Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,407 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) (34220 Views)

Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error / Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy / The VAR Controversy And Why Nigeria Needs To Be Careful Against Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Holymann(m): 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
olaolaking:
More than 2 hours is enough for them to rest now.

The question is, why did the referee refused to use VAR when it is available?
The equipment was faulty
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Iseoluwani: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2019
nobsalis:

Buhari get sense pass dis one.
pass ur papa
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Streetgent: 1:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hi43234:
Jojn Now!
scammer get thee behind us,THIEF!!!!
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by SirBunky85(m): 1:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
Rednaxelot:
Na “sakamaje”

We are in Ramadan period. The Wydad Casablanca guys were fasting and tired on the pitch. They just needed an occurrence to ease themselves off the game to rest in the name of protesting a disallowed goal.
are the Tunisian players not fasting too?
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by FunkyAlhaji2015: 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
tiwiex:

Then the rules need to change. Putting VAR decision strictly within officials opens room for mago mago. I think they need to borrow from tennis. Each team should have a number of VAR requests that must be accepted. FIFA obviously wants full control in the event they need to determine outcomes. This request is quite simplistic and I don't know why it was not considered.

That would solve some problems, but create others. Football is hardly a gentleman's game, players are hardly satisfied with any decision taken by the ref but they are falsed to fall in line because arguing with the ref results in a card. So, If they are to decide, then VAR will be used on almost every incident on the pitch. A game of 90min will extend into 4hrs or more.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by lomprico(m): 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
nobsalis:

Stop smoking please...
Not good for your system

OK, Shitbrain.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Sheikwonder(m): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2019
Reading through the comments here I shake my head, mostly because they are borne out of ignorance or naivete. You guys saying the Wydad players are gutless really don't get it. I watched the first leg of the finals played at Wydad's home in Morocco. VAR was used. The game ended 1-1 with Wydad shown a red card. However at some point during the game, Wydad scored just at the dying minutes of the first half. VAR was consulted and the goal was disallowed.

Now in the second leg at Tunisia, Wydad got a goal. Referee says it's disallowed. The Wydad guys say that's not good enough, consult VAR the same way you guys did in the first leg, Lo and behold, the referee refuses. Only later does the news emerge that the VAR equipment is faulty yet CAF didn't deem it fit to inform the teams about this development and subsequently postpone the match. Instead they carried on as usual until a major incident happened. I don't blame Wydad for protesting, it was completely unfair of CAF. CAF awarded the victory to Esperance, but ask yourself this: Would CAF have dared to do that had this second leg game taken place at Wydad's home under the same conditions? Do you think CAF would risk the wrath of the Wydad fans and declare that they had lost over a decision that was clearly caused by CAF'S incompetence? I think not. CAF took the easy way out and it is pathetic to say the least, a shame of epic proportions. A sad moment indeed for African football.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Febuhari6: 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2019
SO where is the video?
Nobody should bother to click this.

The first leg had ended 1-1 at Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium, Rabat with the Moroccans needing an away win to emerge as champions.

Fueled by a deafening noise inside Stade Olympique de Rades, Esperance took the lead in the 41st minute through Mohamed Belaili.

The game came to an abrupt end after the Moroccans walked off the pitch following referee Bakary Gassama's refusal to review Walid El Karti's disallowed strike for Wydad in the 58th minute.

With Wydad Casablanca failing to continue the game after more than two hours despite the intervention of Caf president Ahmad Ahmad, the Tunisians were crowned as champions.

Watch the video of the moment the players of Wydad Casablanca abandoned the game below;

Source: https://kikiotolu.com/wydad-casablanca-abandons-cafcl-final/[/quote]
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2019
OluBendel:

While I will chose to ignore your foul language, I will put it to you that the very reason for VAR is to eliminate these "errors" in football, not to justify it. If you ever watch Nigerian league football, you'd be appalled by the quality of officiating and it is a general malaise in African club football, what we need is solution and not excuses to further perpetuate the problem. I insist that the team were correct in abandoning the match, if it will help CAF start a process of addressing the issue frontally!
u fit officiate for Nigerian...when a referee is wee he is not sure of safety u want officiating to be top notch..if Nigeria League is fix rite with adequate protection for referee you ll know Nigerian referees are good..mind u a referee is human and not immune to errors which neccisated VAR But From wat I heard the VAR was had some technical glitches and both teams were aware of it... what I want u guys to understand is scenes like this are not peculiar to African soccer...however wydad should have continued with d game...sorry for the harsh words
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Jaylone(m): 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2019
Please what is the meaning of faulty VAR. Because basically it's just different camera angles with rewind, and slow down features. Put these with three referees to look at any incident that occurs in a match.
And the lame excuse is that the VAR is faulty, what a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by ayanbaba2(m): 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
Jaylone:
Please what is the meaning of faulty VAR. Because basically it's just different camera angles with rewind, and slow down features. Put these with three referees to look at any incident that occurs in a match.
And the lame excuse is that the VAR is faulty, what a shame.

correct oil dey your head!

instead for the official to eat the humble pie and review every angle from each camera... their next defence is that the VAR is not working!

I just love what those Moroccans did, those referees and other officials will do the needful next time!

they will happily accept any ban handed to them!

1 Like

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Ubdavis(m): 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2019
leo047:
you're a joker, watch the match and see for yourself....CAF is damn corrupt!

Going ballistic was very unnecessary!!! Learn to respect people's option. I referred to myself.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Ubdavis(m): 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
[quote author=silent10 post=78913695]
Even if they disallowed 2 goals you scored? & also blowing fouls against you? & when things looks like the officials are against you [/quot

I'll still complete the match. That me , I know about u...
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by 27Pushing30: 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mynd44:

They were robbed. The goal was not offside and the referee declined to use VAR which is the standard procedure because the "equipment was faulty". If the pitch is bad and can't be used, matches get postponed so why was the match allowed to commence when they knew a vital part of the game was not functional?

That is highly unfair and wrong.

CAF has once again showed how silly they are

Oga na the set up na CAF knew if VAR is used they can’t do any hanky panky na
Sheikwonder:
Reading through the comments here I shake my head, mostly because they are borne out of ignorance or naivete. You guys saying the Wydad players are gutless really don't get it. I watched the first leg of the finals played at Wydad's home in Morocco. VAR was used. The game ended 1-1 with Wydad shown a red card. However at some point during the game, Wydad scored just at the dying minutes of the first half. VAR was consulted and the goal was disallowed.

Now in the second leg at Tunisia, Wydad got a goal. Referee says it's disallowed. The Wydad guys say that's not good enough, consult VAR the same way you guys did in the first leg, Lo and behold, the referee refuses. Only later does the news emerge that the VAR equipment is faulty yet CAF didn't deem it fit to inform the teams about this development and subsequently postpone the match. Instead they carried on as usual until a major incident happened. I don't blame Wydad for protesting, it was completely unfair of CAF. CAF awarded the victory to Esperance, but ask yourself this: Would CAF have dared to do that had this second leg game taken place at Wydad's home under the same conditions? Do you think CAF would risk the wrath of the Wydad fans and declare that they had lost over a decision that was clearly caused by CAF'S incompetence? I think not. CAF took the easy way out and it is pathetic to say the least, a shame of epic proportions. A sad moment indeed for African football.
I heard the ref from the first leg was banned for 6 months! They rigged the first leg even with VAR !!! The ref has been banned for 6 months sef like how can you use VAR to rule out a clear goal in the first leg.. Wydad did the right thing and filed a complaint . Now second leg in a tough stadium to play in you manage a legitimate equalizer and dem no gree? Oya use VAR? oh sorry it’s not working? Lmaooo those Wydad players are heroes!

2 Likes

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by booksrite(f): 1:42am On Jun 29, 2019
Reading through the comments here I shake my head, mostly because they are borne out of ignorance or naivete. You guys saying the Wydad players are gutless really don't get it. I watched the first leg of the finals played at Wydad's home in Morocco. VAR was used. The game ended 1-1 with Wydad shown a red card. However at some point during the game, Wydad scored just at the dying minutes of the first half. VAR was consulted and the goal was disallowed. Now in the second leg at Tunisia, Wydad got a goal. Referee says it's disallowed. The Wydad guys say that's not good enough, consult VAR the same way you guys did in the first leg, Lo and behold, the referee refuses. Only later does the news emerge that the VAR equipment is faulty yet CAF didn't deem it fit to inform the teams about this development and subsequently postpone the match. Instead they carried on as usual until a major incident happened. I don't blame Wydad for protesting, it was completely unfair of CAF. CAF awarded the victory to Esperance, but ask yourself this: Would CAF have dared to do that had this second leg game taken place at Wydad's home under the same conditions? Do you think CAF would risk the wrath of the Wydad fans and declare that they had lost over a decision that was clearly caused by CAF'S incompetence? I think not. CAF took the easy way out and it is pathetic to say the least, a shame of epic proportions. A sad moment indeed for African football.

shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alisson Karius? Fans Ridicule Liverpool Keeper After Leicester Blunder / World Cup Qualifier Ends As Brazil Try To Deport 4 Argentine Players Mid-Match / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Hat-Trick As Portugal Win 6-0 Vs Lithuania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.