Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362050 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2019
beledinho:
Its clarkson university new york... And I was offered 30% scholarship.

1. The deficit on your I-20 with this scholarship, is it >$10k per year?? Considering your sponsor is retired...

2. Pls try to prepare well this time. Your responses weren't great. Consider this; I am going to clarkson university in new York to pursue a Master's degree in civil eng. My concentration will be on renewable energy systems, and I expect to complete 34 semester hours including a thesis. (Is renewables actually a field in civil eng.??)

3. Please look for a better response to how you found your school, and why you decided to go there.

4. Your plans after your program must be well thought and precise. E.g. what role do you want to take up in that institute??

Best wishes Baba.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deefav: 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2019
magnificent1:

26th June I meant, this year.
That was my first time. Can you please advice if I should apply for emergency appointment! (How certain on getting the date). Available date now is Aug 26th (School resumes Aug 27th).
Or do you think/ advice I should apply for the US embassy in Abuja!
Appreciate your response.

I've been trying to reapply too, and I keep seeing "no available appointment" so how come you're seeing 26th. Are you sure you aren't checking under the "regular" category.
I'm not sure the previously denied can apply for an emergency appointment either. (I really am not sure about this) even if we could you'd have to pick a date first before applying for an emergency appointment.
But if I'm right and there are no dates available (assuming you made the mistake of clicking "regular" instead of "previously denied"wink your best option (if you're in a hurry ) would be to check if there are favourable dates in abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hello Houz next week is my interview according to my I20
Tuition fee is 47k
Living expenses 21k
Other expenses 2146

And i was given a fellowship of 10k
I have personal fund of 4k
With my mother SOA of 34M

Pls houz,hope this is enough to convince the VO that i have Fund to cater for my masters
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by royalway001: 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hello House, please help me scrutinize my proposed transcript

VO - why you going to US

Ans-Im going to us for my masters in Engineering Technology concentration in Construction management at the University of Oklahoma.

VO-Why this school?
Ans-The curriculum is well structured and aligns with my career goals and i will be oppurtuned to work as a research assistant to Dr xxxxxxx who is working on xxxxxx which directly aligns with my research area of interest.

VO -What will this course do for you?
Ans-This course will elevate me to the position of a construction manager at my present place of work where i will supervise and direct workers, ensure budget allocated for a project is not exceeded and to ensure building are building in compliance with safety code and regulations.

VO-Why this course?
Ans - This course will improve my technical know how on how to effectively manage a construction project.

Please make corrections
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tboy47(m): 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2019
samdgreat2011:

Any special feature about your school that makes it unique to your chosen field?
Not really. Just the fact that theres an onngoing research dat aligns wit my field
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mudicua: 11:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
Hi.
These are my observations:

The sentences in bold are same.

The sentence in blue can read better as "the school provides a well structured curriculum which aligns with my career goals to be......It also gives me the opportunity to work as a research assistant to Dr. xxxx whose ongoing research is xxxxxx and directly aligns with my research area of interest."

royalway001:
Hello House, please help me scrutinize my proposed transcript

VO - why you going to US

Ans-Im going to us for my masters in Engineering Technology concentration in Construction management at the University of Oklahoma.

VO-Why this school?
Ans-[i]The curriculum is well structured and aligns with my career goals and i will b[/i]e oppurtuned to work as a research assistant to Dr xxxxxxx who is working on xxxxxx which directly aligns with my research area of interest.

VO -What will this course do for you?
Ans-This course will elevate me to the position of a construction manager at my present place of work where i will supervise and direct workers, ensure budget allocated for a project is not exceeded and to ensure building are building in compliance with safety code and regulations.

VO-Why this course?
Ans - This course will improve my technical know how on how to effectively manage a construction project.

Please make corrections

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adebanjo669: 12:48am On Jul 05, 2019
Hello,
I have a visa interview on the 24th of July in Abuja and i haven't had any experiences on how to answer the questions. For instance if i were to be asked these set of questions, are the following response okay?
VO: Why do you want to study in the United states?
Me: I want to study in the united states because the universities there are widely known for their quality of teaching and research and also their program structure lays equal emphasis on building a strong theoretical base along with importance on practical especially in my major which is biology
VO: How many schools do you apply to and why?
Me: I applied to two schools and the reasons were because i made thorough research on all the schools i would love to go and these two schools exceed all my expectations in terms of the small class size which will allow good rapport of the students with the professors, the student faculty ratio which is very impressive, their locations are secluded hence, there will be less distractions, and also they both offer out of state tuition waivers and scholarships which makes it affordable for international students
VO: Why did you choose your major?
Me: I chose to study biology because when i was in high school, i had always been curious and inquisitive about the complex forms of life involving humans, plants and animals and i also chose the major because having a knowledge of biology in the united states will provide me more job opportunities in my country in unrelated fields such as agriculture, medicine, oil exploration, philosophy etc.
VO: How many schools accepted and rejected you?
Me: One accepted me and the other put me on a waiting list
VO: Who is your sponsor and what does he/she do for a living?
Me: My sister and she is a business woman

Please help me scrutinize this responses and share your opinions and if there are other questions that the VO might ask please tell me
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marisawonka: 1:36am On Jul 05, 2019
Felizz:
Hello Houz next week is my interview according to my I20
Tuition fee is 47k
Living expenses 21k
Other expenses 2146

And i was given a fellowship of 10k
I have personal fund of 4k
With my mother SOA of 34M

Pls houz,hope this is enough to convince the VO that i have Fund to cater for my masters
Thanks
You sure are paying a lot of money for a graduate degree. I do hope it's a reputable school. As long as you can convice the VO that your sponsor has a steady job and income to support your education expenses, you should be good with funds.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by beledinho(m): 2:20am On Jul 05, 2019
Leone26:

1. The deficit on your I-20 with this scholarship, is it >$10k per year?? Considering your sponsor is retired...

2. Pls try to prepare well this time. Your responses weren't great. Consider this; I am going to clarkson university in new York to pursue a Master's degree in civil eng. My concentration will be on renewable energy systems, and I expect to complete 34 semester hours including a thesis. (Is renewables actually a field in civil eng.??)

3. Please look for a better response to how you found your school, and why you decided to go there.

4. Your plans after your program must be well thought and precise. E.g. what role do you want to take up in that institute??

Best wishes Baba.

Tnx so much boss!... This is a great insight... U too much!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Scott200(m): 4:01am On Jul 05, 2019
beledinho:

Tnx so much boss!... This is a great insight... U too much!
U are not being very open. Your deficit is the problem, clarkson university is in NY ( high cost of living). You were given 30% scholarship. Clarkson tuition is about 40k$. Cost of attendance is around 60k$, your deficit would be 40k$+, your sponsor is a retiree not a business owner, remember it a two year master program. This is my own opinion.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by magnificent1: 6:11am On Jul 05, 2019
Deefav:

I've been trying to reapply too, and I keep seeing "no available appointment" so how come you're seeing 26th. Are you sure you aren't checking under the "regular" category.
I'm not sure the previously denied can apply for an emergency appointment either. (I really am not sure about this) even if we could you'd have to pick a date first before applying for an emergency appointment.
But if I'm right and there are no dates available (assuming you made the mistake of clicking "regular" instead of "previously denied"wink your best option (if you're in a hurry ) would be to check if there are favourable dates in abuja.

Ohkk, guess I was checking the “regular” category. Hope no issue using Abuja (like it won’t look suspicious)�. So about yours,what do you intend doing?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by groovychik(f): 6:32am On Jul 05, 2019
Check the CEAC website see the status of your Visa. Also check where you booked your appointment to see if the embassy still has your Visa

barrlabs975:
Please I want to know if there is any person or persons that has been approved and given the white paper by VO and was NOT able to pick up his passport after 5 working day due to delay by the embassy.
What month was your appointment and How long did it take the Embassy to return your passport back to you.
the reason why I am asking is that I was approved and told to come back after 5 working days for my passport but its 2 weeks now and I have not yet received my passport. I want to know if someone has experience this long wait and at the end got his passport with VISA. Please how long did it take?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deefav: 7:00am On Jul 05, 2019
magnificent1:

Ohkk, guess I was checking the “regular” category. Hope no issue using Abuja (like it won’t look suspicious)�. So about yours,what do you intend doing?

Oh, I guessed right then. I don't want to go to Abuja and be rushing anything, I want to continue everything in lagos. So if dates don't eventually open up I guess I'll just have to defer to spring.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by royalway001: 7:44am On Jul 05, 2019
Mudicua:
Hi.
These are my observations:

The sentences in bold are same.

The sentence in blue can read better as "the school provides a well structured curriculum which aligns with my career goals to be......It also gives me the opportunity to work as a research assistant to Dr. xxxx whose ongoing research is xxxxxx and directly aligns with my research area of interest."

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delaztyx: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2019
Is it possible its ready and they have it with them at the embassy?
groovychik:
Check the CEAC website see the status of your Visa. Also check where you booked your appointment to see if the embassy still has your Visa

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kendrix69(m): 8:13am On Jul 05, 2019
Is there anyone here who registered ielts with by mafit....I want to know the textbook you were given. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by barrlabs975: 8:31am On Jul 05, 2019
I have checked the ceac website and the my status is AP i have tracked my passport and it says my passport is still with the US embassy. it's 2 weeks now that i had my interview. my appointment was on the 20th of June and yet I have not received my passport ( have checked with the DHL abuja which is where i filled to collect my passport but they told me that passport has not been released yet.). That is why i wanted to know if there are other cases like this. person or persons who have had such a long time delays and later their passport was released with Visa. please if there is any, i will be glad to hear the persons story so that i will know what to do.
groovychik:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by magnificent1: 8:36am On Jul 05, 2019
Deefav:

Oh, I guessed right then. I don't want to go to Abuja and be rushing anything, I want to continue everything in lagos. So if dates don't eventually open up I guess I'll just have to defer to spring.

Alright. Many thanks for the feedback.
Haven’t decided though.
Are there likely chance they provide Available appointment for the previously denied?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deefav: 8:42am On Jul 05, 2019
magnificent1:

Alright. Many thanks for the feedback.
Haven’t decided though.
Are there likely chance they provide Available appointment for the previously denied?

I honestly don't know if they will. Last time a date came out was about 3 weeks ago, on the 17th of June. I don't know if they'll still release any, we can only hope and pray. But if you can go to Abuja, you should. I mean if you desperately want to travel in August. Go for it. Like they say, location doesn't matter.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tonyelolia: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2019
@Deefav

I honestly don't know if they will. Last time a date came out was about 3 weeks ago, on the 17th of June. I don't know if they'll still release any, we can only hope and pray. But if you can go to Abuja, you should. I mean if you desperately want to travel in August. Go for it. Like they say, location doesn't matter.

Please what if on the application form I filled Lagos, can I still book an appointment date in Abuja, that is if I see a date?

@magnificent1, there are spaces in Abj for previously denied on 21st, 22nd, 23rd August

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2019
hybeenoni:
To God be the glory, collected my stamped passport today.
Special thanks to Fairheart, Brown2Green, Time2win, and others active members on this forumn for their selfless acts on here, including Lagosismyhome, and Shawarma for your humour filled post while responding to questions.

Had my interview on 27/06

Interviewed I think at window 8 by the bearded VO

VO had already approved one, denied one and placed on one AP.
Next was my turn and felt now us my turn to grab this thing.

VO: What school are you applying to me?
Me: Texas tech university to study MS Mathematics

VO: why this degree ?
Me: This decision to go for a further study was informed by my current job as a maths teacher where I have grown to enjoy the job and earning this degree will enable me attain the minimum requirement needed to take up an Assistant lecturing position at my Alma Mata.

VO: Why Texas tech university?
Me: Coupled with the fact that I was awarded a GTA that covers my tuition, living expenses and health insurance, my proposed research work on Stochastic epidemic model, perfectly aligns with the primary research work of prof Bleep and also I have been able to build a good Faculty-Student relationship with my Graduate coordinator, Dr Bleep

VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
Me: No

VO: Are you married?

Next I will be approving your visa

I just said thank you and have a nice day, after collecting my white paper

congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2019
Mudicua:
Okay so here it is people. cheesy

First of all, my case is kinda peculiar and not the regular ones common here. As such, I do not know if my transcript will help due to that, but I sincerely hope it gives someone some clarity or guide for their own interview.

Date: June 26, 2019
Venue: Lagos Consulate
Time:6:30 a.m
Gender of VO: Male
Window: Window 9. (guy was doing fingerprinting initially, but later The CGI guys blocked him off for interviews) Kinda heavy set, with beard.

VO: Good Morning, Pass me your I-20 and passport.
ME: Good Morning again (VO looked up at me when I used “again” with the good morning. Well this was cos he had done my fingerprinting) while I gave him a very big smile… and then passed the requested documents to him.

VO: Why are you going to US?
ME: I am going for a doctorate degree in Human Sciences with a specialization in global family health (stumbled a bit) and wellbeing, at UNL, Lincoln, Nebraska.

VO- I see you are going to Nebraska?
Me- Yes I am.

VO: Is that the main campus? Lincoln?
ME: Yes.

VO: You been to Lincoln?
ME: Yes I have.

VO: How long did you stay in the US? And where have you lived in the US
ME: About 4 years, I lived in Oklahoma and Nebraska.

VO: So why did you chose UNL?
ME: The school has a very rich learning culture, and a very distinguished faculty. It also provides an opportunity for students to study families using a global mindset, where local ideas are adopted to solve global family issues and global ideas... (VO cuts off)

VO: Okay so why Nebraska? You been to Nebraska? So why there (in my mind I’m like shuo… shebi I just told this dude I stayed there)
ME: (Huge smile) Yeah I lived in North Platte during my optional training… (I stopped cos he gave me a look, and huh?) Well Nebraska is a pretty place to stay, I have interacted with persons from there, the people are nice and welcoming. It is surely more than the corn fields (another small smile).

VO: (Picks up my passport and start to flip through) Why do you have another student visa on your passport?
ME: (cannot remember exactly what I said, but it was more like) I applied to other schools, some of which were in the country and got admitted and also applied for visa which just came through (cuts in)

VO: But you wanna choose the US school?
ME: (smiles) Yeah, that is correct.

VO: (nods) Okay. So what other schools did you apply to in US?
ME: BYU, UMN, OSU and UNL (I said these all in full)

VO: (nods) How many gave you admits?
ME: UNL and OSU

VO: Your previous masters where did you do it?
ME: At the university of …….

VO: What was your major?
ME: Family life education …….

VO: I see you have been to Canada?
ME: Yes

VO: How long did you stay there?
ME: Just a couple of weeks.

VO: Where in Canada did you go?
ME: Ontario, Toronto

VO: (picks up i20 and looks through) Why did they not give you full funding? Why do you have partial funding here?
ME: (omo I did not prepare for this question) Oh, I myself was surprised, and actually called the departmental chair about that, who said they have a lot of outstanding intakes this year, and it would only be fair to ensure everyone gets some sort of funding. (V.O nodded)

VO: Okay but you seem to have a whole lot more money than your deficit why is that?(picked up i20 to show me)
ME: Oh that, (smiled) the deficit is the total funds available to me minus the funding already taken care of by the school. The whole lot of money is inclusive if funding as well as my family funds. (VO nods and start to type)

VO: So who is gonna pay this balance?
ME: My brother and his wife.

VO: (nods) Okay. Where is he?
ME: In Uk. (V.O nods)

VO: What university did your brother go? (this question shocked me)
ME: University of Benin (V.O nods and starts to type again)

VO: Do they have kids?
ME: Yes.

VO: (nods) Okay. In your first masters program who paid your tuition?
ME: (Huge smile) My mom. (V.O nods)

VO: So why is she not paying now? Why is your brother taking charge of your bills?
ME: (with another killer smile and a sweep of my hair… lol) she is a senior citizen now, and is retired.

VO: What is your duty as a GRA?
ME: (did not hear very well) sorry?

VO: You have assistantship what are your duties?
ME: Oh… I’m gonna be assisting my supervisor Prof TTTT on her research on refugee women in Kenya. She is interested in African families and so we will be working together. (VO Nods) however the details of my research and other duties will be finalized in the first week of fall.

VO: And after your program, what is the program going to do for you?
ME: First I am very passionate about families, and the growing trend of domestic and intimate partner violence in Nigeria is a cause for concern. Hence after my program I will be able to contribute to policies that can help families in Nigeria and in developing countries.

ME: No.

VO: (nods) Okay. Your Visa is approved. Passes the white paper and my i20, and asked that I pick my passport in 3 working days.
ME: (Now smiling widely). Thank you and have a great day.

VO: You too.
ME: Smiled again at him, put my white paper and i20 in my folder, and then walked out.

Now these are some of the things that helped me:

Confidence: I was nervous… (normal reaction) but after my first 2 sentences with the VO, I relaxed and started to flow.
Collected: I did not rush, nor was I too slow in answering the VO. But I took time to think.
Background history: I did not violate any immigration rules while previously in US (so I had good background history). All my previous school bills were fully paid. I filed all my taxes as well, even this last tax season. (for those in US please do not take this for granted, and file correctly)
Travel history: My travel history in and out of US is there on my DS160… so when he asked if I have been to Canada, I told him yes… and how long I stayed. (but it is on my i94). Also I did a lot of traveling home while I was schooling there.
God Factor: Yes oooo… this is key. The scriptures say “when ye are prepared ye sha not fear”. I had all the right documents, but I was worried what if I said something out of place. P kept praying to be able to say the right things to the questions asked. And then I was prepared. cheesy and was able to say the right things.

Gratitude Corner
I want to say thank you to everyone who contributes to this thread. This is why it is still alive.

To those who proffered suggestions to questions I asked on this platform and even privately I say a very big thank you.
@Brown2green, @Time2win, @Walspring @Texrem for taking time to respond to my email and questions I asked, thanks.
And to those who did not or could not respond to my email request, I also want to say thank you cos I understand how crazy schedules can be.

@Twoods, I want to say thanks as well. Your comments on my post actually made me think more clearly… I actually wanted to send you an email, and in afterthought chose not to. Thanks for responding to my email request. I quite understand why and how you react the way you do. But again it is better to advise or give suggestions rather than put down others and trample on their hopes and aspirations.

Finally, A very special thanks to @Sharwama. See this girl, she took time to respond to me, went through my transcript, provided suggestions and even gave me a mock interview. Most importantly she allayed my worries… she kept telling me to breathe and just go do me… and do me I did. cheesy grin. Thanks mama... I stan!!!

One Last Note.
Please note this key fact... it is important to know what you are going for.... be passionate about your course of study. When you are passionate it will show in your eyes and your hands. Y
When you pick a course or school without much knowledge about it, then there is room for error or gaps in the conversation with the VO.
Best of luck to all visa hopefuls.

nice one! Congrats. enjoy trumpland
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kalkaothar: 9:42am On Jul 05, 2019
Deefav:

@Deefav, please i'm trying to reapply too but no appointment available. If i don't get a date in Lagos till the end and I have to defer till fall 2020, will the MRV number for the fee I paid still be valid?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ola9292(m): 10:07am On Jul 05, 2019
please house, i got an admission to wright state university for august but i want to defer till january 2020 as this would allow me finish my ongoing masters here in nigeria, what reasonable excuse can i give the school to defer my admission. thanks house.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 10:54am On Jul 05, 2019
hybeenoni:
To God be the glory, collected my stamped passport today.
Special thanks to Fairheart, Brown2Green, Time2win, and others active members on this forumn for their selfless acts on here, including Lagosismyhome, and Shawarma for your humour filled post while responding to questions.

Had my interview on 27/06

Interviewed I think at window 8 by the bearded VO

VO had already approved one, denied one and placed on one AP.
Next was my turn and felt now us my turn to grab this thing.

VO: What school are you applying to me?
Me: Texas tech university to study MS Mathematics

VO: why this degree ?
Me: This decision to go for a further study was informed by my current job as a maths teacher where I have grown to enjoy the job and earning this degree will enable me attain the minimum requirement needed to take up an Assistant lecturing position at my Alma Mata.

VO: Why Texas tech university?
Me: Coupled with the fact that I was awarded a GTA that covers my tuition, living expenses and health insurance, my proposed research work on Stochastic epidemic model, perfectly aligns with the primary research work of prof Bleep and also I have been able to build a good Faculty-Student relationship with my Graduate coordinator, Dr Bleep

VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?

Next I will be approving your visa

I just said thank you and have a nice day, after collecting my white paper
First trial?
No deficit?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 11:02am On Jul 05, 2019
Ola9292:
please house, i got an admission to wright state university for august but i want to defer till january 2020 as this would allow me finish my ongoing masters here in nigeria, what reasonable excuse can i give the school to defer my admission. thanks house.

I read sometimes ago that Wright State University do have an issue with the Department of Homeland Security. It's a fraud allegation. You might want to check that up and maybe avoid the school.

Best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deefav: 11:07am On Jul 05, 2019
Kalkaothar:

@Deefav, please i'm trying to reapply too but no appointment available. If i don't get a date in Lagos till the end and I have to defer till fall 2020, will the MRV number for the fee I paid still be valid?

Can't you defer to spring 2020 instead, they said the visa fee is valid for a year, so count 12 months from the time you paid. You'd have to use it within this period.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kalkaothar: 11:23am On Jul 05, 2019
Deefav:

Can't you defer to spring 2020 instead, they said the visa fee is valid for a year, so count 12 months from the time you paid. You'd have to use it within this period.

Oooh! Okay thanks for the information! I don't think my school(University of New Haven) does spring intake but I'll confirm. Since it's 12months, I still have till 3rd of July next year, I would have reapplied for fall intake by then if there is no spring intake.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Senatorbee(m): 11:40am On Jul 05, 2019
Kalkaothar:

Oooh! Okay thanks for the information! I don't think my school(University of New Haven) does spring intake but I'll confirm. Since it's 12months, I still have till 3rd of July next year, I would have reapplied for fall intake by then if there is no spring intake.
Hope there is nothing strange with this University of New Haven
There are more denial than approval for the school.
Is the school turning to red flag or what
Have booked my interview oooo for the same school
Please enlighten us ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lalavita: 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hi @tmd, Congrats on the visa approval and all the best with your journey. Can you share how it went with your children's nanny's interview? Thank you.

tmd:
Thank you. Her Interview is next week, I called the embassy and I was told I shouldn't schedule our appointments together but come along with her since am her employee, so outcome would be known next week.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kalkaothar: 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2019
Deefav:

I tried scheduling a date in Abuja now, first available date is August 22. School resumes August 20 and classes start 26.
Will the proximity of the interview to class start date(school would have resumed) not be an automatic ground for refusal? Considering the fact that i may not be granted an expedited date...
Should I just keep checking later for available dates in both states?
Should I pick a date now and hope to reschedule later? What is the process for rescheduling anyway? What are the chances that I will get opportunity to reschedule?

Please help out!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Congrats to all those approved grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.