Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,808 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye (41833 Views)

Former Governor Idris Wada Pays Solidarity Visit To Dino Melaye / The Invitation To Dino Melaye's Mother's Burial Ceremony (photo) / Yahaya Bello's Condolence Letter To Dino Melaye On The Death Of His Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by chisomdoris: 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
An aspirant for the President of the Senate, Mohammed Ali Ndume, has warned that the independence of the Ninth National Assembly may be under threat.

He called on lawmakers to work to protect its independence to avoid turbulent sessions.

Ndume also singled out Senator Dino Melaye and apologised to him “if I offended you during my stay in the Eight Senate.”

Ndume, representing Borno South in the upper legislative chamber, noted that the only thing every parliament has going for it is its independence which it must guard zealously.

The lawmaker said this while contributing to the valedictory session to mark the end of legislative business for the Eight Senate on Thursday.

The Borno born politician said that the difference between democracy and military government is the independence of parliament.

Ndume said, “We had loads of disagreements. I respect your resilience and your ability to stand for what you believe in. We started together and we were doing fine. What happened was part of the learning process.

“My concern is the independence of this arm of government. That is not to say we must not work with the other side (Presidency).

“I see a dangerous thing coming. The only thing that makes democracy different from military rule is the Parliament. We need to ensure the independence of the Parliament.

“If we take away the Parliament, what we have is not democracy. I am one of those that were controversial in the last four years. Within the process, we may have offended one another. I take nothing personal.

“This institution is very important. Let us protect the sanctity of the parliament. This is the Nigerian Senate. There is no APC or PDP Senate. This is the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“We will continue to support the other side but we must work at all times to protect the sanctity of the institution of the parliament. We must continue to enhance the sanctity of the Senate at all times.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/9th-assembly-ndume-predicts-danger-apologizes-dino-melaye/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by SpatialKing(m): 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
Games of throne NASS version

24 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by baliyubla: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
Sharp man already lobbying for PDP votes through Dino.

Ahmed Lawan will be Senate President in Potiskum and not Nigeria.

Anyone but Lawan and the fraud Gbaja. The independence of the Legislature must be safeguarded.

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by HzRF(m): 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
Let's have Lawan as SP

And see how Zimbabwe we use "at least we better Nigerians"

A rubber stamp senate controlled by a senile, fascist, ethnic bigot presidency

A perfect recipe for Venezuela-esque economy loading

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by olayiwola4u(m): 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2019
When a politician tells another politician about an unforeseeable danger, he/she should becareful. He must have heard or seen something.

35 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by Ololanla: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2019
A
Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
why did you not say all these when you had your mouth in bubu krokro infested bumbum?
it is too late Ndume as pdp senators will not vote for you and if you try nonsense, the tyrant will give you the dasuki treatment

10 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by festacman(m): 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
It is difficult to fathom why Sen. Ali Ndume is pulling down the house and eating his vomit just to get Senate Presidency. Unfortunately, he is driven by a sense of revenge to get back at Sen. Lawan for accepting the post of Majority leader when he was suspended by Sen Saraki. Even if he ends up being elected, he is damn too arrogant and stubborn to survive for long as first among equals unlike Sen. Saraki he fought and distracted.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by bangbangall: 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
Nigerians will miss Sen.Saraki

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
this man is right...the Senate will be hijack by the presidency and made to do its bidding at all times..dangerous times coming for Nigerians

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by SarkinYarki: 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
HzRF:
Let's have Lawan as SP

And see how Zimbabwe we use "at least we better Nigerians"

A rubber stamp senate controlled by a senile, fascist, ethnic bigot presidency

A perfect recipe for Venezuela-esque economy loading

Zimbabwe is already better than Nigeria under Buhari

19 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by Nbote(m): 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
Why d Presidency thinks a Senate controlled by dem is healthy for dis country is baffling... Why would dey b keen on controlling d Senate if dey aren't desperate to have things always go their way?

7 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by yomi96(m): 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

The forum has been taken over by Sex position cartels, Recharge card,and Betnaija Prophets. I find it hard to understand the level of the forum's designers and coders. Why they esigned their fate to manually or semi remove compromised accounts remains a mystery. I have seen more nudity on this forum's comments than a gossip site.

Improve the fonts and redesign the pages. Allow emojis and color up the appearance. Why it constantly look like a Nigeria government website remains shocking to me.

It will shock you the level of code contribution on this platform if they open sourced their front end codes for inputs.

Richdad

3 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by mangojuice(m): 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
Janicesurebet1:
See below
This rubbish must end today. Respect yourself
Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by asobo: 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
What an emotional valedictory. That's what life should all be about, we agree to disagree. The encomium by fellow senators across party divide to Senator Saraki showed he was a true leader. Some said though they weren't his fan but he showed true leadership.

19 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by mangojuice(m): 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
Janicesurebet1 post=
79082682:

See below
Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by AkataYeriYeri: 7:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
Mumu man
Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by babyfaceafrica: 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
who ask him question.
Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by sogodihno: 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
q
Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by foreshore(m): 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
chisomdoris:
An aspirant for the President of the Senate, Mohammed Ali Ndume, has warned that the independence of the Ninth National Assembly may be under threat.

He called on lawmakers to work to protect its independence to avoid turbulent sessions.

Ndume also singled out Senator Dino Melaye and apologised to him “if I offended you during my stay in the Eight Senate.”

Ndume, representing Borno South in the upper legislative chamber, noted that the only thing every parliament has going for it is its independence which it must guard zealously.

The lawmaker said this while contributing to the valedictory session to mark the end of legislative business for the Eight Senate on Thursday.

The Borno born politician said that the difference between democracy and military government is the independence of parliament.

Ndume said, “We had loads of disagreements. I respect your resilience and your ability to stand for what you believe in. We started together and we were doing fine. What happened was part of the learning process.

“My concern is the independence of this arm of government. That is not to say we must not work with the other side (Presidency).

“I see a dangerous thing coming. The only thing that makes democracy different from military rule is the Parliament. We need to ensure the independence of the Parliament.

“If we take away the Parliament, what we have is not democracy. I am one of those that were controversial in the last four years. Within the process, we may have offended one another. I take nothing personal.

“This institution is very important. Let us protect the sanctity of the parliament. This is the Nigerian Senate. There is no APC or PDP Senate. This is the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“We will continue to support the other side but we must work at all times to protect the sanctity of the institution of the parliament. We must continue to enhance the sanctity of the Senate at all times.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/9th-assembly-ndume-predicts-danger-apologizes-dino-melaye/

Yeye APC shitholes, because they need PDP votes now, dem don dey beg

2 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by sogodihno: 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
baliyubla:

Anyone but Lawan and the fraud Gbaja. The independence of the Legislature must be safeguarded.

lolz, u obviously said more than this, during the last presidential election, u don dey alright now ryt?

2 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by asobo: 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2019
baliyubla:

Those fronting for him are just been blind to the truth. With all his legislative experience, I can bet you Sen. Lawan constituency have nothing to show for such a long serving legislature. Ask people those from his constituency if you know any. Patiently waiting for Tuesday in house election.

2 Likes

Re: 9th Assembly: Ndume Predicts Danger, Apologizes To Dino Melaye by bid4rich(m): 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
Before honour comes humility

Well done Ndume

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Officer Sleeping On Duty (photo) / Patience Jonathan Said Women Would Return To Kitchen Under PMB, Was She Right? / Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.