Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa (39474 Views)

EFCC Demands Naira Marley’s Transaction History From Mastercard, Visa / EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And visa / Naira Marley: GTB, Mastercard, Visa Representatives To Testify Against Singer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

Now I know U r brain dead, privacy laws are very strong in the west, the case of Apple V FBI was a benchmark for privacy law, what am I even saying arguing with a garri headed individuals

Bruh. Don’t bother yourself. They are a lot of kids on Nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by munas: 1:29am On Jun 02, 2019
Masterppower:
Let's open a united mass protest against master and visa card companies releasing that information untill Yusuf BUHARI releases his own transaction records.

All buharis cousins and now trilionnaires and they are here making noise about naira marley

You are just a GOAT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by Holyhead(m): 1:52am On Jun 02, 2019
If you read these article well you will know that the guy is innocent and probably is not the owner of the laptop because from my read ing after he was arrested on the 10th of may someone else use the card on the 13th let think of it ..how can he use the card in efcc custody that means the card details or physical card is with someone else and mind u it not Nigeria Visa card . I rest my case ���
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by Chidonc(m): 2:21am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

You when it comes to court and cases, the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, there must be no IFs or BUTS.Now Im not saying he is going to get off with it.let's look at the facts so far
1 No crime has been committed as of yet cos having cards with different names in ur possession is not a crime rather using them to commit fraud is a crime.
2 They the EFCC did not bother to request the identities of the person on whose names are on the cards to see if they are genuine cards
3 The privacy laws in the west btw institutions and individual are so strong you can't just give out details hence I made reference to Apple when they refuse to Unlock an iPhone belonging to a dead suicide boomber.FBI took them to court and lost. Apple won, this was a case of national security let alone VISA card transaction
marley is not winning this case, efcc has him on the balls, the owners of those atm cards are either non existent or impersonation, either way, it is still a strong offence.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by adabsmith(m): 2:31am On Jun 02, 2019
titiloyeblog:
@titiloyeblog.com

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has written Visa Inc. and Mastercard Inc. to furnish it with details on credit cards used by musician, Azeez Fashola, popularly known as Naira Marley.

The commission said the cards recovered from the artiste during his arrest were used for alleged identity theft and credit card fraud. According to court documents obtained by Punch, the EFCC’s letters to Visa and Mastercard – titled, ‘Investigation Activities’ – was dated May 13, 2019, three days after it arrested Naira Marley.

The letters were signed by the Zonal Head, EFCC, Lagos, Dein Whyte. “The commission is investigating a case of identity theft and electronic cards-related fraud in which the listed card information was recovered during the investigation,” EFCC’s letter to Visa and Mastercard partly read.

In the letter to Visa, the commission asked the company to provide information about the last five transactions on each of three Visa cards recovered from Naira Marley. The first card with number 4921819410257431 was issued by Lloyds Bank Plc and bears the name Timea Fedorne Tatar. The second card with number 4539782440624281 was issued by Barclays Bank Plc and bears the name Nicole Louise Maylon, while the third card with number 4757147207869807 was issued by Santander UK Plc and bears the name Sharon Broad.

Likewise, in the EFCC’s letter to Mastercard, the commission asked the company to furnish it with information about the last five transactions on a Mastercard card recovered from the musician. The card with number 5354631405139323 was issued by Prepay Technologies Ltd and bears the name Linh H. Mendez Rojas.

Naira Marley was arrested on May 10 at 9 Gbangbala Street, Ikate, Lekki, Lagos, together with Omomniyi Temidayo (aka Zlatan Ibile) and three others for alleged advance fee fraud. Following his arrest, the anti-graft agency filed an 11-count against Naira Marley. The charges with suit number FHC/L/178C/19 were filed before a Lagos State High Court.

The artist was later arraigned before Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos, on May 20, 2019. Following his arraignment, Justice Oweibo ordered that Naira Marley be remanded in the prison custody until May 30 to take the bail application filed by the defendant’s counsel, Taiwo Oreagba.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/06/efcc-demands-naira-marleys-transaction.html

Have they not done every research before charging him to court?
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by Martins6545: 2:50am On Jun 02, 2019
Mumu efcc

Naira Marley is a living legend, they can't stop that fact

Marlian's day, may 30th

Long live the legend
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by JAWBONE(m): 2:59am On Jun 02, 2019
Masterppower:
Let's open a united mass protest against master and visa card companies releasing that information untill Yusuf BUHARI releases his own transaction records.

All buharis cousins and now trilionnaires and they are here making noise about naira marley

Oga you cannot use Buhari to deflect from Marley's criminal activities. That's not how it works. It's not Buhari who sent Marley to steal and you guys should stop finding everyway to legitimise crime. If dem don move money from your account, you go know how e be. Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by Larryndelaw: 3:26am On Jun 02, 2019
These efcc is a joke. Is these how to carry out investigation?
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by bellotaofeek: 3:35am On Jun 02, 2019
If EFCC had fought politicians like this , their won’t be any looting again. angry

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by salford1: 3:42am On Jun 02, 2019
SmartMugu:

They will issue the requested details because they do business in Nigeria. EFCC is a recognized FG owned agency in Nigeria and mastercard / visa is expected to comply with their investigative efforts or risk sanctions in Nigeria.
The card company will try very hard to recover their loss by aiding the investigation. They would release the details.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by alabi484(m): 4:00am On Jun 02, 2019
Awoo88:
You see efcc are the biggest challenge fighting corruption is facing in this country It is now that efcc is requesting transaction history. So what evidence was his arrest and arraignment in court based on? It is now they want to start finding evidence. Very useless efcc with a very useless acting chairman appointed by a a more useless president

Obviously, you didn't read the post to see a certain 13th of may there
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by alabi484(m): 4:01am On Jun 02, 2019
[quote author=Martins6545 post=78940265]Mumu efcc

Naira Marley is a living legend, they can't stop that fact

Marlian's day, may 30th

Long live the legend [/quote

Legend in or as what?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by Praktikals(m): 4:15am On Jun 02, 2019
Masterppower:

Why do you like defending evil? I pity the children that will come through you undecided

1 Like

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by Awoo88: 4:27am On Jun 02, 2019
Adesolomon2014:

Did you even comprehend what was written above?
I dnt think so. The letter was dated three days after he was arrested not now.
He was arrested before the stupid efcc started looking for evidence!!! Three day after his arrest!!! Is that what you are saying??
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by olalat(m): 4:45am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

fooling? what is there to fool? Apple refused to unlock a suicide boober's fone at the request of the FBI, MI5 and MI6
not with court order guy. If efcc obtain an order from the court, the company has not choice but to release the details. If refused, they will be treated as aiding crime in d country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by Emman93(m): 5:01am On Jun 02, 2019
olalat:
not with court order guy. If efcc obtain an order from the court, the company has not choice but to release the details. If refused, they will be treated as aiding crime in d country.
Like the man said, you're really dump truly .

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by olusipimp(m): 5:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Masterppower:

Ode akuri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by olusipimp(m): 5:05am On Jun 02, 2019
JAWBONE:

Oga you cannot use Buhari to deflect from Marley's criminal activities. That's not how it works. It's not Buhari who sent Marley to steal and you guys should stop finding everyway to legitimise crime. If dem don move money from your account, you go know how e be. Nonsense
D guy is not having any money to move na, a balance of coins in his account.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 02, 2019
rusher14:

If he's in possession of bank cards not legitimately transferred, he should face the full weight of the law.

Can you imagine someone using stealing your card and Identity, spending it at his convenience?
the truth is efcc doesn't have a genuine case with the guy, all their theories were just formulated based on assumption,. if MasterCard and visa provide such info, and yet no info that's implicative, nairamarley reserve the right to sue them alongside efcc for defamation.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by emmykk(m): 5:20am On Jun 02, 2019
Tomtop1:
It's a shame on our country, if EFCC don't have a credible trial on him even before his arrest, that alone is violation of his civil rights, so they have to burst him and start looking for evidence to nail him from his laptop and phone. That is even more ridiculous. Yet they got money for intelligence research. Bunch of fools. Time will tell........

Some of you are ranting, if police had an information about a crime,they swing to arrest and if found innocent they set you off the hook as done to those arrested with him.
But if you expect them to be investigating you before arrest am sorry they don't have that time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by mrvitalis(m): 5:23am On Jun 02, 2019
rusher14:

If he's in possession of bank cards not legitimately transferred, he should face the full weight of the law.

Can you imagine someone using stealing your card and Identity, spending it at his convenience?

I don't understand what is a crime here ...but lets put it this way without out of court settlement EFCC cant win this case
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by mrvitalis(m): 5:30am On Jun 02, 2019
emmykk:

Some of you are ranting, if police had an information about a crime,they swing to arrest and if found innocent they set you off the hook as done to those arrested with him.
But if you expect them to be investigating you before arrest am sorry they don't have that time.

Try that with someone who is ready to fight and has the money ...u as a police man would regret especially if u kept him beyond 48 hours
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by stanley000: 5:32am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

These credit card companies will never issue the requested details. Only the named persons on the card would be able to do so!
leave the fools shouting jaill for life, mumu ,olodo envious Nigerians, always happy at someone's downfall. Even mtn will never issue you details to even the FBI let alone Efcc, they can't breach their TOC to their customers. Infact I already thought they had the records already from mastercard which they would have applied through the banks here in Nigeria, at least now I am happy all my details are safely kept with my bank grin grin Useless ppl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by stanley000: 5:38am On Jun 02, 2019
SmartMugu:

They will issue the requested details because they do business in Nigeria. EFCC is a recognized FG owned agency in Nigeria and mastercard / visa is expected to comply with their investigative efforts or risk sanctions in Nigeria.
not without several signed documents from the Nigeria govt and those documents are even difficult for the Efcc to get alone, unlike Nigeria in UK visa and MasterCard whatever will get sued and pay dearly for giving even an inch of a user details. Look what happened to Apple,mark zucks, so my dear Efcc still dey learn work. Even in a sane society MTN or Airtel should never hand over any details to any law enforcement without any court signed documents
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by ehinmowo: 5:42am On Jun 02, 2019
Riversides2003:
EFCC want to teach this guy a lesson, they using him as an example to teach others who might be nursing his ambition a lesson,am sure he will be regretting his actions now.

I can't wait to see the nigga eating watery beans if he is truly a scammer. All these dumbass niggas making niggas with legit hustle looking like they are not doing anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by MrFly(m): 5:45am On Jun 02, 2019
alonzoiv:
Free Marley
I expect this Artist's managers to leverage on his fame now to make him a hit immediately he is released.

His present ordeal may be the beginning of great things to happen to him.
they should free him even if he is guilty?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by srclark: 5:49am On Jun 02, 2019
shogsman:

Even if the person comes forward which I’m sure he isn’t going to,they found different credit cards on him which obviously belonged to different people.once they access the transactions on the cards and match it na real probable cause be that,the guy will surely do time.
owners of the cards are liable for whatever transaction that was carried out on them unless the cards were already reported missing or stolen which I doubt cause I think they are physical cards not just the information and I doubt if those companies will even release the statements .Most times i take my sisters ecobank card when am traveling cause it works in most countries ,I just transfer from my account to hers and I go withdraw the amount I transferred .Does that mean I am liable for other business transactions done on this account na wa where are we even going in this country
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by JohnsonEmma(m): 6:11am On Jun 02, 2019
See your mouth. And your past presidents and Governors are walking freely. Go and and jail him for life na Nonsense badbelle youth. You're just pouring your frustration on someone who doesn't affect your miserable life. [/quote].
Hug transformer if you're pained.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by texazzpete(m): 6:12am On Jun 02, 2019
Awoo88:

He was arrested before the stupid efcc started looking for evidence!!! Three day after his arrest!!! Is that what you are saying??

Yes. The fraudulent cards were discovered on his laptop AFTER arrest.
If you know of any means how the EFCC could have employed time travel or juju to know the contents of his laptop before the raid, please let us know.

Please remember to stop and THINK before posting.
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by texazzpete(m): 6:14am On Jun 02, 2019
stanley000:
not without several signed documents from the Nigeria govt and those documents are even difficult for the Efcc to get alone, unlike Nigeria in UK visa and MasterCard whatever will get sued and pay dearly for giving even an inch of a user details. Look what happened to Apple,mark zucks, so my dear Efcc still dey learn work. Even in a sane society MTN or Airtel should never hand over any details to any law enforcement without any court signed documents

1. EFCC is an agency of the Federal Government. They have the FG's backing

2. Fraud is being investigated. Visa and MasterCard are likely to comply.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by stanley000: 6:22am On Jun 02, 2019
texazzpete:

1. EFCC is an agency of the Federal Government. They have the FG's backing

2. Fraud is being investigated. Visa and MasterCard are likely to comply.
yea right. The police too is federal govt so they need no warrant to search or arrest someone in USA or UK. Bru, when Ur costumers signee up did u tell them fraud is being investigated and so therefore their details is no more a secret? Why did u think Facebook was being indicated? It's synonymous with client-artoney privileged so u can't just invade someone's privacy no matter what the circumstances. In the law two wrongs don't make a right
Re: EFCC Demands Naira Marley's Transaction History From Mastercard And Visa by Bighead9: 6:37am On Jun 02, 2019
Masterppower:

Trash.
Go and protest in your tiny underdeveloped Region, leave us out of your Criminal thinking.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How DSS Saved Timaya From Bayelsa Youths / E-money Shows Off His Sunday Look / Toyin Lawani Reacts To Cee-C's BBNaija Cloth Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.