Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

I'm Tired Of Being A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Tired Of Being A Christian (2148 Views)

What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. / God Told Me He's Tired Of People Who Are Not Married But Have Sex - Preacher Say / TB Joshua: I Am Tired & Want To Rest - Usher Reveals Things Prophet Said To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by theumpteenth: 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
I'm so tired. Fed up. I can't take it anymore. I no longer believe in the mercies of Jesus. I don't believe that God loves everybody. only those that can be used. useless people like myself don't stand a chance. How can i even love my neighbour as myself when i dont feel loved myself. Like trying to give what you dont have. What does it even take to get his attention? I really envy those that this Jesus eyes are on them. If I can just get over this fear of eternal hell so as to end this misery once and for all.
I still belive strongly there is a God. or rather there are Gods. Anybody that has an encounter with a God or force that actually cares for them should let me know please. Thanks in anticipation.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by essenceplus: 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hmm

Are you in Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by sonmvayina(m): 10:56pm On Jun 04, 2019
Christianity is just rebranded paganism...... Just empty claims no substance...

God is within...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Shepherd00: 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
theumpteenth:
I'm so tired. Fed up. I can't take it anymore. I no longer believe in the mercies of Jesus. I don't believe that God loves everybody. only those that can be used. useless people like myself don't stand a chance. How can i even love my neighbour as myself when i dont feel loved myself. Like trying to give what you dont have. What does it even take to get his attention? I really envy those that this Jesus eyes are on them. If I can just get over this fear of eternal hell so as to end this misery once and for all.
I still belive strongly there is a God. or rather there are Gods. Anybody that has an encounter with a God or force that actually cares for them should let me know please. Thanks in anticipation.
Why not give Him (I mean Jesus) a chance? Tell Him to give you peace this night.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Shepherd00: 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
sonmvayina:

God is within...
This mad man

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by tyup(m): 11:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
theumpteenth:

I really do understand how you feel bro I really do

But all the same the Lord has been good it wount be wise to give up on him
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 05, 2019
theumpteenth:

Superficial christianity.......u can't possibly have met with God and moved from just confessing Jesus to experiencing the renewal with the word and baptism of spirit and have this deep emptiness.. it's practically impossible...
I don't know the relationship u run with ur maker...but If u are running a wash and wear, yahoo yahoo, give me give me relationship after many years of accepting him. Remaining in the jurisdiction of confessing the promise just for ur blessing only, but not engaging a covenant mentality that goes beyond just your needs. it's only a matter of time before ur christain journey starts to get a bit draggy, joining the crew that say matthew 7v7 doesn't work and God doesn't hear prayers and he isn't really merciful.

When last did u preach the gospel, when last did u play the role of an interceeding christain by praying for others' need, when last did u even fast or pray for the salvation of others....
If you are serving God just because of hell fire..I don't think u really need to be serving God ..sounds like a service driven from fear....u've got free will man....isn't that clear enuf that there's no forcing or cajoling you to staying with God...hell or no hell...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by theumpteenth: 3:58am On Jun 05, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Superficial christianity.......u can't possibly have met with God and moved from just confessing Jesus to experiencing the renewal with the word and baptism of spirit and have this deep emptiness.. it's practically impossible...
I don't know the relationship u run with ur maker...but If u are running a wash and wear, yahoo yahoo, give me give me relationship after many years of accepting him. Remaining in the jurisdiction of confessing the promise just for ur blessing only, but not engaging a covenant mentality that goes beyond just your needs. it's only a matter of time before ur christain journey starts to get a bit draggy, joining the crew that say matthew 7v7 doesn't work and God doesn't hear prayers and he isn't really merciful.

When last did u preach the gospel, when last did u play the role of an interceeding christain by praying for others' need, when last did u even fast or pray for the salvation of others....
If you are serving God just because of hell fire..I don't think u really need to be serving God ..sounds like a service driven from fear....u've got free will man....isn't that clear enuf that there's no forcing or cajoling you to staying with God...hell or no hell...
If only you knew. If only.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Nobody: 4:44am On Jun 05, 2019
theumpteenth:
The problem is that you are trying to save yourself instead of resting on the finished work of christ on the cross for you.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by theumpteenth: 4:52am On Jun 05, 2019
solite3:
The problem is that you are trying to save yourself instead of resting on the finished work of christ on the cross for you.
I will like to know how to go about that
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 05, 2019
theumpteenth:
I will like to know how to go about that

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

The blood of christ has fully paid for ALL your sins without exception no other thing is required from you.
I simply trust in him, I believe his word.

Isaiah 54:4
Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

The key word here is fear not even in your day to day life he is with you and his spirit with you forever.

Take away fear from you, believe his word.
You are in his hands he cannot lose you

John 6:39
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Again pray, pour out your heart and concerns to God.
Stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 05, 2019
Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

1 Corinthians 8:6
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Filmewell(f): 6:59am On Jun 05, 2019
1StopRudeness:

If I understand you correctly what you are trying to explain is that God is waiting for this individual to do something for him before he returns back the favor.. My brother this is fallacy. God does what he wants to do. It is by him who runneth but by whom who showeth mercy. Because you will still see people who don't even say common morning prayer being blessed by God.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by titigenius: 7:00am On Jun 05, 2019
your mind has made a shift and thats the problem. you believe God doesnt love you only because you seem not to be getting what you ask for. my advice to you is learn wisdom from the word. God has a time for everything if every christian tell you how many to unanswered prayers they have your eyes would pop out. and please take the fear of hell out of this matter, i dont think thats the problem
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 05, 2019
theumpteenth:
I don't know what you mean by useless, but if you mean in sight of men then that should make you a very good prospect for God to use, for God loves the most useless vessels in men's sight, for they are the ones that bring Him the most glory.

Because when men see them as useless and good for nothings, and God starts using them to do extraordinary things even more any that those who men view as very useful could be able to do, it confound such men as it becomes very clear that it got to something beyond those who they consider useless that makes such to be possible.

The good thing about God is that He doesn't ever consult any man, or ask for anybody's opinion to choose anybody, for once sees what He seeks in someone that person become chosen by Him.

It's that simple, for that's what a lowly boy called David did, and even though Samuel the prophet of Israel at the time didn't know who David was, God knew who David was because David had what God sought for in a person, and therefore God let Samuel His prophet to know that He had found a man after His own heart.

So that's what you need to do for you must try and know the things that God likes and seeks in a person, and thereby make yourself very attractive and difficult for Him to resist, so that wherever you are, God would have no choice but to seek you out.

Trust me it really works, for i'm a living testimony of it, because that's how I have been able command the extent of the spiritual respect I have, for I knew the things that please God especially learning from Jesus' example, and did my best to follow it.

And I didn't even know I was looking for serious trouble because when God began to reveal the kind of things that He had in store for me, i began to ask Him if He was really sure I could handle it because it was really frightening in a good way.

But that's how God works, give Him what He desires in a person, and God would make of you what you never imagined possible.

God be with you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Filmewell(f): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2019
As the poster, if you like pray from now till next generation that your request or desire to God cannot be answered simply because you are asking. Work hard, do what you think you can do, sometimes forget about praying for anything except Thanksgiving for life.
Forget what the pastors are saying they are business men. They don't even understand what they are saying. Just live if you are blessed with healthy life. .
After all, every thing culminates in death. Be a good person to your neighbor not of afterlife but because your neighbor deserves love.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2019
Filmewell:

If I understand you correctly what you are trying to explain is that God is waiting for this individual to do something for him before he returns back the favor.. My brother this is fallacy. God does what he wants to do. It is by him who runneth but by whom who showeth mercy. Because you will still see people who don't even say common morning prayer being blessed by God.

Lol...u are funny...
While there's a clear scripture that God has allowed the sun to shine on both the righteous and unrighteous...still, from genesis to revelation...there's none of the covenant of God weda the old or the new mediated by the blood of Christ that involves the taking up of sins and conferring of his righteous on us..that doesn't require man's input

..there always man's responsibility...it's is clear ....love the lord and love thy neighbour as thyself.....and thats all I asked him in clear christain terms....does he love his God because if he does he won't serve him out of fear of hellfire, does he love his neighbour: has he preached the gospel pray fro others salvation....
Clearly he's a superficial christain...claims God hasn't blessed him..if he looks around he would realise he has been blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by APOPTOSIS: 8:45am On Jun 05, 2019
theumpteenth:
I have said it COUNTLESS TIMES, that most people who go to church to worship God, do that out of FEAR of what will befall them when they die.
Only a minute fraction go to church because of the GENUINE LOVE they have for God.

If most people can open their eyes to see why the CHINESE are progressing, they would stop going to churches.
MY FRIEND:
The Chinese do not practice ISALM or CHRISTIANITY, yet they are growing from strength to strength in innovations. Is it that GOD favours them more than us...??

Google the PERCENTAGE of Christians and Muslims in CHINA...!!
Do you think GOD will push 1.4 BILLION CHINESE and 1BILLION INDIANS to HELL...
Don't allow these LOCAL PONZI PASTORS. deceive you.
The FIRST TOOL every PASTOR uses is FEAR..., they institute fear into people. So, by doing this the weak succumbs. They will creep in and rip you off..!!

Come on ! be a MAN...!!!
There is more to world we live in.

GOD does not dwell in CHURCHES or MOSQUES.
STOP being deceived...

Pray to GOD directly for wisdom...
I wish I could talk to you directly....
U have all it takes to be GREAT...
Brace up man

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2019
See what the prosperity gospel being promulgated by our daddy g.o's is causing
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by LordReed(m): 9:11am On Jun 05, 2019
Most of its propositions are not real. You don't get any answers from prayers, things in our lives happen because life is in constant motion. The merry go round of life will not stop to give you a break neither is there a god out there that's going to do it for you. Live your life as best as you can and try to enjoy every moment that's the best you can do for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Ihedinobi3: 9:13am On Jun 05, 2019
theumpteenth:
Hi.

I'm a believer in Jesus Christ, committed to following Him according to the Bible.

I think I understand your frustration. I experienced something similar in my late teens in 2004.

The problem usually is with the poor teaching of the Gospel by many would-be evangelists.

Clearly, you understand that you are a sinner in need of God's Mercy. This is the first step. All of us are born in this position. Some people, like atheists, try to pretend that this is not true, that there is no sin to worry about, and no God to answer to, or Mercy to depend on. But we all know instinctively that we are sinners in need of God's Mercy.

The good news, that is, the Gospel is that God cares very deeply about us human sinners. He is a Just God and does not look kindly on sin, yes, but He has given us His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, Who was from eternity past God as well, to put on humanity and die on the Cross for all our sin so that not a single one of us has to spend even a moment in the Lake of Fire.

Please understand that God does not owe us such a kindness. We were the ones who sinned against Him, who rebelled against His Sovereign Authority. We add no value to Him whether we are being good servants to Him or rebelling against Him. He stands to gain and lose nothing from us either way. But He did make us for His Pleasure, so if we are displeasing Him, He has every right and every reason to destroy us and replace us with whatever He likes.

For God to save us from certain doom, He decided to give His Most Precious Gift for us. As I already said, the Lord Jesus Christ is Himself God. He has been God since eternity past. It was Himself, the Holy Spirit, and the Father that decided to create everything that exists. Yet the Three agreed together and willingly that He would become a human being and die on the Cross to save humankind.

So, when the time was right, the Father sent the Word (that is, Jesus Christ) into the world in a human body with a human spirit to come and suffer and die the Death that is meant for every sinner. The Lord Jesus did just that because He loves us just as much as the Father loves us too. He willingly came down to Earth, lived among us like a true servant, taught us the Truth, then went to the Cross and willingly endured the terrible spiritual death that all of us dread and not a single one of us can bear, so that we can all be saved from the Lake of Fire.

It wasn't just the nails driven through His Hands and Feet, or the scourging that He endured, or the thorns that pierced His brows, or the abuse that He never replied, that saved us. In fact, none of that saved us. It was His tasting Death - the real deal, God's Punishment for sin - on the Cross that saved us. No one who spends even eternity in the Lake of Fire will come close to experiencing what the Lord Jesus suffered in the three hours of darkness on the Cross for us. The Lord Jesus drained the cup of punishment for every single sin that has ever been committed, is being committed, and will ever be committed by every member of the human race no matter what their sin is. That includes you, my friend, even if you don't think that it does.

Now, this is only Part 1 of the Good News, namely, your sins have been paid for. God is now both able and ready to forgive you.

Here is Part 2: all you have to do is believe the above and you will be saved.

You have probably been told that you ought to do this or that, or behave this way or that, maybe so that you will be saved, or so that you will maintain your salvation and not lose it, but that is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

You are to believe in Jesus Christ, God become Man to die spiritually for your sins and the sins of the world, in order to be saved. That is all. There is nothing more to it.

Should you behave better? Stop sinning? Start living right? Sure, but it doesn't happen automatically, and more importantly it has nothing to do with your being saved.

Once you have believed, there is a vast universe of knowledge about the Lord Jesus Christ that becomes available and necessary to you to explore. It is critical that you get on that journey as soon as you can because that is the only way for you to gain spiritual safety from the enemy that got us all in the position of needing to be saved in the first instance.

Getting saved is exactly like being born anew. In fact, that is what the Bible calls it. Just like babies then, all of us who are born anew must grow up and become able to defend ourselves against our enemy, and, more importantly, to aggressively claim the spiritual positions that we desire by attacking his strongholds and throwing them down.

That requires nutrition and exercise. So we listen to gifted and prepared pastor-teachers who can teach us the Bible clearly, so that we can grow and become able to do our own part in helping other believers to also grow and fulfill their ministries in the Body of Christ. What we learn about Christ through Bible-teaching done by gifted and prepared pastor-teachers is our nutrition. What we do to help other believers grow is our exercise. Those two things are how we fight against our enemy and become good servants of our Master.

As we grow spiritually toward maturity, if we are doing our best to apply what we are learning from our pastor-teachers, we will find it easier and easier to say no to sin and get better at doing the right things.

Also, if we sin after we are saved, we can simply ask the Lord to forgive us and He will. He will discipline us for sinning because sin is a very dangerous thing. But He loves us, so He will not condemn us to the Lake of Fire, because the Lord Jesus Christ has already paid the price for our sins.

There is no need to worry about or fear the Lake of Fire after we have believed in Jesus Christ. Nothing we can do will save us from that punishment, but we don't need to anything at all, thank God. Our Lord and Master Jesus Christ has already done everything that needs doing. Our part is only to trust Him. If we trust Him, then we ought to follow Him. And following Him means listening to what He has to say and doing it. To hear what He has to say, we must listen to gifted and prepared pastor-teachers who love Him and who care about us and others like us who also love the Lord.

Once you commit yourself to learning the whole Truth about Jesus Christ as revealed in the Bible, with the help of a pastor-teacher, you will find yourself increasingly less worried about the Lake of Fire and better and better at being a good servant of Jesus Christ. If you don't, however, you may just remain as troubled as you are now, and you may even fall away from the Faith. This is a strong reason why we fight to make forward progress in the Truth. By committing to learn all the Truth about Jesus Christ and help others to do the same, we dispense with all the fears, concerns, and dangers of unbelief.

Here's wishing you the best in this. I will say a prayer for you here too.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Auki: 9:39am On Jun 05, 2019
Just believe in God and call on to Him alone. Present your problems to Him, Lord of the Heaven and Earth, your creator and your forefathers of old. He alone can respond to you.

Present not your challenges to other than God, including Jesus. They have no power to help themselves or help others.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 05, 2019
Come to the light bro, all religion are darkness n bondage
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Filmewell(f): 11:13am On Jun 05, 2019
charliboy654:
Come to the light bro, all religion are darkness n bondage
Where is the light?
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by sonmvayina(m): 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2019
Shepherd00:

This mad man

Continue... Isaiah 53, will soon come to pass..
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Shepherd00: 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
sonmvayina:

Continue... Isaiah 53, will soon come to pass..
Look at that. Isn't Isaiah a pagan book anymore?
Geraut.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by wirinet(m): 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
sonmvayina:

God is within...
Not exactly, Christianity is a mosaic of ancient religions, ie Judaism, Mithraism, ancient Egyptian religions (Dionysus,Adonis, Bacchus), ancient Greek and Roman religions and a bit of Hinduism.

The goal of Rome was to create a universal (Catholic ) religion to appeal to everybody.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by sonmvayina(m): 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
Shepherd00:

Look at that. Isn't Isaiah a pagan book anymore?

Geraut.

slowpoke.... Christianity and Judaism are 2 different religions... The Romans stole the Jewish Tanakh, and added their bull sheet story of a dying and resurrecting God at the end of the it..... Isaiah wrote of one God that is responsible for both good and evil.. The Romans wrote about 2 separate God for good and evil...

Two different religions.. Isaiah 45:7..

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by OtemAtum: 6:06pm On Jun 05, 2019
theumpteenth:

God is not a sole being. It is not in isolation. I had encounter with the system called God back in 2016 and since then my life has not been the same. God is the Totality of Existence, therefore you and I are parts of God Almighty. You are not less a god than Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Olorun, Atum, Chukwu, Moloch, Mazda and the rest of beings humans have ever worshipped since the inception of the world, rather, you are a manifestation of God Almighty in your own little way. Therefore you+me+Olorun+Allah+Yahweh+animals+plans +air+.....+everything in existence= God Almighty. If you take just a part of God as a whole of God, it is an error which you should amend. Read the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY FOR DETAILS...

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Regiomontanus(m): 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
theumpteenth:
I don't know if things will get better but what you are going through is a phase of being an atheist. Since you couldn't use your brain to deduce that god is nonexistent, life is teaching you the hard way. Some are not opportuned to learn the hard way as life keeps being okay or even getting better for them so that they remain deluded and thanking a nonexistent god till death.

Your harsh situation will be traumatic but they will lead you to question god and all you've being been taught in church. You will also question other spiritual stuffs. You anger and bitterness at the failures and negligence of a nonexistent god over your harsh and miserable life will give you the defiance and boldness that will enable you to question this highly esteemed, overrated and divine authority. Such great anger and bitterness can push you to the point of cursing and swearing at the god you supposedly loved and revered. Such anger and bitterness are great propellers indeed — propellers to defy god by questioning and boldness to ask and keep asking these questions.

You will die an atheist because what the mind has known through a harsh existence cannot be unknown. God is nonexistent; the spirit world and spirit beings are none existent; the physical world is all there is; there is no afterlife; humans are greedy, wicked and don't care and you are on your own.
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 06, 2019
~
Re: I'm Tired Of Being A Christian by Magnoliaa(f): 3:37am On Jul 21, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Lol...u are funny...
While there's a clear scripture that God has allowed the sun to shine on both the righteous and unrighteous...still, from genesis to revelation...there's none of the covenant of God weda the old or the new mediated by the blood of Christ that involves the taking up of sins and conferring of his righteous on us..that doesn't require man's input

..there always man's responsibility...it's is clear ....love the lord and love thy neighbour as thyself.....and thats all I asked him in clear christain terms....does he love his God because if he does he won't serve him out of fear of hellfire, does he love his neighbour: has he preached the gospel pray fro others salvation....
Clearly he's a superficial christain...claims God hasn't blessed him..if he looks around he would realise he has been blessed

This is true...his definition of "blessings" may be one reason why he's feeling the way he's feeling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do You Still Believe In God, / Signs Of The Last Days ( Video) / Question For Those Who Left Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.