Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? (8511 Views)

Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / Advise Needed On Marital Issue / Marital Rape? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 8:22am On Jun 04, 2019
Gloriagee:
Not really interested in going back and forth with you as you are entitled to your opinion. However, my point remains a reasonable husband typically will wait a minimum of 6 weeks cos in the interest of his wife's health and wellbeing. What then is the big deal in chilling for a bit to ensure your spouse enjoys sex to avoid messing with your spouse's mental health and wellbeing? Or doesn't the hubby get hor.ny during the 6 weeks wait?

And what has this got to do with the deleted topic?

There are times the wife/husband might be sick for longer periods and sex the last thing on their minds.

How does this negate the topic?
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by crackhaus: 8:25am On Jun 04, 2019
ibkayee:

I didn’t, I was focused on the one you made in this one
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by ibkayee(f): 8:26am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

If you read the thread, you would understand the link between what you call marital rape and physical abuse.

I did not mention anything about advocacy of physical abuse in my comment, you brought it up and are essentially countering a point I did not make.

1 Like

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 8:27am On Jun 04, 2019
Gloriagee:
Neither do I

Ok.

Happy holidays.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 8:30am On Jun 04, 2019
ibkayee:

I did not mention anything about advocacy of physical abuse in my comment, you brought it up and are essentially countering a point I did not make.

You needed to read the other thread to get the link.

You say marital rape is sex without consent in marriage.

I say marriage gives consent therefore, there can be no rape in marriage.

However, during the act, a spouse can be assaulted and should seek redress for physical abuse or attempted murder in severe cases.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by cococandy(f): 8:41am On Jun 04, 2019
I was able to read to read the second article. I must say first time I’m hearing about this. Thanks for sharing.

In most men they occur simultaneously so to say

bukatyne:
@Cococandy

Please read up these links:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4896089/

https://thoughtcatalog.com/shakti-amarantha/2014/09/ejaculation-vs-orgasm-whats-the-difference/

Cc: Xaos
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by ibkayee(f): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

You needed to read the other thread to get the link.
I read the thread.

You say marital rape is sex without consent in marriage.

I say marriage gives consent therefore, there can be no rape in marriage.
And I said what’s not illegal isn’t always ethical. I also pointed out how far back these laws were written, it is important to consider the era. You can rape your spouse, you just can’t be prosecuted for it, but that does not mean it is not wrong.

However, during the act, a spouse can be assaulted and should seek redress for physical abuse or attempted murder in severe cases.
I saw what you said about physical abuse in the thread, it just hasn’t got much to do with what I’m saying. The rape that can be committed without physical abuse is the one I’m talking about since you already addressed the ‘severe case’ conditions concerning physical abuse.

4 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by eyinjuege: 8:51am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

A woman who was injured in the act by his husband should seek redress as she deems fit.

As she deems fit, right?
How do you seek redress for damage/ injury to your spirit and soul?
Perhaps stabbing him will be a form of redress as she felt her life was in danger. Perhaps holding a lifelong resentment for your 'for better for worse' molester will do the trick. Perhaps poisoning him to be rid of the filth is enough redress as deemed fit. Or perhaps developing an extra marital relationship with someone else who treats you like a woman with more to offer than your vj is enough redress. You will be surprised at the number of women who seek succour outside of their marriages because they are seeking redress.

7 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Richy4(m): 9:12am On Jun 04, 2019
Gloriagee:
This literally cracked me up

Okay... If what I have posted made U happy, I'm glad for u... It shows that you are easily amused
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 9:17am On Jun 04, 2019
cococandy:
I was able to read to read the second article. I must say first time I’m hearing about this. Thanks for sharing.

In most men they occur simultaneously so to say

You are welcome.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 9:18am On Jun 04, 2019
ibkayee:

I read the thread.

And I said what’s not illegal isn’t always ethical. I also pointed out how far back these laws were written, it is important to consider the era. You can rape your spouse, you just can’t be prosecuted for it, but that does not mean it is not wrong.

I saw what you said about physical abuse in the thread, it just hasn’t got much to do with what I’m saying. The rape that can be committed without physical abuse is the one I’m talking about since you already addressed the ‘severe case’ conditions concerning physical abuse.

Forceful sex without physical abuse?

How does that work?
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 9:24am On Jun 04, 2019
eyinjuege:

As she deems fit right?
How do you seek redress for damage/ injury to your spirit and soul?
Perhaps stabbing him will be a form of redress as she felt her life was in danger. Perhaps holding a lifelong resentment for your 'for better for worse' molester will do the trick. Perhaps poisoning him to be rid of the filth is enough redress as deemed fit. Or perhaps developing an extra marital relationship with someone else who treats you like a woman with more to offer than your vj is enough redress. You will be surprised at the number of women who seek succour outside of their marriages because they are seeking redress.

How she seeks redress in accordance with the law is solely up to her.

Afterall, sexual abuse or what you call marital rape is not the only abuse done to wives in marriage.

We have physical abuse (even without the sex), emotional abuse, financial abuse, physiological abuse etc. How does she seek redress in the other scenarios?

@adultery: it is funny.

How does she intend to give consent to this new lover? Instead of her to work on her marriage and open up sexually to the one man who has the right, consent, etc. to her body, she rather seeks other men who by law must seek her consent everytime

And absurdly, she is willing to do so.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Gloriagee(f): 9:28am On Jun 04, 2019
Dude, I try to see the humor in life's situations. Doesn't mean I'm dumb....

Richy4:

Okay... If what I have posted made U happy, I'm glad for u... It shows that you are easily amused

3 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 9:54am On Jun 04, 2019
Just stumbled on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5223054/ladies-only-get-here-love#down

Wives should be this excited with their husbands.

It however reminds me of this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4436386/transactional-vs-validational-sex
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by ibkayee(f): 10:05am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

Forceful sex without physical abuse?

How does that work?
We keep veering off on tangents, dunno why we’re focusing on the topic of physical abuse despite what I’ve said.

Rape can happen via threats, emotional manipulation, verbal abuse and any other way you can coerce someone into doing something they don’t want to do without inflicting physical injuries.

7 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 10:11am On Jun 04, 2019
ibkayee:

We keep veering off on tangents, dunno why we’re focusing on the topic of physical abuse despite what I’ve said.

Rape can happen via threats, emotional manipulation, verbal abuse and any other way you can coerce someone into doing something they don’t want to do without inflicting physical injuries.

The previous OP would have helped you understand.

Rape via threat, emotional manipulation and verbal abuse.

If someone says you should put your hand inside fire else he would slap you, would you put it? This is my understanding of a threat.

I would like examples of your second paragraph.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by ibkayee(f): 10:35am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

The previous OP would have helped you understand.

Rape via threat, emotional manipulation and verbal abuse.

If someone says you should put your hand inside fire else he would slap you, would you put it? This is my understanding of a threat.

I would like examples of your second paragraph.
There is a spectrum of sexual assault, it isn’t just physical abuse.

If a person I knew could inflict some sort of harm
on me told me to put my hand in fire else he would slap me, there’s a chance the pressure/fear would force me into doing it. Or if they were in a position of power to threaten my livelihood for example, spread rumours about me etc, essentially holding me back in an area of life in one way or another. Threatening a family member/friend, threatening my child etc.

4 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by bukatyne(f): 10:41am On Jun 04, 2019
ibkayee:

There is a spectrum of sexual assault, it isn’t just physical abuse.

If a person I knew could inflict some sort of harm
on me told me to put my hand in fire else he would slap me, there’s a chance I would. Or if they were in a position of power to threaten my livelihood for example, spread rumours about me etc, essentially holding me back in an area of life in one way or another. Threatening a family member/friend, threatening my child etc.

You have not explained how this works in marriage.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by ibkayee(f): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

You have not explained how this works in marriage.
Imagine every situation I’ve written in my reply, but the person going through it is married and the perpetrator is their spouse.

5 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

Fron your definition,

A husband has the right to his wife's body yet the wife has to allow him to touch it.
Yes

2 Likes

Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
crackhaus:

Someone with an undiagnosed psychological problem reported it to 'her' supermod buddy. The supermod feeling invincible because he/she possesses imaginary powers & relevance otherwise lacking in the real world, deleted it as requested.

Welcome to NL where free speech is not actually free speech if it hurts the feelings of a moderator, or the feelings of someone who's close to a moderator. You're even lucky you were not banned. grin

And these are the same people that complain about government abusing their powers. cheesy

You almost made me crack my ribs with laughter from reading this. You're actually spot on. Once a mods feelings or the feelings of people close to the mods are touched, you'll be more than lucky not to have your bank akkant broken cheesy. If its the popular one, you're dead, they'll twist things to fit their narrative. No matter what goes down,you'll take the fall
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hmm.....it seems you are still convinced there is nothing like marital rape. I think the best advice you can read so far, is that ''you should have paraphrased the Topic as a question, not a statement'', I can recall you even told me it was a statement. Too bad that after I wasted so much time and followed the thread, it's wiped off. Tho am still trying to understand if that thread was worse off than the miseducation threads which I don't even follow, but which I think is much more offensive.
bukatyne:

Thanks

The thread was stating that while there is no marital rape, spouses who are violent in the act can be prosecuted for physical abuse.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Hmm.....it seems you are still convinced there is nothing like marital rape. I think the best advice you can read so far, is that ''you should have paraphrased the Topic as a question, not a statement'', I can recall you even told me it was a statement. Too bad that after I wasted so much time and followed the thread, it's wiped off. Tho am still trying to understand if that thread was worse off than the miseducation threads which I don't even follow, but which I think is much more offensive.

Our very own lil favvy with those juicy advice. Hmm, seems we have promising materials here. cheesy Sips kunu
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by crackhaus: 2:54pm On Jun 04, 2019
essenceplus:

You almost made me crack my ribs with laughter from reading this. You're actually spot on. Once a mods feelings or the feelings of people close to the mods are touched, you'll be more than lucky not to have your bank akkant broken cheesy. If its the popular one, you're dead, they'll twist things to fit their narrative. No matter what goes down,you'll take the fall
Lmao.. I tell ya. grin

Some of them can be so petty, it's hilarious.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2019
cococandy:
It’s obviously against the rules of NL because it’s a statement and not a question or a call to debate.

it just plainly advocates rape (being married doesn’t make it any less rape) even though that was your point. But it still just blatantly said rape was okay.

That being said, I wish the MOD who deleted it would do same for many posts all over NL that support barbaric practices against women. Setting us back thousands of years.

Shut up. I pity young galsbwho pay attention to your rubbish. Nonsense, always extremist with her myopic reasoning.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:

If you read the thread, you would note that it did not advocate rape which is sex without consent.

I infact pointed some scenarios in marriage which would have been rape outside of it.

None of my posts have supported barbaric practices against women however, I will continue to highlight their responsibilities.

Husbands are also expected not to deny their wives sex which is not 'rape'.

You think that one you tried so hard to explain to reasons better than an ape. Bully start taking note of comments here and their posters. Coco is drenched in her delusional thinking that one day all men would die living the world with just females alone
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 3:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
crackhaus:

Lmao.. I tell ya. grin

Some of them can be so petty, it's hilarious.

My brother all the mods. I've watched them from the sidelines well enough to know the power they arrogate themselves with. Its why the country needs a referendum as soon as possible. Let forward thinking people have their republic and not nr yoked with dimwits.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2019
crackhaus:

Wrong.

The thread was addressing the subject of 'marital rape'. More accurately, what it did was to eliminate the idea that there was even such a thing as marital rape in the first place based on the premise of marriage.
It was a perfect template for a discussion.

In Nigeria, rape is a crime, marital rape isn't.
What rules were broken?

How do we get it to be recognized as a crime as much as 'rape' is, if we don't talk about it?

How can they think objectively when they think through their emotions, that's for the few that even think.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2019
bukatyne:
True change can never happen until we understand what was wrong with the old system and teach people better.

While I understand the emotions of the thread (wives were maltreated etc. etc.), we are going to create another set of problems tilting overboard.

Instead of teaching women that they are not bound to have sex with their husbands or have autonomy over their bodies (which is not true especially in a religious marriage), teach the men to be sensitive, selfless, loving and considerate.

Any other way will create people who will come out to vehemently 'campaign' against it while more men will physically abuse their wives or as 'cool' husbands cheat and ruin the family.

Same problem with women's rights.

Preach. You see why I follow your comments. Objectivity. Note people who think through their emotions and wear their hearts on their slvees. The roap map to change and development starts with doing things differently, and for this to be done differently there has to be an examination of what's not right within a faulty system and then make corrections and improvement. Make no mistake, Africa is stuck in mediocrity, even Nigeria as a result of a laxity to follow through with this learning process.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
My dear, I try to share my little contributions from time to time, send down down the kunu, cheers.
essenceplus:

Our very own lil favvy with those juicy advice. Hmm, seems we have promising materials here. cheesy Sips kunu
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
I think there's a cabal on Nairaland especially on this section. Once the cabal is against you you stand no chance. The validity of your arguments nothwisthanding.
Once the cabal is "offended" you are toast.

Yes. Spot on 100%. Once the cabal is against you forget it.
Re: Any Reason Why My Thread On Marital Rape Was Deleted? by essenceplus: 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
My dear, I try to share my little contributions from time to time, send down down the kunu, cheers.

Come get it in person. Cause each time I see your moniker, I quickly rush down to read ya comment. And cheesy. Ah it flows out cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do You Really Love The Person You Married? / Family Section Debate::: Please Vote for a topic of your choice. / Mother's Day - Describe Mothers In One Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.