Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,491 members, 7,836,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1371674 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2019
Okay guys! It is around this time available appointment dates are not usually favourable due to school resumption date. However, there is an option you can use to get a suitable date. Asking your school for extension letter while you go to interview close or after school official resumption date is not the best as some schools will not even give you extension. (though should you not get expedient appointment request approval, you can use this option), because if you meet a consular that is not in a good mood and he/she ask why you're just coming now? That could dent your chances.

REQUESTING FOR EXPEDIENT APPOINTMENT:
Qualifications
Before you apply for an expedited appointment, you must ensure that you have documentary evidence to prove the urgency. If it appears during your visa interview that you misrepresented the reasons for expedited travel, such facts will be noted on your case file and may adversely influence the outcome of your visa application. All applicants requesting an expedited appointment are required to first pay visa fees for a regular visa appointment. Applicants who are granted an expedited appointment but subsequently refused a visa at either the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will not be allowed to utilize this option in either location to obtain another expedited appointment.

Students or exchange visitors
Purpose of travel is to begin or resume a valid program of study in the United States within 60 days when no regular visa appointments are available. This option is limited only to students and exchange students who are within 60 days of their start date. It is also limited only to applicants who have not been refused a visa within the last six months at either the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos.

Essential documentation:
Original Form I-20 or DS-2019 indicating start date of program within 60 days.
Attach the SEVIS FEE payment confirmation as well (additional).

Applying for an Expedited Appointment
Step 1
Pay the visa application fee.

Step 2
Complete the Non-immigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.

Step 3
Schedule an appointment online for the earliest available date. Please note that you must schedule an appointment before you can request an expedited date. At the time you schedule your appointment, you will see an onscreen message showing the earliest available appointment date, which includes expedited appointments. Accordingly, you may find that it is not necessary to request an expedited appointment because there are no earlier dates available. If you wish to proceed with requesting an expedited appointment, then complete the Request Form or contact the call center to request assistance.

Once you pick a date, you will see the option to request for expedient appointment on your dashboard. There is no need to fear. The fact that it is called expedient appointment does not mean your interview will be different from normal one. The expedient appointment only helps you get a suitable date. Your interview ain't going to be different in anyway.

Please be sure to note the criteria you believe qualifies you for an expedited appointment. Once you have submitted your request, please wait for a response from the Embassy, which will come via email.

Step 4
If the Embassy approves your request then you will receive an email alerting you to schedule your expedited appointment online. Please understand that the call center cannot schedule your expedited appointment for you, but agents are able to assist you if questions arise. Should the Embassy deny your request for an expedited appointment, you will be notified of the denial by email and you should keep your existing appointment.

NOTE: if you have not been refused within last six month, this option is good for you. Kindly use it if you can't find a suitable date. It will be approved.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:35am On Jul 04, 2019
there is nothing from you in my email. Maybe you should resend it!
Tohajan:

Boss, kindly check your mailbox pls. I sent you a mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 9:50am On Jul 04, 2019
fairheart:
there is nothing from you in my email. Maybe you should resend it!

I just resent it to your gmail address sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stellyhardy: 10:18am On Jul 04, 2019
Good morning fam, a friend of mine just paid application fee and the dates she’s getting are far from her resumption date. I advised her not to pick any date yet and that she should wait for like 3 to 5 days to see if Dates will pop up.pls ill
Like to know the best time she can check I.e between when n when do new dates open up these days?
Thank you !
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 04, 2019
Stellyhardy:
Good morning fam, a friend of mine just paid application fee and the dates she’s getting are far from her resumption date. I advised her not to pick any date yet and that she should wait for like 3 to 5 days to see if Dates will pop up.pls ill
Like to know the best time she can check I.e between when n when do new dates open up these days?
Thank you !

let her check the locations abj & lagos and decide which is best for her. then :
1. let her pick any date now and then hope to reschedule if there are closer dates
2. apply for expedited/emergency appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tboy47(m): 10:26am On Jul 04, 2019
Please gurus in tthe house. My interview is scheduled for nextweek tuesday. I need scrutiny on these areas please

VO- where are you going to

am going to ths us to obtain masters degree in physics with specialization in exploration geophysiccs at texas a and m university commerce

Why Texas a and m

I was awarded a graduate assistantship that covers part of my tuition and living expenses, but more importantly, the ongoing research been conducted by Dr blount on ACTivation analysis in petroleum exploration aligns with my career of interest in becoming a geophysicist and its also essential in the professional advancement in the geophysics sector i hope to work on my return to nigeria

Why this degree

As an undergraduate, i developed interest in this particular aspect of physics, there is a huge deficiency in the amount of geophysicist in nigeria
And most of d seismic evlauations are been done by expartriate . So getting this degree will not just equip me with the skills to be highly employable but will also deepen my technical know bow to work as am expert

What will this degree do for you

This degree will prepare me to participate in the oil field developement in my country

What are your plans ater graduation

On my return to nigeria, i intend to enter geophysics field and take up geophysicist job positions so i can make significant contributions to project that requires geophysics applications. Project such as exploration of oil and mineral deposits in the north central

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 04, 2019
Hhhhhhh
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tonyelolia: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
Good day, please I want to know if its possible to choose abuja as my place of interview even if I filled lagos on my application
I was refused Visa on 3rd of June this year in Lagos and since then, I've been trying to get an appointment date in lagos, but it's not been successful, its still showing no appointment dates available, can I try abuja? please what do you suggest I do?
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by marvveditorial: 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2019

Thanks a lot for this!

There are standard procedures we always discuss here that help candidates and prevent unnecessary stories during their visa interviews. They include;

- Applying to at least three schools
- Taking standardized tests (GRE/GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS)
- Following a logical study approach (BS to MS to PhD, and not BS to AA or BS to BS)

If you fail to do any of these, you are just giving yourself an unnecessary headache - a headache that should have been clearly avoided.

Your visa can be approved but make sure you tell the VO that you applied to one school - don't lie!. I don't think telling the VO that you had financial problems is important. The VO is not asking you "why did you apply to one school?"

The question is "How many schools did you apply to?" And your response should be "One" with no further story that will complicate things for you.

Regarding the i20, it is normal for schools to fund you for 8 or 9 months. You shouldn't have issues with that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ellakemzy: 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2019
Anyone going to University of Central Missouri or knows anybody going this August?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by samdgreat2011: 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2019
tboy47:
Please gurus in tthe house. My interview is scheduled for nextweek tuesday. I need scrutiny on these areas please

VO- where are you going to

am going to ths us to obtain masters degree in physics with specialization in exploration geophysiccs at texas a and m university commerce

Why Texas a and m

I was awarded a graduate assistantship that covers part of my tuition and living expenses, but more importantly, the ongoing research been conducted by Dr blount on ACTivation analysis in petroleum exploration aligns with my career of interest in becoming a geophysicist and its also essential in the professional advancement in the geophysics sector i hope to work on my return to nigeria

Why this degree

As an undergraduate, i developed interest in this particular aspect of physics, there is a huge deficiency in the amount of geophysicist in nigeria
And most of d seismic evlauations are been done by expartriate . So getting this degree will not just equip me with the skills to be highly employable but will also deepen my technical know bow to work as am expert

What will this degree do for you

This degree will prepare me to participate in the oil field developement in my country

What are your plans ater graduation

On my return to nigeria, i intend to enter geophysics field and take up geophysicist job positions so i can make significant contributions to project that requires geophysics applications. Project such as exploration of oil and mineral deposits in the north central

Any special feature about your school that makes it unique to your chosen field?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hi bro, did you do GRE and what was your score please

Nehemiah77:
Interviewed by the young white man at window 1
26th June
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BenAzie(m): 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2019
ybahrbz91:
The best of reward for a sincere act is from the Almighty. Thanks to everyone who has contributed on this platform.
An ardent follower who was denied F1 visa twice last year and had to defer till fall 2019.
MS Rehabilitation Science at UIC
GRE; 302
No funding after several trials, told to enroll first before being considered.
Deficit; $46k
Last year, Dad SOA was little above deficit and which I think was reason for my denial.
I discussed my ordeal with my uncle (maternal, different surname) and has agreed to sponsor me.
Preparing for my next interview, if asked Why is your uncle sponsoring you? Am yet to come up with a convincing response.
I would appreciate suggestions.

This is not much of a tough decision I think. I will recommend you go with your Dad's SOA and your Uncle's own too. Tell the VO your Dad is paying say 70% while your uncle is helping with other 30%
Note: Your Dad should be paying the majority so that will be a strong point
The girl ahead of me in my interview, when asked said something like Family Sponsor, she brought letter(s) and different back statement from different people. The Window 6 (Abuja) VO surprisingly had no problem with that. Afterwards her application was granted. Success bro/sis!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by beledinho(m): 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2019
Please kindly help me review my transcript and give me reasons for my Denial cos m planning to reapply... Thanks so much...

VO: why are u going to US
ME: for my masters degree at blablabla university to study civil engineering with concentration on renewable energy system designs
Vo: how many uni did u applied to
Me: 3 universities (I named them)
Vo: how did u know abt d university
Me: thru my undergrate final year project supervisor who was d director of centre for renewable energy technology in my undergraduate school
Vo: who is sponsoring u
Me: my father
Vo: what does he do
Me: retired as diretor of a ministry and owns a church
Vo: ur plans after study
Me: to come back to nigeria so dt I can apply for job at the centre for renewable technology center in my undergrated school in order to contribute my quota to the development of my country
Vo: passes my pink paper as ineligible

Note: I just summaried my responses...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drealsahmy(m): 3:55pm On Jul 04, 2019
drealsahmy:
please what are your reviews on Oakton Community College.

Do they still issue visa for Community Colleges
If so please list some good Colleges in chicago for me. thanks

Anyone please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Segemenge87: 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2019
Good day everyone

Please what're the chances for second bachelors.
No standardized test as I'm exempted by the school based on my prev. Uni transcript n proof of English i sent to the sch
First b.a. philosophy, course to study: criminal justice.
School: saint Leo university, Florida
Scholarship: 8500
Deficit. 29,531

Thank you as I await responses on what to prepare for. My interview is next week

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mudicua: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hi. I skimmed through your transcript...
And these were some of the things I think you should work on.

• Why are you going to the US?
==>I’M GOING TO THE U.S FOR MY MASTER’S DEGREE IN STATISTICS (with a specialization in business analysis)

• What will you specialize in for your degree?
==>BUSNINESS ANAYSIS[b] (no need for this)[/b]

• What will be your major?
==>STATISTICS (no need for this)

• Who is your current employer? What do you do?
==>I CURRENTLY WORK with U.B.A AS JUNIOR DATA ANALYST; I INTERPRETE DATA WITH DATA VISUALIZATION USING VARIOUS TOOLS LIKE EXCEL, POWERBI, TABLEAU AND GIVE REPORTS FOR DECISION MAKING.(Big big grammer… yes it is good to speak the language of your career, but it can be jargon to the VO)

• Can you not continue your education in your home country? WHY U.S?
==>THE UNITED STATES IS KNOWN TO BE THE TOP COUNTRY IN TECHNOLOGY AND DATA (data what?), BIG TECH COMPANIES LIKE GOOGLE, FACEBOOK AND MICROSOFT RELIES HEAVILY ON DATA. As such studying this course in US will expose me to advanced skills in data analysis. THESE MAKE STUDYING THIS COURSE IN THE U.S AHEAD OF ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, I WOULD BE EXPOSED TO MORE ADVANCE SKILLS IN DATA analysis AND I WOULD BE HAVING AN INTERNSHIP DURING MY PROGRAM, WHICH WOULD ALSO GIVE ME OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE SOME HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE. (no need for these )

• How will you meet these expenses?
==>I've been promised a ga upon my arrival once the vacancy is open and my mother and uncle will foot the bill till I get the GA (this is a no no… do not say you have been promised a GA position to fund your expenses in US, cos if no GA position what happens?)

There were also a lot of repetitions in the transcript and as such made it hard to follow and read.
But I think you should go through it again, streamline it down, using the pieces of advise given by others on this thread.

juliouze:
This is my proposed transcript, please help a brother out, interview is on Monday ejor ooo.
Any form of correction or abuse is highly needed lol ( PS pardon my grammatical semantics, they're not good enough and possibly typographical errors as well ) plus any form of mock interview will be highly appreciated. Please I'm begging ni oo.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2019
beledinho:
Please kindly help me review my transcript and give me reasons for my Denial cos m planning to reapply... Thanks so much...

ME: for my masters degree at blablabla university to study civil engineering with concentration on renewable energy system designs
Me: thru my undergrate final year project supervisor who was d director of centre for renewable energy technology in my undergraduate school
Me: to come back to nigeria so dt I can apply for job at the centre for renewable technology center in my undergrated school in order to contribute my quota to the development of my country

How do you want people to review your transcript when you retain important information about your application? it doesn't work that way.

your choice of school could have been the reason you were denied but you refused to disclose it.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by beledinho(m): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2019
clapper04:

How do you want people to review your transcript when you retain important information about your application? it doesn't work that way.

your choice of school could have been the reason you were denied but you refused to disclose it.

Its clarkson university new york... And I was offered 30% scholarship...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tooyib: 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hello. I will like to talk to you. I sent you e-message already.

samdgreat2011:

Florida State University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2019
beledinho:

would you also want a summarised review?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by beledinho(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2019
nelem:

would you also want a summarised review?
Definitely... if it would help... Actually I do not say more than what I typed during the interview anyways... Cos the consulate asked me just those questions...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2019
beledinho:

you can consult the gurus tho.

From the little i know, I think your response to "your plans after study" isn't convincing and it sounds generic.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by beledinho(m): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2019
clapper04:

you can consult the gurus tho.

From the little i know, I think your response to "your plans after study" isn't convincing and it sounds generic.

Hmmmnnn... Tnx so much for the contribution... I appreciate you big time �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BenAzie(m): 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2019
beledinho:

Sorry for your denial. I think, if your Dad have enough funds in his account to take care of your fees or deficit, you should not tell them that he has retired. The consular officer could have imagined that a pensioned allowance won't cater for your fees. Best, just end at he is a Director at ...

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Segemenge87: 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2019
Segemenge87:
Good day everyone

Please what're the chances for second bachelors.
No standardized test as I'm exempted by the school based on my prev. Uni transcript n proof of English i sent to the sch
First b.a. philosophy, course to study: criminal justice.
School: saint Leo university, Florida
Scholarship: 8500
Deficit. 29,531

Thank you as I await responses on what to prepare for. My interview is next week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by abnice2004: 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hi everyone. Has anyone used STUDY UNIVERSE to book his/her flight? Is it real? Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by barrlabs975: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2019
Please I want to know if there is any person or persons that has been approved and given the white paper by VO and was NOT able to pick up his passport after 5 working day due to delay by the embassy.
What month was your appointment and How long did it take the Embassy to return your passport back to you.
the reason why I am asking is that I was approved and told to come back after 5 working days for my passport but its 2 weeks now and I have not yet received my passport. I want to know if someone has experience this long wait and at the end got his passport with VISA. Please how long did it take?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by beledinho(m): 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2019
BenAzie:

Sorry for your denial. I think, if your Dad have enough funds in his account to take care of your fees or deficit, you should not tell them that he has retired. The consular officer could have imagined that a pensioned allowance won't cater for your fees. Best, just end at he is a Director at ...
this is great! Tnx a bunch... I tot as much as well that that might be the reason after the interview... M gonna work on that...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amme018: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2019
Thank you once again and God bless!
Don't be surprised that I still remember you. You were the only one that helped review my transcript then. Besides, I visit here everyday to learn.

fairheart:
Congratulations to you bro. You are a perfect example of NEVER GIVE UP! 4th attempt! Now, those who have been refused once, twice or 3 times can see what I have been saying. Denial is not always permanent. God bless you and enjoy your studies. It is surprising you still remember me.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by magnificent1: 9:15pm On Jul 04, 2019
Deefav:

You were denied when? 26th of July last year? Or were you denied recently?

26th June I meant, this year.
That was my first time. Can you please advice if I should apply for emergency appointment! (How certain on getting the date). Available date now is Aug 26th (School resumes Aug 27th).
Or do you think/ advice I should apply for the US embassy in Abuja!
Appreciate your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.