Why do they play this kind of competition twice? I mean the finals.
Because of fans turnout. A lot of people in africa are poor, also there's no train network connecting African countries. So if the final should be played one leg in a neutral ground, there will be very low turnout from the clubs fans (and how many fans can afford to fly to go watch their club in another country?) so they make the final two legs(home and away) so there will be high turnout from the respective clubs fans, the organizers will also make good money from tickets sells.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Onazi Ogenyi's White Wedding Today / Alisson Karius? Fans Ridicule Liverpool Keeper After Leicester Blunder / Ghana Players Yet To Forgive Luis Suarez's 2010 World Cup Handball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.