Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,844 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble (99531 Views)

Multi-Billion Naira Property That Landed Suspended AGF In EFCC Net (Billion) / List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why / Faces Behind Deal That Landed Nigeria In $9.6bn Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Surebank1: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
angry
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by somehow: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
EOD

Very irresponsible journalism

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by santopelele(m): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
BUHARI THE TYRANT
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
UceeGod:

All of you who support these politicians are the major problem with Nigeria. No politician deserve the support of any right thinking Nigerian.

Exactly.

Take this 2019 election. Based on performance, APC and PDP should have been voted out.

But no, Nigerians voted them back in....

We have a long way to go...honestly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by frowland(m): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
[s]
kaen1317:
I am the most abused and insulted president in the world, but when I leave you will all remember me for the total freedom you enjoyed under my Government---GEJ
[/s]

1 Like

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by OneManLegion(m): 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
kaen1317:
I am the most abused and insulted president in the world, but when I leave you will all remember me for the total freedom you enjoyed under my Government---GEJ

It's 2019, bruh!! Wake up!!

5 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Don27tiky(m): 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
Ait is broke only doing this to avoid paying it's staff. Daar is owing it's workers... all this na game plan by its owners

7 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by AMI3(m): 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
It is too bad my beloved station on suspension.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Akjwyzepal(m): 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
When you don't apply wisdom to everything you're asked to do. This is where you find yourself.

3 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Ladyamina2(f): 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2019
The video is fair and fact for democracy but we all know the uncircumcised,unrepentant ,uncivilized gworo man that is piloting the country....only GOD will humble Buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Wallade(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
I think the ban will help AIT, Raypower, other media outlets and NBC to check and review their activities.

AIT can be overboard sometimes, oftentimes, but I also feel that the move of NBC can set a bad precedence in the media industry.

Freedom of the press is ultimate but the press must also be responsible and careful with reports.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Iamgrey5(m): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
LibertyRep:
Someone once asked

Do we have more stringer regulators than the USA?
Are we more democratically inclined than the USA?

Why then is the CNN still operating?

Who determines the red line and when it is crossed?
All stations can't be like the NTA. Some people yearn for balanced reportage.
Most of you are ignorantly naive

Yes, we have more stricter laws than the USA when it comes to broadcasting.

The Americans even have more flexibile laws than Britain.

In America, News agencies are allowed to to be openly partisan with their reporting, while such is not allowed in the UK or Nigeria.

I hope you now understand why Trump cannot sanction CNN or why Obama couldn't sanction FOX news back then.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Adakintroy: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2019
Many of you will come here and talk rubbish. But you see everyday the bashing Donald Trump gets from the American press. You see it and hail like.. "way to go"..free press!. You want democracy to progress in that line. But here you are supporting this shamefully act. Just one tiny tugg. So everyone should speak in favor of this dying political regime?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by UrVillagePpl: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
every right has its limit[i][/i],{only in nigeria}

may God help us IJN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Bizlifelines201: 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2019
Sanctioning DAAR is not enough,NBC must prosecute the author and broadcaster of the offensive video if DAAR management can't do this.

3 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Iamgrey5(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2019
Adakintroy:
Many of you will come here and talk rubbish. But you see everyday the bashing Donald Trump gets from the American press. You see it and hail like.. "way to go"..free press!. You want democracy to progress in that line. But here you are supporting this shamefully act. Just one tiny tugg. So everyone should speak in favor of this dying political regime?

This is beyond bashing, this is an attempt to create public tension by spreading deliberate misinformation.

DAAR sat operators have been acting all this while like they are invicible.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Aiyk2333: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
Westsida:
Ait wasn’t like this many years back! They’re one of the best even if not the best! The owner must have been paid some certain huge amount of money to engage deeply into all these mess! I’m damn sure it won’t be for free!
no matter his level of partisan, he has the right to press freedom. CNN has said alot of rubbish about trump, alot, yet he only condemns CNN, he can do nothing more than that.. TVC years back did worst to Jonathan, he did nothing.. The innocence of Jonathan, our impatience has brought us all this!!! karma is a female dog

4 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by olumalcolm(m): 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
If CNN were to be judged by the kind of stories they post about President Trump, he would have sent a ballistic missile to their head quarter judging by what NBC did to AIT. angry

4 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by kratos12345: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
ProudBoy:
There is only one truth here. AIT breached a code and was appropriately sanctioned.
But brother,when a president says in the year 200 and 19 (20019) before the world thereby humiliating all of us, and people sees as as a comment from a very dumbest and describe Buhari as a president without an inch human substance, the next thing you just do is close or shut that person abi
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by kratos12345: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
ProudBoy:
There is only one truth here. AIT breached a code and was appropriately sanctioned.
But brother,when a president says in the year 200 and 19 (20019) before the world thereby humiliating all of us, and people sees as as a comment from a very dumbest and describe Buhari as a president without an inch human substance, the next thing you just do is close or shut that person abi Why why why
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Iamgrey5(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
Aiyk2333:

no matter his level of partisan, he has the right to press freedom. CNN has said alot of rubbish about trump, alot, yet he only condemns CNN, he can do nothing more than that.. TVC years back did worst to Jonathan, he did nothing.. The innocence of Jonathan, our impatience has brought us all this!!! karma is a female dog
He has done more than condemn them.

He has blocked the attempted merger of CNN with At&t on numerous occasions to get back at them

He has instructed that certain CNN anchors be thrown out of the white House

If he had the power to sanction CNN, he would have done more

It is just that American laws allow broadcasting houses to be openly partisan, unlike Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Aiyk2333: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
This is beyond bashing, this is an attempt to create public tension by spreading deliberate misinformation.

DAAR sat operators have been acting all this while like they are invicible.
If only u have the level of human understanding, seeing that documentary there were only making claims and stating facts, they never incited nothing. watch again and comprehend if you can be scholarly enough.. again, they were making claims and facts best known to them.

1 Like

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Bighead9: 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2019
It serves Daar communications right. They made themselves the Propaganda tools of PDP and IPOB. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Iamgrey5(m): 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2019
Aiyk2333:

If only u have the level of human understanding, seeing that documentary there were only making claims and stating facts, they never incited nothing. watch again and comprehend if you can be scholarly enough.. again, they were making claims and facts best known to them.
What are the facts ? Mr level of "human understanding"?

The fact that you had to create a certain complex word to justify and rationalize what AIT is doing, says alot about what they are doing.

Don't you think?

6 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by kayjay69(m): 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
Quote of the day, Quote of the motherf***ing day!

UceeGod:

All of you who support these politicians are the major problem with Nigeria. No politician deserve the support of any right thinking Nigerian.
Until you all start thinking and taking actions against these evil people that parade themselves as politicians, Nigeria will remain the same if not worse for the next generations to come.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by OLAJADON: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
princeade86:
But I don't think we are practicing democracy in this country.
we are indeed practicing democracy, that video broadcast by a TV station like ait says alot, NBC did the right thing and have you watch the controversial video.

1 Like

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Luvinghubby: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
Very soon they may censor Nairaland, na small small e dey start.

1 Like

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Aiyk2333: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
He has done more than condemn them.

He has blocked the attempted merger of CNN with At&t on numerous occasions to get back at them

He has instructed that certain CNN anchors be thrown out of the white House

If he had the power to sanction CNN, he would have done more

It just that American laws allow broadcasting houses to be openly partisan, unlike Nigeria.
ofcourse they'll be other underground sanctions but the key is press freedom, that's one of the major ingredients of democracy, whether America or Nigeria.. it's in this government we began to hear about hate speech.. what's that!! if we begin to count inviting speeches made by this clown buhari during Jonathan's regime, we won't finish. I was particularly in jigawa when Jonathan won in 2011 this clown declared no peace, that he was robbed, I lost a couple of friends in jigawa.. we are practicing democracy, there's nothing like America or anywhere.. this government want to spend 8yrs witchhunting, they've chased Dino to go for governorship where's there's a level of immunity.. God save us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by OLAJADON: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2019
ProudBoy:
exactly, it is only an ignorant that will support AIT in this menace, the cross the line and NBC did the right thing by sanctioning them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chiwetalu Agu Before And After DSS Arrest (Photos) / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.