Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria (3032 Views)

40 Years After: Murtala Muhammed (a Bloody Coup) / Bloody Coup: Emir Sanusi Sends Nigeria A Very Strong Warning / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2010
He who has no sin should cast the first stone.

We are all guilty to what Naija has become - not only he that lots the treasury -

So many sins that can be counted against each person - so, lets talk and reason within us ourselves first before spoiling for war.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Maaazi

I am not attacking you - ndem. I am only saying, something you cant start, dont preach it as a solution to our problems.
This was exactly the same way tunde idiagbon made a proclamation on blood revolution at a function,the next thing we heard was that he was poisioned.who knows who may have killed him just for rapping a j rawlings-type revolution
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2010
people have this romantic idea of violence solving problems

they have learned nothing from history

the violent sections of the civil rights movement - the black panthers devolved into the bloods and crips of today

the violence embarked on by mend ushered in the spate of kidnapping that is crippling the south east

the french revolution ended in a civil war, it also ushered in the reign of terror and the gullotine

the cambodian revolution wound up with the khmer rouge muredering the intelligentsia

bloody revolutions, like riots , wind up as opportunities for societies bad eggs to run riot and unchecked

most importantly, there is too much distrust in nigeria. a simple example is my anti gej stance  - i have been called an ib  man, a frustrated hustler, etc

that is how a revolutin will also play out. "the revolutionaries have an agenda" - and it will go downhill from there

is that not what happened with the 1966 coup? though in that case azikwe was conveneiently out of town? and reports are that it became a case of gloating - we have dealt with you, wetin u fit do  (ibos to hausas) we all know what came next
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 10:32pm On Sep 30, 2010
I say let him carry placards tommorrow, and all the other people who shouts Naija is this Naija is that only on Nairaland - how many politicians read Nairaland? If you want to be heard, go to the streets, or go to facebook, and right GEJ directly, with the same venom you use here. But if you cant even carry a placard, but all you do is shout and rant on NL, i think it is mis directed - the people, the peasants - they dont come here, you have to reach them - they even think you are too elitist for them to listen to any message you have -

So, bros, carry placard, abeg.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 30, 2010
oyb:

people have this romantic idea of violence solving problems

they have learned nothing from history

the violent sections of the civil rights movement - the black panthers devolved into bloods and crips today

the violence embarked on by mend ushered in the spate of kidnapping that is crippling the south east

the french revolution ended in a civil war, it also ushered in the reign of terror and the gullotine

the cambodian revolution wound up with the khmer rouge muredering the intelligentsia

bloody revolutions, like riots , wind up as opportunities for societies bad eggs to run riot and unchecked

most importantly, there is too much distrust in nigeria. a simple example is my anti gej stance  - i have been called an ib  man, a frustrated hustler, etc

that is how a revolutin will also play out. they have an agenda - and it will go downhill from there

is that not what happened with the 1966 coup? though in that case azikwe was conveneiently out of town? and reports are that it became a case of gloating - we have dealt with you, wetin u fit do  (ibos to hausas) we all know what came next

He knows the story.i just don't know why he wanted another war anyways i hope this has nothing to do with secession,eze.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Kilode1: 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2010
I'm not sure about this bloody revolution business. undecided

I don't believe we've explored all means yet, The price to pay for now seems too much, too many of my people are still too uneducated and ignorant. They will suffer the most(not that they are not suffering already). I'm not able to stomach that right now. I can understand the temptation, like Sankara said

You cannot carry out fundamental change without a certain amount of madness -Thomas Sankara

But we have to exhaust all avenues, else we perpetuate our people's sufferings and achieve nothing.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 1:53am On Oct 01, 2010
@labiyemmy:

He who has no sin should cast the first stone.

We are all guilty to what Naija has become - not only he that lots the treasury -

So many sins that can be counted against each person - so, lets talk and reason within us ourselves first before spoiling for war.

Oh I can judge these people. I have not cause anyone to lose their lives. I have not stolen money from anyone. I may have lied from time to time, but their sins far outweigh most of our own.

Spoiling for war against who? I know the face of my enemy and it is not a particular tribe, it is the elite!
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 1:55am On Oct 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

He knows the story.i just don't know why he wanted another war anyways i hope this has nothing to do with secession,eze.

This is definitely not about secession. Because the same people who are "leading" the Igbo are just as corrupt as the elite of other groups.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by bkbabe97y(m): 6:36am On Oct 01, 2010
My first thought about a "bloody revolution" was: "Ah, too many bodies are gonna litter the streets". Then, I remembered that ,like vultures, Vampires, and Hypnotized Zombies, Ibo men salivate upon sighting human carcass, so there goes my worries. . . . Yeah, now I support a annihilatingly, vicious, and terrible bloodbath against those who have kept the "Hope of the Black Race" from fulfilling its unlimited potential!
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by chyz(m): 6:40am On Oct 01, 2010
bk.babe97y:

My first thought about a "bloody revolution" was: "Ah, too many bodies are gonna litter the streets". Then, I remembered that ,like vultures, Vampires, and Hypnotized Zombies, Ibo men salivate upon sighting human carcass, so there goes my worries. . . . Yeah, now I support a annihilatingly, vicious, and terrible bloodbath against those who have kept the "Hope of the Black Race" from fulfilling its unlimited potential!

Hand clap.Good 4 u.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 6:47am On Oct 01, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Was that nonsense really needed? That post has tainted my thread. Nothing about this thread was tribal. *hand clap* But you have managed to bring something tribal into it.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by patrick89(m): 7:23am On Oct 01, 2010
This bk.baby is the most moronic, unintelligent, and foolish dude on this forum. I've never seen this kid make a reasonable contribution on any topic. He seeks to twart everything into tribal bashings. . . Dude it's tym you know you are disgracing your fellow Yoruba folks on here.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by xterra2(m): 7:29am On Oct 01, 2010
A revolution is necessary yes but we should wait after the 2011 elections first,free and fair elections is a must,
If not then yes a revolution May 29 2011 is a good day but only if people start panning now

To be 100% honest,i would join the movement

But one thing remain IS IT POSSIBLE

I had an argument with a friend yesterday ,he said it was not possible and it would be interpreted as Muslims VS Christians
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by sbeezy8: 7:35am On Oct 01, 2010
If there is ever going to be a BLOODY REVOLUTION I WILL SUPPORT IT TO BREAK UP NAIJA not to keep it one.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 01, 2010
xterra2:

A revolution is necessary yes but we should wait after the 2011 elections first,free and fair elections is a must,
If not then yes a revolution May 29 2011 is a good day but only if people start panning now

To be 100% honest,i would join the movement

But one thing remain IS IT POSSIBLE

I had an argument with a friend yesterday ,he said it was not possible and it would be interpreted as Muslims VS Christians

How can you plan an uprising/insurrection in a country where everyone cares about ''HIMSELF'' anyways have you considered the punishment for mutiny and treason ?
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by jamace(m): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
Bomb explosion in Abuja today:

Is this the beginning of the revolution?
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by naijaswag1: 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
Which revolution? Is it because it is in Abuja? They will settle them(500million naira).Many still don't understand Nigeria.The only thing that can trigger serious unrest is GEJ wrenching power from the north come next election unless the north are not ready for anything.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
I'm very sure if you search for threads that were created prior to the 2007 election. You will find the same anger and emotion that Ezeuche is displaying today. The truth of the matter is that without a bloody revolution, Nigeria is never gonna move forward. At least not with the crop of politicians we have. Call me a prophet of doom if you like.

When it's getting close to election like this, things start looking as if Nigeria is going to experience another civil war only for things to continue as usual as if nothing happened. Even when it's glaring that the election was rigged.

We have to stand up today as a people to stand up and be counted amongst the people that will be remembered 100 years from now as the catalyst that changed Nigeria. We cannot sit down and watch few nitwits dictate our destiny. Let us come together as one. igbos, Hausa, yorubas, Ijaws, Urhobos, Ibibios, Efiks, Ishekiris, Idoma, Nupe, Tiv, Edo, Gwari etc and fight this government once and for all.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
sbeezy8:

If there is ever going to be a BLOODY REVOLUTION I WILL SUPPORT IT TO BREAK UP NAIJA not to keep it one.

Thought you didnt care if Naija breaks up or stays together undecided
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by samm(m): 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2010
Whose blood will be shed? If yours is shed you will never see the new Nigeria and your kids and grand kids, Violence is not always the answer.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2010
I want a revolution too but if it turns violent who will my salary cos i work for the govt grin grin
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by ogajim(m): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nigerians and their reasoning embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

The 1966 coup appears to be the closest Nigeria has ever come to a real revolution but the execution led to "issues" that still consume the country till today. Imagine if a "few politicians" from all parties, tribes and creed were "let go" then in the proper context of the plan, would a part of the country have lost "millions" of lives in the aftermath a few years later?

Many Nigerians believe they can be more useful alive than take a stand, pay the ultimate sacrifice and be secured a spot in "posterity", Heaven, etc. There can't be more than 5,000 people (so called elites) that has held the country hostage for 50 years and whatever remains of them will not give up easily.

Nigerians as a people appear to be "punks" when it comes to matters of this nature if you ask me. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 3:36am On Oct 04, 2010
ogajim:

Nigerians as a people appear to be "punks" when it comes to matters of this nature if you ask me. shocked shocked shocked shocked

You are not lying. We are a nation of cowards. Every single person. Nzeogwu, my hero was no "punk."
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 3:49am On Oct 04, 2010
The revolution has started - abi? Bomb blast @ Abuja.

Why are those who preaches bloody revolution against the bomb blast?
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 3:51am On Oct 04, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Why are those who preaches bloody revolution against the bomb blast?

Because it did not target the right people.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 04, 2010
MaziUche0:

Because it did not target the right people.
It doesn't matter who the victims are in as much as the purpose is to force a political change !
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2010
MaziUche0:
All it takes is an idea.

And Nigeria is a failed state. When a state cannot protect its most vulnerable citizens, then that state is a failed state. Social programs are almost nonexistent. Teachers are not getting paid. Lack of access to clean water. No electricity. Roads are in disrepair. Politicians loot the national coffers at will. Police are the ones you have to fear instead of going to them to protect you.

NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE. And only when Nigeria is bathed in blood, will this nation rise. It is a complete travesty people like IBB and OBJ are able to walk around in Nigeria even though we all know they looted public funds for their own self enrichment. IT IS A SHAME.

So shame on me? Shame on you! I will call a spade a spade.

BATHED IN YOUR BLOOD, SHEBI?
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 9:16am On Oct 04, 2010
[size=14pt]The only revolution worthy of having is a democratic revolution, vote people like Donald Duke, Ribadu, Saraki OR Fashola into power then we would have had a generational shift from the old hands to the new hands and a new thinking would suffice as the leaders OR in this case the shepards would lead their flocks to the promise land.

IBB/Gusau/ Atihku Supportrers throw your weight behind - Saraki

Buhari/AC and other voters - throw your vote behind Ribadu

Goodluck J - TRANSITIONAL - The real battle is in 2015 if he wins, we should see him as someone steadying the ship until when the real battle begins, left for me I want him to lose the Primaries SO he would have no option but throw his weight behind Ribadu.

Donald Duke -  Through new media, youth moblization, a clear and concise structured programme in his manifestoe he can get that 40 million votes needed to win the Presidential election. I would suggest he throws his hat behind the Labor Party.

Fashola- not available at this time.  embarassed

That to me would be a revolution, we should all bear in mind that all past revolution has failed, the french revolution failed, the russian revolution failed since they have since embrace capitalism with all its ramifications, the Cuban Revolution failed. All these revolution only ended up impoverishing their people the more hence a new direction in most of these nations.[/size]
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Litmus: 9:17am On Oct 04, 2010
Nigeria just needs to be left alone to get on with it.  Fist, it was a war against the military rule, then a war against democratic rule, especially if it is perceived  Northern and  now that a Southerner is in power , fools are pedaling war against the middle classes and so-called elite. The thing is, people who are pushing this violent future for Nigeria are faceless,  one suspects foreign. One poster in another thread who wants war in Nigeria even riled that millions are starving in Nigeria, one wonders if he has ever set foot in Nigeria with views like that.

Hawks destroy a nation like Iraq, and  then are contracted to rebuild infrastructure at the cost of trillions of dollars reward and also get to control the oil.  With these Hawks of war flying over the sky of Nigeria, one wonders if there are no more rich pickings in the middle East, Congo and East Africa.

Leave Nigerians and Nigeria alone.

Book recommendation:

Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 04, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]The only revolution worthy of having is a democratic revolution, vote people like Donald Duke, Ribadu, Saraki OR Fashola into power then we would have had a generational shift from the old hands to the new hands and a new thinking would suffice as the leaders OR in this case the shepards would lead their flocks to the promise land.

IBB/Gusau/ Atihku Supportrers throw your weight behind - Saraki

Buhari/AC and other voters - throw your vote behind Ribadu

Goodluck J - TRANSITIONAL - The real battle is in 2015 if he wins, we should see him as someone steadying the ship until when the real battle begins, left for me I want him to lose the Primaries SO he would have no option but throw his weight behind Ribadu.

Donald Duke -  Through new media, youth moblization, a clear and concise structured programme in his manifestoe he can get that 40 million votes needed to win the Presidential election. I would suggest he throws his hat behind the Labor Party.

Fashola- not available at this time.  embarassed

That to me would be a revolution, we should all bear in mind that all past revolution has failed, the french revolution failed, the russian revolution failed since they have since embrace capitalism with all its ramifications, the Cuban Revolution failed. All these revolution only ended up impoverishing their people the more hence a new direction in most of these nations.[/size]
Word !
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2010
[size=14pt]Perharps we might have a revolution in our hands at the moment, JEG was not part of the political elites that despoiled Nigerians fortunes for so many years. His father was a canoe maker from Bayelsa State for crying out loud how commoner can he be. Let us give him the benefit of doubt if he wins the primaries, we shold embrace it as a new begining into good things to come for Nigeria hopefully.  

But going by the few months he had being at the helms of affairs,  he has not being impressive, well we Nigerians force this position on ourselves by bickering on wether he would run OR not making him to lose focus on governance,  turning him into an overnight candidate.  Well we want a candidate, a candidate we now have in our hands,  the President bit or duties is more OR less a Part time job now.[/size]
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 04, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]Perharps we might have a revolution in our hands at the moment, JEG was not part of the political elites that despoiled Nigerians fortunes for so many years. His father was a canoe maker from Bayelsa State for crying out loud how commoner can he be. Let us give him the benefit of doubt if he wins the primaries, we shold embrace it as a new begining into good things to come for Nigeria hopefully.  

But going by the few months he had being at the helms of affairs,  he has not being impressive, well we Nigerians force this position on ourselves by bickering on wether he would run OR not making him to lose focus on governance,  turning him into an overnight candidate.  Well we want a candidate, a candidate we now have in our hands,  the President bit or duties is more OR less a Part time job now.[/size]

thats where u missed it.

ibb, abacha, obj and most of the people who ruined nigeria all have humble origins.

the only difference between gej and the rest of them is that they shed their first wives as they ascended to the realm of political elite - a choice the antics of patience Johnathan now makes me understand

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu State Governor Impregnates First Lady’s Younger Sister / Rare Image Of HRH Oba Olateru Olagbegi Ii Olowo Of Owo Kingdom / "My Meeting With Cramjones": My Own Story~Tonyebarcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.