Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? (1397 Views)

No Lady Should Get Married If She Is Not Ready For This One Thing... / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / ~ladies: Reasons Why Your Guy Dumps You For Other Girls~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by outlaws(m): 5:46am On May 07, 2007
cool
There was a topic raised to why most Nigerian guys wait too long to get married. My conclusion was that money and not being ready is the main issue. Now, ladies, are those two factors an issue for you in terms of getting married or waiting for the broke to get his shit together?

I know some Nigerian couples in Portland that have had traditional marriage back home but have not had wedding here. It's clear that they don't have the money to do it or that they are not ready for the drama.

Some guys want to be in control, some want to be richer that the lady. That's not the case these days. Most of the couples that I know, their wives makes more money than they do.
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by outlaws(m): 11:29pm On May 07, 2007
cool
Where are the single ladies?
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by ima1(f): 12:01am On May 08, 2007
well it depends, if he is actually serious about getting married to me but is just worried about his financial state then ya we would stick it out together and work on building our own life, but if he is just bullshitting then there are many fishes in the sea.
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by iice(f): 3:15pm On May 09, 2007
Yeah i'd stay.  If you actually feel the deep abiding emotion for a person, it comes with accepting those down moments and all that.  Being broke is not the end of the world, neither does it make someone less of the person they actually are. And yeah i know the difference between being a lazy bone and someone determined to change their situation
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by outlaws(m): 11:34pm On May 09, 2007
cool
Good points.
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by opensoul: 3:36am On May 10, 2007
He has 6 months to get it together. And then after that, if he's still broke there needs to be a long talk about what plans of action will go into place. gotta keep it moving, shawty.
What's love got to do with it?
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by outlaws(m): 2:26am On May 11, 2007
cool
To: Opensoul:
It’s good to keep it moving but money is not everything.
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by DreamBig(m): 4:05am On May 11, 2007
i think i will stay,
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by opensoul: 6:55pm On May 11, 2007
To Outlaw:

Money is definately not everything. And I have a track record to prove that. I'm just at the point in my life, that if a guy can't be on the level he needs to survive, then I'll give him time to work on it. But does that mean I should wait forever, while my life and other opportunites pass me by?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by CrazyMan(m): 7:55pm On May 11, 2007
opensoul:

Money is definately not everything. And I have a track record to prove that. I'm just at the point in my life, that if a guy can't be on the level he needs to survive, then I'll give him time to work on it. But does that mean I should wait forever, while my life and other opportunites pass me by?
Word!
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by outlaws(m): 10:39pm On May 11, 2007
cool
I agree.
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by Abike2k6(f): 9:38am On May 12, 2007
Depends on how long he has not been 'ready' for. I'd be inclined to walk and find someone after the same things as me. There's only so long you can wait.

As for money, I can't marry anyone who can't match up to me financially. I've carried people's load in the past and I don't have time for it now. It's a depressing way to live and would make me lose respect for him
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by efuah(f): 11:27am On May 12, 2007
Money is not everything! if i love him deeply and he loves me too, makes me feel very special and happy, i will stay.
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by ne4real(f): 11:55am On May 12, 2007
it's one thing the guy to be ready for marriage and broke, and another for him to be broke and not ready for marriage.
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by hotchic1(f): 7:12pm On May 12, 2007
money definitely is not everything but then,ladies want to live a comfortable live,no lady want to get married and start suffering.If he's waiting because he wants to be financially alryt,thens its cool,he wants a comfortable life for you i think,so you can always wait.
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by vronnie(f): 4:06am On May 13, 2007
I would stay , as long as he is trying to better himself .
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by outlaws(m): 5:24am On May 13, 2007
cool
Those that would stay sounds like they got into the relationship not because of money. The guy may not be ready for marriage and broke. What about you, are you not ready and broke too? If he is broke and you are rich because of your parents or your hard work, then money is not an issue.

Ladies, your situation also plays a part.
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by menka(f): 12:33pm On May 15, 2007
hello guys,
interesting topic, i am into a relationship of such, the guy is some yrs older than me and pre-nysc candidate . i have finshed my own nysc since 2005 and working in an establishment. i do help him the little i could. initially i had cold feet for it but when i saw the seriousness and genuinety, i played along.
we are both working towards settling down at least ending of next year because his brother is planning to send him abroad for his 2 degree.
pls chicks look for real love and follow your heart as in making a right choice.if you fall into a category of" all red made" men thank god for it but if you find a love from who has a brighter future plan together . God will fulfill your heart desire and there will be a respect from both the guy and his family.
Re: Ladies, If Your Guy Is Broke, Not Ready For Marriage, Will You Run Or Stay? by outlaws(m): 6:20am On May 16, 2007
cool

(1) (Reply)

Who Whould U Marry / Girls: Don't Compare Your Boyfriends With Platonic Friends! / Who Cheats More? Men Or Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.