Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? (9275 Views)

Should Nigeria Grant Independence To Biafra, Yes Or No ? / Happy 50Th Birthday to Governor Fashola / 50th Independence: Jonathan Orders Probe Of N6.6bn Budget Expenditure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by talk2docee: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2010
JUST VISIT THIS LINK http://24hoursfreecall.tk AND CALL YOUR LOVED ONES
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by style2: 10:46am On Oct 01, 2010
Moderator: Permit me to use this medium, (this will hopefully make Nigerians happy)

I see there are mixed feelings on Nigeria 50 Years.
In sincerity I wish evryone HAPPY INDEPENDENCE!
May this celebration usher Nigerian into a great country with God-chosen leaders to lead the country in the right direction.
May the citizens flourish in all worthy exploits.

Hope you are all enjoying yourselves; as we promised, GORGEOUS LOOKS is giving 5000 Naira FREE GIFTS to all Nigerians to enjoy on our website: http://www.thegorgeouslooks.com/

Hurry now while offer last, as there will be high interest in the FREE GIFT.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by jrtorrents: 10:58am On Oct 01, 2010
happy birthday to Naija
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by ennniy(f): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2010
Happy Birthday Nigeria!!!

Good luck to you,
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by johndavid1(m): 11:09am On Oct 01, 2010
up naija!

Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by bignaija(m): 11:15am On Oct 01, 2010
we should thank God at least no war only corrupt leaders only
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by globalaid(m): 11:28am On Oct 01, 2010
Happy birthday my fatherland. May your wasted years be restored.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by ugsh: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2010
bignaija:

we should thank God at least no war only corrupt leaders only
i agree! , also no natural disasters too! cool
No fear of terrorist attacks  cool
and by the way happy I n d e p e n d e n c e my fellow Nigerians! yawn kiss
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by otumfour(m): 11:37am On Oct 01, 2010
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL NIGERIANS, GOD BLESS Y'ALL AND ALL THE BEST

1 LUV FROM GH. wink
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Dieunedort: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2010
happy 50th anniversary of independent ,may this land remain blessed 4ever.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
a loving mother will still celebrate the birthday of a problem child in the hope that he will someday change for the better. sometimes we celebrate not only in accomplishments but in positive optimism. as long as there is life, there is a chance of CHANGE. so despite all her problems, all good willing citezens of Nigeria owe her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! andwith speeches like that i can run for president u know wink lol
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Beync(f): 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
are u watching the event at eagle sq? it's quite interesting.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beync:

are u watching the event at eagle sq? it's quite interesting.

wey de light to watch am embarassed
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Uricas(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nigeria-issue is like that a boy that is supposed to cover a certain distance within one hour,let say 50km.If he is able to cover 25km out of 50km nobody will say the boy has not cover any distance. I suppose nobody has right to say independence day does not worth celebration,instead of inveighing against our leaders and individual generally lets have a look into what is keeping us behind and find the way forward.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

a loving mother will still celebrate the birthday of a problem child in the hope that he will someday change for the better. sometimes we celebrate not only in accomplishments but in positive optimism. as long as there is life, there is a chance of CHANGE. so despite all her problems, all good willing citezens of Nigeria owe her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! andwith speeches like that i can run for president u know  wink lol

no u cant run for office sir because u r in denial and good flowery speeches go for a dime a dozen. There's nothing wrong with celebrating positive optimism, but theres hardly anything that inspires hope in our country today. As Soyinka once said,“Let's say there are prospects for a new Nigeria, but I don't think we have a new Nigeria yet.” And I repeat that we've begun our ascent into the next fifty years on the wrong footing. All these pomp and gaiety on display at  the eagles square shows we have thoughtless leaders steering the helms of our affairs. Whats wrong with  having a little more subdued event? Off course there were Ghana must go bags  to be shared.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by orchgem1: 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2010
even in our trails and tribulation we still strive for gr8ness and tranquility, we stumble and rise again, a gr8 nation without natural disasters but with human destruction and partiality of equal rights, we naija;s never say never we still strike for survivals! god bless the federal republic of naija, even thus water, light, qualitative education and good roads no dey. naija till i die . bravo!! naija @50 from asia to naija with love,

Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Amujo(m): 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2010
It's a good thing that Nigeria clocks 50. But does it worth celebrating with party jamz, drinks and all that? ofcourse NO!!! I know some bad leaders will see this as as an opportunity. My Naija people this is the time to call ourselves to order both leaders and followers. This is a kind of vision that had been seen by som people like FELA ANIKULAPO and other Activist!!! Let's look at the past, the present, and the future. Is things getting better or worse?. For instance Fed Govt came up with the idea of spending a huge amount of money to print new N50 Note to celebrate Nigeria @ 50, also allocates some billions of Naira for Nigeria @ 50 parade & celebration. Ok, think of it if F.G. decide to use that money on Educating the Youths and DECLARE FREE EDUCATION FROM PRIMARY TO UNIVERSITY LEVEL FOR THE WHOLE YEAR 2010 alone or Promote a NIGERIA-MADE GOODS and sell it to Nigerians at a subsidy rate. This is what everybody can benefit from. To be constructive on this matter, I will suggest one of the ways forward out of these mess. That is USING WHAT WE HAVE TO GET WHAT WE WANT. What we have is our VOTE!!! it is our power, we have it to elect a capable leaders from LG to FG level. Therefore, Nigerians please dont seat on the fence on on-coming election, REGISTER, PARTICIPATE and CAST your VOTE to a CAPBLE LEADER. Arise O' compatriots!!! Arise Youths, dont be slumber. God Bless Me!!! God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by teeboyseve(m): 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
Happy birthday Nigeria,

I love you ,and will always do, I understand the situation is hard, But I promise never to leave you. We will work together to solve it.

God Bless Nigeria.

Teeboyseven,
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by bolaji4lyf: 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
D state of the Nigerian economy was better off 49 years ago. Dont you think
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by bolaji4lyf: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2010
I dont think its worth it. The money spent on the celebration should have been used for better causes. Rather its paraded as its being used for a celebration , wn we all know its all a way of raising campaign funds for 2011
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by buzugee(m): 5:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
is naija really 50 years old ? if you have a child, and the child grows up to be an adult. and then the adult gets kidnapped and held in captivity for a long time. and then one day he gets released by his captor. is that your grown azz adult childs birthday going to start getting counted from the day he was released by his captors ?
nigeria aint 50. nigeria is a grownnnnnnnnnn azzzzz country. remember civilizashaun started in africa before our captors were even born. give or take, i will say naija is at least 1 milion years old http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_is_Africa
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Ibomade1: 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nigeria, The Giant of Africa is 50 today. It is time for the giant to wake up from slumber
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by kingahmjok: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2010
No matter how we pary for them; "(1) NEPA (2) POLICE". IMAGINE on Nigeria's Independence Day, NEPA release light for people to watch the programmes showing on Television. Even the Police have mounted several illegal Road BLocks On HIgh Ways extorting Money from their Fellow citizens all in the name of "Celebrating 9ja @ 50". PLease KINDLY Help Advise our President "GOODLUCK" to do something about these ISSUES so that he can use them to CAMPAIGN for 2011. PLs send ur comments+contributions>>>>
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by lolomau: 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nigeria would be great, all corrupt leaders would be FLUSHED away soon!!! Watch out.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Ivynwa(f): 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2010
buzugee:

is naija really 50 years old ? if you have a child, and the child grows up to be an adult. and then the adult gets kidnapped and held in captivity for a long time. and then one day he gets released by his captor. is that your grown azz adult childs birthday going to start getting counted from the day he was released by his captors ?nigeria aint 50. nigeria is a grownnnnnnnnnn azzzzz country. remember civilizashaun started in africa before our captors were even born. give or take, i will say naija is at least 1 milion years old http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_old_is_Africa

E-e-e-e-em Buzugee ain't you very very right there? Why should Independence be celebrated in the first place when it is only a reminder of a time when we were once under captivity? Such pains are better forgotten, we should celebrate every day that we are opportuned to be of the same country as one another through love, care and tolerance.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by buzugee(m): 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ivynwa:

E-e-e-e-em Buzugee ain't you very very right there? Why should Independence be celebrated in the first place when it is only a reminder of a time when we were once under captivity? Such pains are better forgotten, we should celebrate every day that we are opportuned to be of the same country as one another through love, care and tolerance.
very well said.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Ndipe(m): 12:22am On Oct 02, 2010
Happy independence day to Nigeria.
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by Lagam: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2010
Ni ge riya Blessed country with bad leadership celebrating 50 years inprisonment
no light,no water,bad road,poor education no salary 4 wokers
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by topeabos: 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2010
thank God only 4 life.if @50 we are still importing safety pin it is a diseaster
Re: Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It? by safariman(m): 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2010
Happy 50th Naija, what a party in DC last night (eating Naija cake)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anyim Pius' (SGF) sacked for Excessive Sleeping,(pics) / BREAKING! Atiku unintentionally revealed His VP! / Be Magnanimous In Victory, Keyamo Urge Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.