Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble (99529 Views)

Multi-Billion Naira Property That Landed Suspended AGF In EFCC Net (Billion) / List Of 8 States That Landed In Financial Distress And Why / Faces Behind Deal That Landed Nigeria In $9.6bn Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by nelsonoba: 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2019
mistyebby:

This video is just a compilation of PDPs tribunal report thus far. They could have paid any station to air this. I see no threat in this but facts and figures.

That is exactly my point! Before I listened to it, I was wondering if AIT had aired some fake news propaganda. But when I finished watching it, I found out it was nothing more than clear facts with documents and video to support the information they gave. And some of the contents of the documentary are what people already know from what we witnessed on election day.

1 Like

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Lovelive: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2019
Greatzeus:

We don't understand what you are saying,next time when educated people are talking,just shut up,so as not to disgrace yourself,olodo undecided

Sorry to say this and with due respect : You are very rude, accept it.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by sonofElElyon: 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
This was a documentary sponsored by atiku / PDP. AIT, being a business, has done no wrong in selling its broadcast time to them. The APC could have also sponsored on AIT, a counter documentary to state its own version of events but they never approached AIT for same. If they had been denied that opportunity, then we can rightfully reprimand AIT. I know AIT would have aired such APC sponsored documentary if they (APC) were willing to pay for the premium service because they had in the past aired APC / APC controlled states' sponsored programmes.. Same cannot however be said of NTA regarding PDP programmes and we dont see NBC going after NTA for partisanship! After all it is run with tax payers' money and not APC's funds!

tendingNews:

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2019/06/ait-ban-video-battle-for-soul-of-nation.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by victorazyvictor(m): 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2019
Godoverevery:

Am not insulting you bro... everything I wrote is directed towards Dopeksi himself don't get me wrong.
I just pity the workers and he is owing them already..... just compounding his problems the more.

Is OK bro!
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by duality(m): 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
I'm unable to play the video. Anyone with a better link?
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Jossyroyal1: 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
Topmaike007:
PDP have been doing same for long,what did Minaj broadcast international (MBI) did that made PDP government to shut it down till date

You mean PDP is in power till date??
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by ogunsbanjul(m): 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
I think AIT has gotten it wrong totally, as pronounced by the court of law that any case before court must not be aired or discissed if am right o. I remember this same AIT then when Lagos state under Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu as the governor of Lagos announced and begging Lagosians to DONATE for DAAR (AIT) communications because of been the first indigenous private station but at the end the same Tinubu was been fought politically before 2015 general elections through airing series of allegations against him through the station. Anyway I wish the station should be taken over by a profesaional investigating journalists and management rather than political investigating journalist and apolitical management
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Ikennablue(m): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
In America you can get arrested for raising the volume of your musical set too high. You all should stop comparing Nigeria to America, stop the CNN, trump and AIT thing. As much as i dislike this government, I wouldn't blame them (NBC) for sanctioning AIT, law is law, we have our laws, America have theirs. AIT saw this coming, you guys are just doing exactly what they want. Sympathy for them and Apathy for the government

2 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by sunkieisland(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
I'm neither in favor of the government nor AIT but it's obvious that the suspension albeit short is not fair.

It stands against freedom of the press. Though I haven't seen the documentary but no one commented that it would incite violence, such draconic ruling is slap on what democracy should stand for

The action of the govt would have been justified if the documentary directly affects national security and not the interest of the president.

These organizations, especially, the press, exist to ensure checks and balances to govt. The national assembly and other bodies should look at ways to really protect the freedom of the press.

Even if the documentary was partisan, some group of people want this and it's fair to them. The only news that deserves this action is one that compromises national security.

Just one man's opinion
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Kay25(m): 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2019
You keep saying thrash why has Donald trump not ask cnn to be shut down even when can clamps back at him most of the time?it just shows that we are not in democracy rather we are gong to a state of anarchy
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by chibaby1985(f): 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2019
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by nkemjacob2(m): 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
B4 judging how of d people typically has watched and read d code of NBC ? BIKO. stop typing rubbish
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by abbiboy: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
Westsida:
[s][/s]
If like crossed d line from today till next year,its already in history black n white paper.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by nkemjacob2(m): 8:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
If u HV d link of d video in YouTube, pls drop it so people can warch
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by pavoda: 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
In other countries there're clearly partisan Broadcast networks (MSNBC, FOX, RT )
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by pavoda: 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWjuql1Nwow
nkemjacob2:
If u HV d link of d video in YouTube, pls drop it so people can warch
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Topmaike007(m): 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
Jossyroyal1:

You mean PDP is in power till date??
i mean PDP government killed the news firm
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by koboko69: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Most of you are ignorantly naive

Yes, we have more stricter laws than the USA when it comes to broadcasting.

The Americans even have more flexibile laws than Britain.

In America, News agencies are allowed to to be openly partisan with their reporting, while such is not allowed in the UK or Nigeria.

I hope you now understand why Trump cannot sanction CNN or why Obama couldn't sanction FOX news back then.

Lol...

U have sense jare...

He talked about CNN and left what Fox was doing with Obama. U suppose know this people, they pick the one that suits them....then go on the attack.

Like i told someone....u also cant try this rubbish in UK. If US allows it.. na dem wahala...

This is Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by koboko69: 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2019
Aiyk2333:

no matter his level of partisan, he has the right to press freedom. CNN has said alot of rubbish about trump, alot, yet he only condemns CNN, he can do nothing more than that.. TVC years back did worst to Jonathan, he did nothing.. The innocence of Jonathan, our impatience has brought us all this!!! karma is a female dog

Una.too dey lie.

US laws is different from Nigeria's laws.
Was it US law that was broken or Nigeria's law?
U are shouting CNN now, what about FOX vs Obama?
I also guess u were still a toddler when Jonathan unleashed soldiers on the press, and the press as at then didnt even break any code like AIT...all they did was report BH activities. Let me jerk ur brain up a little.

Nigerian army raids newspaper over Boko Haram article
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/africa/nigerian-army-shuts-newspaper-intl/index.html

Nigeria Military Raids Newspaper, Seizes Computers and Arrests Journalists
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/world/africa/nigeria-military-daily-trust-boko-haram.html

That is just a little of what ur Jonathan did

Let me also remind u too that u can do the rubbish AIT did also in the UK. Cos they have strict laws like Nigeria.

So that US does not have strict laws on broadcast does not mean breaking your own country's law is ok.

Thank u

3 Likes

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Bimpe29: 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
He who lives in a glass house must not throw stone.

Consequently,

The Regulator must at all times be objective and transparent.

And, the Players must be patriotic and compliant always.

Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by blackboy(m): 9:36pm On Jun 07, 2019
Shame on NBC. CNN would have been banned if Trump behaved like this. We wont have Al Jazeera or BBC if this report by AIT is a crime in 2019 and a democracy
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by blackboy(m): 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
It can't happen in the UK I can bet on it. It's a news report. US or UK it can't happen. AIT did no wrong or rubbish. I don't like AIT cause to me they are too boring and trying to be so African.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Lonelypacifist6: 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
Topmaike007:
so it's PDP that have favour the press,go and read about Minaj broadcast international (MBI) and how your PDP government shut down the TV station till date
Come on bro I wasn't talking about politics here, you seem to have concluded that I'm a PDP person.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Urchman200: 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
How come usa has not ban CNN despite their hateful coverage about Donald Trump?
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by karashita: 11:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
Na wah for Dele Momodu o.How could he just conclude that it was that report that got Daar communications into trouble.Dat report was just one of the issues:

1)A case that is subjudice CANNOT and should not have been a subject of a subject for exposition on air-to what intent and purpose?(With its perceived 'years of experience" in broadcasting,the station must have been acting a script for airing it).

2)While user generated contents are allowed,in broadcasting,such must be verified and authenticated before use.

3)Any content SHALL not be carried in its provocative form and must be in decent language.

4)Any content that can cause chaos or incite the public to cause katakata shall not be subject for broadcast.
I can go on and on, but let me conclude by saying Daar communications ia guilty of the above and more.
The Chairman goofed by allowing his stations to be used for political vendetta.Next time,let him separate his political interest from his broadcast business.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by karashita: 11:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
Urchman200:
How come usa has not ban CNN despite their hateful coverage about Donald Trump?

When marvel when people compare broadcasting in Nigeria to other lands.Universally,the basi laws are the same-objectivity,fairness,balance, etc
However,for every country,the regulation is home grown,as it were.You tailor your broadcast rules to suit your environment.
Sorry to say this,but what is the percentage of Nigerians who can digest broadcast information on their own and not join the bandwagon?
The thing is,broadcasting in Nigeria still needs regulation else someone someday,will in the name of 'freedom of expression',burn the nation down.Enough said.
Daar has gone to court.Let us await the outcome.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by ogatboy(m): 11:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
UceeGod:

All of you who support these politicians are the major problem with Nigeria. No politician deserve the support of any right thinking Nigerian.
Until you all start thinking and taking actions against these evil people that parade themselves as politicians, Nigeria will remain the same if not worse for the next generations to come.

Are you saying there should be no government??
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by dochenaj: 11:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
What are the facts ? Mr level of "human understanding"?
The fact that you had to create a certain complex word to justify and rationalize what AIT is doing, says alot about what they are doing.
Don't you think?
I was reading your post and hoping you will tell us what AIT did but alas you have nothing to say.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by Petersamuel8(m): 12:53am On Jun 08, 2019
I watched the video and knew it's gonna land em in trouble
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by sweetilicious(f): 2:08am On Jun 08, 2019
LibertyRep:
Someone once asked

Do we have more stringer regulators than the USA?
Are we more democratically inclined than the USA?

Why then is the CNN still operating?

Who determines the red line and when it is crossed?
All stations can't be like the NTA. Some people yearn for balanced reportage.
Exactly
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by sweetilicious(f): 2:13am On Jun 08, 2019
festacman:
This is a well thought out political blackmail game by Atiku's team against President Buhari.
- Put out the narratives that Buhari is a dictator in international community
- hire PR firms to be on standby,
- provoke Buhari constantly until he acts,
- then switch on the "dictator's clamp down on press" song,
- which the standby PR hirelings will trumpet to the world that a dictator is in Nigeria.

However, let Atiku, Saraki and their co-travellers keep in mind that a monster dictator can be created out of a normal person if that person is pushed to the wall, fighting for his life. They should tread with caution.
Why hasn't Trump done anything to CNN and some stations that reports against his way? Buhari rigged the election.Let face the truth and stop all these oppressions.Buhari provoked us all.Buhari provoked all his opponents too.
Re: AIT Ban: Nigerians React To The Video That Landed It In Trouble by sweetilicious(f): 2:16am On Jun 08, 2019
karashita:

When marvel when people compare broadcasting in Nigeria to other lands.Universally,the basi laws are the same-objectivity,fairness,balance, etc
However,for every country,the regulation is home grown,as it were.You tailor your broadcast rules to suit your environment.
Sorry to say this,but what is the percentage of Nigerians who can digest broadcast information on their own and not join the bandwagon?
The thing is,broadcasting in Nigeria still needs regulation else someone someday,will in the name of 'freedom of expression',burn the nation down.Enough said.
Daar has gone to court.Let us await the outcome.
Are you trying to support the freedom of reportage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chiwetalu Agu Before And After DSS Arrest (Photos) / National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.