Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? (9257 Views)

Should Nigeria Grant Independence To Biafra, Yes Or No ? / Happy 50Th Birthday to Governor Fashola / 50th Independence: Jonathan Orders Probe Of N6.6bn Budget Expenditure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by A40(m): 7:24am On Oct 01, 2010
Nigeria at 50!!!! [size=14pt] AGBAYA[/size]. Nigeria is like that autistic child you want to hide but you love all the same. Imagine a 50 year old man that is still crawling,can't talk,still craps in his pampers and is still sucking breast-milk

E go better sha abi wetin i wan talk again?
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by usbcable(m): 7:48am On Oct 01, 2010
Some of us here would celebrate our birthdays even though we are way behind the achievements of some of our peers.
We would tell ourselves ''reasons'' why its worth celebrating or at least be thankful to God for.
We would remember/regret the missed opprotunities.We would wish we had done some things different.We would hope we achieve more the coming years.We would pray we overcome our incapacities(either self-afflicted or externally influenced).We would still feel happy we are alive despite the despair we may have for our past failures and gratitude for our ''little'' accomplishments.
In thesame vein today is worth if anything at all being thankful to God for.Thankful that we still have hope 'cos when there is life and one is still able, then there is still hope for a brighter future.
HAPPY CELEBRATIONS.cheers.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by freshwater(m): 7:56am On Oct 01, 2010
A fool at 20nw is a fool 4ever. Nigeria is 50 nw, no good changes so far, since yesterday till this morning the network is bad, telvision statn also. No light, we are tired of bad government, we need sm1 that can do it beta. Hear i cme 2027, and we will both make it happen.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by bkbabe97y(m): 8:00am On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Unfortunately or fortunately. . . However you see it, I will be celebrating in New York City at Trump Towers. grin

I fuxcking dare u! angry
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by jchublue: 8:01am On Oct 01, 2010
Happy Birthday Nigeria!

Nigeria has some enduring qualities despite all her cancers, she is resilient, beautiful and is a go-getter. Let us join hands to make the 60th one a better cause to celebrate,

Have a look at this article. It is a satire on Nigeria at 50. Very apt but hilarious: http://woahnigeria./2010/09/30/no-malice-in-nigeria-wonderland-nigeria-independence-special/
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Olaisrich(m): 8:09am On Oct 01, 2010
THE LAND IS GREEN AND THE WHOLE WORLD IS GOING GREEN,BECAUSE WHEN IT IS GREEN IT IS SAFE!
HAPPY GOLDEN JUBILEE NIGERIA!. cheesy cool
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by FBS: 8:12am On Oct 01, 2010
NIGERIA!!! It is well.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by swiftycool(m): 8:25am On Oct 01, 2010
Happy Anniversary to all who have gone through and survived the poverty, human rights abuse, corruption, tribalism, bad leadership, infrastructural collapse, bad image from other countries Yet still believe and are ready to fight for a new Naigeria,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wit RIBADU.  wink cheesy ;

WEAR IT WITH PRIDE

Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Ganjaseed: 8:30am On Oct 01, 2010
Shut Up !!!!!! Bombokla
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by OneNaija(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2010
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its peoples are treated, We can Build this country on a foundation of pleasant thoughts. Never fret at any imperfections that you fear may impede the country progress. Remind yourself, as often as necessary, that you are a creature of God and have the power to achieve Nigeria dream by lifting up your thoughts. You can fly when you decide that you can. Never consider yourself defeated again, Together we can build this Nation forward. Let the vision in your heart be in your life's blueprint. Happy Independence Day All fellow Nigerians.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by CrudeOil2(m): 8:41am On Oct 01, 2010
Lets pop the champagne bottles!! Its independence day
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2010
la la la la la la,
andrew wants to check out, nigeria go survive
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Mization(m): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2010
I think our leaders are yet to get it right.Imagine the ndigbos meeting on 2015 presidency when innocent kids are kidnapped ryt under their nose n nothing is being done by them.mass failure,no electricity,water,go roads,basic amenities but all we hear from our leaders is zoning or no zoning.I think we're not placing our priorities ryt.God bless naija.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by ifyalways(f): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2010
Happy Birthday Nigeria!!!!!
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by IBEXY(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2010
This is a period for national prayers. There's hardly any reason to celebrate. There's not even power supply to watch the aniversary on TV.  sad
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Olumogun: 9:28am On Oct 01, 2010
NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE ON YOUR 50th BIRTHDAY

MAY GOD DELIVER YOU FROM YOUR PRODIGAL SONS
WHO ARE OCCUPYING THE POSITIONS OF POWER
THAT KEEPS YOU CRAWLING INSTEAD OF FLYING

one thing I believe is that one day, God will deliver this nation
from U and I. God's purpose will surely come through

Anyway, HAPPY GOLDEN ANIVERSARY
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by princekevo(m): 9:29am On Oct 01, 2010
What is happy about the independece?
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Binsule(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2010
Celebrating independent my ass! What gave them the impressing that that is what the poor woman need? We ain't celebrating any 50yrs of bad leadership! Come on tell me something.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 01, 2010
Happy Birthday Nigerians home and abroad
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by MissyB3(f): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2010
**Reciting the National Anthem**  grin

Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
[size=15pt]One nation bound in freedom, peace and
unity[/size].

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice
shall reign.

Happy 50th Birthday, Nigeria.  kiss  kiss  kiss
I hope this marks our turning point.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 01, 2010
F * U* C* k NIGERIA,d land of injustice,wickedness,vindictiveness and enslavery of all kinds-economic,political,religious enslavery. u are not worth 2 be called a country.its best described as one big glorified jungle where people live their lives in "state of nature"-brutish,poor wicked and nasty.
a jungle at 50 angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by McCoy91(m): 9:46am On Oct 01, 2010
Happy birthday naija. Hope in your case, a fool @50 isn't a fool forever. We'll get there.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by snowdrops(m): 9:52am On Oct 01, 2010
Theres is nothing to celebrate. The entity called Nigeria is a sham. It needs to be split in half so the northerners can go their separate way.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by snowdrops(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2010
Indonesia also is as old as Nigeria.

It too was ruled by the military until 1998. It has a population of 200 million.

However life expectancy there is 70 and in Nigeria only 47 yrs.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by timpaker(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2010
Nigeria a country that has reached its menopause age, the age of the wise, is yet to show any sign of learning from the past. We still build castles in the air, still promising what we promised 50 years back, still wanting to patch and amend, still trying to solve an identified problem with which answers we already have. So de facto, Nigeria a country crawling from birth is yet to achieve its desirable development, at menopause yet unmarried.
The question now is, is the outragous amount brought out by our leaders worth spending on just a day celebration?
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by JUO(m): 10:01am On Oct 01, 2010
the kids has been released. thank God

happy kidnapping
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by tshepiso(f): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2010
:dhappy independence day to all nigerians home and abroad!!!!!!!

Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by bxcode(m): 10:17am On Oct 01, 2010
In good, bad and even terrible times, NAIJA still remains my motherland. I couldn't have wished for another land.Seeing what you have been through and even though you are still trying to free urself from the grips of corruption, i will neva stop loving you. As the day goes by, i will continue to pray and hope that you will make it someday, sometime. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Ojukwursg(m): 10:26am On Oct 01, 2010
Congrats to 9ja @ 50. I am so proud of my hardworking countrymen and women. Go Naija!
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by djcrucifix(m): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2010
HHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by talk2docee: 10:40am On Oct 01, 2010
HERE COMES MUCH AWAITED INDEPENDENT DAY. FEEL FREE TO MAKE CALLS TO ALL YOUR LOVE ONES JUST VISIT THIS LINK http://24hoursfreecall.tk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recent Picture Of Former Nigeria Minister Of Petroleum Alison Madueke / "Desperate People In Government Bent On Pulling Me Down" - Saraki / Prof Sagay Says Corruption Has Greatly Reduced Under Buhari's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.