Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? (22751 Views)

Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall / Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University / Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Mires: 5:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
Every institution including Landmark University has students handbook where don't are clearly spelt out with corresponding consequences. Your friend has written several examinations right from primary school to the level he/she was expelled. In all, the simple instructions is "Students shouldn't enter examination hall with any material other than their writing material". There's no caveat that says, "A student will not be expelled if he/she is found not to used the material". Hence, your friend is guilty.

A rational mind like me will want to believe that he took iPod into the examination hall with the intention to use the information therein. If he claims that he didn't use the information in the iPod, I will be forced to conclude that there's possibility that there's tight invigilation. Hence, he's guilty as charged and the institution act accordingly.

Your friend need to be told that it is more honourable to fail than to cheat. He might say that he didn't cheat given that he didn't use the information in the iPod. However, none of us not even any member of the disciplinary committee that expelled him is God to see one's heart.

Be that as it may, your friend doesn't require the service of a lawyer to appeal the case. No one cares the millions of naira that he has expended. Law must take its due course to act as deterrent to others. However, he can appeal for his punishment to be reduced and admit that he has committed an offence in the first place. Discipline must be established in all ramifications.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by mechanics(m): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
Why did he took the device into the exam hall when he knew fully well it won't be useful to him?
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Smeek(m): 5:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
Landmark expelled my friend this just concluded semester for taking a device (iPod) into the exam hall. He didn’t cheat with the device and He assured them to double check with his script.
They called him for a defence panel and the verdict has been dispatched- EXPELLED.
What can he do please.
Anyone with similar experience(s). Please useful information will be very much appreciated.
Is it possible to revoke this verdict? Can it be appealed and what is the chance that he will win: is there anyone he could speak to or something. We don’t mind punishment for taking the device into the exam hall but expelling is a capital punishment and He didn’t even cheat with the device.
Please help save a young man from sliding into possible tension and depression!

@Mod please could you move this to the front page. I beg you please. We need help.
@lalastica please kindly move this to the front page.
Find your way to Living Faith Church, Goshen. Km 26 Abuja - Keffi Road. Appeal to authorities to help you speak with Bishop Abioye. He will definitely help you. BUT be very very sincere with the Bishop. Go with your expelled friend.

2 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Promise47(m): 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
he should go and write jamb again that was how delsu give me 6semester for a crime I never commit but I am free now
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
Landmark expelled my friend this just concluded semester for taking a device (iPod) into the exam hall. He didn’t cheat with the device and He assured them to double check with his script.
They called him for a defence panel and the verdict has been dispatched- EXPELLED.
What can he do please.
Anyone with similar experience(s). Please useful information will be very much appreciated.
Is it possible to revoke this verdict? Can it be appealed and what is the chance that he will win: is there anyone he could speak to or something. We don’t mind punishment for taking the device into the exam hall but expelling is a capital punishment and He didn’t even cheat with the device.

@Mod please could you move this to the front page. I beg you please. We need help.

All I see is a lying student. He had no opportunity to use it that's why he didnt use it. Firstly, why did he carry the device? Stop trying to make a fool of the authority of the school. Your friend is as guilty as they get. He wanted to do malpractice.
Here's a scenario to help you understand. Guns are illegal in Nigeria, Mr A was cut with a gun. Mr. A argument was that I was with a gun but didn't use it. Oga, tell your friend to move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Askmewhy(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
Was he told not to bring such into the exam hall, yes or yes?

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Greatzeus(m): 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:

Thanks for your input. It is an intense period indeed and there are many things we look back now and realise we could have done things differently. I would be unfair to judge him just because I know I personally had fallen into a dark place - different shades, different trials but same temptation.
I do appreciate you blunt stance. It helps in reprimanding him against the future.
You know too much about the guy and even his mood before the exam,where you following him everywhere before the exam and where you seated beside him to be defending him this much?. Just come clean and tell us you are the guy in question and stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by texazzpete(m): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
Very correct and you hit the nail right on the head.
He explained the scenario that led to that incident. The iPod is the device he use for revision nd had used that the night before the exam. So there were materials on the device but these were for revision purposes and he had not intended to use it. INFACT, he emphatically asked that they check his answer script with the material found on the device - his argument is that he didn’t use the material.
But the uni expelled him based on the material.
He can’t inform his mom; for fear of high blood pressure and tension. But his guardian ( elder sister) is very much in talks with the lawyer as it stands. The hope is that the appeal would yield a positive outcome. We don’t mind punishment but expelling after how many millions - now that is truly hard.

He carried a device filled with course material into the Hall. That's 'expo', for all intents and purposes. The excuse you give doesn't even hold water. If he used it to revise in the night before the exam, why was it still on him the next day? Didn't he change clothes?

That's like being caught with pages of course material in the hall and you try to claim it as 'forgotten revision notes'.

I'm not sure what he can do, to be honest. Let him try begging for clemency.

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by chukwuibuipob: 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed sad shocked embarassed embarassed.oyedepo sch cannot bend the rule cos of U..Dnt go waste ur money on Lawyer..i doubt those peepz there will bend the rules/have mercy on U.If it is a Fed/state sch now,u for use one chief,landlord to help u out.U can use FAITH if u think we dey deceive u from seeking for sofr land....
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by deltateam: 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
Very correct and you hit the nail right on the head.
He explained the scenario that led to that incident. The iPod is the device he use for revision nd had used that the night before the exam. So there were materials on the device but these were for revision purposes and he had not intended to use it. INFACT, he emphatically asked that they check his answer script with the material found on the device - his argument is that he didn’t use the material.
But the uni expelled him based on the material.
He can’t inform his mom; for fear of high blood pressure and tension. But his guardian ( elder sister) is very much in talks with the lawyer as it stands. The hope is that the appeal would yield a positive outcome. We don’t mind punishment but expelling after how many millions - now that is truly hard.

Do you also read what you posted? Does it make sense to you?

He revised with it and still brought it to the exam for what purpose exactly?

He probably knew the rules of the university but felt invincible.

Besides he could have brought it as a reminder. Asking them to check whether the answer correspond with the device amounts to calling his lecturers fools.
Sharp students know how to twist answers when dubbing.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by deltateam: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
mechanics:
Why did he took the device into the exam hall when he knew fully well it won't be useful to him?

Oga its "Why did he take....." not 'took'
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by pland(m): 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
What can he do please.

I could help him continue from the level he stops in another University. Please note that this is a genuine and sincere intention from me. Whatsapp +2348062927792

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by pland(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2019
I could help him continue from the level he stops in another University. Please, note that this is a genuine and sincere intention from me. Whatsapp +2348062927792
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Chidonc(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:

Thanks for your input. It is an intense period indeed and there are many things we look back now and realise we could have done things differently. I would be unfair to judge him just because I know I personally had fallen into a dark place - different shades, different trials but same temptation.
I do appreciate you blunt stance. It helps in reprimanding him against the future.
he flopped really bad in his speech to Senate making them look like fools. his defence should have been he slept off during revision and was already late for his exams when he woke up, since he wanted doing tdb and going straight to his exams venue without returning to his hostel till after his exams he took his id cards and other needed materials along, in the course of the rush, he took his ipod along and forgot to present it to the exams supervisor. he his truely sorry and wont repeat such next time. common sense would have save him this stress, imagine telling the police you didn't mean to rape someone but accidentally fell on her and your joy stick slides in, who believes that, a friend of mine did something much worst in final year, but by the time he was called, he presented it in such a way they felt pity for him. no punishment was melted to him.

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Kdon2: 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Very unconvincing. He hasn't come clean yet.

He knew IPads/iPods were banned yet he came in with one that had study materials.

Claiming he had no intention of using it is like saying one had no intention to rape, but did it by mistake.

His Family would waste a lot of money on lawyers...that's for sure.

I wouldn't sugarcoat anything here unlike others

Guilty as charged abeg.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2019
Chidonc:

he flopped really bad in his speech to Senate making them look like fools. his defence should have been he slept off during revision and was already late for his exams when he woke up, since he wanted doing tdb and going straight to his exams venue without returning to his hostel till after his exams he took his id cards and other needed materials along, in the course of the rush, he took his ipod along and forgot to present it to the exams supervisor. he his truely sorry and wont repeat such next time. common sense would have save him this stress, imagine telling the police you didn't mean to rape someone but accidentally fell on her and your joy stick slides in, who believes that, a friend of mine did something much worst in final year, but by the time he was called, he presented it in such a way they felt pity for him. no punishment was melted to him.
Dear you are very logical and true to your words, things would have turn out differently. And what you explained isn’t far from what happened to him. We gon get through this I know and I appreciate all the suggestions and opinions. Thanks again.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by mechanics(m): 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
deltateam:

noted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by mechanics(m): 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
deltateam:

explain why you said take, remember took is the past tense of take.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
MorufuAtanda:
He doesn't need to have any implicating materials on the IPod. All he needed was to adhere to simple school rules which says 'DO NOT BRING IN ANY FORM OF DEVICE INTO THE EXAM HALL.

In all my years of experience, in terms of obedience goats are better than human being, I once helped my professor invigilate a class, It was reiterated severally that no device must enter the exam hall for whatever reason, even when students were seated, they gave everyone a second chance to submit their devices, but some stubborn students among them (who sicken me to my stomach) still keep their devices with them until they were searched and caught.

Now how do you begin to sympathize with such cantankerous fellows? Of course, they were expelled, and rightly so.

Who dash monkey banana?

No be fan yogo you dey sell ? Where you see students invigilate ? grin cheesy

Mechionu, you this yeebow tongue

1 Like

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by AlphaT1(m): 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
What can he do please.

Why did he take a device to exam hall? When he knew dat electronic devices are banned from exam hall. If he knows any influential person; a king, a lecturer or staff of the institution who can help him beg the authorities, they might consider his appeal.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by amaben2020(m): 11:52am On Jun 03, 2019
He should be expelled, didn't he know the implication? Or you wanna tell me he didn't know an iPod was in his pocket? My sister is in landmark and I think iPod is a contraband
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Bossjakande: 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
AmazingELixir:

My friend you're not going anywhere....you can't vote in a tyrant and be prepping to migrate.

We must all feel this heat together..
lol u are not serious. let give baba a chance to do right pls.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Ololade4god(m): 1:56pm On Jun 03, 2019
The last time i checked, the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Olayanju who happens to be my post graduate supervisor. He is a listening father. Go and meet him
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
Is he a fresher? Why does he need an iPod in an examination hall?

francescainnoce:

They took the iPod, and they are still with the device. The family are quite careful with telling him about the expelling. But now, they invited a barrister to help appeal. Please dear thanks for replying so quick. Do you know about the appeal process? After the expelling, what honestly can be done.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 04, 2019
Promise47:
he should go and write jamb again that was how delsu give me 6semester for a crime I never commit but I am free now
Have you graduated from Delsu or you wrote Jamb again?
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2019
francescainnoce:
What can he do please.

you or your friend is lying. who saves exam materials to a tiny ipod screen to read? do you have any idea how difficult that is? why do you think so many kids on nl demand for summary? because it is HARD to read large blocks of text o a small screen.

there is no way your friend was reading all night on an ipod screen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unizik Releases 2014/2015 2nd Batch Admission List / ASUU May Join NLC Strike / Oyin Odukudu Graduate With First Class From A UK University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.