Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) (41507 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by ReeLoaDead(m): 5:26am On Jun 07, 2019
TruthinAction:
Do you know him? It could be true. Well the best way to get help is through people you know face to face and if you are in a ministry that cares for people in need. Anyone can come to social media and post whatever they want in the name of help.
Seems like you were “born yesterday”: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck....
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by toprealman: 5:30am On Jun 07, 2019
michlins:
Wetin concern him concern staying healthy. And who give him mouth to dictate terms sef
He is now the BOSS.....don't you get it? It is a fight AJ needs like mad to bounce back. His focus should be on the belts not even a single dime unfortunately.
He is lucky, some will ask for £999M to step into the ring with someone without a single belt!

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by MobilityExpress: 5:52am On Jun 07, 2019
themonk:
The kind of journalism Nairaland does is shocking. He demanded $50M to fight Anthony Joshua only if Joshua insists the bout will take place in the UK. You guys shouldn’t put words in his mouth.

This is because the person managing Deontay Wilder is also managing Andy Ruiz, He goes by the name Al Haymon. He also managed Floyd Mayweather, He is a business man that has knowledge of his craft.

When Al Haymon wanted to make the Wilder-Joshua fight, Joshua demanded $50M to fight Wilder, so this is a comeback from Al Haymon.

Actually, Wilder was offered $100 million by DAZN for 3 fights match to fight AJ twice and Breazeale once and Wilder turned it down. This is the true facts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by TruthinAction: 5:56am On Jun 07, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

Seems like you were “born yesterday”: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck....

The fact that there are so many fraudulent people doesn't mean we don't have genuine people in dare need of help.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by kenex4ever(m): 6:01am On Jun 07, 2019
mikegb:

That should tell you it was fixed. He received more good hands from Klitschko than this bag of beans and he still saw the game through.
younger Klitschko would destroy AJ
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by Itzurboi(m): 6:12am On Jun 07, 2019
Fadelex:
The biggest mistake Joshua made was going to USA to fight. Boxing is not tennis that you can perform anywhere. You were holding 3 belts and whoever wants them should have come to meet you in Wembley but he thought he was invincible. Ruiz will now dictates term and Joshua's camp must abide or else he kisses those belts goodbye. Ruiz will rather allow the belts to be stripped one after the other than jeopardizing them all at once against Joshua in Wembley. never ever leave your comfort zone even when you seems too comfortable
Now you see why Messi(G.O.A.T) won't leave spain before they jeopardize his career...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:21am On Jun 07, 2019
TruthinAction:
The fact that there are so many fraudulent people doesn't mean we don't have genuine people in dare need of help.
I err on the side of caution... it’s good that you are on the other side, just don’t get burned.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:22am On Jun 07, 2019
Itzurboi:
Now you see why Messi(G.O.A.T) won't leave spain before they jeopardize his career...
because messi (not yet the GOAT) cannot succeed anywhere else ... failed for Argentina = zero trophies!

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by Aystarz: 6:33am On Jun 07, 2019
themonk:
The kind of journalism Nairaland does is shocking. He demanded $50M to fight Anthony Joshua only if Joshua insists the bout will take place in the UK. You guys shouldn’t put words in his mouth.

This is because the person managing Deontay Wilder is also managing Andy Ruiz, He goes by the name Al Haymon. He also managed Floyd Mayweather, He is a business man that has knowledge of his craft.

When Al Haymon wanted to make the Wilder-Joshua fight, Joshua demanded $50M to fight Wilder, so this is a comeback from Al Haymon.

So, AJ gets exactly what he gave.
Game, Set, Match!!!

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by themonk(m): 6:49am On Jun 07, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Actually, Wilder was offered $100 million by DAZN for 3 fights match to fight AJ twice and Breazeale once and Wilder turned it down. This is the true facts.
That is true, wilder turned it down because he wanted to remain a free agent instead of signing with DAZN. Also the money from fighting AJ twice(As at that time when AJ was undefeated) would exceed $100. Andy Ruiz fvcked up the pot.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by MobilityExpress: 7:08am On Jun 07, 2019
themonk:

That is true, wilder turned it down because he wanted to remain a free agent instead of signing with DAZN. Also the money from fighting AJ twice(As at that time when AJ was undefeated) would exceed $100. Andy Ruiz fvcked up the pot.

Ruiz broke the table grin. The pot was supposed to be retirement money for Wilder, that was why he wanted to push it into 2020, so that the hype can build up so strong Wilder and his team could be cashing out like $150m or more for 2 fights with AJ alone. That was why Wilder was tweeting rubbish against AJ after he lost the fight. The thing pain Wilder like mad. This 6ft6 strong 6-pack Gorilla let a short fat Fred Flintstone ruin their pot of gold. But on the off side, if AJ regains his belt, the pot with Wilder triples, might get up to a $450m for the fight grin. Let's see how it plays November December. The Fat boy must fall, no more snickers for him, that snickers gives him super power like spinach to popeye grin

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by Itzurboi(m): 7:13am On Jun 07, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
because messi (not yet the GOAT) cannot succeed anywhere else ... failed for Argentina = zero trophies!
Greatest doesn't mean performing everywhere, it simply means your great deed spreads everywhere... do you know mermaids do gather to watch messi play or do you need evidence?

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by davoiceoftruth: 7:24am On Jun 07, 2019
Lol. Reminds me of how AJ demanded $50M from Wilder. Karma is a bitch. Hehehheh
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by BluntBoy(m): 7:43am On Jun 07, 2019
duality:

I understand how AJ feels right now. I know some persons are doing "it's our brother" for him.

But

I think Foreman is right.

Any neutral person who saw that match will advise AJ to calm down.

Ruiz had a strong edge in that fight.

I also agree with Foreman.

When Lennox Lewis was beaten by Rahman, everyone knew that Rahman was just lucky. Lewis had had little time to train and was busy acting a movie when he should be training. He underestimated Rahman and was beaten and he lost his belts. When they had the rematch, Lewis expectedly beat Rahman.

But Anthony Joshua is not a beast like Lennox Lewis. Anthony Joshua is nowhere as good as Lennox Lewis. He should get his acts right if he hopes to fight so soon (November) because Ruiz would beat him again. This time, he won't even see the 7th round. And when he loses again, he would be totally finished.

Hearn should have him fight some journeymen for a start. He needs his confidence back and he needs to learn on the job. Without all these, Ruiz would finish him in the rematch.

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by duality(m): 7:46am On Jun 07, 2019
BluntBoy:

When Lennox Lewis was beaten by Rahman, everyone knew that Rahman was just lucky. Lewis had had little time to train and was busy acting a movie when he should be training. He underestimated Rahman and was beaten and he lost his belts. When they had the rematch, Lewis expectedly beat Rahman.

But Anthony Joshua is not a beast like Lennox Lewis. Anthony Joshua is nowhere as good as Lennox Lewis. He should get his acts right if he hopes to fight so soon (November) because Ruiz would beat him again. This time, he won't even see the 7th round. And when he loses again, he would be totally finished.

Hearn should have him fight some journeymen for a start. He needs his confidence back and he needs to learn on the job. Without all these, Ruiz would finish him in the rematch.

Gbam!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by phoexix: 7:51am On Jun 07, 2019
HBB1:
A.J better listen to George Foreman and leave that dude alone...
It was not a lucky shot, that dude beat him silly (like he stole something) and he is going to beat him again!
He gat skills, AJ with all his muscles don't.

smiley
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by APOPTOSIS: 7:52am On Jun 07, 2019
mimilogistics:
The hottest fat man in town shocked shocked
SUMO WRESTLER beating up a BOXER....
na disaster be that oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by TechCapon(m): 7:56am On Jun 07, 2019
Afonja007:
shebi Nigerians say AJ just leave him to win angry as at now na Ruiz hold yam hold knife if he cut give AJ AJ go thank him
exactly
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by TechCapon(m): 7:57am On Jun 07, 2019
planetx:
That is why those who believe the fight was fixed are silly.
I tell you
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by TechCapon(m): 7:57am On Jun 07, 2019
TheNaijanBlog:
Exactly! He is in the driver’s seat, Anthony needs him more than he needs Anthony. How the tables have turned. You are also correct make or mar fight for Anthony.
ur correct
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by TGMISKY(m): 7:59am On Jun 07, 2019
In the negotiations, the clause 'no druging' should be inserted. I still believe AJ was druged. Man was fighting like he was weak and wasn't seeing properly.
If AJ isn't druged, then the fight won't last till the 5th round.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by GeorgeTheCoder: 8:04am On Jun 07, 2019
nuelyoyo:
please can you explain to me how they made money by fixing the match?

Sports betting. When you rig a match, the outcome is known to you. You can place money on the winner or loser. Your winnings can run into hundreds of millions of dollars. Plus you still make the 'normal' money from the purse and broadcast rights and merchandizing and guest appearances, and endorsements etc

My strong belief is that either the match was rigged or the story that AJ suffered a concussion before the match is true.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by shogsman(m): 8:32am On Jun 07, 2019
Aj will lose the rematch,he’s too emotional right now.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by oyejohn: 8:51am On Jun 07, 2019
HBB1:

Have you checked his record?
Amateur record of 105-5!
Started boxing at 6.
And you have to admit he has skills-- he can move and can take a punch.
I love a heavy weight with skills! Reminds me of Toney.

AJ however started boxing at 18...
Has no head movement, no footwork, can't take a punch and above all lacked/lacks what should have won him that match-- a jab!
A 6, 6" fighter against someone 4 inches shorterr and he decides to get into the pocket with him?
Lennox Lewis or Klitschko would have killed him with a jab, jab him all day long!

If AJ likes he should fight him another 5 times, except he can correct these things (unfortunately he can't do anything about his glass jaw), Andy Ruiz will dance around him and beat him like a child.
You too sabi respect
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by budaatum: 10:30am On Jun 07, 2019
BluntBoy:

AJ did look lost in this fight like the amateur he is! Absolutely nothing outstanding about him except his height.

I watched Tyson's losses too and found that whenever his "elbow punch" was neutralised he was fuqd!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1PKu_xH9qo

Loss in 3 next time!
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by Tobesky1: 10:37am On Jun 07, 2019
Do you know you can make a career in accounting even as a non accounting graduate?
Do you know you can become a Chartered Accountant within a short period of time?
Do you know being a Chartered Accountant can open a wide range of career opportunities for you?
So,why can't you enroll for ICAN & ACCA training today. For info on ICAN Registration, lectures and more... Call us on 08062402552 or 07033274589
Trinity Edge Professionals
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by purplekayc(m): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2019
How much?

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by lloyds(m): 11:08am On Jun 07, 2019
temmypotter:
People talking about how the first match was fixed blah blah blah don't know shit about boxing

Dude knocked out Aj fair and square, if Aj knows what's good for him, he had better not rematch, not yet.

Start with smaller bouts and work his ass off.

If he loses again, his career is dead, gone and buried.

Guy, AJ underrated this guy in the last fight, his speed and skill. .so he was stunned. . But if AJ prepares well and use his technics, not getting close range and not creating opening for quick rebounds. . He will destroy this dude.

It might not be an interesting bout, but Joshua will beat him.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by BaBaMike: 11:56am On Jun 07, 2019
Let’s just say hypothetically, Ruiz can't demand for $50 million because the rematch contract has already been signed before the first fight. Ruiz will get what’s in the rematch clause he signed.

If he could set the conditions for the rematch himself then he could say for example I want $ 500 million, otherwise I will not fight.

But before the fight, he signed the contracts that in case of a win, he had to make the rematch, and I don't want to believe that Eddie Hearn, will be so stupid that there was nothing to write down where the fight would be and what Ruiz would get if he eventually win the first fight.

Anyway, congratulations to the first Mexican heavyweight champion.

Anthony Joshua will bounce back like Lennox vs Hasim Rahman rematch and once again become heavyweight world champion

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Demands ₦15.3 Billion To Rematch Anthony Joshua (video) by johnbuck81(m): 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2019
Kingmiah:
Smart guy he has to make the most of his new found popularity before it fades
i think this guy will give Joshua a very big problem in their forth coming rematch.. This guy is not a work over boxer/fighter.
Joshua is in trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Medals Table At The National Sports Festival. / Promise Vincent Enyeama To Husband: 'Freezing Cold But I've Got You My Warmer' / "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.