Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit (15195 Views)

Youths Resist Fulani Herdsmen Attack In Ebonyi State / South-West Monarchs To Save Osinbajo From Impeachment - The Guardian / We Will Resist Fulani Vigilantes In Igboland - Ohanaeze Tells Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
Samtob90:

Oponu, while they came up with the strategies to tackle the menace, you are here castigating. Had your people do similar thing in the past, the rate of raping in your
Land would have reduced

There is no thread that goes by about Fulani's wickedness in igboland that you Yellowbers don't masturbate on. Remember the seven days ultimatum your elders gave them? What happened? Seven days don pass oo.

Strategies to tackle the menace ko, homosexualism to tackle lesbianism ni.

6 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
South-West monarchs vow to resist Fulani bandits as govs plan security summit

In response to the increasing cases of kidnapping and robbery by bandits and suspected Fulani herdsmen in the South-West, traditional rulers from the region have vowed to defend their people and fl...

The governors spoke at a meeting at the Ondo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja on Friday.

Traditional rulers from Osun, Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo and Osun states, who spoke in separate interviews with

“The issue of kidnapping is making our people to stay away from home. Really, the monarchs in the whole of Yoruba land should get together and other groups should be involved in checkmating this invasion and make sure we protect our people and property.”

Pastors, imams to get approval before preaching in Kaduna

In his comment, the Olohan of Erijinyan Ekiti, Oba Omoseebi Adegoroye, said, “We told Governor Fayemi during the meeting that neighbouring states should work together while traditional rulers will work on traditional ways.

The Elemure of Emure Kingdom, Oba Emmanuel Adebayo, said traditional rulers in the state were monitoring and discussing with a view to proffering solutions.

Oluwo said, “When the attacks became rampant, especially along Osogbo/Iwo road, I summoned all traditional rulers in my domain. Since then, I have been meeting with them regularly.

“I won’t allow such invasion here; but we need cooperation and support of government to further secure our area. We will resist them because our people can no longer move freely. They cannot go to their farms and the situation is becoming worrisome.”

Oba Alao said, “I concur with the statement made by Obasanjo and I think we need a conference of all traditional rulers and the leaders, including all stakeholders in the Nigerian project to discuss which way forward for Nigeria.”

The Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Saliu Adetunji, called on local hunters in the South-West, socio-cultural organisations and government in the region to protect the territory from invasion by bandits and suspected Fulani herdsmen who block major highways to attack people.

In Ogun State, some traditional rulers who spoke with

Some of the monarchs who spoke with our correspondents were Towulade of Akinale, Oba Olufemi Adewunmi Ogunleye; Olorile of Orile Ifo, Oba Abdul Ogunjobi; and Elejio of Ejioland, Oba Oluwasesan Ogunmuyiwa.

They condemned the invasion of South-West states by herdsmen.

The monarch said, “If Federal Government calls for our intervention, we are ready. There are many things we can do as traditional rulers. We can go back to our elders and make use of what our elders used in the olden days.”

In his comments, the Deji of Akure, Oba Aladelusi Aladetoyinbo, said there was a need for community policing and state police to check criminals entering Yoruba land.

The traditional ruler of Auga Akoko in the Akoko North East Local Government Area, Oba Samuel Agunloye, whose wife was kidnapped by suspected Fulani herdsmen and later released after some days, noted that the criminal elements among the Fulani should be flushed out of the region.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/south-west-monarchs-vow-to-resist-fulani-bandits-as-govs-plan-security-summit/amp/[/quote]
Simple solution is to bar and arrest any Fulani man entering Yorubaland, whether behind cattles or not. And if they resist arrest, shot them. Enough is enough: dire situations require strong response to stop.

2 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
ba7man:
We won't fight wars, we'll rather poison you while you're asleep.

The same way awololo lol poisoned himself so as to not fight wars abi

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by ba7man(m): 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ardar:

The same way awololo lol poisoned himself abi so as to not fight wars.
If i say the way Awolowo dropped just 1 idea that led to the death of almost a million Igbos.

Life no be by gragra.....sense pass muscle.

8 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Seetto: 2:04pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ardar:

grin All this big grammar for me? Well am not surprised, you act like you are better when you are actually worse than the idiots am quoting.
You are the idiots here, no doubt your monthly blood discharge has been channeled to your brain, just hope it has no seized, reason why your idiotic madness is just starting grin grin

4 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Elemosho478: 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ardar:

But but but..... Erosion in Oyo state, infact 60 erosion sites to be precise

https://www.nairaland.com/3990077/oyo-identifies-60-new-erosion

The picture you attached to it was even one of the Erosion site in Anambra

That picture was the picture of an erosion site in Anambra, it was just attached to that post by one pained IPOB yoot

4 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2019
Seetto:

You are the idiots here, no doubt your monthly blood discharge has been channeled to your brain, just hope it has no seized, reason why your idiotic madness is just starting grin grin

grin I can clearly see you want my attention so I'll give it to you. I think the rust particles coming out the brownish copper roofed house your father passed down to you has obviously clogged your brain.

There is no difference between you and someone with down syndrome.

8 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by xpool(m): 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ardar:
Mtchewww the yellowbers in this forum along with some biased mods have done and is still doing everything possible to suppress the news of herdsmen causing havoc in the south west, they do not want outsiders to know that they are also getting it hot from this forced union called Nigeria.

Fulani herdsmen are kidnapping their relatives in broad day light and they don't mind but if it's to insult and threaten a young chukwudi (wey no send them by the way) for doing a legit business ( selling gala) in lagos, they would be up for it.

Talk about misplaced priorities. undecided

Munu!
Since the menace of the terrorist herders in the southeast started, what have your governors and traditional rulers done? Except holding a meeting where they declared that their children (IPOB) are terrorists.
Yoruba's are more organised as a nation than the Ibos they are taking a holistic approach to deal with the herders.
Keep on attacking yorubas while your governors and traditional rulers and politicians keep on betraying you.

5 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by luluman: 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2019
Niaja4real:

That one na una headache las las, thank heaven, one of u is the VP
That's the point we always make: yeebos cannot mind them business. Like you for example, Why put your looong mouth in our business when they did not mention one Igbo in their report?

1 Like

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by sogodihno: 2:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
SLAP44:
What about their toothless bulldog brother washing clothes in Aisha backyard and called a VP?

it that same VP position that obigotry want to get to, that he couldn't after licking Atiku yansh so tey e tongue pill, and u know that VP position, no one in ur generation has ever gotten dia nor will b able to get there.

1 Like

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by luluman: 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ardar:
Mtchewww the yellowbers in this forum along with some biased mods have done and is still doing everything possible to suppress the news of herdsmen causing havoc in the south west, they do not want outsiders to know that they are also getting it hot from this forced union called Nigeria.

Fulani herdsmen are kidnapping their relatives in broad day light and they don't mind but if it's to insult and threaten a young chukwudi (wey no send them by the way) for doing a legit business ( selling gala) in lagos, they would be up for it.

Its not misplaced priorities , Its just that when you & your Chukwudi forget they are in our land we we correct your errors, & when fulanis terrorise we also make our move. If Chikwudi sit well nobody will caution him.

4 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by luluman: 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2019
Obaakran:
if i'm sleeping and wake up to hear Yorubas beating the drum of war, i'll go back to sleep" (IBB ...
We can't all be yeeebos now, Yorubas know well the consequences of war unlike your people.

4 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by sogodihno: 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ardar:

But but but..... Erosion in Oyo state, infact 60 erosion sites to be precise

https://www.nairaland.com/3990077/oyo-identifies-60-new-erosion

no where like this in Oyo, liar. Igbo piglet

2 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by luluman: 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
Erastuslove:
mmmmmmmmm are they tired of being loyal? are they tired of political slavery? do they want to end but licking for gain? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lets see if they are serious this time...
Just as your seriousness for Biafra is mixed with desire for speaker of the house.

1 Like

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Seetto: 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ardar:

grin I can clearly see you want my attention so I'll give it to you. I think the rust particles coming out the brownish copper roofed house your father passed down to you has obviously clogged your brain.

Still on tribalism mode, we can never be on the same page on that regard, why should I be pained with your tribal bigotry remarks, it is unfortunate you chose to continue on this path, when you and your so called ethnic fermenter be it Igbo, Yoruba etc finally set the country on fire, hope history will not repeat itself..
Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by SLAP44: 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ardar:

Scientists have linked the development of a disease which makes skulls to grow to conja shape to rustic brown roof dwellings grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by legba1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ardar:

i hope you are aware your folks in the east are daily being kidnapped and raped daily....pls implore your kins to take steps to stall the urgly trend before you politicise the move of others....fulani trouble is not a matter of yorubas alone.....am sure you are even typing from a location in lagos

3 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by SLAP44: 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
Seetto:

Still on tribalism mode, we can never be on the same page on that regard, why should I be pained with your tribal bigotry remarks, it is unfortunate you chose to continue on this path, when you and your so called ethnic fermenter be it Igbo, Yoruba etc finally set the country on fire, hope history will not repeat itself..

Tell that to your brothers.

4 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
SLAP44:

Scientists have linked the development of a disease which makes skulls to grow to conja shape to rustic brown roof dwellings grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by SLAP44: 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2019
legba1:

i hope you are aware your folks in the east are daily being kidnapped and raped daily....pls implore your kins to take steps to stall the urgly trend before you politicise the move of others....fulani trouble is not a matter of yorubas alone.....am sure you are even typing from a location in lagos

Hypocrites, you voted in evil to frustrate the last government and now wants me to implore my people to take steps to reverse wetin?

If the rain falls, everyone will be drenched here. Don't bother to run.

7 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Listar(m): 2:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
Obaakran:
if i'm sleeping and wake up to hear Yorubas beating the drum of war, i'll go back to sleep" (IBB ...
lollllllll! I beg no kill with laughter

9 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Listar(m): 3:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
sankky:
Nice strategy by the SW.
Align with them politically but assert yourselves traditionally.
But a whole lot is wrong with this statement made by one of the monarchs : “I won’t allow such invasion here; but we need cooperation and support of government to further secure our area".

undecidedWhich govt exactly is he asking to help them deal with the herdsmen terrorism? Is it this Fulani govt that tacitly endorse herdsmen activities?
And for the part where pastors and imams are deemed to have equal rights to ask for permission before preaching publicly, if u take that state govt serious, u must be one of those who believe them when they tell u that Sharia in the north absolutely applies to only Muslims.

that monarch is a betrayal of royalty

1 Like

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by SLAP44: 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
luluman:
Just as your seriousness for Biafra is mixed with desire for speaker of the house.

Never give up

5 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by salt1: 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2019
sapientia:
Am typing this just so I can come back to it later.

Buhari will turn Fulani's into endangered specie.

No way they can win in a war against all Nigerians.

Let Buhari keep forcing Nigerians to the wall.

If not for the guerrilla warfare, they would have been wiped out. Hausas are dealing with them
Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Obaakran: 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
Listar:
lollllllll! I beg no kill with laughter

lolzz

6 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by luluman: 3:59pm On Jun 08, 2019
SLAP44:

Never give up
Then tell your ancestors to stop begging for speaker seat.

2 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by sapientia(m): 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
salt1:

If not for the guerrilla warfare, they would have been wiped out. Hausas are dealing with them

It will get worse.

And it will be too late.
Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by fegben(m): 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
Unfortunately these people talk from the two sides of their mouth after secretly selling their lands to Fulani herdsmen. Fulani herdsmen have been buying acres of land in the south west and bringing their men to occupy

6 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by ckmayoca: 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
Like these cowards you mean? grin

olodo no civilians can battle military. these are military men na.

5 Likes

Re: South-west Monarchs Vow To Resist Fulani Bandits As Govs Plan Security Summit by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
Lovechisom55:
South-West monarchs vow to resist Fulani bandits as govs plan security summit

In response to the increasing cases of kidnapping and robbery by bandits and suspected Fulani herdsmen in the South-West, traditional rulers from the region have vowed to defend their people and fl...

The governors spoke at a meeting at the Ondo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja on Friday.

Traditional rulers from Osun, Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo and Osun states, who spoke in separate interviews with

“The issue of kidnapping is making our people to stay away from home. Really, the monarchs in the whole of Yoruba land should get together and other groups should be involved in checkmating this invasion and make sure we protect our people and property.”

Pastors, imams to get approval before preaching in Kaduna

In his comment, the Olohan of Erijinyan Ekiti, Oba Omoseebi Adegoroye, said, “We told Governor Fayemi during the meeting that neighbouring states should work together while traditional rulers will work on traditional ways.

The Elemure of Emure Kingdom, Oba Emmanuel Adebayo, said traditional rulers in the state were monitoring and discussing with a view to proffering solutions.

Oluwo said, “When the attacks became rampant, especially along Osogbo/Iwo road, I summoned all traditional rulers in my domain. Since then, I have been meeting with them regularly.

“I won’t allow such invasion here; but we need cooperation and support of government to further secure our area. We will resist them because our people can no longer move freely. They cannot go to their farms and the situation is becoming worrisome.”

Oba Alao said, “I concur with the statement made by Obasanjo and I think we need a conference of all traditional rulers and the leaders, including all stakeholders in the Nigerian project to discuss which way forward for Nigeria.”

The Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Saliu Adetunji, called on local hunters in the South-West, socio-cultural organisations and government in the region to protect the territory from invasion by bandits and suspected Fulani herdsmen who block major highways to attack people.

In Ogun State, some traditional rulers who spoke with

Some of the monarchs who spoke with our correspondents were Towulade of Akinale, Oba Olufemi Adewunmi Ogunleye; Olorile of Orile Ifo, Oba Abdul Ogunjobi; and Elejio of Ejioland, Oba Oluwasesan Ogunmuyiwa.

They condemned the invasion of South-West states by herdsmen.

The monarch said, “If Federal Government calls for our intervention, we are ready. There are many things we can do as traditional rulers. We can go back to our elders and make use of what our elders used in the olden days.”

In his comments, the Deji of Akure, Oba Aladelusi Aladetoyinbo, said there was a need for community policing and state police to check criminals entering Yoruba land.

The traditional ruler of Auga Akoko in the Akoko North East Local Government Area, Oba Samuel Agunloye, whose wife was kidnapped by suspected Fulani herdsmen and later released after some days, noted that the criminal elements among the Fulani should be flushed out of the region.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/south-west-monarchs-vow-to-resist-fulani-bandits-as-govs-plan-security-summit/amp/

Mouth action

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isa Pantami: National Identity Number Will Be Made Compulsory Soon / 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President / Peter Obi Commiserate With Victims Of Onitsha Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.