Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,748 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360330 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BikeMan: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2019
Good News All Around

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
lol

Best of luck!
Flaame:
If you're honest about the score and GPA, you honestly deserve better schools than that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
University of Southern California, and all the top 30 universities in the US, and my prestigious Pepperdine University will gladly welcome you. Reach out to top schools and thank me later! But for funding, Fall 2020 may be the best term to go for. However, gets in for Spring 2020 as you proposed and see what you get.

Best of luck!

Skillset11:
I am happy to have joined nairaland in part 15.
My sister introduced me to this platform!
Spring 2020.
Undergraduate psychology!
SAT 1400 and TOEFL 108. GPA 3.67/4

Proposed University

Alabama state University
Southern Illinois University.

I am opened to any other universities for full funding.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by InshaAllah: 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2019
Marjoribanks:
Let your dreams drive you not your fears.

I give thanks to God Almighty.

No documents asked.
Funding: 23230
Deficit: 4270.

Visa approved!

VO: pass your passport
I did

VO: where are you going in the United States ( I didn't here the first 3 words properly cos he asked as I was passing my passport to him)

I am going to Bowling Green State University for my master's.

VO: why this school?
I: I have the desire to continue my academic and professional development in line with the technical knowledge and research skills I acquired during my participation at the TEA program sponsored by the US department of State, ECA.
Also the school program curriculum aligns with my career path and research interests which is Educational development and marginalised population.

VO: what's program you went for in the United States
I: TEA program.

VO: where?
I spent 3 days at Washington DC for the orientation, I was then posted to BGSU for the rest of the program.

VO: what will you be doing that made you qualify for this scholarship.
I would be working with Professor ...
to participate in applied research and other support activities to build new capabilities for BGSU teacher education program.

VO: who would cover the deficit?
My uncle

VO: what does he do?
He is a medical doctor.

VO: what other program did you apply to?
Just one because I am familiar with the school and

VO: (cuts in) Nodded in approval with a sharp smile on his face.
Though this is not my first visa interview, I can't believe how anxious I was.

VO: I will be approving your .....
Sincerely yours, I want deaf, I only heard by weekend.

I was just saying thank you sir, thank you sir

He responded by moving his face forward and gave me with a cute smile.

I want to thank GOD for everything.
Keep your dream alive don't let anyone tell you it's impossible.
I was told that 3 years ago but see me today going to the United States for the second time in 2years.
Grace found me.

Also thank you Super Eagles for that wonderful performance against Cameroon. You ginger my spirit for my interview.
We hope for a more better performance tomorrow.
Love my Naija!!
M

Congrat! I love you for loving Naija�.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
I understand. Thank you
Time2win:

Someone got after been refused within a week. another was refused. so you can't say one cannot emergency appointment after a refusal. I don't know what they check but definitely not the 6 months rule. The fellow can give it a try, if he isn't granted... he should opt to reschedule to a better date when closer dates open up.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hollateejay: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
F1 Visa approved!

Deficit = $10,194

GTA = $9,168

Tuition = waived

Sponsor = uncle

VO: how did you know about this school?

Me: I searched online through Princeton review, webinar and usnews (vo cuts and asked another question)

VO: why did you choose this school?

Me: (straight to the answer) because of Prof Bleep research project, I do a similar work at bleep research laboratory, he his researching on nanotechnology based biosensor that can detect cancer, oxidative stress etc... I also carry out oxidative stress assay, antioxidant assay and phytochemical analysis (vo nods head and cuts me)

VO: so you’d be working with this person (while looking at my I-20)

Me: (I thought she was referring to my international affairs officer from my school, so I explained) that’s the immigration officer (I made a mistake and corrected myself immediately) sorry, he’s the international affairs officer, yes i’d be working with professor bleep.

VO: what would you be doing? (For my GA)

Me: I’d be teaching laboratory classes, doing grading and assessment.

VO: where did you finish your study?

Me: Federal university of Technology Akure.

VO: what did you do after you finished?

Me: went for my nysc in 2016, worked at Nigerian Export Promotion council after I started working where I am currently.

VO: who would be sponsoring you?

Me: my uncle, Engr...

VO: do you have a statement?

Me: passed.

VO: (did a calculation) and said I’d be approving your visa and passed me the white paper.

It’s God’s favor and grace, if you can fast and pray please do, even though we get close to God at the times of our need, it teaches us a lesson how faithful God can be when we are always in his presence.

Note: please, in the face of all pink papers, every other person have their peculiar case, the place is not so tensed but be prepared and keep smiling.

Thanks to Debbie (your own is sorted already), Nerdychukz, Maximum frequency shawarma and Ayodeji, I wish you all on the USA student visa trend success.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nerdychukz: 2:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
Congratulations bro
hollateejay:
F1 Visa approved!

Deficit = $10,194

GTA = $9,168

Tuition = waived

Sponsor = uncle

Me: I searched online through Princeton review, webinar and usnews (vo cuts and asked another question)

Me: (straight to the answer) because of Prof Bleep research project, I do a similar work at bleep research laboratory, he his researching on nanotechnology based biosensor that can detect cancer, oxidative stress etc... I also carry out oxidative stress assay, antioxidant assay and phytochemical analysis (vo nods head and cuts me)

Me: (I thought she was referring to my international affairs officer from my school, so I explained) that’s the immigration officer (I made a mistake and corrected myself immediately) sorry, he’s the international affairs officer, yes i’d be working with professor bleep.

Me: went for my nysc in 2016, worked at Nigerian Export Promotion council after I started working where I am currently.

VO: (did a calculation) and said I’d be approving your visa and passed me the white paper.

It’s God’s favor and grace, if you can fast and pray please do, even though we get close to God at the times of our need, it teaches us a lesson how faithful God can be when we are always in his presence.

Note: please, in the face of all pink papers, every other person have their peculiar case, the place is not so tensed but be prepared and keep smiling.

Thanks to Debbie (your own is sorted already), Nerdychukz, Maximum frequency shawarma and Ayodeji, I wish you all on the USA student visa trend success.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nerdychukz: 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
Go falcons!
Marjoribanks:
Let your dreams drive you not your fears.

I give thanks to God Almighty.

No documents asked.
Funding: 23230
Deficit: 4270.

Visa approved!

VO: pass your passport
I did

VO: where are you going in the United States ( I didn't here the first 3 words properly cos he asked as I was passing my passport to him)

I am going to Bowling Green State University for my master's.

VO: why this school?
I: I have the desire to continue my academic and professional development in line with the technical knowledge and research skills I acquired during my participation at the TEA program sponsored by the US department of State, ECA.
Also the school program curriculum aligns with my career path and research interests which is Educational development and marginalised population.

VO: what's the program you went for in the United States
I: TEA program.

VO: where?
I spent 3 days at Washington DC for the orientation, I was then posted to BGSU for the rest of the program.

VO: what will you be doing that made you qualify for this scholarship.
I would be working with Professor ...
to participate in applied research and other support activities to build new capabilities for BGSU teacher education program.

VO: who would cover the deficit?
My uncle

VO: what does he do?
He is a medical doctor.

VO: what other program did you apply to?
Just one because I am familiar with the school and

VO: (cuts in) Nodded in approval with a sharp smile on his face.
Though this is not my first visa interview, I can't believe how anxious I was.

VO: I will be approving your .....
Sincerely yours, I went deaf, I only heard by weekend.

I was just saying thank you sir, thank you sir

He responded by moving his face forward and gave me a cute smile.

I want to thank GOD for everything.
Keep your dream alive don't let anyone tell you it's impossible.
I was told that 3 years ago but see me today going to the United States for the second time in 2years.
Grace found me.

Also thank you Super Eagles for that wonderful performance against Cameroon. You ginger my spirit for my interview.
We hope for a more better performance tomorrow.
Love my Naija!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
juliouze:
My transcript
This morning, the old man by the first window by your left as you're entering. ....
Me:good morning
Vo: didn't answer
Me: I just bone, let it not look like I disrespected an old man probably he's got what's bothering him too sha. ���
Vo: pass me your documents (without even looking at me
Me: I was sha looking at him and passed it
Vo: when did you finish high school? ( He had to repeat that like 3 different times cos his voice was really fainted )
Me: I was just thinking like ( ha! Gbese re oo, wetin concern high school concern msc na) I sha told him
Vo: when did you finish college? ( still fainting voice oooo)
Me: I sha kept saying " paddin, sir" till I was sure that was his question cos i don't understand the man sef,so I told him
Vo: started typing ooo
Me: I was sha looking around for the available paper color on his desk to see the closest to him as he has been dishing out pink since I noticed him ���
Vo: what do you do?
Me: I'm a junior data analyst with UBA, I use statistical softwares like tableau, spss, powerbi to visualize data .....

Vo: ( I was already flowing thinking I finally got his attention ) cuts in and asked " Did you write any standardized test? "
Me: yes I took TOEFL (I think I heard that a bit clearer than others )
Vo: who Is sponsoring you?
Me: my uncle and my mother ( of which I had my legit statement oo)
Vo eventually looks up Las las only to dish me a yellow or orange paper (sorry I don't know colours ���) it wasn't the usual pink so I thought maybe it's the new paper for specials like myself lol ( but it dawned on me white is what one family man smiled out with on the other window ���).... In one word sha the old man scatter my face with the paper cos i didn't hear what he said alongside giving me the paper..... I sha know if it was a good outcome, the "congratulations " would be audible enough....
Tor na so dem reject me ooo but we try again sha ooo, by God's grace y'all will rejoice with me this time around.
Big appreciation to the people I reached out to and they sent their numbers to vet my transcript and even gave me mock examination even as I wasn't really chanced, some of them kept on buzzing me to make one or two changes... I wish i know your handles here so I'll post em but gmail kept on bringing their real names instead,i am grateful guys, really grateful and "sharwama" no Reply my mail cos i love being examined by a lady ���(I understand you're busy and got too many people on your neck though, that's the price you pay for being that famous ).
I'm going to try again but this time with funding, I hope you guys still come through for me ps Lucky my guy, thanks Fam.... We go catch for UI God's willing. ���
I really lack words right now, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. I love how you have refused to settle for denial, I applaud your willingness to dust yourself off, restrategize and try again. In future, I hope I can be a part of the relaunch process.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
tboy47:
F1 visa approved dis morning
Lagos consulate
Was interviewed by dat blak man i guess window 3
Deficit = 5k
Got GTA of about 12k
Before i stat, na God do am for me oo. Nor b small fasting and prayers

Vo- pass me ur passport and i-20
I did
Vo- why did u choose dis sku
Me i was awarded a GA and more importantly, ( i started shaking and was confused) d research been conducted by professor cloiut on geophysics( nigga, what ar u saying, i started saying tins frm my head) it aligns wit my career ( vo was nodding his head) and also d program structure at TAMUC stands out for exmaple i will b learning experimental research on micro computer hardware, X-ray spectroscopy (vo keeps noddin) vo then started typing for like a minute..
Vo- who sponsoring you
Me- my elder bro here in nigeria
Vo- what does e do?
Me- e works at bleep
Vo- i can see you have assistanship
Me- yes sir
Vo- vo typed for like 1min30seconds. ( my heart was beating verry fast and i was also praying) Have you traveled out bfor?
Me -no
Vo started typing again and asked my undergraduate degree and school
I told him
Vo- i will b approving ur visa.
No single document asked..
I jst blank.
Pick up 3 days time wateva. D next tin i started doing michael jackson dance
I av been praying to God for favour and grace to speak for me. And behold e answered my prayers .
Tanks to dis forum and ur Contributions @fairheart, @sharwama and evevy oda members, i tank u all ooo
Congratulations on achieving this feat my friend, go and do exploits grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
Back from leave? grin
sharwama:

Congratulations on achieving this feat my friend, go and do exploits grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marjoribanks: 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
Nerdychukz:
Go falcons!
yes boss.
Up Falcon!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marjoribanks: 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
InshaAllah:
M

Congrat! I love you for loving Naija�.
Thank you so much bro!
Yesso Naija is my home, my Jerusalem and I love and pray for its goodness everyday.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
fairheart:
Back from leave? grin
Your Queen was sick and you came here to tell them she was on maternity leave grin grin grin
Please avoid me or appease me with money grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Greatimmacu: 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2019
Leone26:

Name of school and program you're going for, tests taken, any funding or deficit? No one can help you without these...

Murray state University, kentucky, masters in public administration, no test taken, it was waived . No funding or deficit
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
hollateejay:
F1 Visa approved!

Deficit = $10,194

GTA = $9,168

Tuition = waived

Sponsor = uncle

Awww, this is so cute. Congratulations and may the wind be at your back my friend grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
Ah! embarassed
Check your inbox.
sharwama:

Your Queen was sick and you came here to tell them she was on maternity leave grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marjoribanks: 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
fairheart:
Congratulations!
Thank you boss!
Thank you for the good job on this thread.
I am also using this platform to thank the wonderful and extraordinary people on this thread for your immense contributions.
I am really grateful.
On behalf of myself, my wife and kids, I say a very big thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Na wind go carry him go America, no be plane. Your sense of humour en, grin
sharwama:

Awww, this is so cute. Congratulations and may the wind be at your back my friend grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
iwriterng:
Visa approved!

Appointment time: 6:45am

Funding: $30k (tuition waiver not assistantship)

Deficit: 18k

School: Georgia State University

She has denied like 3 people ahead of me. I also forgot to smile.

Her: Good morning, pass your I-20 and passport.

Me: Did as instructed.

Her: How did you get this funding?

Me: After my admission I had an interview with the program director and director of laboratory, and they considered me a good assistant in the laboratory. But I won’t start in that role until my second semester after my apprenticing period.

Her: When did you graduate?

Me: 2018.

Her: What will you be doing after your studies?

Me: I’m coming back home to take up lecturing job, and also offer consulting service to cancer management centers.

Her: Interesting

Me: Excuse me?

Her: I said interesting.

Her: What will you be doing in the laboratory?

Me: Setting up the laboratory for experiment and also helping with anatomy dissection.

Her: Human body? (She look scared or something. �)

Me: Yes.

Her: Have you done this before?

Me: Yes, as an undergraduate.

Her: What did you say you studied again?

Me: Human Anatomy

Her: Who will cover the deficit?

Me: My uncle, and I have personal savings of $15k as well in my bank account.

Her: Ok. I’ll be approving your visa. This (My I-20) is like your second visa always have it with you all the time.

Me: Thank you

Her: Hold on.

She brought out that US work blah blah

Me: Thanks. Have a wonderful day.

Note:

1. No document was asked. And I went with everything oo, even NYsC discharge certificate cos I did my POP last month.

2. I was greatly favored by God. That’s just it. I believe in Him and He stepped in for me.

3. There is no blueprint for this thing. Really.

4. The entire interview lasted for less than 5mins.

Now to the next thing, ticket hunting.
Congratulations my friend grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
You're welcome. Glad you came back to show gratitude. I know more than a few that never returned after approval. God bless you!
Marjoribanks:

Thank you boss!
Thank you for the good job on this thread.
I am also using this platform to thank the wonderful and extraordinary people on this thread for your immense contributions.
I am really grateful.
On behalf of myself, my wife and kids, I say a very big thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
DonGusfring:

Date: 8 July 2019

PhD Full funding, No deficit

VO was a black guy at window 9.

I was confident and I was one of the first few people in the consulate for 6:30am appointment, he denied the 4 people in front of me and one mind is saying change queue, another is saying don't worry �

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good mornind. Pass me your passport and I20 which I did
VO: I see that you're going to the University of Toledo, why did you chose the university of Toledo?

Me: Cos the department of Chemical Engineering at university of Toledo focuses on sustainability issues relating to the production materials and chemicals from renewable resources, also the research of Prof Bleep on Membrane process Optimization for carbon capture perfectly aligns with my research interest, and I was also awarded Graduate teaching assistantship that fully covers my tuition and living expenses.

VO: how many school did you and apply to and how many admitted you?

Me: I applied to 8 schools (VO cuts in)

VO: How many admitted you?
Me: 4 schools, MTU, university of Missouri, university of Toledo and University of Florida

VO: Have you traveled outside Nigeria before?

Me: Yes, I went on a week vacation to Dubai last year

VO: Sorry you're not qualified at this time ��‍♂

Like dream. Kindly advice on what next to do guys, I have full funding that covers tuition and living expenses, no deficit but excess of 9k more than the estimated average in fact.
I am really sorry about your denial. I believe the Masters have offered you invaluable counsel. May the force be with you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
Wretch32:
I’ve learnt a lot here these past few days
Good work!
Freely I received, freely I give grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
sharwama:

Quick recovery!
I hope I have appeased you more than you can imagine.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2019
Dollars or GBP? wink
sharwama:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
grin
Pefuele:

Quick recovery!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Greatimmacu: 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
pierre92:

1. You have to give a complete profile. Bachelors in? What program are you going for? Do you have any funding? Did you write any standardized tests?
2. If you want to apply for deferment of admission, tell them the truth, you were denied a visa.

Thanks for this, actually i didn't write any test, it was waived, and no funding .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
Pefuele:

Quick recovery!
Emotionally, yes! Financially, no!
Please do the needful grin grin grin
I am fine now, thank you so much my friend.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 3:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
I have a master key to CBN foreign currency vault. What belongs to the King is own by the Queen. So, how much do you need? I can send a bullion van! cheesy
sharwama:

Emotionally, yes! Financially, no!
Please do the needful grin grin grin
I am fine now, thank you so much my friend.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
damzy88:
Sorry. Sent you a pm.
Replied already bro.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
fairheart:
Dollars or GBP? wink
I love variety actually, wow me grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
sharwama:

I love variety actually, wow me grin grin grin

I hope you are not envisaging Tinubu in Fairheart.

You won’t be surprised to find books in that Bullion van he’s sending to your address.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.