Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,804 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. (83445 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by nzeobi(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

I can't help out. The little I can do is what I have done by telling you not to think of going there. If you happen to go, remember this post when you get there.
if your guy had picked you up in Ghana would your story be like this.
I faced similar problem you faced when I went to Thailand last year but I succeeded and it didn't escalate as yours.
Will still write about it someday.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
nzeobi:

if your guy had picked you up in Ghana would your story be like this.
I faced similar problem you faced when I went to Thailand last year but I succeeded and it didn't escalate as yours.
Will still write about it someday.

I can't say what would have been the case if my guy picked up. My story was really cut short because I didn't expect the many comments when I started. I really saw the true grace of God in all the circumstances and the lesson I learnt was never to believe in what you see or what you hear. Trust your own instincts and be ready to make any move your instincts tell you to make. Thailand is even better than Indonesia to some extent but if you had such experience in Thailand and now you are thinking of going to Indonesia I can only see a worse experience. Please be well prepared to travel and being well prepared doesn't mean seeking information online like this because you will end up getting wrong info. If you even have enough money to travel, Indonesia is not an option because there is nothing there for you to do. Most of their citizens are traveling to other countries to do different sort of jobs as well just as we Nigerians do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by nzeobi(m): 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

I can't say what would have been the case if my guy picked up. My story was really cut short because I didn't expect the many comments when I started. I really saw the true grace of God in all the circumstances and the lesson I learnt was never to believe in what you see or what you hear. Trust your own instincts and be ready to make any move your instincts tell you to make. Thailand is even better than Indonesia to some extent but if you had such experience in Thailand and now you are thinking of going to Indonesia I can only see a worse experience. Please be well prepared to travel and being well prepared doesn't mean seeking information online like this because you will end up getting wrong info. If you even have enough money to travel, Indonesia is not an option because there is nothing there for you to do. Most of their citizens are traveling to other countries to do different sort of jobs as well just as we Nigerians do.
thanks for your concern bro.
the thing is I have my brother, friends and roommate there. so if one fails, another will turn up.

my issue with Thailand was not that I was abandoned but people asking me to pay rent immediately I arrived despite promising two free months without rent.
left them and went to a Hotel and everyday I will hit the streets looking for blacks cos I knew that If I meet 10 blacks at least 5 will be igbos and it went as planned.
I got a job and an accommodation immediately.

many things happened but we can't discuss all that now sha.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2019
nzeobi:

thanks for your concern bro.
the thing is I have my brother, friends and roommate there. so if one fails, another will turn up.

my issue with Thailand was not that I was abandoned but people asking me to pay rent immediately I arrived despite promising two free months without rent.
left them and went to a Hotel and everyday I will hit the streets looking for blacks cos I knew that If I meet 10 blacks at least 5 will be igbos and it went as planned.
I got a job and an accommodation immediately.

many things happened but we can't discuss all that now sha.

I feel you bro, something must happen at the end. But anyways be careful as you have made up your mind. I wish you all the best in your plans and hope you will achieve that which you desire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by datigbogirl: 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2019
naijaguy123456:
OP you have your self to blame for poor planning. Number one sin is you left Nigeria broke and you entered another man country broke. You could have save little money and keep with your trusted friend or family then when you are desperate overseas they can send you tiny bits.
I met countless Nigerians who made it to Europe through African countries most especially Ivory Coast .
If you enter Europe with no papers then they know you are a Nigerian, 99.9 percent you are coming back home I swear . But if you go first to other African countries and get the knowledge of that country like you know the tribes, few languages, cultures, their foods etc then if you made it to Europe you have 50-50 chance as you can claim you are not from Nigeria.
There was a man I’ll call Mr T an Igbo man left naija for Ivory Coast then he entered holland . He was able to get paper in Holland because he claimed Ivorian, if he claimed naija 95 percent they won’t give him.
Another man I know went to Uk from Ivory Coast, claimed asylum he was refused, they took him to Ivory Coast embassy in Uk, the embassy agreed he speaks French and their language but his accent is not from them. Home office took him to Nigeria embassy. At Nigeria embassy he started speaking French non stop. The embassy staff told home office this guy doesn’t speak a word of Nigeria language and English. After 3 years of dragging it on and off, home office gave him paper.

Oh boy, see runs oh...
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 10, 2019
Rhea:

I am not sure what someone with an above-average-level command of written english in nigeria today would end up in a ghetto in Accra. Good story, just does not add up.

As in... I had to just console him, but his motive wasn't clear.

Since he's been thru a lot, I found it unnecessary to ask him such. But honestly, Nigeria is still the gold mine of West Africa. Only a few African countries are better than Nigeria in terms of opportunities. Just a sad thing that we don't keep records in this country, thanks to the almost non-existent immigration policy. So many West Africans are milking Nigeria on a daily basis, tax-free.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Jamersirwin1971: 5:53am On Jun 10, 2019
nzeobi:

bro please if you are still in Ghana, you can quote me back cos I want you to help me make some enquiries.

I am still in Ghana
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by nzeobi(m): 12:48pm On Jun 10, 2019
Jamersirwin1971:

I am still in Ghana
wish I can your whatsapp but please can you please help me enquire what it will cost to travel from Ghana to Indonesia from any travel agency there.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by onatisi(m): 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
spako4:
Na real suffer
Bros do you know what ppl call Accra? ACCRA BE CRY YOUR OWN CRY. No mercy or pity in Accra , the op is very very correct, Nigerians are the nicest ppl in the world to beggars, in Accra if you like tell them the devil just killed ur parents and robbed you , they will just look at you and move away.
I slept on the streets of tudu for 6 solid months in tudu with dirty junkies ,before I aggressively moved out , space and time here can permit many to say what their eyes saw or what they went through in Accra before making it .
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

Let me try to cut the long story short so I don't have to write in different pages.
Staying at that shop space close to the church was a nightmare because when rain falls at night we are practically sleeping under the rain. The
Hi OP, can you fill in this part in your blog? I know you skipped it because you didn't want to consume much space, but you can put it in your blog, I'd like to read it. Thanks.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2019
Penisinpenisout:
Hi OP, can you fill in this part in your blog? I know you skipped it because you didn't want to consume much space, but you can put it in your blog, I'd like to read it. Thanks.
Ok I will do that. I was already thinking of settling down to give the full story on the blog.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 12:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
Penisinpenisout:

I haven't forgotten this your message, I am still writing as much as I can so that I can settle down, go through everything and do all the editing on the blog so that the blog has the complete story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
Thanks man. I appreciate.
DonFebzyBlog:

I haven't forgotten this your message, I am still writing as much as I can so that I can settle down, go through everything and do all the editing on the blog so that the blog has the complete story.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 5:48pm On May 07, 2020
I have been away for quite a while and I guess many have missed my story a lot. I never knew I could spend the time I did writing this story but hopefully I will continue very soon. I hope you all are safe and sound during this corona virus issue.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ralphken7(m): 11:54pm On May 11, 2020
Ugosample:

You are not getting my point

and I will not explain further

Quality of life in NiggerArea is amongst the worst
So mitigate against that, you need a whole lot...

And yea, i run a business in CIV, but get to travel to other destinations to spend some time....

the country has a unique charm that's why I planted some roots there.....

That's just it....

And yes, I'll say it anytime, They have a better standard of living than NiggerArea

And it's a functioning country cheesy

Ease of doing business A1

etc

Eventually I will need to settle properly to raise kids and all, cos nomad life has expiry date

But even if I don't raise kids in CIV, that country has a special place in my heart for being so good to me.

Hi, i would love to have a Conversation with you personally, would you mind dropping your mail so i can contact you?
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ralphken7(m): 12:03am On May 12, 2020
We too sabi abeg!
I was saying this on one thread like this on NL all those Homebase mumu boys dey argue.
I dey move tonight at 9pm dey go do my business for Yankee!
Once you have a functional,business account in these countries with good turnover,VISA na cake walk.
All these Homebase dem sef grin
They like to dey for Ikotun for lagos dey talk wetin dey happen for Egypt.
Once dem get 150k job for Lagos,buy tiger generator,rent one bedroom flat and buy 04 corolla,life don end for them be that cheesy
Travel dey say no.LOL! grin

Show me way baba... Drop your mail make i hala you, i wan move enter abidjan soon, i need some brushing up biko nwannem
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ndipe(m): 8:50am On May 12, 2020
Ironies of life, other Africans leave their country and strike it rich, while Nigerians migrate to other African countries with the same result.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by 7evenT7: 10:35am On Sep 23, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) / Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) / Kechi Okwuchi: Throwback Photo Of Sosoliso Air Crash Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.