Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) (34211 Views)

Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error / Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy / The VAR Controversy And Why Nigeria Needs To Be Careful Against Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2019
oceaneverdry77:
The Match officials are the Main cause of what happened, they are not professional in that away goal disallowed, and its very unfair to that away team, and Africa football, and am still expecting more unprofessional refs in the forth coming ACN that was why African referees are rated lower that other Continents.
May GOD HELP AFRICA.
oga keep quiet there you think referees are spirit...italian colina now retired have done error before in 2004 he gave Porto a penalty when the foul was slightly outside the box...his error in 2006 made everton lose to Villarreal in UEFA playoff second leg as he disallow a correct goal for offside..we seen referees in Europe make mistake..u de talk rubbish here the var system was faulty...

2 Likes

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by OluBendel: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
oga keep quiet there you think referees are spirit...italian colina now retired have done error before in 2004 he gave Porto a penalty when the foul was slightly outside the box...his error in 2006 made everton lose to Villarreal in UEFA playoff second leg as he disallow a correct goal for offside..we seen referees in Europe make mistake..u de talk rubbish here the var system was faulty...

That was not an error oga, but daylight robbery! and it has been a recurring decimal in African football. What's the VAR for? It's a shame we brought our dirty habit to a major final. Let us stop blaming the victims. It's a good thing they abandoned the match, We must learn to do things right in Africa!

4 Likes

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by teachernnaa: 9:18am On Jun 01, 2019
CAF is a big disgrace, why should the referee refused to use VAR, cos the goal scorer was pretty onside, they know he was onside that's why the shameless referee and his masters refused to check through VAR. FIFA should investigate this and sanction those responsible.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Slymonster(m): 9:21am On Jun 01, 2019
PopeFlatino:
grin guy u get luck oo,,if na me play am Dem fit even call them back from dressing room to check am...bet no dey favour me again at all,if I bet for u,them go first score u and u know wat day means.That VAR don kill me since it's invention

For example,d last dat happened this week Mali under 20 vs Saudi under 20..imagine I carry Mali x2 and under 4.5.........i on gen for night to watch am life because that was my last game,Mali started dominating d match as expected,on d break Saudi counters and scores,d thing vex me because the goal came too early in favour of my opponent which isn't good for me,my prayer now was for Mali to equalize anytime,more preferably second half so that they won't play over 4.5 ..Now guess what happened,u need watch dat from YouTube

MALI committed foul in their 18 yard box,The Reef waved play on,I was Happy then after almost 3 mins of play when d ball went out the Ref started receiving that useless call,after much wait he went to view d incident,upon all my prayers because am sure it wasn't dat intentional by d player,d ref pointed to d spot but the Saudi player Missed it,I was so happy and my hope revived once more,can u imagine as they blow for cornerkick which came after d penalty clearance,d Ref received another call,they ordered for d penalty retake cry embarassed gave d keeper yellow card even for Stepping one foot out of d line before d d kick,,,my man na there I died kpatakpata,I just knew village people don dey follow my only source of income at d moment..Alas Saudi scored,But Mali later won 4-3 killing my bet of under 4.5.....but if na over 1.5 I play,those boys will play 90 mins just 1 goal,the ref and VAR will even cancel many along d line...I have suffered cry

Your own good o.. Sometimes i ask myself is there a problem with me or something. Always one game.Maybe betting is not for me lol
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 01, 2019
Played d game it was a mess

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 01, 2019
I feel like the goal wydad casablanca scored was a clean goal. wydad casablanca also protested for a penalty which I think they don't deserve bcus the ball didn't contact the defenders hand. but that match was really tough and intresting before the whole nonsense happened. this same this happen every day in Europe and even happened in world Cup but the players weren't this aggressive
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by RTSC: 9:32am On Jun 01, 2019
Why can't the final be played once in a chosen location like UEFA?
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by OlawaleBammie: 9:33am On Jun 01, 2019
drey076:
CAF that will organise home and away at the final
Ogbeni no b only caf joo, even in copa libertadores its home and away

1 Like

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by robosky02(m): 9:43am On Jun 01, 2019
Mynd44:

They were robbed. The goal was not offside and the referee declined to use VAR which is the standard procedure because the "equipment was faulty". If the pitch is bad and can't be used, matches get postponed so why was the match allowed to commence when they knew a vital part of the game was not functional?

That is highly unfair and wrong.

CAF has once again showed how silly they are

This ahmed led CAF will kill african football
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by brainhgeek(m): 9:47am On Jun 01, 2019
kikio1992:
It was a sad day for football in Africa as the 2019 Caf Champions League final between Es Tunis and Wydad Casablanca ended in embarrassment.

The first leg had ended 1-1 at Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium, Rabat with the Moroccans needing an away win to emerge as champions.

Fueled by a deafening noise inside Stade Olympique de Rades, Esperance took the lead in the 41st minute through Mohamed Belaili.

The game came to an abrupt end after the Moroccans walked off the pitch following referee Bakary Gassama's refusal to review Walid El Karti's disallowed strike for Wydad in the 58th minute.

With Wydad Casablanca failing to continue the game after more than two hours despite the intervention of Caf president Ahmad Ahmad, the Tunisians were crowned as champions.

Watch the video of the moment the players of Wydad Casablanca abandoned the game below;

Source: https://kikiotolu.com/wydad-casablanca-abandons-cafcl-final/

CAF's failure. Why would a final game have two legs?
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by oneTIMEman(m): 9:55am On Jun 01, 2019
drey076:
my brother, i wonder ooo.
Which kind Final be that
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by bewla(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2019
bankyblue:
Africa ehn! Anything can happen.
pls never blame if u having seen their is a match involving man u and Chelsea back then that man u wake out with before the
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Nwaide01: 10:19am On Jun 01, 2019
I think some of you who have been commenting so far don't understand what is VAR and how it's being used in a match, referee used the pitch side monitor only when the panelists feel that the incident being reviewed is a 50-50 situation otherwise they told him what to do at any given situation. So the players were wrong to tried to force him to reviewed it talk less of abandoning the match.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Nwaide01: 10:30am On Jun 01, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
Thanks bro I wonder when it is referee's responsibility to fixed faulty VAR
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by willexyaho(m): 10:36am On Jun 01, 2019
For them to disobey the president, they should also be banned.

VAR OR NO VAR.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by PopeFlatino(m): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2019
sad I think my case might be different from URS because last year I won very well but not big money in each though,but u see from February till now,Bet has broken my heart countless times...I think it all started the day I played Torino to win Bologna at home,that was my last game in two slips to win #50 k in sum...Torino first score led till around 30+ mins until this same VAR came in to hurt me by making d ref to award away a penalty after their controversial equalizer ,the match later ended 1-3 against Torino.

My problem is that I play every day,it's now a hobby..and this days I don't play with winning In mind,the winning mentality has disappeared...my house is filled with papers...one game ,two game..useless decisions by d refs has dealt with me..sometime i will play over 2.5,at 1-1 penalty might just be awarded to either team in d stoppage time,,,but for d fact that it's my last game ,they must miss it just to break my heart...infact bro am tired
Slymonster:

Your own good o.. Sometimes i ask myself is there a problem with me or something. Always one game.Maybe betting is not for me lol
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2019
OluBendel:

That was not an error oga, but daylight robbery! and it has been a recurring decimal in African football. What's the VAR for? It's a shame we brought our dirty habit to a major final. Let us stop blaming the victims. It's a good thing they abandoned the match, We must learn to do things right in Africa!
there are no errors in Europe abi...u no how many bad officiating favored man city last season In EPL..were u dead when river plate and Boca juniors were immersed in bad situations last season in South America they had to play the second leg in Madrid...wydad were wrong not to continue with the game...they should be punished...in 2010 world cup qualifiers...henry used hand to set d ball and cross to gallass who scored and Ireland were knocked out...replay showed it clearly but heaven no fall...even FIFA no order replay despite republic of Ireland protest...if there was VAR Barça will not knocked out Chelsea In 2011 semis at Standford bridge...after d referee refused to give some penalty call...u guys are just taking this matter to far football ll always have controversy like this it can't be perfect
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:42am On Jun 01, 2019
Nwaide01:
Thanks bro I wonder when it is referee's responsibility to fixed faulty VAR
baba leave them were they expecting gasama to give back the goal with VAR faulty..? no team should work out of a game no matter what happened...

1 Like

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Samsonklin(m): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2019
Magnifico2000:

That referee is highly stubborn and arrogant. I can remember vividly, after the game between Nigeria and South Africa, in which he cancelled two clean goals for Nigeria. Someone called him from Brila FM, one of the radio presenters, called his direct line on air.
The presenter asked him why he cancelled the goals and some decisions he got wrong. You know what he said, "Don't talk to me, talk to CAF or write a petition. I don't speak with journalist" and ended the call abruptly.
The guy is arrogant and rude. I understand referees don't speak with journalist but just admit you were wrong. I would have wished he was beaten thoroughly by those Moroccans.
You’re correct sir. People should just try and not be forming God with their positions up n down. That referee should just amend his ways abeg. Shuu
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by ridbell01(m): 10:52am On Jun 01, 2019
Mynd44:

They were robbed. The goal was not offside and the referee declined to use VAR which is the standard procedure because the "equipment was faulty". If the pitch is bad and can't be used, matches get postponed so why was the match allowed to commence when they knew a vital part of the game was not functional?

my oga that was in discipline.. Did you watch the semi final between Chelsea and barca where chelsea was robbed openly chelsea protest after the match and at the end 3 chelsea players were ban
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by bizhop01: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2019
The same will happen tonight
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Nwaide01: 10:54am On Jun 01, 2019
Mynd44:

Oga or madam you're wrong in this your postulations first no football organization will cancelled an already fixed match because of a faulty VAR which was likely to happened on a match that's already in progress secondly referees make mistake because they are human if in doubt watch fa cup quarter final between man city and Swansea.
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by tiwiex(m): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2019
FunkyAlhaji2015:

Players do not tell the referee when to review a decision via VAR, the VAR officials do.

So the players had no business trying bullying the ref into going to VAR.

Wydad should be sanctioned appropriately

Then the rules need to change. Putting VAR decision strictly within officials opens room for mago mago. I think they need to borrow from tennis. Each team should have a number of VAR requests that must be accepted. FIFA obviously wants full control in the event they need to determine outcomes. This request is quite simplistic and I don't know why it was not considered.

1 Like

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by mexzony: 11:30am On Jun 01, 2019
The issue here is presence of var favored Esperance in the first leg and now the absence of var favors them now. How can var not work at a crucial moment in time. It's nonsense

1 Like

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by Wisdomhood: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2019
kikio1992:

Last years final was also marred by VAR controversies...the first leg.

What is wrong with Africa?

It only in Africa that Final is home and away!!!! Can't they have a final in a neutral ground?
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by wizkidblogger(f): 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
I tire oo

drey076:
Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by mfm04622: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
BETPAWA:
Why do they play this kind of competition twice? I mean the finals.

More money!

Africa never develop reach organising it in a nuetral ground and getting a full stadium. Teams still rely on their fans.

1 Like

Re: Cafclfinal: Wydad Casablanca Abandons Game After VAR Controversy (Video) by OluBendel: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
there are no errors in Europe abi...u no how many bad officiating favored man city last season In EPL..were u dead when river plate and Boca juniors were immersed in bad situations last season in South America they had to play the second leg in Madrid...wydad were wrong not to continue with the game...they should be punished...in 2010 world cup qualifiers...henry used hand to set d ball and cross to gallass who scored and Ireland were knocked out...replay showed it clearly but heaven no fall...even FIFA no order replay despite republic of Ireland protest...if there was VAR Barça will not knocked out Chelsea In 2011 semis at Standford bridge...after d referee refused to give some penalty call...u guys are just taking this matter to far football ll always have controversy like this it can't be perfect

While I will chose to ignore your foul language, I will put it to you that the very reason for VAR is to eliminate these "errors" in football, not to justify it. If you ever watch Nigerian league football, you'd be appalled by the quality of officiating and it is a general malaise in African club football, what we need is solution and not excuses to further perpetuate the problem. I insist that the team were correct in abandoning the match, if it will help CAF start a process of addressing the issue frontally!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

World Cup Qualifier Ends As Brazil Try To Deport 4 Argentine Players Mid-Match / Alisson Karius? Fans Ridicule Liverpool Keeper After Leicester Blunder / Pictures Of Asisat Oshoala With The Antetokoumpo Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.