Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble (99533 Views)

Multi-Billion Naira Property That Landed Suspended AGF In EFCC Net (Billion) / List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why / Faces Behind Deal That Landed Nigeria In $9.6bn Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by festacman(m): 2:45am On Jun 08, 2019
sweetilicious:
Why hasn't Trump done anything to CNN and some stations that reports against his way? Buhari rigged the election.Let face the truth and stop all these oppressions.Buhari provoked us all.Buhari provoked all his opponents too.
Let Atiku prove it to the court. That's what the constitution says. When Buhari lost to Obasanjo/Atiku's rigging machinery, he presented his case before the court and the judges disagreed with him. When Buhari lost to Late Yar'adua via Obasanjo's incumbency rigging, he presented his case to court and once again, majority of the judges disagreed with him. Never has Buhari employed extra judicial means to pursue his case. Nigeria is bigger than Atiku and his ambition.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by MONIKERREVEALER: 4:12am On Jun 08, 2019
at the bolded, there is no monster dictator bigger than ghadaffi!!!

shove your nonsense fearmongering up your behind!!!

let jubril+the fulani cabal try any nonsense and see your precious "one nigeria" torn to shreds and jubril+the fulani cabal promptly dispatched!!!

festacman:
This is a well thought out political blackmail game by Atiku's team against President Buhari.
- Put out the narratives that Buhari is a dictator in international community
- hire PR firms to be on standby,
- provoke Buhari constantly until he acts,
- then switch on the "dictator's clamp down on press" song,
- which the standby PR hirelings will trumpet to the world that a dictator is in Nigeria.

However, let Atiku, Saraki and their co-travellers keep in mind that a monster dictator can be created out of a normal person if that person is pushed to the wall, fighting for his life. They should tread with caution.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by NaniYusuf: 6:46am On Jun 08, 2019
NBC banned AIT and some fools are blaming BUHARI....
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by wirinet(m): 6:50am On Jun 08, 2019
nelsonoba:

That is exactly my point! Before I listened to it, I was wondering if AIT had aired some fake news propaganda. But when I finished watching it, I found out it was nothing more than clear facts with documents and video to support the information they gave. And some of the contents of the documentary are what people already know from what we witnessed on election day.
There is something called Sup Judice in law. Meaning matter already in court cannot be publicly discussed or broadcast. It's also contained in NBC code.

Even Dele Momodu, that recorded the documentary knew AIT would be in trouble for discussing, analysing and broadcasting a matter the court is yet to decide.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by wirinet(m): 6:56am On Jun 08, 2019
odomanis:

I do not see anything inciting or wrong in this documentary. by the way,Tinubu and then ACN did the same during the period they were in court to reclaim Fayemi and Aregbesola's victory back from the PDP then.

When a matter is Sub Juice, it cannot be discussed publicly. That's the law in all jurisdictions around the world.
Show us examples where Fayemi and Aregbesola broadcast a matter that is Subject Judice.
You people carry "whataboutism" to extreme levels.

2 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Urchman200: 7:09am On Jun 08, 2019
karashita:

When marvel when people compare broadcasting in Nigeria to other lands.Universally,the basi laws are the same-objectivity,fairness,balance, etc
However,for every country,the regulation is home grown,as it were.You tailor your broadcast rules to suit your environment.
Sorry to say this,but what is the percentage of Nigerians who can digest broadcast information on their own and not join the bandwagon?
The thing is,broadcasting in Nigeria still needs regulation else someone someday,will in the name of 'freedom of expression',burn the nation down.Enough said.
Daar has gone to court.Let us await the outcome.
I understand you ,but u know our fear for this ban is the political correlation the thing is coming with, Thanks for ur enlightenment and enjoy the rest of ur day.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by denssing: 7:46am On Jun 08, 2019
AIT has been made more popular locally and internationally anyhow you look at it.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by laudate: 8:04am On Jun 08, 2019
tactius:
Said by the same man who sent troops to mop up all the newspapers published on a certian day so that an 'embarassing story' won't be read by the public.

Said by the same man who sent the Police to block the National Assembly to prevent people from entering who were his 'opponents'.

Bubu is a mess, but GEJ was no better.
At least, he mopped up the newspapers but did not shut down their publishing houses or news stations. Which one is better? Mopping up newspapers or shutting down news stations?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 08, 2019
laudate:

At least, he mopped up the newspapers but did not shut down their publishing houses or news stations. Which one is better? Mopping up newspapers or shutting down news stations?

You are asking me?

Me, I no dey care for APC or PDP....they are the SAME.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by nelsonoba: 5:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
wirinet:

There is something called Sup Judice in law. Meaning matter already in court cannot be publicly discussed or broadcast. It's also contained in NBC code.

Even Dele Momodu, that recorded the documentary knew AIT would be in trouble for discussing, analysing and broadcasting a matter the court is yet to decide.

I'm not a lawyer, but I somehow want to believe you meant "sub judice".

Secondly, I want to believe that AIT is a news channel and should be allowed to REPORT EVENTS AS THEY HAPPEN even if this such a "sub judice" thing you mentioned is in place. From my understanding of the documentary I watched, they have only reported events that happened which most of us already saw them during the election, and it doesn't seem to me like they were trying to discuss or report the court proceedings. People everywhere have been talking about the same things AIT reported, so why should AIT suddenly be sanctioned for talking about what most people already know and are talking about? I just dont get it

1 Like

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by wirinet(m): 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
nelsonoba:

I'm not a lawyer, but I somehow want to believe you meant "sub judice".

Obviously, it is apparent i meant sub judice, typing with smartphone with predictive features makes one prone to such errors.

Secondly, I want to believe that AIT is a news channel and should be allowed to REPORT EVENTS AS THEY HAPPEN even if this such a "sub judice" thing you mentioned is in place.

The report is not news as the elections had already taken place. It is a one sided "documentary" detailing only Atiku's side of the argument.
Even the title of the documentary " Battle For The Soul of The nation -The PDP/Atiku Presidential Election Petition, gave the intent away. It was discussing a matter in court in public with is against journalistic ethics around the world.

From my understanding of the documentary I watched, they have only reported events that happened which most of us already saw them during the election, and it doesn't seem to me like they were trying to discuss or report the court proceedings. People everywhere have been talking about the same things AIT reported, so why should AIT suddenly be sanctioned for talking about what most people already know and are talking about? I just dont get it

Most of US did not and could not see what happened during the elections. Only a few people witnessed and monitor the parts of the elections they are present at, and the news media reported to a larger audience (sometimes with their own biases ).

Name the other media organizations that have acted as an advocate for Atiku against the government and INEC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by rexwalters: 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2019
kaen1317:
I am the most abused and insulted president in the world, but when I leave you will all remember me for the total freedom you enjoyed under my Government---GEJ
Which freedom?weak useless,clueless mistake,botanist turned president.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by karashita: 1:30am On Jun 09, 2019
Urchman200:
I understand you ,but u know our fear for this ban is the political correlation the thing is coming with, Thanks for ur enlightenment and enjoy the rest of ur day.

Hnmmm.I understand.Cheers.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by karashita: 1:38am On Jun 09, 2019
sweetilicious:
Are you trying to support the freedom of reportage?

What am saying is,people should not hide under the cloak of freedom of expression,to incite others to violence or unrest.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by kokomilala(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
@olajizz01,you're so uncouth and irresponsible with your remark. Even if any previous governments clamped down on the press, it still doesn't excuse the faschist posture of this government, that's so averse to criticisms, dissenting voices and alternate views..
Do you not read history at all? Throughout history, no dictator clamped down on the press and got away with it.
You're part of this missing generation of Nigerians, who are easily cowed.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Alejobs: 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2019
Money is good but don't loose your conscience!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chiwetalu Agu Before And After DSS Arrest (Photos) / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.