Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? (8522 Views)

Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / Advise Needed On Marital Issue / Marital Rape? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
If you want your husband to keep seeing permission in marriage continue, your sons will meet the same fate.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
doitforyou:
Number one you are not even making a lot of sense. I doubt English is your first language. Yes! I am teaching my son to respect women and for him not to be entitled! and for him to know that he has NO right to a woman's body, just like his father treats his mother and how I saw My father treat my mother. yes marital sex is a privilege NOT a right, I am sorry that you were taught differently growing up.

Sometimes, I wonder if you people were raised by wolves! talking about raping your wife because she is not momentarily interested in sex, animals!

Whatever. Comprehension see to be your problem. No need forcing your lack of understanding of the subject on me. Enjoy your day

Yes my father raised a wolf and he raped my mother regularly. You could at least say that. Since sex isn't a right but a privilege in marriage, men should also treat providing for the family as privilege and not right too. Wise one. I don't curse people online or offline kiss
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by doitforyou(f): 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
Well that's your opinion, it's NOT a fact. If you want to live a life of not having autonomous right to your OWN body that's your cup of tea. Thank God society does NOT agree with you. As society is becoming more progressive more countries are starting to recognize the need for autonomous rights and are making laws to protect those rights. Your breed is dying as we move away from the stone ages. Thank God!

bukatyne:

Sex in marriage is NOT a privilege; it is a right.

6 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 3:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
Lol @ marital sex is a privilege

These ones are slow. Sex wey don cheap. Your sons will meet the same treatment. With 20k per trip a decent guy will get a clean lady to self-service off with and can do this for however desirable. Keep on with the queen tretment. Your sons will be treated the same way, then you'll feel the sting
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:

Sex has truly been weaponized in marriage.

All my old accounts have been banned

Middlexxxx

Cornerxxx

Planet3xx

embarassed
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 3:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
Nnwanyiawkaetiti still dey here o DukeofNZ she don't cum change her moniker to awkaetitibabe
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
Sorry your opinion doesn’t leave room for a critical discussion. Nobody has a right to another person’s body, simple.

In the marriage vow you quoted you seem to miss the most important, which is the “I” in the vows. I never said sex wasn’t important, so yes if a marriage is not consummated it can be annulled, if one party wants out, the one that did not agree to have sex still gets to keep the rights to her/his body. That’s different from saying another human being has a right to your body or that someone deserves to be raped because she doesn’t want sex. Rape should NEVER be justified. Period!! No gray areas. Jesus!!

bukatyne:

You have a blog, you should be more open to critical thinking and discussions.

In marriage, the husband has right to his wife's body and the wife has a right to her husband's body.

The below is the Christian wedding vows:

Groom: I,____, take thee,_____, to be my wedded Wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.

Bride: I,_____, take thee,_____, to be my wedded Husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and to obey, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I give thee my troth.

Then, as the groom places the ring on the bride's finger, he says the following:

With this Ring I thee wed, with my body I thee worship, and with all my worldly goods I thee endow: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Do you know that a marriage can be annulled if it is not consummated i.e. one party can't or won't have sex?

Can a marriage be annulled if not consummated?
You can apply for a decree on the following grounds: The marriage has not been consummated because one party can't, or won't. Consummation means normal sexual intercourse. If either party to the marriage did not consent to the marriage, because of pressure placed upon them, mistake, mental illness or any other reason.
Can your marriage be annulled? | Blanchards Law

www.blanchardslaw.co.uk/blog/can-your-marriage-be-annulled/

3 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
essenceplus:

All my old accounts have been banned

Middlexxxx

Cornerxxx

Planet3xx

embarassed

Your village people mean business o!
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2019

undecided undecided

essenceplus:
Lol @ marital sex is a privilege

These ones are slow. Sex wey don cheap. Your sons will meet the same treatment. With 20k per trip a decent guy will get a clean lady to self-service off with and can do this for however desirable. Keep on with the queen tretment. Your sons will be treated the same way, then you'll feel the sting

2 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
doitforyou:
Well that's your opinion, it's NOT a fact. If you want to live a life of not having autonomous right to your OWN body that's your cup of tea. Thank God society does NOT agree with you. As society is becoming more progressive more countries are starting to recognize the need for autonomous rights and are making laws to protect those rights. Your breed is dying as we move away from the stone ages. Thank God!

My breed is dying?

Hahahahaha

Sometimes progressiveness of a society isn't positive.

And are you willing to share those rights? Rights to what exactly?
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
TheNaijanBlog:
Sorry your opinion doesn’t leave room for a critical discussion. Nobody has a right to another person’s body, simple.

In the marriage vow you quoted you seem to miss the most important, which is the “I” in the vows. I never said sex wasn’t important, so yes if a marriage is not consummated it can be annulled, if one party wants out, the one that did not agree to have sex still gets to keep the rights to her/his body. That’s different from saying another human being has a right to your body or that someone deserves to be raped because she doesn’t want sex. Rape should NEVER be justified. Period!! No gray areas. Jesus!!

Ha!
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:

My breed is dying?

Hahahahaha

Sometimes progressiveness of a society isn't positive.

And are you willing to share those rights? Rights to what exactly?

That's it my sister in the Lord. Complex words isn't necessarily sense. Progressiveness is thorough examination and purification of motives to make better. The indoctrination of self rather than mutual importance is killing relationships. May they have wisdom to know
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:

Its the mods sister
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
essenceplus:
Nnwanyiawkaetiti still dey here o DukeofNZ she don't cum change her moniker to awkaetitibabe
Atleast some missed d old moniker
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Atleast some missed d old moniker

Yes o. Glad to see you back babe. We think say you don't catch big fish come go obodo yankee
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
Cc Beejay1
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by armyofone(m): 6:57pm On Jun 05, 2019
How a man can enjoy sex while inflicting pain on someone you claim to be your wife is bothersome!
It's alright for the thread to be taken down - it maybe sending the wrong message to many.
Sex in marriage is to be enjoyed.
If one person is not in the mood, find out why and communicate.

5 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
armyofone:
How a man can enjoy sex while inflicting pain on someone you claim to be your wife is bothersome!
It's alright for the thread to be taken down - it maybe sending the wrong message to many.

Comprehend before hastily jumping On issues kiss
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by armyofone(m): 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
Look at how you spoiled the thread insulting posters.

essenceplus:

Comprehend before hastily jumping On issues kiss

3 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
armyofone:

Unfortunately, the thread has been deleted do you cannot understand the OP.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
armyofone:
Look at how you spoiled the thread insulting posters.

Show the insults.

Comprehend first

From the comments on this site,I can see why the country us stuck in mediocrity

I doff my hat for Bukaty..m and yewand..m as two of the most intelligent queens here then lilmiss and a few ideas. Follow these ladies I mentioned, you'll be wiser cause iron sharpeneth iron
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by armyofone(m): 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
Repost but frame it in a way people would not mistake your intentions. Good morning!

bukatyne:

Unfortunately, the thread has been deleted do you cannot understand the OP.

1 Like

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by armyofone(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
Carry on!
essenceplus:

Show the insults.

Comprehend first

From the comments on this site,I can see why the country us stuck in mediocrity

I doff my hat for Bukaty..m and yewand..m as two of the most intelligent queens here then lilmiss and a few ideas. Follow these ladies I mentioned, you'll be wiser cause iron sharpeneth iron
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:

I have a funny little experience to share with you jare maami
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
armyofone:
Repost but frame it in a way people would not mistake your intentions. Good morning!

The summary was that marriage provides consent to both parties so there can be no rape which is sex without consent.

However, in the course of sex, the husband/wife can force the other party who would sustain injuries. For instance, a husband can physically abuse his wife in the quest of sex.

The aggrieved party should seek redress as it shows the marriage has issues.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:

The summary was that marriage provides consent to both parties so there can be no rape which is sex without consent.

However, in the course of sex, the husband/wife can force the other party who would sustain injuries. For instance, a husband can physically abuse his wife in the quest of sex.

Gbam. They kept attacking you without seeing your point of view clearly. Whoever wants sex from a drained lady or unresponsive sex is sick. Phew, intelligence makes people dull sometimes
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 7:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
Funnily, I am watching a movie where the husbands are rejecting the wives sexually abi not consenting to sex.

Husband A doesn't love his wife, husband B doesn't want kids.

The wives are scheming, seducing, raking.

Let me see where this would end.

Update: Wife A has ran away.

Update 2: Wife B drugged her husband and slept abi raped him. He has woken up and asked the wife why she drugged him

Answer: Shebi you are my husband and we can make love anytime. I did not know you were so good in bed, I would have drugged you everyday grin

Update 2 according to consent theory is rape.

Update 3: You'll know how yeye African Magic can be angry Husband B raped Wife A in the past.

Story derailed jare.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 7:38pm On Jun 05, 2019
bukatyne:
Funnily, I am watching a movie where the husbands are rejecting the wives sexually abi not consenting to sex.

Husband A doesn't love his wife, husband B doesn't want kids.

The wives are scheming, seducing, raking.

Let me see where this would end.

Title. Don't leave us guessing
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
essenceplus:

Title. Don't leave us guessing

Egbon Mama Mi.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by doitforyou(f): 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
hahahahaha what you just typed makes absolutely NO sense! you are speaking from both sides of your mouth. So you say marriage gives blanket consent then on another hand you are saying a wife can seek redress if she is physically injured in the course of an unwanted sexual contact. so if a husband wants to collect on a pre-consented sex because he is married (according to you) but for whatever reason the woman is not in the mood but he has his way with her anyway after-all the act is 'sanctioned' by God, what do you think will happen?

You are a very confused lol, I am happy that many people on this thread disagreed with you men AND women, please quit while you still have some dignity left. Most men aren't barbaric, they rather have sex with a wife that physically and emotionally wants them, not a wife that will just lay there on the bed and be emotionally removed from the act, because she has been brainwashed that she has no right to her own body.

bukatyne:

6 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by doitforyou(f): 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
No need. Her intentions were very clear and the mods and other readers saw through her. She believes that women can NEVER be raped in a marriage.

armyofone:

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two-headed Manhood!! What Would You Do? / Do You Really Love The Person You Married? / Sunday Giveaway - Season 1.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.