Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? (22750 Views)

Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall / Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University / Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Kingluqman(m): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2019
ImageDoctor:
Academy and being a student doesn't really end only on reading. Try to be diplomatic, learn act of lobbying, dramatize situations(cry before them) and understand your environment.

My problem here is that the verdict has been dispatched, but I'm saying for others to learn.

At my final year, I had similar situation, I had no money and no one to guild or advice me. I went to my house and all thinking how to get myself out of the mess. I came up with the ideas of dramatizing and sympathy lobbying. I couldnt rest until I sort myself out, before the panels.

The following days, I start looking for who and who that will be in the panel commit to pass the verdict of rustication. I found out two. I went before their office shed some crocodile tears, they were all touch emotionally. They are the ones consoling and sympathizing with me.

So, before the panels day, the day of judgement, I went before everyone, I cried openly and publicly. Such that most of panel committe members and fine babes around saw me.

So, it happens when I was invited in, one of the person I met was the chief committe and also the Sub Dean of the faculty. What later happen was miracle and I still give God thanks up till date. I was acquitted.

Sorry, to say that most of the students who faces panel the same day was give 3 years suspension and few rusticated.

Bro, sense will not kill you.
grin

7 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by SmellingAnus(m): 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2019
Op , you better go and tell your parents about your predicament... They will not kill you... Las las They will even ask you why you didn't tell them on time...

2 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
Jerryfrush1:
Mine was Aau ekpoma,although I wasn't given any letter,I saw my name on the school notice board nd immediately I made an appeal for forgiveness or alternatively if they could allow me complete this session nd serve the punishment next year i.e if my colleagues re going for service I won't follow Dem I would wait behind to serve the punishment but my appeal wasn't approved.nd Ave paid my fees nd dues before the suspension came up nd am making anoda appeal now if they could defer my payments of sch fees nd dues against next year own,nd I do hope dae approve it.
Nd besides before I could get results from the letter I pened down to the VC it took me over two months.
Since d sch hasn't released the letter of expulsion/rustification of students it's best you guy follow up the matter seriously else wen dey release d bulletin of students dae suspended it would be hard for Dem to erase students name.
U guys shouldn't wait till dae release the letter yet,start meeting some persons.
Thanks for this.
We actually started making calls and discussing with relevant authorities in charge but landmark university apparently is tough!
I actually do admire their strict policies and how they Prove they upheld their principles but I just hope they look into the matter more before expelling him. Unfortunately the letter has bin drafted. We hoping on the appeal as it stands. We aiint against punishment but the capital punishment is hard!
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
tolanibae:
First of, OP is the one that got expelled, op is just lying that it was a friend just the way op is lying that he/she didn’t intentionally cheat.

I have heard this lie too many times, you brought a material to the exam hall but claimed you were using it for revision the other night. Big fat lie. Were u even allowed to use those devices at landmark in the first place?
Hahahahhahahaha darling.. you sound too sure it’s me. Well I appreciate your blunt opinion but you are wrong.
I live in London, United Kingdom.

10 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Theaimischips: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hey

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by crafteck(m): 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ur feeding u nonsense, so there's material in the ipod, just not the ones that the question came out and he brought it to the exam, im sure people were dropping revision materials as the paper was about to start and he didn't.... Go and waste ur money.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by AllenSpencer: 1:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
He should go and buy JAMB form.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by MzTunechi(f): 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2019
ImageDoctor:
Academy and being a student doesn't really end only on reading. Try to be diplomatic, learn act of lobbying, dramatize situations(cry before them) and understand your environment.

My problem here is that the verdict has been dispatched, but I'm saying for others to learn.

At my final year, I had similar situation, I had no money and no one to guild or advice me. I went to my house and all thinking how to get myself out of the mess. I came up with the ideas of dramatizing and sympathy lobbying. I couldnt rest until I sort myself out, before the panels.

The following days, I start looking for who and who that will be in the panel commit to pass the verdict of rustication. I found out two. I went before their office shed some crocodile tears, they were all touch emotionally. They are the ones consoling and sympathizing with me.

So, before the panels day, the day of judgement, I went before everyone, I cried openly and publicly. Such that most of panel committe members and fine babes around saw me.

So, it happens when I was invited in, one of the person I met was the chief committe and also the Sub Dean of the faculty. What later happen was miracle and I still give God thanks up till date. I was acquitted.

Sorry, to say that most of the students who faces panel the same day was give 3 years suspension and few rusticated.

cheesy cheesy too much sense

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Sammiel: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
I have a clean US-used Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for sale @ 32k check this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/5211079/clean-samsung-galaxy-note-4
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
Schools still expell people in this time of high rate of unemployment. Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Timieric: 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2019
Well, as a legal practitioner, I would suggest the family seek the service of a lawyer. then the lawyer should write a letter to the Office of the Vice chancellor of the school then the lawyer should try and privately meet with the Head of the legal section of the university.. and beckon on him on how to reach out members of the senate. This method was what I used in FUOYE and AAUA ondo state for my clients in yr.2017.it was successful.

6 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Bossjakande: 2:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:

Hahahahhahahaha darling.. you sound too sure it’s me. Well I appreciate your blunt opinion but you are wrong.
I live in London, United Kingdom. About finishing my doctorate in computing and information Systems. I do understand the possibility of your opinion but this is so wrong of you to insinuate!
I shouldn’t be doing this but I see some few people may be of the same opinion.
Search the name Francisca Umeh on google.
u sound nice and matured dear. let me ask u did u wish to come back to naija. if I born a baby dere will my wife and baby be a citizens

2 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by crafteck(m): 2:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
Bossjakande:
u sound nice and matured dear. let me ask u did u wish to come back to naija. if I born a baby dere will my wife and baby be a citizens

See people turning thread upside down, we are in dis next level 2geda

3 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by teebaxy(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
No case at all , he is not the first that will get expelled for such purpose and definitely not be the last .... Oyedepo that I know doesn't bend his rules for no one ... If you like hire the best lawyer in the world , get president Trump of America to plea on your behave the fact will still remain that your friend has been expelled ... Let him move on ... Expulsion is not the end of life as your former sub Dean (Mrs. Oyinloye ) will say
Shalom
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by imam07: 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
Landmark expelled my friend this just concluded semester for taking a device (iPod) into the exam hall. He didn’t cheat with the device and He assured them to double check with his script.
They called him for a defence panel and the verdict has been dispatched- EXPELLED.
What can he do please.
Anyone with similar experience(s). Please useful information will be very much appreciated.
Is it possible to revoke this verdict? Can it be appealed and what is the chance that he will win: is there anyone he could speak to or something. We don’t mind punishment for taking the device into the exam hall but expelling is a capital punishment and He didn’t even cheat with the device.
Please help save a young man from sliding into possible tension and depression!

@Mod please could you move this to the front page. I beg you please. We need help.
@lalastica please kindly move this to the front page.
You or your friend

2 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by lilyheaven: 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
Your friend is very stubborn, this is were it has landed him, he is going to learn how to keep instructions in a hard way.
I know it hurts now, but these discipline will help him in future.
If they have money, he should travel out of this country and complete his education.
Because if he wants to go with lawyers as others suggested, it will take time, yet his victory is not sure
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by lookingfly: 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
Very correct and you hit the nail right on the head.
He explained the scenario that led to that incident. The iPod is the device he use for revision nd had used that the night before the exam. So there were materials on the device but these were for revision purposes and he had not intended to use it. INFACT, he emphatically asked that they check his answer script with the material found on the device - his argument is that he didn’t use the material.
But the uni expelled him based on the material.
He can’t inform his mom; for fear of high blood pressure and tension. But his guardian ( elder sister) is very much in talks with the lawyer as it stands. The hope is that the appeal would yield a positive outcome. We don’t mind punishment but expelling after how many millions - now that is truly hard.

why didn't he simply give someone the iPod to hold for him till after exams, could be a junior in the same faculty or even security officers at the gate of the examination hall. This is an avoidable mistake.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by sisisioge: 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hmmm...so long as it was clearly defined in the examination policy that electronic devices such as the one he took with him is not allowed, and there was recommendation for discipline, you friend don't stand a chance. However, he could get a power to assist with a revoke. But, powers are usually reluctant to revoke things like this so as not to set unwanted precedent.

Biko tell him to learn from this and move on...the law is the law.

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by wirinet(m): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
Landmark expelled my friend this just concluded semester for taking a device (iPod) into the exam hall. He didn’t cheat with the device and He assured them to double check with his script.
They called him for a defence panel and the verdict has been dispatched- EXPELLED.
What can he do please.
Anyone with similar experience(s). Please useful information will be very much appreciated.
Is it possible to revoke this verdict? Can it be appealed and what is the chance that he will win: is there anyone he could speak to or something. We don’t mind punishment for taking the device into the exam hall but expelling is a capital punishment and He didn’t even cheat with the device.
Please help save a young man from sliding into possible tension and depression!

@Mod please could you move this to the front page. I beg you please. We need help.
@lalastica please kindly move this to the front page.

Sorry to say, your friend has a very bad case. He should have presented all his defense and begging during the defense. After humpty Dumpty fell of the wall, it is impossible to put together again. You will waste money hiring a lawyer.

You were not there, either in the exam hall or at the defence, so you do not know exactly what transpired. You are vouching for him based on emotional attachments, but the law does not work that way. He was probably caught during the exams with the incriminating evidence. He was not caught before or after exams. You did not state under what circumstances he was caught. Why was he search during exams? Did he reach out for the IPOD? Where was the IPOD, in his pocket or hidden somewhere?

He did not have to use the IPOD to be guily, apart from the mere fact that he brought it into the exam Hall is an offence, any attempt to use it is also an offense.

I don't have any advice but for your friend to beg, authorities higher up, if he knows any influential person in society, now is the time to call the person. He should beg them to forgo the year

3 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by jtjohn(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
TheTourist:
He should just do WOFBI and appeal with the certificates also show remorse and he should be prepared to lose at least an academic session. (Talking from experience)

chia, all this babes with savagery, lol, I believe they can have mercy on him if actually he did not cheat with the ipod, even the Bible says I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy on and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion on...

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Dotman2210(m): 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
tolanibae:
First of, OP is the one that got expelled, op is just lying that it was a friend just the way op is lying that he/she didn’t intentionally cheat.

I have heard this lie too many times, you brought a material to the exam hall but claimed you were using it for revision the other night. Big fat lie. Were u even allowed to use those devices at landmark in the first place?
Does it really matter...?drop your advice and move whether she is the one or not does that increase your account balance?

7 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by AmazingELixir: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
Bossjakande:

My friend you're not going anywhere....you can't vote in a tyrant and be prepping to migrate.

We must all feel this heat together..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Sage7(m): 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:

I live in London, United Kingdom.

The way she even jumped into conclusion with all assuidity is bemusing.

It ain’t hard to tell, Na them!

OP, recently most private schools don’t avert such decisions. There is no harm in trying.

Keep an eye on the victim, cases of depression which subsequently leads to suicide is on the high.

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Balyz: 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
He explained the scenario that led to that incident. The iPod is the device he use for revision nd had used that the night before the exam. So there were materials on the device but these were for revision purposes and he had not intended to use it. INFACT, he emphatically asked that they check his answer script with the material found on the device - his argument is that he didn’t use the material.
He can’t inform his mom; for fear of high blood pressure and tension. But his guardian ( elder sister) is very much in talks with the lawyer as it stands. The hope is that the appeal would yield a positive outcome. We don’t mind punishment but expelling after how many millions - now that is truly hard.

Everything depends on the rules of the institution. If there is a specific rule explicitly stating that the punishment for bringing an electronic device into the exam hall is outright expulsion, then your friend has no case and you had best advise him to write another JAMB.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Krossbow123: 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:

exam rules are exam rules. you must not be caught using any material before u are expelled. once u r caught with any material especially related to the paper, Bros na expel be that whether u were using it or not. some universities now band all electronics including wristwatches to the exam venue

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Let him meet his HOD, even if they removed the verdict, they will still suspend him for two years, if they suspend him for one year then he is very lucky. I guess the iPod contained some notes or assignments.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by trevorhorace(m): 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
NOUN is always there for him/you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unizik Releases 2014/2015 2nd Batch Admission List / ASUU May Join NLC Strike / Oyin Odukudu Graduate With First Class From A UK University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.